Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Dio on the left, Ozzy on the right, post-bath hay-munching, all fluffed up and pretending to be fierce whilst stuffing their faces :3

We've had them for about 3 weeks or so now and they're settling down nicely, even relaxing on us in the evening as the mood arises. They don't make much noise though, which is a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
So many cute animals ITT :3:

Cross-posting this from the Primitive Breeds thread. We adopted our cat Pikkukoira from the shelter in June 2012 to keep my elderly cat company. He passed away in October. In November, we adopted Goliath (a name he had at the shelter and which he responds to, otherwise we would have changed it) in November. Pikku and Goliath have since become best friends. This picture is the two of them doing laps around the house together, side by side. I wish I had some video, but basically it's a cute overload.

The cat has such a strong dog-like personality (hence the name, which means "little dog" in Finnish), and the dog has a very cat-like personality, so they really compliment each other.

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013

This is our cat, Shadow. He is turning 13 this year. If you make him mad, he will vomit on you.

This is our other cat, Sunshine. She is sweet but lamentably dumb. She likes long naps on the arm you are using to play video games with and vomiting hair balls on the things you love.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Our new puppy, Clyde. He came from Taiwan and was likely a street dog. When we first got him this Monday, he wouldn't even let us pet him, and now he's improved a ton in just a few days. He's still getting used to the city life, but I think he'll do well.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Snickers has been keeping me company while I've been sick this week.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is Jet. I got him recently and he is a very good kitty. :3: He's affectionate and cute and mostly sleeps and that's pretty fucken awesome. He has a heart murmur, but it doesn't seem to affect him in any way.

He is polydactyl.

He has a funny meow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ZZfnTm3HM

He's also a snake aaaahhhhhhhh

Jet!

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Here's another picture of the "big brother" to our recently adopted kittens above. "Mouse" is currently in the finals to win some contest at Cute Overload: http://cuteoverload.com/2013/02/25/co-real-best-picture-rock-the-stoat/

Please vote for Mouse! He was the runt of the litter kitten from a rescue place about 7 years ago--a little gray thing we called Mouse because that's what he looked like. We adopted him shortly after getting married, and he grew up to be a really beautiful/cute cat.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Koivunen posted:

The cat has such a strong dog-like personality (hence the name, which means "little dog" in Finnish), and the dog has a very cat-like personality, so they really compliment each other.

This is my parent's dog Wasabi, bored at the airport during a layover. As a puppy he lived with my brother and an adult cat. He picked up a ton of cat behavior early in life, which he outgrew, but it was funny for a while. He would always try to swipe at stuff with his paws, trying to imitate the cat, but never with the same success.

edit: Sleeping in.

particle409 fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 26, 2013

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

this is suzy.

she is a beagle.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
This is Benjamin, but we mostly just call him Cat.

I posted about him a while ago - He's the next door neighbour's cat, but since I'm in the UK and it's all outdoor cats here, he struts over every single day. He's around here all day when they're at work.

My boyfriend made him a cat toy.

He is adorable. He lives here at least half of every day, and sometimes sleep here. We don't feed him, next door do that.

Noreaus fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 28, 2013

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
This is Amber! She's 16 years young and loves sleeping and cuddling and being ADORABLE. She's my first dog and the love of my life!

This is Curly! Curly is maybe 10 years old now. He's some Yorkie mix. Curly is basically my mom's shadow. It's really adorable and I'm glad that she has him as he's definitely helped with her Empty Nest Syndrome. I call him Garbage Dog because he'll try to eat everything. Also, he loves smelling my butthole.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
These two are Mani (Shih Tzu / Poodle Mix) and Gaston (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel). We didn't really plan for either of them, but both of them came from families / friends who had to give them up and we couldn't say no.

Gaston is not a fan of Hurricanes.

This is Gaston during a period of existential crisis and also probably hunger.

We stopped for some drinks and lunch with some friends we ran into while on a walk. The restaurant initially said Gaston had to wait outside the fence on the patio. Gaston disagreed with the establishment's policy.

Eventually the manager saw him and let us keep him on the curbside patio with us at our table. He cannot hold his alcohol.

Gaston is still young and sometimes needs the firmer hand of Mani to instill some discipline. Mani's preferred method of punishment is to chase Gaston into time out in the bathtub while he steals all of Gaston's bones.

Here is Mani as seen in the latest issue of Tiger Beat.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
This is Zorro and his sister Peach

I adopted both of them about 2 years (they are around 3 1/2 now)

Zorro is secretly a special agent

Always classy with his golden wink

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Just curious what breed this fellow is. One of our cats looks so much the same, and we've always been curious about her.

The lady in question, showing off belly. Chloe is an adopted feral, born under the neighbors deck to a pack of feral cats. She was incredibly curious from the start, and would drop by the house every day or so for some food. It took about 6 months or so, but she eventually came to trust us. When our elderly cat passed on she was right there to fill the hole.

This is our other cat, Levi. We hadn't exactly planned on taking in a second, but these things happen. One morning we found this big fellow hanging around our driveway. We gave him a bit of food, and to our suprise it only took a couple days to win his trust to where we could pet him.

He ended up staying around, and we suspected right from the start he was either an abandon or a lost pet. His trusting nature and friendliness really showed he'd had prior contact with people, but he wasn't neutered. We put repeated ads in the paper for a found cat, took him to several vet clinics to have him scanned for a chip. Nothing, no response. We even called the animal shelter a few times, letting them know we had a large male tabby cat in case anyone came looking.

Nobody ever claimed him, so I guess he's ours now. Although that led into an interesting story, we had an appointment set with the local clinic to bring him in to get his nuts snipped. And then the day before his appointment he vanished. We didn't think too much of it, as he quite frequently vanished for days at a time, but this time it stretched to almost a week.

Finally he shows back up at the door and I go out to feed him, only to find him with a freshly shaved rear end and clipped ear. Apparently someone else grabbed him and took him in. Problem solved I guess.

After that we tried a few tricks, like putting collars on him with little notes reading "Is this your cat? Call us" and our phone number. After coming back missing the collar, we tried again with "Seriously, we aren't angry you neutered our cat", again he came back minus the collar with no phone call.

Mystery cat, but great. He weighs almost 20lbs, but doesn't have a bit of fat on him. He's built like a goddamn bulldog, but is the biggest love-hungry sweetheart of a cat.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
A kitten managed to infiltrate my house a bit over a week ago.

This is Oliver on 2/24

This is Oliver on 3/4

He's already won over the three other beasts :3:

Occams taser
Mar 7, 2013

What is Occam's Razor??????

My bearded dragon, Reptar.

My Australian Shepherd, Sam (as a puppy)

Sam, in the present!

Honestly, I'm not sure if these pictures are too big, please let me know for future references!

chad radwell
Jan 16, 2009

Disclaimer: I am a lovely photographer. Compounded with cats having a bad case of the blurs, I take some outstandingly atrocious photos. Please let me know if these are too large, I tried to resize them properly! :ohdear:

Just under two years ago, two kittens were born a day apart. They were from different litters- one was a striped orange tabby, the biggest of his four siblings and very shy. The other was all black, the runt of seven, with a bald chin, nine nipples, and funny back legs. He might be a chimera, as he has the personality of at least two cats in him. And the appetite of about seven.

They were tiny!

And bitey...

But eventually they became friends.

Named 'em Cooper (orange tabby) and Remer (black fatty). Yes, from BASEketball. Yes, it's stupid.
Cooper is still fairly shy, and doesn't get into too much trouble, although he's extremely needy. And LOUD. He's more talkative than most Siamese I've encountered.

Although he sleeps like a dead chicken, which is a little odd.

Remer, on the other hand, is a total (adorable) bastard.

I said he has the appetite of seven cats? Here he is hunting for pecans. In the cabinet above the sink. Which was closed.

An abbreviated list of things Remer has eaten, attempted to eat, stolen in order to eat, or ripped open in an attempt to eat:
-bread
-lettuce
-an entire half chicken (which he dragged off the counter in the five seconds I had my back turned)
-oatmeal
-Cheetos
-pita chips
-Wheat Thins
-brownie bites (eaten, appropriately, in one bite)
-Milanos
-various and sundry Christmas cookies
-Mike's Hard Lemonade
-plastic bags (he prefers Ziploc or Albertson's, but Target will do in a pinch)
-a bread tie
-chili cheese fries
-hot dogs
-Arby's sandwich
-olives
-ice cream
-mustard
-anchovies
-hummus
-spaghetti
-nuts (he gnawed through a plastic peanut container, rendering it useless)
-the insides of several pairs of shoes
-sunglasses case
-printer software disk
-face cream
-protein powder
-dried vegetable mix

Also, this. Every time there's a box.

He melted once.

But mostly he just likes to lounge. He's a professional loving lounger. And yes, he always looks this sultry. It's a little unnerving.

Although every once in a while sluggo gets some activity.

This pretty much sums up their existence in a picture:

:v:Remer, look at the camer-
:catstare:WHAT'S GOING ON OVER HERE IS ATTENTION BEING PAID TO SOME INTERLOPER

Panzer Attack
Mar 9, 2013

girl, take it easy
My number of pets has fallen down to 2 as of late :( My ex kept one of our dogs and both our mice, and my axolotl died (RIP Senor Wooper).

Scooter is a mains registered Papillon. He is the most broken dog in the world. He's just turned 2 and I love him so extremely it actually hurts a little bit. He was neutered at 6 months due to one of his balls refusing to drop. He has had a patella repair since then and will most likely be getting the other done this year (good bye, agility). He's really anti-social and will go mental if he doesn't like things. I have NFI what is up with this dog. I got him at 9 weeks and he bit me pretty much straight away. Having said that, with a lot of training he's become a hell of a lot better. He's dog aggressive due to being attacked by dogs at obedience club (WORST LUCK) twice (seriously) but is getting better. He answers to Pootie, Noodle, Shithead and his registered name is Paptacular Miles Per Hour.

10 weeks old. World's cutest Gremlin.

Somehow made it to 2 years old!

Rudy Soho is my rescue boy. He's a 1 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that we picked up from the pound after the dog we were going to buy tried to eat Scooter. He's the good child. He sleeps curled up next to me, has reliable recall, loves life, smiles like a moron and sheds like you would not believe. He's a fussy eater but besides that is all good. He's really helped me heal from the last two years of sperg Papillon and it's sooo nice to have a normal dog. He also calms Scooter down, and is the only dog that can tolerate his random temper tantrums.

HAPPEE BOY

The looks on their faces sum up their personalities perfectly.

BONUS

With Tucker (Jack Russell x Corgi rescue dog) who now lives with my ex. Non-intentional colour scheme going on here.

The Albino Otter
Sep 2, 2007
I'll blind you with my albino powers!
Internet, I would like you to meet my new best friend, Moses!

He's a nine week old miniature potbellied pig. It's really hard to get a good picture of him, since the only time he stops moving is when he's getting scratches or sleeping.

Scratches:

No pictures, just more scratches:

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

there is now atleast 3 pet's named moses that I know of on this subforum.

Moses the pot bellied pig, moses the german shepard who got hit by a car when he was a puppy and I think there's a pibble named moses?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
That pig is awesome.

Betamax and Anathema Device. I'll be picking them up on Saturday, getting excited.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm not sure if I've posted Butters, my Pembroke Corgi yet (these pictures are a few months old, so he's 2 1/2 years old here?)

Hoping for some freebies from cooking

Trouble brewing at my parents' place over Christmas (cameo by Toby, one of their two cats)

Stealth* mode

Waking up from a nap

Close-up

Loving the pictures of Cavalier spaniels on this page, my GF are hopefully moving back in together over the summer, she wants a second dog if we do and have specifically named those as a breed she wants.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 21, 2013

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

This is my kitty Finn, named such because she loves adventuring. The day after she was born I went to check on the kittens, and there was only 4, when there had been 5 the night before! This little lassie, being as daring as she is, had decided to get herself stuck in between a pocket and the material of a pair of shorts, I found her after frantically searching for a good ten minutes.

This is her cousin Roary, short for Roarschach, spelled such because he is a cat of course! Poor little guy is blind in his left eye, has been since birth.

And this is the newest addition to the family, Marceline. Yes me and my girlfriend really like Adventure Time. She mostly goes by Marcy because I can't be bothered to add another syllable. We rescued her from a woman who was going to have her put down because she didn't want to have to take care of her any more. I'm very glad we got her, she's the most lovable cat in the world, how anyone could want to have her killed is just beyond me. She has heterochromia, one green eye and one blue.

BygByron3
Jan 10, 2005

My birds. Gizmo the Umbrella Cockatoo, Zelda the Cockatiel, and Bo the Bourke's Parrot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Buddy is so insecure, he felt the need to compete with a photo of himself for attention.

VoilaIntruder
Aug 13, 2007
Voila Intruder, and he's brandishing two sticks.

Aravenna posted:

If only I could be this happy every day. Being a dog must be awesome.

Looks very similar to my ~10 year old German Shepherd mix, Oliver.

Here he is with his sister, Alice. We found her in a shelter a few months ago and she has definitely already ingratiated herself into our family. She seems (to me, anyway) to be a Beagle Whippet mix.

Sgt Pepper, with a gift a friend painted for him. He goes to work at a record store every day and has countless admirers. He is also fully aware of this and rules my life with an iron paw.

Moo aka Young Moozy, the softest cat this side of the Mason-Dixon line.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
My dogs: Cujo and Furball.

Cujo is an Australian silky terrier and about four years old. We adopted him because the other dogs at the shelter were beating him up, which is basically all you need to know about him.

Furball is a 13 year old Shih Tzu. She's dumb as a rock, but really good at hunting lizards.

69 the sex number
Mar 29, 2013

this is mac, he's a 5 month old chihuahua/pekingese mix. hes my first pet ever! some family friends had a litter and i somehow ended up with him, which is awesome.

he is very protective and lovable. ive heard thats a common trait with chihuahuas.

he loves barking at big dogs when we go for walks and he enjoys running away from said big dogs.

and i love him

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
Kiba thought it would be a great idea to sit in this patch of clover instead of continuing on our walk.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

cbirdsong posted:

Kiba thought it would be a great idea to sit in this patch of clover instead of continuing on our walk.

Majestic!

Citrine
Jan 2, 2012
Please remind me to go practice pull-ups.
Here's our puppy Viki, a Shiloh Shepard after getting rinsed off when she got in a bunch of dirt:

And here is Lucy, who we think is a Schnoodle (rescue doggie) doing tricks in the kiddie pool:

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Tess had her third birthday yesterday. She got a new collar for walks and extra wet food, and I felt like it's a good time to share some pics.
Below is my parents' gremlin, Berklee.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Found my camera so IT'S RODENT TIME

Every time someone rustles some paper, or walks by at the right angle, or might be thinking about feeding them again.

This is the one who chewed through my headphone cord in one bite

SOON.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
ridiculous dinosaur and myself added a new member to our family today. Meet Gizmo!

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

This is Ushi. Come pet his belly fluff, it's totally not a trap.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
This is Bey. He was my friend, and he passed away today at the age of who-the-gently caress-knows, probably 12-14 :(

Here he is sharing his bed with his cat buddy.

In the Spring of 2010, my parents adopted a dog from the shelter - a small, fairly young German Shepherd who is almost completely blind, and was abandoned in the woods by some rear end in a top hat, probably because of being "defective". That's Merit, she's quick and active, loves everybody and just wants to be petted, but she's also surprisingly fierce towards other dogs.

That's her in the foreground here, note the foggy white eyes - that's not the lighting. Anyway, a couple of weeks after she was adopted, my parents got an email from the shelter. Her cage buddy was an old dog, one who used to hang out with some homeless people before they moved on and dropped him off at the shelter. He was getting bullied by every dog they put him with and having his food stolen. Merit had been the only one who respected his bowl. He'd been seriously bitten by some small mutt, because when attacked, he'd just roll over in surrender. A total pacifist who had no idea how to do violence even in self-defense. My parents took pity on him and took him in, despite the fact that he supposedly only had a year or so to go. He lasted three.

We became best bros the first time I took him for a walk, and he was pretty much my dog despite never having lived with me. Bey couldn't do any tricks or anything, he couldn't even sit or answer to his name. Eventually he learned to mimick Merit's ability to give people his paw, which he did by just swatting it in front of you and looking up with those big sad eyes. He had plenty of scars, his whole life he'd lived on scraps and picked food out of trashcans, but he was the most chill dog in the world, just radiating inner peace, happy to sit around and be petted. When the cat joined the household, they very quickly became friends, he'd give her room in his bed and lick her, and the only conflict was that he'd always eat her cat food because he had no concept of chow that wasn't for him.

Still, despite all the care and the drugs we gave him to prolong his old age - hopefully much happier than his life had been before - his health had been deteroriating lately, he could barely walk, he whimpered and kicked in his sleep and almost stopped eating, and we had to put him down today after three years.

Goodbye, you big, clumsy lovable oaf. I'll miss the hell out of you :smith:

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

mmmmmwah - Trophy kisses!

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. We lost a dog in October and it's one of the hardest things I've been through outside of losing my grandparents. They really are family.

For content:

Bubbles, our little Shih-Tzu:

Coco (Yorkie mix) and Gracie (Yorkie):

Summer, a Havanese:

She has eyes in there somewhere. :D

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is my cat/my parent's cat Molly. She's about 17 years old and she's probably going to be put down today.

I always loved her little white stripe on her back.

She was a Christmas present for me in grade 8 from my grandfather. My new step-father wanted to get me the cat that I'd always asked for and never gotten to help us bond but my grandfather decided to be a complete rear end in a top hat and decided this was finally the year he'd get me a kitten!

When we went to the shelter it turns out there was an infection going around with the kittens and I was told I could take one but that I should keep it quarantined so that if it died I could come back and get another one. Horrified at the thought, I was about to leave when I heard a meow from the cage practically behind the door where a two year old cat named Molly was sitting alone. I decided this was the cat for me even though my grandfather tried to convince me that a kitten would be better.

I still remember bringing her home and having to tip the carrier to get her to come out of it. My first ever pet! It turns out that the meowing she did at the shelter would be a recurring theme because she never stopped. She'd sit at the door and howl all hours of the day and night. However, as the years went by she'd do this less and less although every once in a while she'd walk by the front door and detour to go meow at it for 20 minutes. For old times sake I guess.

She tolerated being picked up and petted, but only barely. And usually because she knew it would get her food. She was the fattest of fat cats. She'd get wet food 2-3 times a day and would still practically steal the food off our forks when we had dinner. Chicken fingers were her favourite and we could never have them without having to give up almost half our portion just for her.

She loved my mom the most and would sit next to her. My step-father resented Molly for a long time I think because of how we got her and what a pain her meowing is, but he really came to love her. So when it came time for me to move out she stayed with my parents.

After moving out I got two of my own cats who are both incredibly affectionate (one is pushing himself against my arm for attention right now) so every time I would go to my parent's place and visit Molly I'd wonder why she couldn't be more like them, and then feel guilty.

I haven't lived with my parents for 6 years and haven't even lived in the same city as them for 3, so I haven't seen Molly in a long time. Just 2 or 3 times a year since I moved away. I knew that she was getting old. They had to buy step-ladders for her to get up on the furniture, and she was getting thin. Every time I would visit my parents, just before I went home I'd go find her sleeping on their bed and say goodbye knowing that one time it would be the last time. So I guess I've been preparing for this.

Still when I got the call this morning from my mom saying that they knew it was time, it hit pretty hard. My mom and step-father are trying to work up the courage to make the phone call to the vet, so I don't know if it'll be today. I am both glad that I'm very far away and wish I could be there myself.

She didn't come into our home under the best circumstances. She was loud, she was pushy, she was a terror of fur and claws, but she was my very first pet and I'm really going to miss her.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...
Guildencrantz, I am SO sorry about your dog-buddie.

He looks like an absolute sweet-heart. Your family clearly are guardian angels for dogs, given the stories of Merit and Bey.

My Mr. Bobo, chillin on the sofa, and I send our best wishes.

EDIT:
Asiina, just saw the bit about your kitty. This is a very sad day for me reading this stuff. My sympathies.

Effingham fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Here is Slinky! He has decided to sleep in a strange position yet again on my girlfriend's lap. He always puts his paws out like this while he sleeps -- I don't get it.

EDIT: Asiina, I just saw you mention your Molly probably having to be put down today :( My Molly feels very sad for you and will do the name proud:

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 13, 2013

• Locked thread