Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Paige calls herself the anti-diva. A babyface asskicker that isn't about being pretty or bouncy or smily. This fued is set up to establish that, to further her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Summer Rae is basically Maryse. I like the feud because its the heel thinking looks matter which is what Paige has been railing against since her debut.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Miles O'Brian posted:

Paige calls herself the anti-diva. A babyface asskicker that isn't about being pretty or bouncy or smily. This fued is set up to establish that, to further her character.

Yeah I get that, it's just a niggling thing cos it seems to happen in most diva feuds.
'On next week's Raw, Punk & Rock have a fight over who's more fooine' :P

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Is Tony Dawson a really new commentator? I just started noticing him on NXT and Superstars. I love the emotion he puts into his words.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

TEGGS posted:

Is Tony Dawson a really new commentator? I just started noticing him on NXT and Superstars. I love the emotion he puts into his words.

Don't know, but I wish the NXT announce team was always available on main shows.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
He started a few months ago. Apparently also calls a lot of games for St. Johns.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TEGGS posted:

The only thing I don't like about him is his "FOR THE WIN" catchphrase on every pinfall, I just don't like it, he's a fine commentator though.

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

The only thing I don't like about him is his "FOR THE WIN" catchphrase on every pinfall, I just don't like it, he's a fine commentator though.

Yeah that bothers me enough that it makes me actually dislike his commentary overall. Which is a shame because there was an episode where he used it really sparingly and improved a huge amount.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think if Regal was quicker on the draw and Dawson didn't talk over him, I'd be fine with the team.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I think if Regal was quicker on the draw and Dawson didn't talk over him, I'd be fine with the team.

Though the times Dawson interrupts Regal and Regal bitches him out over it are hilarious. Dawson's calling PPV pre-show matches with Striker I think now as well.

Also JR seems to have stopped calling main events, which is good for the new commentary guys coming up.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

February 16, 2013

Gabriel vs. Slater
Sheamus vs. Cody

Dolph on commentary this week! Heath Slater's air guitar abdominal stretch is the best thing.

February 14, 2013

Gabriel vs. Titus
Natalya vs. Kaitlyn

Man, Kaitlyn is really really bad.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Really glad Neville and Grey got the NXT tag belt. I wonder if they decided that before Neville's huge pop when he did his first corkscrew or after?

NXT is hands-down my favourite WWE product right now. Best wrestling, best commentary, not so many lame angles, everything is great.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

paint dry posted:

NXT is hands-down my favourite WWE product right now. Best wrestling, best commentary, not so many lame angles, everything is great.

And I attribute that entirely to being out of reach of Boss McMahon's tentacles.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

VogeGandire posted:

And I attribute that entirely to being out of reach of Boss McMahon's tentacles.

I dunno. They're playing to a different audience. I'd be surprised if many kids watch NXT, so they don't have to do so much silly stuff.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Are people really getting bothered by a commentator using the phrase "for the win" in a legitimate way just because so many people online have memed it up and used it out of context? It's not like he's saying it to hype something up or describe something that he thinks is cool. He's saying it because they are actually covering them to win a match.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

Are people really getting bothered by a commentator using the phrase "for the win" in a legitimate way just because so many people online have memed it up and used it out of context? It's not like he's saying it to hype something up or describe something that he thinks is cool. He's saying it because they are actually covering them to win a match.

Its more that he was using it every. loving. Time. To the point where people made a drinking game out of it. I think one episode a few months back has 20+ "For the win"s. It became incredibly annoying, thankfully someone else thought so as he's toned it down.

This is also bearing in mind the usual wrestling commentary thing of if its called as a certain pin, it ain't the finish.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Yea, it was definitely the frequency of it's use rather than the phrase itself. I like him using it, it's different from the other announcers, just not on every near-fall.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

This is also bearing in mind the usual wrestling commentary thing of if its called as a certain pin, it ain't the finish.

Michael Cole is terrible for this and will give away lots and lots of false finishes by doing his 'NEW CHAMPION! NEW CHAMPION!' thing or "STREAK'S OVER! STREAK'S OVER!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Michael Cole is terrible

You could've stopped there.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

February 20, 2013

Yoshi Tatsu vs. Bray Wyatt
Sasha Banks interview
Xavier Woods vs. El Local
Dr. Michael Samson interview
Sasha Banks vs. Audrey Marie
Summer Raw interview
Tyson Kidd interview
Big E vs. Conor O'Brien

February 20, 2013

Big Show gauntlet match
Brief but beautiful Brad Maddox interview
Justin Gabriel vs. Titus O'Neil

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 21, 2013

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Main Event was way better than it looked on paper. NXT was okay, but kinda peaked in the first segment with the Wyatt family stuff.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Xaiver Woods has the best theme

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I never really noticed until today just how big Connor O'Brien is. Did he look this big back when he was the Rat Boy? Or has he grown significantly since joining the Ascension?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

achillesforever6 posted:

He can be a very popular mid card act. The Internet would love him. I mean his pants say "over 9000" and he thinks he's a Power Ranger.

Other NXT thoughts:
Wyatt Family is still creepy as hell
Summer Rae is such a bitch

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

That Technotronic sounding deal goes well with the rest of his "90s dude" gimmick.

Edit: Speaking of themes Conor O'Brien's new one is pretty good too.

Suben fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 21, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

People who want Wyatt in the tea party spot are insane. Manson Wyatt family is some brilliant stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That soft little kiss on Yoshi's forehead before MURDERING him... man, Bray Wyatt is incredible.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Jerusalem posted:

That soft little kiss on Yoshi's forehead before MURDERING him... man, Bray Wyatt is incredible.

Welp, definitely watching this one when I get the chance. That sounds most excellent.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I adore Big E's entrance theme. It's one of those themes that just gets stuck my head and refuses to leave.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ratedargh posted:

Welp, definitely watching this one when I get the chance. That sounds most excellent.
He also did a huge Urange Slam/Rock Bottom move and thought for a second that Yoshi landed on his head :stonk:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Went to the NXT show in Melbourne tonight. Generico (unmasked) was one of the ticket takers.

Flair was there but I wound up not waiting in line for an autograph due to it being too long but I was right next to the entranceway so hey at least I was right there when he came out for the Charlotte/Summer Rae vs. Paige/Sasha Banks match. Kind of messed up the dynamic though because the crowd wound up cheering for the heels because of Charlotte (who sucks but does a better figure four than The Miz) being Flair's daughter. Also some dude got into a jawing match with Mason Ryan for like 30 seconds during Ryan's entrance which wound up cracking him up.

Don't know when/if it'll happen on TV but Ohno and Kruger are faces now and were really over. Kruger came off more as a wildman type and their finisher (can't remember if it's been used on TV or not) was Kruger doing an inverted atomic drop while Ohno cracks the dude with an elbow. Aiden English (who was one of their opponents with Axl Keegan) was loving hilarious too as a sort of nise Sandow except instead of a pretentious intellectual he's a pretentious theater actor. Conor O'Brian was playing face in the main event (him vs. Wyatt vs. Graves) too.

Mojo Rawley (who worked the opener against Knuckles Madsen) isn't anything great or horrible in the ring but is super-energetic which made him pretty fun to watch. He won the match using Finlay's seated senton.

Suben fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 25, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

NXT house shows must be super weird. I hope Ohno and Krueger stay heel. Krueger especially plays creepy perfectly.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Liar Lyre posted:

NXT house shows must be super weird. I hope Ohno and Krueger stay heel. Krueger especially plays creepy perfectly.

He was perfect when he came out to prey on the injured Tyson Kidd. It was the first I had actually seen of him in his new role.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Krueger is like the wrestling version of Kraven the Hunter.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Suben posted:

Went to the NXT show in Melbourne tonight. Generico (unmasked) was one of the ticket takers.

Flair was there but I wound up not waiting in line for an autograph due to it being too long but I was right next to the entranceway so hey at least I was right there when he came out for the Charlotte/Summer Rae vs. Paige/Sasha Banks match. Kind of messed up the dynamic though because the crowd wound up cheering for the heels because of Charlotte (who sucks but does a better figure four than The Miz) being Flair's daughter. Also some dude got into a jawing match with Mason Ryan for like 30 seconds during Ryan's entrance which wound up cracking him up.

Don't know when/if it'll happen on TV but Ohno and Kruger are faces now and were really over. Kruger came off more as a wildman type and their finisher (can't remember if it's been used on TV or not) was Kruger doing an inverted atomic drop while Ohno cracks the dude with an elbow. Aiden English (who was one of their opponents with Axl Keegan) was loving hilarious too as a sort of nise Sandow except instead of a pretentious intellectual he's a pretentious theater actor. Conor O'Brian was playing face in the main event (him vs. Wyatt vs. Graves) too.

Mojo Rawley (who worked the opener against Knuckles Madsen) isn't anything great or horrible in the ring but is super-energetic which made him pretty fun to watch. He won the match using Finlay's seated senton.

Weird, I went to the show in Jacksonville and they had mostly the same card. Only big difference was Bo Dallas was in the main and Conor went heel. A fatal four way with 3 heels, and me shaking my head the whole time because I swore Bo was winning. He didn't, though, so... yay.

Also, it broke my heart when I asked the red-headed, really-happy-to-be-there usher if Generico was wrestling and he said no. Big bummer. But that usher was really nice, and definitely not El Generico.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Fart Radio posted:

Also, it broke my heart when I asked the red-headed, really-happy-to-be-there usher if Generico was wrestling and he said no. Big bummer. But that usher was really nice, and definitely not El Generico.

Right yeah, I think I jumped the gun and just assumed. I KNOW he knows a masked Mexican wrestler who helps orphans though I'm thinking he may just be King's translator or something. Silly me.

One of the best was some kids behind where I was sitting who were just way into everything that was going on and kept calling Rawley "Big Blue" (because he's big and wears blue trunks you see). There was also a group of young girls on the other side of the entranceway who I think had crushes on Dante Dash because they (and they alone) kept chanting "Let's go Dante!" throughout his match; then one of them got picked to do the pre-main event raffle. :3:

Surprisingly I think the most over person who wasn't Flair was Emma who was doing co-hosting duties with Byron and also ring announcing. The crowd loved her goofy dance and any time she came out would break out into "Emma!" chants.

Liar Lyre posted:

He worked pretty well as a face actually as basically this WOOFing beastman/crazy person scaring the poo poo out of English who kept yelling at Kassius and/or the ref to "Get that beast under control!" and the crowd was completely eating it up. He came off more like a rabid dog waiting to be unleashed. English's act is pretty drat entertaining too.

Really if you're in Florida and there's an NXT show in the area go because I've been to this one and a few FCW shows when they've been over here and it's always been really fun.

Edit: Bonus kid story: CJ Parker and Enzo Amore were working the merch table and this kid is looking through a program and realizes that Amore's a wrestler. He looks at him and goes "Whoa, you're famous!" points him out in the program and is like "See, you're in here!" and Amore says something like "Yeah, so I'm not actually here. I'm CGI." and then signs it for the kid.

Suben fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 25, 2013

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
That bit with Tyson Kidd was weird. Why does WWE persist in having injured performers hop around the ring? I know these are fit guys but drat, don't play with their careers.

Great episode again though. Nice to see Wyatt in ring shape and that's the first time I've seen El Local. Who is this masked man who mysteriously has Ricardo Rodriguez's tattoos??

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I guess turning Krueger face makes sense. They already have a creepy heel in the form of Bray.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

I guess turning Krueger face makes sense. They already have a creepy heel in the form of Bray.

They could work a beast and the brains kind of team with a face Ohno and Kruger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

February 23, 2013

Jack Swagger vs. An Uso
Natalya vs. Kaitlyn

February 21, 2013

Drew MacIntyre vs. Sin Cara
Funkadactyls vs. Natalya & Alicia

Superstars opener was a lot of fun with some great spots - definitely recommended. Both guys got to show a lot more of their stuff than they usually do and I marked out for the finish almost as much as Matt Striker did.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 25, 2013

• Locked thread