Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

The best part about that mount is sitting on your golden throne looking down at all the plebeians without one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paraduck
Jan 7, 2010

OMG I'M A CHOCOBO.
KWEH! KWEH!
Thanks for the input guys, I'll keep playing till @ least 30 and see how I like it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Velveteen posted:

The best part about that mount is sitting on your golden throne looking down at all the plebeians without one!

How do I get this

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
It seems like a waste to use a mount that doesn't go 290 :sigh:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

On that note, are there any speed buffs that affect mounted speed, or does that all only apply to on-foot speeds? I thought I had a nice spell with that priest out-of-combat speed buff, but then I noticed that my mounted speed stays the same either way and I took it off my bar. Since you can mount instantly when out of combat, there's pretty much zero use for a non-combat only speed buff.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

That being said, the action combat has started to grow on me. For the longest time I was a tradtitonal mmo combat supporter, although I did like combat in TSW. Coming into the game, I was unsure on how I would feel about combat here. Something about it just feels right, although I must admit now that I am playing a melee class, upon moving around the side of a baddie, I typically miss the first swing because of where I am facing or the camera.
I think part of it is the great sound design in combat. I know as a Lancer when I land a huge skill the giant CLANGCLANGCLANG noise as their HP plummets is hugely satisying.

Shame about the newbie zones, but rest assured some of the later places you'll go are stunning. Also has one of the best deserts of any MMO ever.

Velveteen posted:

That's incredible.

Paraduck
Jan 7, 2010

OMG I'M A CHOCOBO.
KWEH! KWEH!

Pierson posted:

Shame about the newbie zones, but rest assured some of the later places you'll go are stunning. Also has one of the best deserts of any MMO ever.

Heard, appreciate the info.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

I have noticed how boring the newbie area is. In my trying to figure out what class to play (finally decided on berserker) I ran the first few levels a bunch of times during the morning and thankfully I am done with that.

That being said, the action combat has started to grow on me. For the longest time I was a tradtitonal mmo combat supporter, although I did like combat in TSW. Coming into the game, I was unsure on how I would feel about combat here. Something about it just feels right, although I must admit now that I am playing a melee class, upon moving around the side of a baddie, I typically miss the first swing because of where I am facing or the camera.

Maybe adjust the mouse/camera sensitivity in options? Might just be something you need to get used to, or it could be fiddling with the options a bit will make it click better for you.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
I think it is just the class though. It is fine when I play as a Sorc, which feels more fluid to me. But still good advice for anyone else.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Level 54 here comes the grind :suicide:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

GaylordButts posted:

It seems like a waste to use a mount that doesn't go 290 :sigh:

I just try to ignore the part of my brain that sperges out about that since some other mounts are just way cooler than the Vanarch mount.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Is there any way to turn down your characters voice volume? I'm having fun trying this game it but all the screeching and HIY YAH bullshit gets old really fast.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Its voting time again! For those who doesn't know to vote

Click Arun where we are located at and find our guild Dragongod Knightkings and vote. Once you have voted for us, also drop some votes for our allies, Touch Fluffy Tail and No Fun Allowed on their respective continents. If I'm correct you need to be level 40 to vote after the f2p changes. You can only vote once per account.

Lolicon decide to run for Ostgarath this time, which means we more than ever need votes to win!

We're third! Don't get stuck in Arcadia or we'll be the noob vanarch of noobs!

I also have a feeling we're not getting votes from our allies, or maybe Lolicon just has that many allies.

Velveteen fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 16, 2013

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

Domething about it just feels right, although I must admit now that I am playing a melee class, upon moving around the side of a baddie, I typically miss the first swing because of where I am facing or the camera.
Yeah, you have to turn about to hit the enemy. Unless your weapon attack has a large arc on it to the side (see: warrior)

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist

Crown Face posted:

Alright, I'm still interested in case they do or if anyone following the thread went and got a couple for all the free gold.

Edit: Actually, from the wording on the website, it seems like you can use the codes backwards on any account, so if anyone has bought an extra code and used it backwards but hasn't used the code normally yet, I'd be interested in buying that too.

My local EB had two copies, so I grabbed one for you. Send me an email to snip and we'll sort it out.

KuroKisei fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 16, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Velveteen posted:

We're third! Don't get stuck in Arcadia or we'll be the noob vanarch of noobs!

I also have a feeling we're not getting votes from our allies, or maybe Lolicon just has that many allies.

So is voting the only way to do it, or can we kill some people for our space?
Because gently caress democracy.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

BobTheJanitor posted:

On that note, are there any speed buffs that affect mounted speed, or does that all only apply to on-foot speeds? I thought I had a nice spell with that priest out-of-combat speed buff, but then I noticed that my mounted speed stays the same either way and I took it off my bar. Since you can mount instantly when out of combat, there's pretty much zero use for a non-combat only speed buff.
Blessing of Zenobia? There's a glyph that also makes it give the caster +15 move speed in combat. It is wonderful. So while you usually stay out of combat if you're just healing, you still have a nice boost if you get tagged or decide to join in.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Sentient Toaster posted:

Blessing of Zenobia? There's a glyph that also makes it give the caster +15 move speed in combat. It is wonderful. So while you usually stay out of combat if you're just healing, you still have a nice boost if you get tagged or decide to join in.

Oh, that makes more sense. Now that I look at it, I see that the glyph doesn't specify 'in combat' like the skill does. They couldn't have made that less obvious if they tried. But that probably makes it worth using, yeah.

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012

Velveteen posted:

TFT's leadership seems to have abandoned the age-old alliance, current directive is to vote for Joint Fighter Wing, TFT's alt/overflow guild. It was slightly controversial, are still a fair number voting for DGKK.

There's no connection between TFT and Lolicon, though.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

KaneTW posted:

Altguild is up, name is Knightgod Dragonkings (we are all very creative). Velveteen etc. apply so I can give you officer roles.

Done. My [Merenor's] alt is Maelon.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I have some extra points from the Founder account. Is there anything really useful from the store I can buy, or should I just blow it on whatever?

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo
What server do most people run on? I bought the game a few days before it went F2P, and am thinking about playing it again, but playing MMOs where nobody talks is boring. :ohdear:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Mazzletoff posted:

What server do most people run on? I bought the game a few days before it went F2P, and am thinking about playing it again, but playing MMOs where nobody talks is boring. :ohdear:
Second line of the OP!

KaneTW posted:

:frogsiren:Goon Guilds:frogsiren:
There is only one goon guild right now, and that's Dragongod Knightkings. We're on Mount Tyrannas, a PVP server.
Offsite is at http://dgkk.kane.cx and most of us hang out in IRC at irc.synirc.net in #tera
Overflow guild is Knightgod Dragonkings, apply there if DGKK is filling up.
Mord plays on the RP server, I play on Lake of Tears (bloody 'friends'), and a few goons still play on EU for god knows why. 90%+ people play on Mount Tyrannas.

Btw there is so many people talking in global and area chat that it's advised you turn them off! So yeah everyone talks in tera.

editedit; there are free character transfers after level 20 so who cares! Just play on NA/Enmasse servers and you'll be right.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 16, 2013

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

KuroKisei posted:

My local EB had two copies, so I grabbed one for you. Send me an email to kurokisei@hotmail.com and we'll sort it out.

Just sent, posting here to confirm that it was me with the subject line Crown Face from the Tera thread.

milk man
Jun 5, 2012

Trigger warning: Hate speech
Hey guys, a few questions:

1) Is the PvP fun/competitive?

2) How is endgame for PvP? Is there an arena system with small-scale (3 or less people per team) matches (with ladder)?

3) Is there enough depth to the combat that "PvP skill" is genuinely important and meaningful?

4) Does the endgame PvE require massive groups? Is there significant/important content I will be cut off from because I don't want to play with more than 10 people at once?

5) Are free players significantly restricted from content or is it a "you'll have to grind a bit more and look less pretty" type situation?

6) How long do PvP matches last? Does it boil down to "who can blow their load and instagib faster," "Smack the other guy in the face for hours until his healer runs out of mana," or is there a happy middle-ground?

It seems like almost all of the info I find online is from people in the beta 3 years ago, and I'm assuming a lot has changed.

e: Also, how is the moderation? If I grief and exploit poo poo to make people mad all day, will the mods be on my rear end or is it like many other MMOs where they don't give a single increment of poo poo?

milk man fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 16, 2013

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
1) Is the PvP fun/competitive?
Yes it is.

2) How is endgame for PvP? Is there an arena system with small-scale (3 or less people per team) matches (with ladder)?
There is 3v3 battlegrounds

3) Is there enough depth to the combat that "PvP skill" is genuinely important and meaningful?
Definitely.

4) Does the endgame PvE require massive groups? Is there significant/important content I will be cut off from because I don't want to play with more than 10 people at once?\
No, Dungeons are 5 players per group, Nexus requires at least 7 players. That's it.

5) Are free players significantly restricted from content or is it a "you'll have to grind a bit more and look less pretty" type situation?
Elite players get 1 hr of exp boost, free players don't level any slower than subscribers before F2P

6) How long do PvP matches last? Does it boil down to "who can blow their load and instagib faster," "Smack the other guy in the face for hours until his healer runs out of mana," or is there a happy middle-ground?
No idea, I never did Battlegrounds.

e: Also, how is the moderation? If I grief and exploit poo poo to make people mad all day, will the mods be on my rear end or is it like many other MMOs where they don't give a single increment of poo poo?
I haven't really heard of mods intervening with PvP so far.

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist

Crown Face posted:

Just sent, posting here to confirm that it was me with the subject line Crown Face from the Tera thread.

Check your email. ;)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

milk man posted:

It's pretty well balanced. 15 minutes give or take per BG. You will get oneshot if you're not in enchantable PVP gear by people with enchantable PVP gear but that's BGs for you. Everything else is pretty much a happy middle-ground.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Don't forget that if you really want you can go Outlaw at any time and tear up anyone you want.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
So guys I'm sorry about that lovely ACHM run where I sucked on my priest.

http://i.imgur.com/ApIYeoJ.jpg

Any advice? I don't really want to do it again. I hate it. Now I have a clear on that character, I probably won't. But eh, it's easy up to the point I can't tell what the hell I am doing.

BTW I hope people don't mind my borrowing of people from my guild on PVE to help out with queuing MC and ACHM with the SA guild on PVP. I hope you don't mind that I'm in my own guild on PVE. Everyone's been getting a go at dungeons though, so it helps both guilds I think, to have a higher amount of people they've been able to play with.

(The warrior that queued in with us was from my PVE guild.)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Welcome to ACHM :sun:

Seriously, Hardmode Meldita past 20% is the worst boss ever.

We'll be doing MCNM runs on Tuesday (probably 9PM GMT) or MCHM if we get a full party of people who have done MCNM.

(Bring health potions and complete crystalbind. Also greater charms)

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 16, 2013

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Well this sucks balls. Totally cleared the Bastion but Murdranak isn't counting as killed. He's dead, there's nothing here but the quest won't complete. Vulcan is down as dead. I can't imagine support will help but I don't want to spend an hour clearing the entire dungeon again :(

Do dungeons scale with player count?

Carecat fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 16, 2013

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"An Aman punched me in the face real hard."

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Retro Access posted:

So guys I'm sorry about that lovely ACHM run where I sucked on my priest.

http://i.imgur.com/ApIYeoJ.jpg

Any advice? I don't really want to do it again. I hate it. Now I have a clear on that character, I probably won't. But eh, it's easy up to the point I can't tell what the hell I am doing.

BTW I hope people don't mind my borrowing of people from my guild on PVE to help out with queuing MC and ACHM with the SA guild on PVP. I hope you don't mind that I'm in my own guild on PVE. Everyone's been getting a go at dungeons though, so it helps both guilds I think, to have a higher amount of people they've been able to play with.

(The warrior that queued in with us was from my PVE guild.)

At least we still beat it, even though it didn't really feel like a victory. Have to thank the warrior and sorcerer for staying with us the whole time though. From what I know, the healer spams heals to make them follow you and dispel/heal every now and then when needed. I'm pretty sure we all knew what to do its just little things happening like a fat dps getting stuck in a corner right before the burn phase. Or the boss summoning a stupid jellyfish just as burn phase is starting and stuns everyone.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Velveteen posted:

At least we still beat it, even though it didn't really feel like a victory. Have to thank the warrior and sorcerer for staying with us the whole time though. From what I know, the healer spams heals to make them follow you and dispel/heal every now and then when needed. I'm pretty sure we all knew what to do its just little things happening like a fat dps getting stuck in a corner right before the burn phase. Or the boss summoning a stupid jellyfish just as burn phase is starting and stuns everyone.

I was also drunk off my head. Actually, I would not have agreed to do it otherwise. Sorry, that was a dumb move on my part. I can do it amazingly successfully on sorc, but I still hate the dungeon, because it's so slow, the loot sucks, the drops don't sell for as much as MCNM drops.

Honestly, MCNM is easier once you actually know how to do it. It just takes practice and a lot of wiping. If you take anyone new in it, you are guaranteed more wipes til they get it, which means nobody will take in anyone new to it and it still has this exclusivity that ACHM does not have. Because you can wing ACHM pretty much as dps, by either following experienced people or by using voice server. Queen is a very mobile fight, lots of dodging - takes practice but can be cleared every time if everyone knows the dungeon. And I don't know - I don't think it's as hard on the tank, they should hold her down and move her as much as they can, but she's gonna just jump the hell all over no matter what you do.

Heck we survived the other day for about 30% of her health after the tank died and accidentally rezzed to town. I'm not saying it should be done without tank, because that's slow going, I just don't think it's half as demanding on the tank as ACHM. I may be wrong, but the tanks we've took in have often been pretty low geared and still managed to keep up aggro for as much as they needed and survive after they understood all the strategy.

Oh yeah and there's no tanking the queen against a stupid wall. I am never, ever taking my lancer into ACHM, I loathe wall tanking and I hope more future dungeons reduce the need for it.

And yeah, I do want to do MCHM. Might need to gear up a little bit on my priest though. My sorc could handle it with the gear I have, I've been in it once before (healer could not survive it.) But my priest is in all nexus gear with the robe only +8, and I haven't bothered rerolling the weapon yet.

Oppressor
Nov 6, 2011

What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent.
How do I cancel my subscription on Tera-EU?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I guess I played this for a few weeks a long time ago, because I got an email about free funbucks for being a founder or something. How has f2p treated the game? What's the goon population like?

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

I guess I played this for a few weeks a long time ago, because I got an email about free funbucks for being a founder or something. How has f2p treated the game? What's the goon population like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

:(

• Locked thread