Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
I've got today off. Spending the entire day in bed watching Fringe, only getting up for lunch and smoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I got dismissed from jury duty super early, so I now have a free day off! Thinking about stopping somewhere for a celebratory Bloody Mary.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
Went to the neurologist today.

Got weighed.

I am no longer obese.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I finally found out the name of that hot fisheries and wildlife guy I want to gently caress :toot:.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
Today I went in to discuss my Near East/Ancient Egypt archaeology project with my professor. When I mentioned that I was thinking about using the bronze pour project in my Metal Sculpture class to make a replica of an artifact for an exhibit, her face lit up and she showed me a 3300 year old bronze sickle sword from Egypt. One of only 12 in the world that have been discovered, it is broken between the blade and the hilt. Now, if my metal sculpture professor approves, I'm going to make a replica of an extremely rare artifact that the archaeology department will likely use until the end of time. :3: I love being an archaeology major with weird interests.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

CommanderCoffee posted:

Today I went in to discuss my Near East/Ancient Egypt archaeology project with my professor. When I mentioned that I was thinking about using the bronze pour project in my Metal Sculpture class to make a replica of an artifact for an exhibit, her face lit up and she showed me a 3300 year old bronze sickle sword from Egypt. One of only 12 in the world that have been discovered, it is broken between the blade and the hilt. Now, if my metal sculpture professor approves, I'm going to make a replica of an extremely rare artifact that the archaeology department will likely use until the end of time. :3: I love being an archaeology major with weird interests.

This is awesome, please post pictures if/when you do this (including progress pics).

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Celebrated Valentine's Day early today by surprising my wife with sushi. She gave me a heart shaped box of chocolates. :3:

I also shaved my beard today partly as a Valentine's Day present. She hated that beard.

Edit: I'm in a good mood and may as well add the following

1: My copy of Golvellius: Valley of Doom for the ancient Sega Master System arrived in the mail today. Nearly thirty yaars old and it looks almost brand new.

2: I have beer.

3: I've lost about 35 pounds in the last six months and trimming away the caveman beard I'd been growing since September really shows off how much I've slimmed down since then.

Quiet Feet has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Feb 14, 2013

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I had quite possibly the best loving cheeseburger I've eaten in ages for supper. gently caress that was good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I realized I've been a pissant for the last year and a half. I've finally remembered who I am and it's time to ROCK AND ROLL.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I have an interview with a huge company on the best paying field in my city :D

La Croux
May 10, 2007

Proud member since 2010 <3
BERNHOFT HIS COMING TO TORONTO I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT HOLY BALLS.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Not today, but on Wednesday my wife gave birth to our second son, so that was pretty awesome!

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Bought wedding rings today!

We went to a jewelry outlet store and mine was on sale for $500 off the original price since they were trying to move inventory to get new stuff in, so I got a much nicer ring than I was originally looking for for only a small amount more. Woo!

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Today I was working in a different part of town than I usually do, and it was lunch time. It being a reasonably nice day, I decided to walk to Sonic to get my cherry limeade on. A dude was walking around behind the Quik Trip that was on the way, I walk past him, watching the shadows as I pass because he seemed off, and I wasn't sure if he was going to jump me. Well turns out he did, apparently thinking I wasn't watching, but I saw his shadow charging, so I was ready. Took a very minor blow to the face, because admittedly I'm not a master combatant and turned the wrong way at the wrong time, but I punched him hard in the mouth, and again somewhere else on his head, so he grabbed my shirt and threw me down on the ground, at which point and punched him square in the nuts. He took off like a shot, so I stand up, make sure I'm not bleeding anywhere, pull out my phone, and call the cops. They said they'd send a car around to meet me, I asked them to meet me at Sonic because I wasn't about to let that poo poo get in the way of my cherry limeade. So I talk to the cop, describe the guy, he goes off in search. I eat my food, drink some sweet, sweet cherry limeade, and walk back. I see the guy again, near the Quik Trip. In the parking lot is a different cop, so I go over to his car and tell him that man attacked me. He brings him over, talks to him for a bit. Turns out this is some homeless guy with several assaults on his record already. I put an rear end in a top hat homeless dude in jail today.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I kept down cereal and pizza last night, and I didn't throw up once this morning, so I got to go to work today! I love going to work. Every time I go, everyone seems so happy to see me and someone gives me a present.

(Today it was Ted Collins' "The Routes of Man." Do my students know me or what?)

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
Archaeology class. Today we went to the Arch Lab in order to get our hands on some Bronze-Age artifacts. It gives me some sort of joy to hear non-archaeology people pick up ancient objects and go, "Wow, this is cool!"

Also, I woke up able to breathe. Turns out my pneumothorax is pretty much gone. gently caress yeah.

LuchoVzla
Jan 4, 2013
Looks like that after 2 months of waiting, my PS3 will arrive this weekend. :haw:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My Invisalign casts are in and my orthodontist appointment is scheduled for tomorrow. At last! :unsmith:

Baby Ruth Ginsburg
Jan 29, 2013
I work freelance, so yesterday I worked a little awards show with a large open bar, got paid in cash, grabbed two beers with my awesome co-workers, got home late, but still early enough to finish off the night by winning a couple rounds of black jack with all my lovely roommates/friends.

Yay booze and dollars!

Oh yeah, and I finally ponied up and bought tickets to The Postal Service show at the Barclay Center in June for my boyfriend and I. Yesterday so rocked.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
I went thrifting and got myself a lot of really cool clothes. I also found a pair of T.U.K. boots for $20 that go for $140 new. Yay!

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
I got a job and accepted into the only PhD program I wanted to attend and I finally got my taxes done so I can get my refund. Life is sweet.

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

This thread has been boosting my mood a lot lately - and it's time to contribute:

My day is awesome because I randomly remembered talking to my friend about having ice cream cocktails tomorrow. I e-mailed her and another friend to ask if they were free. It was such short notice, I honestly wasn't expecting anything to come of it, but they're both free and both coming! I get to drink delicious ice cream cocktails tomorrow, then possibly go home and try out writing while tipsy.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
I moved in with my amazing boyfriend yesterday, and the day before had an interview for a job with double the hours and more than a $2/hr raise, and pretty much got the job! Just have to do a background check and the drug test, which will be easy!

Saw my best friends play a show, introduced the boyfriend to them all, and they love him! Had an amazing time drinking and bullshitting with them, especially since I hadn't seen most of them since April.

Also bought three new fish to add to the 10-gallon tank my boyfriend bought for my goldfish, so now he has fishy friends!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I ran two miles and didn't die!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I pawned off some old 3.5 sourcebooks to my college's gaming club, and now I have an extra $25 to spend on :420:

..Either that or the fact that I got all my homework done early so my weekend is completely 100% responsibility free. :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nothing major, I just had a ton of energy today. It's nice to have those days where you can just go in to work, manhandle everything and get out fast. Also, I put on a pair of old pants today and you could stuff a raccoon into the space between me and the waistband.

But please don't.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Spirit Week at the daycare I work at, today was Halloween day :3: We had a potluck at work and my dish was the only one that had no leftovers and people came into my class just to tell me how good my dish was (it was the cookie dough truffles which I believe I got off this forum.) One of my most difficult kids wasn't there today so there was a better flow to the room, plus whatever whiny illness or weather coming in that had all of my kids being so whacked out and miserable this week did not affect them today, it was a pretty smooth day.
After work I had an "interview" for a babysitting gig that I totally landed! It won't be a ton of time but extra cash is always good.

Minea
Feb 14, 2013

I'm sure it'll go away
For my Theatre class we are required to go to 'shop hours' basically. We are required three hours a week and it consists of helping people set up stuff for the stage and stuff (Related to your specific class, for example, I am in Lighting and Sound Tech so we were working primarily with the lights)

Sign in at 2pm, our group got everything we needed down in an hour, they had nothing else for us, and they dismissed us

We got credit for working three hours, by working only one!

EDIT: And yesterday was pretty awesome as well, since we had a Snow Day and everything was cancelled

DrHerpington
Dec 20, 2012

;-*
I'm seeing someone I haven't seen for 2 years very soon, and they're going to see me over my break instead of during my midterms week.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

youareoffthehook posted:

I moved in with my amazing boyfriend yesterday, and the day before had an interview for a job with double the hours and more than a $2/hr raise, and pretty much got the job! Just have to do a background check and the drug test, which will be easy!

Congrats. :) Are drug tests normal for employment? My job is super high security and I had to be investigated by the Canadian equivalent of the CIA/FBI for over a month but still didn't have to do one of those.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I made some amazing sweet chilli beef and rice last night, and discovered that I had enough left for lunch today.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Since the snooze button renders my alarm useless, my cat took it upon herself to wake me up at a decent hour.

Also I'm having a blast walking her in the snow. You whine to go on a walk, huh? YOU GOT IT, KITTY

(photo from yesterday, but it's the same today)

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Christoph posted:

Since the snooze button renders my alarm useless, my cat took it upon herself to wake me up at a decent hour.

Also I'm having a blast walking her in the snow. You whine to go on a walk, huh? YOU GOT IT, KITTY

(photo from yesterday, but it's the same today)

I want a cat that will allow me to walk it. :3: She's adorable. What's her name?

I just found out via squealing coworker that our union got us not only retro pay to the tune of almost double my paycheck next week, but I also got a $1/hr raise. :woop: Gonna hit the town tonight, yes sir!

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

leidend posted:

Congrats. :) Are drug tests normal for employment? My job is super high security and I had to be investigated by the Canadian equivalent of the CIA/FBI for over a month but still didn't have to do one of those.

Thanks, I'm really excited! Drug tests are pretty common, the only jobs I've had recently that didn't test were camp jobs.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I have a job interview next week! :)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My only class today was cancelled due to snow. :toot:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I made delicious tuna steaks for the first time. OH GOD I NEED MORE.

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011
I just discovered my new favorite band, KUNG FU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Everything at work was a problem yesterday; everything worked out extremely well today. Had a lot of energy and my mind-mouth relationship was functioning a lot better than usual. Also met a new coworker as well as a new account manager from a vendor, both of whom seem very nice and easy to work with.

I am now eating Chinese food and drinking coffee and browsing the Forums while on the town because my wife has her girlfriends over. It's bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

morcant posted:

I want a cat that will allow me to walk it. :3: She's adorable. What's her name?

I just found out via squealing coworker that our union got us not only retro pay to the tune of almost double my paycheck next week, but I also got a $1/hr raise. :woop: Gonna hit the town tonight, yes sir!

Her name is Mabel Mischief and she makes every day awesome. I am obsessed with her.