Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Speaking of scratching music game itches, I've finally unlocked the final score to all the songs on symphonica.

Overall I liked the game a lot, and it scratched an itch I haven't been able to scratch since mad maestro for the ps2. $15 was about the top end of what I was willing to pay though and I haven't bought any of the extra songs, although I might someday. Although I guess compared to some of square's other games I got off easy with symphonica's iap structure.

Maybe I'll give Cytus a try next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Can I get an invite into Crusader Kings on Clash of Clans? I'm jeevesmeister.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Dewgy posted:

If you pick "reset bloodline" and lose the tutorial (whiff the block by tapping instead of holding, might take a bit), the game goes negative and gives you a crazy powerful weapon and tons of cash per fight.

You have to reset again to get it to start counting up or change equipment though. Try to get to at least -10, that'll unlock the cool negative equipment to buy in the store.
This, except to clarify: if you go to "negative bloodlines" right off the bat you will go into a mode where you will end up removing 75% of the grinding from IB1, which is ultimately a good thing. It basically gives you tons of resources to work with, letting you upgrade equipment as you need it instead of requiring you to grind for cash, and you level very efficiently. You still learn the game pretty well and aren't going to set yourself up for a fall with endgame content that's beyond your skill level or anything. Definitely do it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

You have to grind out a shitload of gold to buy the Infinity Blade, which unlocks a second dungeon. I never got that far, either. It's a lot of grinding if you want to see all the content.

It takes like 5 bloodlines to get the infinity blade. It helps when you're good at the game :smug:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm in my second Beastie Bay playthrough and I'm on the 4th course of the coliseum with four months left in the game. I just barely scraped by the third course so this ought to be interesting!

Also I'm noticing that once you get that far you have to start paying attention to the enemy's rank more than their level. A 3-star level 50 guy isn't going to hit anywhere near as hard as a 5-star level 50 guy.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

The Rokstar posted:

I'm in my second Beastie Bay playthrough and I'm on the 4th course of the coliseum with four months left in the game. I just barely scraped by the third course so this ought to be interesting!

Also I'm noticing that once you get that far you have to start paying attention to the enemy's rank more than their level. A 3-star level 50 guy isn't going to hit anywhere near as hard as a 5-star level 50 guy.

There's a Kairosoft megathread where we would love for you to share your stories in!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

I had no idea. I'll check that out.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I just finished Little Inferno. Not sure what to think really, it was really well made but after working out 25-30 of the combos I started getting quite bored. Used gamefaqs to help me through to the end.

junglistvip
Nov 30, 2010

Jefferoo posted:

Can I get an invite into Crusader Kings on Clash of Clans? I'm jeevesmeister.

There isn't actually a player search, so you'll have to search for the clan and join.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

psylent posted:

I just finished Little Inferno. Not sure what to think really, it was really well made but after working out 25-30 of the combos I started getting quite bored. Used gamefaqs to help me through to the end.

I also just finished and I'm not sure i actually liked it all that much. It was compelling enough to make me get to the end, but not enough to make me find all the combos.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Shellrazer is utterly amazing, if i's still free jump on it NOW.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Javid posted:

Looks like it's back up to $2.99 already.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Javid posted:

What weapons are you guys using? I'm up to the flak cannon guy, but so far I've been having the best luck with the first three you unlock (starting gunner, cannon, and blacksmith)

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Is there a way in Pixel People to convert in-game money to utonium? I thought someone mentioned one a few pages ago but it was in the middle of the F2P "discussion" and I can't find it now. I assume one of the buildings gives the conversion option but all I'm finding is the real money -> utonium and utonium -> bux options in the IAP menu.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Toebone posted:

What weapons are you guys using? I'm up to the flak cannon guy, but so far I've been having the best luck with the first three you unlock (starting gunner, cannon, and blacksmith)

I ran starting gunner, cannon, shotgun for the beginning. Shotgun got swapped out for the flak guy, gunner got swapped out for heavy gunner when I got it. I've also never needed more than a healing item to get through a level, so the blacksmith would've been redundant. Having a dedicated weapon for air units, ground units, and emplaced structures is very efficient.

The mortar guy was fun but too hard to aim, and the wizard was too squish. I might play through again with the b-listers once I finish with my current team.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Lawen posted:

Is there a way in Pixel People to convert in-game money to utonium? I thought someone mentioned one a few pages ago but it was in the middle of the F2P "discussion" and I can't find it now. I assume one of the buildings gives the conversion option but all I'm finding is the real money -> utonium and utonium -> bux options in the IAP menu.

You might be thinking about the 40 utonium for 10 land deal, there isn't any way to get utonium with in-game currency.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

This is what I was thinking of:

JazzFlight posted:

I realized something with the Pixel People money glitch:
Combine this with the Gene Pool building, and you have a way of making utonium. Once you get a good coin rate going, just spend 2 million over and over again and eventually you earn +2/+5 utonium packs.

Ta-da, game broken!

Not quite the quick bux -> utonium conversion I was hoping for but I guess I'll just let the exploit run for a few hours and see how much $ I amass, it might end up working (and should fill out my missing animals if nothing else).

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Lawen posted:

This is what I was thinking of:

Not quite the quick bux -> utonium conversion I was hoping for but I guess I'll just let the exploit run for a few hours and see how much $ I amass, it might end up working (and should fill out my missing animals if nothing else).
Depending on what your best building is (maxed out Town Square is great) you can probably easily get up to 50k/sec pretty quickly. I was able to scum a couple of dozen utonium out of the Gene Pool with ~50 attempts, more than enough to finish the original 150. Seems like it's still bugged for giving existing players the new ones that got patched in though.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
If anyone else was vaguely curious about Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead, it also went free.

It's a pretty solid side-scroller, but the controls scream "I wish we'd been making this for PC." Virtual stick, shoot button, jump button, separate swipe gesture for melee, the expectation of combining move + jump + swipe during the fall to air-drop on guys... bleh. There seems to be a fun game there if you can get past the controls, though.

EDIT: VV Blaming the 8-bitty makes zero sense, usually. If a dev supports iCade, they should also support button mapping. Doing the one but not the other is only half-implementing your physical controls.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 18, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Shalinor posted:

If anyone else was vaguely curious about Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead, it also went free.

It's a pretty solid side-scroller, but the controls scream "I wish we'd been making this for PC." Virtual stick, shoot button, jump button, separate swipe gesture for melee, the expectation of combining move + jump + swipe during the fall to air-drop on guys... bleh. There seems to be a fun game there if you can get past the controls, though.

I tried to use one of those BluControl jailbreak tweaks with the iCade 8-Bitty, thinking "oh yeah, this, with a controller will work nicely." No dice. Not sure where the disconnect was, but it didn't work right. I'm tempted (as always) to blame the lovely mapping of the 8-Bitty.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
Anybody playing Simpsons Tapped Out want to add me as a friend? My Origin ID is jenkemjonez.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Has anyone tried using an external controller on Gridlee/MAME? I'm not familiar with what is available. Saw the iCade, the iCade 8bitty, and the iMpulse which isn't out for a while but would like to know goon opinion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Has anyone tried using an external controller on Gridlee/MAME? I'm not familiar with what is available. Saw the iCade, the iCade 8bitty, and the iMpulse which isn't out for a while but would like to know goon opinion.

The 8bitty works well.. ignoring their idiotic button assignments. Gridlee has no options to adjust the buttons either. So expect to spend 30 seconds with every game testing each button to see what it does.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

So what happened with Turf?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Any goons out there playing Defender of Texel (D.O.T.)? It a pretty fun little timer rpg. I like it, because you actually have to use strategy during combat and it pleases my hording needs. I just started and some goon friends would be nice.

My invite code is Ltr1

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Any goons out there playing Defender of Texel (D.O.T.)? It a pretty fun little timer rpg. I like it, because you actually have to use strategy during combat and it pleases my hording needs. I just started and some goon friends would be nice.

My invite code is Ltr1

I have been for about three weeks or so. I can attest that it's pretty awesome. It's sort of like all those RoB card games except it has pixel fighters instead and is way better. And you can compete pretty well while playing as a free player.

(I see what you did there, goon-who-wants-referrals.)

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Clocks posted:

I have been for about three weeks or so. I can attest that it's pretty awesome. It's sort of like all those RoB card games except it has pixel fighters instead and is way better. And you can compete pretty well while playing as a free player.

(I see what you did there, goon-who-wants-referrals.)

You got any tips? a topic on gamefaqs and lovely incomplete wiki is literally all info I can find on the game.

Also you wouldn't see my referral code if I used more sub script!

Cheating the referral system wouldn't be hard because all they check is emails, but it would be really time consuming

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Be Depressive posted:

Anybody playing Simpsons Tapped Out want to add me as a friend? My Origin ID is jenkemjonez.

Added you as bunkster.

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

The version of MAME in Cydia allows you to use a WiiMote and the Classic Controller. It was an almost life changing experience the first time I did it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Games like Clash of Clans are pretty cool but I can't help think about how much better they could be. I can't wait for somebody to figure it out and add a battle system that's legit fun and interfaces with your base in a cool way.

I would actually dump money (and play for more than a month) on a base building game that had something like the battlescape from x-com.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Shwqa posted:

You got any tips? a topic on gamefaqs and lovely incomplete wiki is literally all info I can find on the game.

I've been trying to add to the wiki but it's kind of hard at this stage. Like it's difficult/impossible(?) to figure out a fighter's max stats unless you actually max it, etc.

"Tips" is pretty general. Within each event, you will definitely want to use edge units because they do give you a huge boost. In elemental sign / species dungeons, you should do the highest mission difficulty that you can to get points. A fighter can evolve up if it has an arrow next to its SEF. Gear can be bought at the "texi exchange" and can be self-fused to 5/5 but not evolved. A complete 5/5 SEF weapon will have a 30% skill proc rate and a fighter can end up using a weapon skill and its own skill on the same turn.

Otherwise team composition is pretty important. Typically having a line of strong, fast hitters is good because you'll want them to murder the enemy line before it can attack you. There was a mob raid event though where magic fighters, or speedy hardy fighters could be used to kill specific bosses. So it depends. That's some general stuff that I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm clocksprocket ingame so feel free to ask me questions there or message me on SA.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

a foolish pianist posted:

So what happened with Turf?

I was wondering if anyone else was playing it. Most recent update on Facebook seems to vaguely entertain the idea of open-sourcing it.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

Shwqa posted:

My invite code is Ltr1

I've been playing for about two months now, username Duranki. Friends don't seem to do much, outside of getting you 'x friends attained' achievements, but by all means add me.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

DrManiac posted:

Games like Clash of Clans are pretty cool but I can't help think about how much better they could be. I can't wait for somebody to figure it out and add a battle system that's legit fun and interfaces with your base in a cool way.

I would actually dump money (and play for more than a month) on a base building game that had something like the battlescape from x-com.
Battlescape from X-COM wouldn't be playable in the queue in Starbucks. That's about the limit of 95% of people's ability to focus on a game.

Breach and Clear looks like it might tap that niche a little, depends what the base building is like.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Dungelot is currently free

http://appshopper.com/games/dungelot

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Shwqa posted:

My invite code is Ltr1

Invite code isn't working!

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Our game is finally just about out. We're already in Apple's review process, and we release this Thursday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQlrH16WeJI

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Shalinor posted:

Our game is finally just about out. We're already in Apple's review process, and we release this Thursday

You had me at UBIQUITOUS DUBSTEP TRAILER :allears:

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Shalinor posted:

Our game is finally just about out. We're already in Apple's review process, and we release this Thursday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQlrH16WeJI

CATULATING...

Ok I gotta have this, its universal app right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Dvlos posted:

Ok I gotta have this, its universal app right?
Yep. Runs fine on everything. It even runs on 3GS, if a bit slowly (but I used that as my primary test device throughout, and got pretty dang far in the game).

It'll be on Android too here in a few weeks, but I want to make sure the iOS release is dead solid before doing anything else.

• Locked thread