Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I missed it last night. Please tell me Colby advanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

jscolon2.0 posted:

I missed it last night. Please tell me Colby advanced.

He did! :)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It's not looking good for Monica :(

She's freakin' adorable and I hope she sneaks in as a wild card somehow.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Green Crayons posted:

I have no idea what museums look like what. Not that I'm smart, but I can sympathize with the guy who is on my level of dumbness.
At least he guessed. That other guy wagered everything but didn't even put an answer. Congrats, you just gave yourself 0% chance of winning. Now that's dumb.

I actually managed to guess it right by the date, having just read Vonnegut's Bluebeard.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
David :(

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

zakharov posted:

It's not looking good for Monica :(

She's freakin' adorable and I hope she sneaks in as a wild card somehow.

I love the cute girls on Jeopardy :3:

[/nerdiest thing ever said]

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Crap. I was rooting for Monica too, if only because she seemed to be having fun, unlike Mr. Snipes The Daily Doubles (which I suppose is a legitimate strategy but STILL). Also, the way DD Sniper leaned forward to answer every time bothered the crap out of me. You have a lav on, dude. The mics haven't been on the podiums since... what, the mid 90's?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
She won't get into the Wildcard round, sadly-- needed to bet more than that, she should have bet it all and she would have been guaranteed a spot. There are 4 wildcard spots as far as I know. 3 semi final games with 5 quarter final winners and 4 wild card winners.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

escape artist posted:

I love the cute girls on Jeopardy :3:

[/nerdiest thing ever said]

Marry me, Kate Wadman

[/new nerdiest thing ever said]

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

jscolon2.0 posted:

Marry me, Kate Wadman

Heh, I could probably beat that... but I can't take the shame for it. But there are two long-time Jeopardy crushes I have had. I just looked at Kate, she is very cute.

Okay, gently caress it...

(Abra Belke and Pam Mueller)

The shame is so thick you could slice it with a katana.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

jscolon2.0 posted:

Marry me, Kate Wadman

Man I hope you were like 12 at the oldest when you registered for these forums.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Punch Card posted:

What is 17?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Punch Card posted:

What's immature about a guy who wants a lady who has brains and beauty?

Seriously, we've got a dearth of intelligence in this country. I'm bi so I feel the same way about men. I've got a crush on this scientist that I've known for about 10 years now.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

escape artist posted:

Seriously, we've got a dearth of intelligence in this country. I'm bi so I feel the same way about men. I've got a crush on this scientist that I've known for about 10 years now.

It was more the guy who was roughly 26 at the time wanting to marry a then-high school junior, but I've let it go.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Punch Card posted:

It was more the guy who was roughly 26 at the time wanting to marry a then-high school junior, but I've let it go.

:lol: Ah, did not realize that.

Well, she's 18 or 19 now and he's 28. I know happily married couples who have wider age discrepancies than that.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

escape artist posted:

I'm currently dating a geometry teacher, lmao.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The best reply was the one in the game with Colby (I haven't watched in a few days and just caught up tonight) when the guy guessed Lake Louise as the answer to the lake between Austria, Germany and Switzerland and Alex is like "No, the correct answer is Lake Constance, the one in Europe" because the best Alex moments are when he gets indignant that Jeopardy contestants usually don't know a lot about Canada.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Holy poo poo, really?! Only one of them got Christ the Redeemer? I mean, the first guy was close, he knew what it was, just not the full name, but Holy Hell, good to see the trend of easy FJ questions of late has continued into the Tournament of Champions.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Iago, you morons.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

No Monica :(

no reason to watch now

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

zakharov posted:

No Monica :(

no reason to watch now

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

You make a valid point.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
It feels like instead of a difficulty increase, they just shifted the questions toward the academic to the point where a high school quiz bowl style breadth of knowledge will be what takes it down. If it stays that way, I think Jason Keller will walk away with the title.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

DrBouvenstein posted:

Holy poo poo, really?! Only one of them got Christ the Redeemer? I mean, the first guy was close, he knew what it was, just not the full name, but Holy Hell, good to see the trend of easy FJ questions of late has continued into the Tournament of Champions.

I'm an rear end. I saw "Christ the Healer" but knew it didn't sound right. I knew exactly what they were referring to, just not that one part.

Also, I like that one lady works for NASA. I'm rooting for her. And Colby of course. Colby rules.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 20, 2013

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
How the gently caress did no one get Owl Creek Bridge?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

uublog posted:

Huh?

I'm more pissed that med student didn't get "anaphylactic." Reaction time won't be an excuse in lecture tomorrow.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Huh?

I'm more pissed that med student didn't get "anaphylactic." Reaction time won't be an excuse in lecture tomorrow.

:what:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

uublog posted:

Yeah, I was pissed at that. That's like my favorite short story ever. And no one got the "it happened in the 1200s" Egypt.

Oh well, my girl still won! Go Kristin!!

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
I'm so happy Dave Leach lost. So smug and over-enthusiastic at the same time, an amazingly annoying combination.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Kristin is odd. Depending on what outfit she wears, she can look like she's in her 30's, late 40's, or pushing 60.

Still, I'm rooting for her and Colby.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Yes Colby!!

I had no idea in that FJ. I should study more Russian history I guess.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Good ol' Colby Bryant :allears:

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

Ugh I hate Colby's smug face so MUCH

e: Alex's "The Devil will make Stephanie do it" made literally no contextual sense.

Glenn_Beckett fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 22, 2013

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Ugh I hate Colby's smug face so MUCH

out

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

escape artist posted:

Kristin is odd. Depending on what outfit she wears, she can look like she's in her 30's, late 40's, or pushing 60.

Still, I'm rooting for her and Colby.

Tonight's outfit made me think of Kate Capshaw in Temple of Doom.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dude is just begging for a Jay Pharaoh impersonation. Too bad Jeopardy isn't even close to a blip on SNL's radar.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Colonial Air Force posted:

Tonight's outfit made me think of Kate Capshaw in Temple of Doom.

I forget what the lady was wearing. That wasn't Kristin though, Kristin is the NASA lady. Tonight was Shannon.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

escape artist posted:

I forget what the lady was wearing. That wasn't Kristin though, Kristin is the NASA lady. Tonight was Shannon.

Well that's who I meant.

I'm not good with names.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

lelandjs posted:

Dude is just begging for a Jay Pharaoh impersonation. Too bad Jeopardy isn't even close to a blip on SNL's radar.

Dude's rocking a black suit, black shirt and alabaster tie when he did his finalist intro. I'm rooting for him come Monday, especially after douche man won tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I actually really liked the Stephen Merritt story. These dudes are bad at gadgets though