Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Snowdens Secret posted:

Until you guys started talking about Benzes I thought that was a Hyundai front fascia

That's perfectly understandable. Hyundai does steal every single car design from a real car maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

C4 wheels on a Z3.

Prince Hall Masons plate for master masons in good standing.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

bung posted:

C4 wheels on a Z3.

I actually sort of like this except for the fact the spokes go in two different directions on the same side. :wtc: Did they do that on the C4? (Google says no they did not.) I guess you could get that by rotating your tires in an X pattern.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 15, 2013

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I was following a Volvo c30 tonight and realized it's a sexy mami

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I just puked in my mouth a bit, you jerk.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

This is EXACTLY why you do not give mexican women sharpie markers.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Bone_Enterprise posted:

This is EXACTLY why you do not give mexican women sharpie markers.

That's a woman?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Are these things actually good and fast or is this like a Cavalier convention in The States?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=968_1360879200

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

OptimusMatrix posted:

Are these things actually good and fast or is this like a Cavalier convention in The States?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=968_1360879200

The best american analog would be lowriders. Appearance over function.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I took a trip to Japan to visit a friend over new years' last year, and he took me to a bosozoku meet out at some highway rest stop. Words cannot describe the sound... and apparently my lovely camera phone can't describe it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXaT1UP_R5U

Imagine 200 cars and bikes with the equivalent of straight pipes, getting the piss revved out of them all night while cruising at 3mph. Automotive Insanity defined. Japan has such a polite population though, you pretty much won't see/hear these cars driving around on a daily basis being obnoxious. Show cars always get a pass from me.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
At least bozo cars are SUPPOSED to be as outrageous as possible. Meanwhile, people in the US tart up Loser Cruisers and honestly think they look good.

I wish bosozuka would catch on in the US.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

At least bozo cars are SUPPOSED to be as outrageous as possible. Meanwhile, people in the US tart up Loser Cruisers and honestly think they look good.

I think a lot of people trying to get into the "scene" would end up half-assing it and stopping half way through, resulting in a lot of cars that don't quite make it to that "wrap around from bad to awesome" threshold.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

All I see is:

^_^

None of that hawesome eyebrows stuff.

That's one happy car.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Previa_fun posted:

I actually sort of like this except for the fact the spokes go in two different directions on the same side. :wtc: Did they do that on the C4? (Google says no they did not.) I guess you could get that by rotating your tires in an X pattern.

But don't Corvettes have larger wheels in the rear than in front, or did the C4 not do that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

veedubfreak posted:

Every state needs a Holdbrooks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

davebo posted:

But don't Corvettes have larger wheels in the rear than in front, or did the C4 not do that?

Depends on the year and suspension setup. Generally the difference was an inch in width, so they might not even notice unless the wheels are next to each other.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

C4s had the same diameter front and rear, and those wheels on the Z3 are left- and right-specific.
C5s and C6s had larger diameter wheels in the back. 18" and 19", IIRC. Maybe not all of them.

who is spain
Oct 28, 2010
The setting sun wasn't doing my crappy cell phone any favors, but I had to jump out and get proof of this one. It's not every day a Porsche and an Integra come together.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Darchangel posted:

C4s had the same diameter front and rear, and those wheels on the Z3 are left- and right-specific.
C5s and C6s had larger diameter wheels in the back. 18" and 19", IIRC. Maybe not all of them.

C5's are 17/18
C6's are either 18/19 (coupe/vert/GS/most z06's) or 19/20 (Z06 w/Z07pkg or w/the cup wheels and ZR1)

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

NoWake posted:

I took a trip to Japan to visit a friend over new years' last year, and he took me to a bosozoku meet out at some highway rest stop. Words cannot describe the sound... and apparently my lovely camera phone can't describe it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXaT1UP_R5U

Imagine 200 cars and bikes with the equivalent of straight pipes, getting the piss revved out of them all night while cruising at 3mph. Automotive Insanity defined. Japan has such a polite population though, you pretty much won't see/hear these cars driving around on a daily basis being obnoxious. Show cars always get a pass from me.

I approve of this post

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

who is spain posted:

The setting sun wasn't doing my crappy cell phone any favors, but I had to jump out and get proof of this one. It's not every day a Porsche and an Integra come together.

It's so bad. Why would you do all that work to those fenders and then put skinny, ugly wheels on it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Bunch of pics, but you really need all of them to take in everything.

Best off all, it's a 2.0 diesel :v:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

"Okay, here's one of the cars we're going to run in the next Death Race movie."
"Jesus, there's way too much gaudy poo poo on that car, tone that down."

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

JaysonAych posted:

"Okay, here's one of the cars we're going to run in the next Death Race movie."
"Jesus, there's way too much gaudy poo poo on that car, tone that down."

I was thinking transformers but death race works

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

Bunch of pics, but you really need all of them to take in everything.

Holden Horror

Best off all, it's a 2.0 diesel :v:

Were the 'P' plates taken off for the photo shoot?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Is that an aftermarket sunroof? :cripes:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
I couldn't decide which topic to put this one in.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Ah yes, the majestic South Korean Eagle.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

Is that an aftermarket sunroof? :cripes:

I had a roof just like that in my old Mustang. God what a leaky brittle piece of poo poo that was.

Ahahahaha, are those '90s cell phone antennas repurposed as curb feelers?? :psypop:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I wonder what exactly the faux vents fore and aft of each wheel well are supposed to be venting.

e: that is some very nice orange peel above the chevy/ss badges by one of the wheel wells :thumbsup:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

kastein posted:

I wonder what exactly the faux vents fore and aft of each wheel well are supposed to be venting.

His wallet.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

I see he sprung the money for the active aero package.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Attention all douchebags, your Lord is in attendance. Click for big, if that floats your boat.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Memento1979 posted:

Attention all douchebags, your Lord is in attendance. Click for big, if that floats your boat.

Might as well just put: "gently caress the environment, got money" on the windshield.

I wonder if this person has heard its a good time to invest in gold :smug:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
That H2 doesn't get much worse than my Cherokee as far as fuel economy is concerned :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Faerunner posted:

That H2 doesn't get much worse than my Cherokee as far as fuel economy is concerned :(

If your Cherokee is getting 10MPG then something is seriously wrong or you drive it like a dog.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

If your Cherokee is getting 10MPG then something is seriously wrong or you drive it like a dog.

12.5-13 with mixed city and highway, all I do is commute in it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Memento1979 posted:

To quote David Letterman: This is why the world hates us.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

To quote David Letterman: This is why the world hates us.

Yep... Tacky Hummers are a uniquely American phenomenon.

If you forget about everywhere else. Like this one in Dubai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
None of those Hummers have the ridiculous oversize bulldog hood ornament BS going on. I'm not sure who thought that was a good idea, it's the same "oh that's cool? let's run this poo poo into the ground!" thing.

Faerunner posted:

12.5-13 with mixed city and highway, all I do is commute in it.

Sounds like it needs something, not sure what. O2 sensor been done recently? Plugs/wires/cap/rotor? Fuel filter? Air filter?

I picked up from 13mpg to 19mpg in my MJ (back when it was still stock... not a chance of seeing those numbers now) and an O2 sensor paid for itself in a couple weeks. Highest I ever turned out was 23.13mpg, all 55-65mph highway driving on summer gas with a clapped out automatic on stock tires/gears.