Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shalinor posted:

Yep. Runs fine on everything. It even runs on 3GS, if a bit slowly (but I used that as my primary test device throughout, and got pretty dang far in the game).

It'll be on Android too here in a few weeks, but I want to make sure the iOS release is dead solid before doing anything else.

What about the Ouya release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

I was considering buying this, so this is excellent news. The Lite version has given me a lot of enjoyment.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shalinor posted:

Our game is finally just about out. We're already in Apple's review process, and we release this Thursday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQlrH16WeJI

I'm rubbing my credit card on my ipad but it's doing nothing. What should I do? :ohdear:

That's an effective commercial. Very effective.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Al! posted:

What about the Ouya release?
If we make a hojillion dollars on iOS/Android, I might snag an OUYA for the fun of it and do a port. Otherwise, any port to OUYA would be blind - which I'd probably still do if I find an amiable friend with an OUYA to run tests for me, because hey, why not, it's an Android box with a gamepad.

EDIT: VV well, 15% of a hojillion is a bazungo, so, ~bazungo taxes or thereabouts.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 19, 2013

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Shalinor posted:

If we make a hojillion dollars on iOS/Android

What kind of taxes would you have to pay on a hojillion?

djkillingspree
Apr 2, 2001
make a hole with a gun perpendicular
Man, playing Fire Emblem on 3DS makes me wish that those premium app store rumors had been true. I so wish the market for 20-30$ games with more depth existed.

I guess there are some in the like 10-15$ segment on iPad (BG:EE, KoDP, FF:T), so it's not all bad.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Dvlos posted:

What kind of taxes would you have to pay on a hojillion?

A hobag

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

djkillingspree posted:

Man, playing Fire Emblem on 3DS makes me wish that those premium app store rumors had been true. I so wish the market for 20-30$ games with more depth existed.

I guess there are some in the like 10-15$ segment on iPad (BG:EE, KoDP, FF:T), so it's not all bad.

I don't think I'm ready to pay :20bux: for an iOS game. It's nothing to do with the device and everything to do with the input method. Touchscreens are great for asynchronous board games and light puzzle games. I guess turn-based stuff like Fire Emblem would work OK. But before I sell my Xbox, I want a first-party Apple bluetooth controller for the iPad that is supported by every game that would have to have an on-screen D-pad today.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Shalinor posted:

Our game is finally just about out. We're already in Apple's review process, and we release this Thursday:

This trailer is charming as poo poo. I was about to write-off your game as another-goddamn-endless-runner but if a game has enough charm and polish, I'd give it a try.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Shalinor posted:

It needs an unlockable alternate mode where you are leading cats INTO the fire, you'd get a whole new audience.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Fazana posted:

It needs an unlockable alternate mode where you are leading cats INTO the fire, you'd get a whole new audience.

Holla.

IAP for saving puppies.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Beelzebozo posted:

I don't think I'm ready to pay :20bux: for an iOS game. It's nothing to do with the device and everything to do with the input method. Touchscreens are great for asynchronous board games and light puzzle games. I guess turn-based stuff like Fire Emblem would work OK. But before I sell my Xbox, I want a first-party Apple bluetooth controller for the iPad that is supported by every game that would have to have an on-screen D-pad today.

Turn-based tactics games and RPGs would be perfect for this. I'd really like to see a port of Neverwinter Nights at some point in the near future :3:

Fazana posted:

Well, the trailer already seems to be "lead cats through fire, lock them out of your home base in front of the wall of encroaching fire", so...

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Ursine Asylum posted:

Well, the trailer already seems to be "lead cats through fire, lock them out of your home base in front of the wall of encroaching fire", so...
Ah, you see, that's where the "cat door" IAP comes in...

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I'm just going to say PUZZLE RESTORER. Go buy it and have fun. What else is like this?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Everyone should be playing the official iOS game based on the movie Wargames - Wargames: WOPR.

http://appshopper.com/games/wargames-wopr

Kinda like Dungeon Raid but with nuclear war, better art, and better music.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
That's debatable but it is a very good game.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Shalinor posted:

Ah, you see, that's where the "cat door" IAP comes in...

See, now you're getting somewhere. And after that you can have the time-constrained "clean up the cat poo poo in your main menu screen", but if you don't do it regularly enough your cats get pissed at you. Initially the sandboxes fill every 10 minutes and take 5 scoops to clean out; IAP for bigger shovels and sandboxes. It's like a current-gen Tamagotchi simulator that you can do in between runs.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SpclKen posted:

Invite code isn't working!

Oops the code is Lrt1 , my dyslexia kicked in there.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Wow, holy crap, you guys. For the past few months, the App Store has always crashed for me when I've tried to visit the "Purchased" tab. I don't know if Apple's changed anything on their end or if this is an effect from a firmware update, but I'm now able to view and download my purchased apps again...

:siren: Including apps that have been removed from the App Store. :siren:

Seriously, I just managed to re-download Bejeweled 2, Dominion, the Zynga-free version of Swipe Four, and Puzzle Quest (even restoring my in-app purchases worked!) I don't know if this is intentional or if it's a slip-up, so I don't know how long it's going to last -- if there's anything in your purchase history that Apple's pulled from the store, you should jump on and try it out right now.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

porktree posted:

I'm just going to say PUZZLE RESTORER. Go buy it and have fun. What else is like this?
I like this, it's very relaxing :) It's not entirely dissimilar to PathPix or Huebrix, you might like those as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shalinor posted:

Will it have day 1 IAP to replace the cats with other animals? Turtles, puppets, swarms of platypus...etc?

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

Will it have day 1 IAP to replace the cats with other animals? Turtles, puppets, swarms of platypus...etc?
It was going to, but I haven't been able to work out a likeness licensing agreement with the platypus union. They're real bastards about profit sharing terms. The puppet, turtle, puppy and marmot unions are withholding their decision until the platypus contract is negotiated - I assume so that they can demand the same terms.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Max22 posted:

Wow, holy crap, you guys. For the past few months, the App Store has always crashed for me when I've tried to visit the "Purchased" tab. I don't know if Apple's changed anything on their end or if this is an effect from a firmware update, but I'm now able to view and download my purchased apps again...

Seriously, I just managed to re-download Bejeweled 2, Dominion, the Zynga-free version of Swipe Four, and Puzzle Quest (even restoring my in-app purchases worked!) I don't know if this is intentional or if it's a slip-up, so I don't know how long it's going to last -- if there's anything in your purchase history that Apple's pulled from the store, you should jump on and try it out right now.

Not Stoneloops <:mad:> and we can't search the list, either? fart. Like I'm going to slog through this sluggish loving scrolling just to find one old zuma rip off.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 20, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Shalinor posted:

It was going to, but I haven't been able to work out a likeness licensing agreement with the platypus union. They're real bastards about profit sharing terms. The puppet, turtle, puppy and marmot unions are withholding their decision until the platypus contract is negotiated - I assume so that they can demand the same terms.

What about trains? :v:

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Train Saving Simulator 2013

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

Train Saving Simulator 2013

be still my heart

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Max22 posted:

Yeah, I got Dominion from doing this like a week ago. Don't even remember downloading it way back when it was available, I certainly didn't play it then, but it was a really nice surprise.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McDragon posted:

What about trains? :v:

And hats. Can't forget the hats. Tiny little train hats for the cats, and a train hat cat hat for the hero.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is Ascension the best card strategy game out? I'm looking to give one a try. But something that's got a good learning curve for someone who's never played this style of game before.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 20, 2013

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

And hats. Can't forget the hats. Tiny little train hats for the cats, and a train hat cat hat for the hero.
unfortunately, both cat hats and trains will be delayed, as our binary was refused by Apple for a very minor, very technical reason. A fix is already underway, we'll have it back up in an hour, but that might push us past being able to release Thursday. Could be we have to delay until next Thursday. We shall see.

The kitties are quite sad, though, I can tell you.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

ChocNitty posted:

Is Ascension the best card strategy game out? I'm looking to give one a try. But something that's got a good learning curve for someone who's never played this style of game before.

It's the best deck building card game. There's also Magic 2013 if you just want to play Magic. And Summoner Wars if you want a tactical card game. All of them are pretty awesome.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
In Pixel People, Carpenter + Shepherd doesn't = Messiah? What a rip-off.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shalinor posted:

unfortunately, both cat hats and trains will be delayed, as our binary was refused by Apple for a very minor, very technical reason. A fix is already underway, we'll have it back up in an hour, but that might push us past being able to release Thursday. Could be we have to delay until next Thursday. We shall see.

The kitties are quite sad, though, I can tell you.

The only appropriate emote to this: :catstare:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Here is a short hands-on article about Nimble Quest on TUAW: http://www.tuaw.com/2013/02/19/hands-on-with-nimblebits-next-title-nimble-quest

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ChocNitty posted:

Ascension's an EXCELLENT port of what I'd consider a good, but not great game. It's a shame that Dominion hasn't received the same treatment because the UI, graphics, and sound are all great and make learning how to play very easy. If you pick it up send me a Game Center request, I'm mattnotgeorge and I'll try to ease you in. Summoner Wars is cool but it's more of a turn-based strategy grid game that happens to be played using cards-- also has some meta-game deck customization, which scratches a different itch than drafting games like Ascension.

j4on
Jul 6, 2003
I fix computers to pick up chicks.
Am I allowed to shill for a goon-made game that just hit the app store? I've been working with Christoph Niemann (of Abstract City) on an hand-animated storybook of sorts. I think it's good. It's not a traditional game though, and is a babies-and-grandmas level of "casual." Check it out if you like silly animations.

"Petting Zoo"

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Speaking of games that need to be ported to iOS, I really want to see Puzzle Strike and Yomi some day.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Hey, what's the best like, "stand still and mow down waves of incoming enemies" sorta game? Like The Last Defender or Heavy Turret sorta game?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Minigore 2

or Soloman's Boneyard (has more strategy, both in the metagame and in play)

I should mention that you do move in both of these games, but it's not like you're progressing through a level. It's just some basic terrain that you kite around.

Soloman's Keep (free) is the roguelike twin of Soloman's Boneyard. It's a very good game.

DNK fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.

Ursine Asylum posted:

Speaking of games that need to be ported to iOS, I really want to see Puzzle Strike and Yomi some day.

Digging up the link is a pain in the rear end on my tablet, but I'm sure I remember a boardgamegeek article saying that Yomi is being ported.

• Locked thread