Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I was looking forward to Dave meeting Davesprite too. As far as Dave is still aware, Davesprite is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dolash posted:

The only happy ending I can imagine at this point for Davesprite is his timeline's Jade is hiding out in the dreambubbles and they could yet meet. Otherwise he's going to keep feeling alone and not as real as "real Dave".

Bad news: I don't think that Jade exists. When the beta timelines offshoot it only encompasses the people in the universe or incipishpere that was offshot. That's why they didn't hear back from Jade after John flew off into the sky like the chump he was, because she was in Universe B1 and not the B1 Medium and thus could only connect to her Medium in the Alpha Timeline.

On the other hand I always turn out wrong about things like this so who knows.

nerdbot posted:

I was looking forward to Dave meeting Davesprite too. As far as Dave is still aware, Davesprite is dead.

No John mentioned him in the bucket he sent.

Pentachronic Snail
Nov 2, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

He's part Equius, correct, but you need to remember that AR is a duplicate of Dirk, just one that couldn't age past 13 and was stuck in a pair of shades.

If that's so then you guys are going to need to tell me what exactly you mean by "secondary" duplicate.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Getting some serious Roast Beef vibes from Davesprite. :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe he's going to go merge with Real Dave to form Ace Dave?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Getting some serious Roast Beef vibes from Davesprite. :smith:
- from Circumstances (√)
- has Problems (√)
- is the guy that sucks (?)

Well, two out of three.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Who is the guy that sucks, though? Eridan?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That's Kanaya, and what she sucks is blood.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Seoinin posted:

- from Circumstances (√)
- has Problems (√)
- is the guy that sucks (?)

Well, two out of three.

He's also Not Ray and Not Pat.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Dave thinks Davesprite is dead, PM thinks the mayor is dead, the mayor thinks the windy boy is dead. Anything else?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Ariong posted:

Dave thinks Davesprite is dead, PM thinks the mayor is dead, the mayor thinks the windy boy is dead. Anything else?

Only one of those things is true; John mentioned Davesprite in his bucket letter (plus Rose no doubt had awareness of Davesprite that she'd have no reason to keep from Dave) and PM doesn't know what happened to WV beyond having shoved him through her Green Sun portal.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Fister Roboto posted:

He's also Not Ray and Not Pat.

John was never able to look at Jade's purple pumps the same way again after learning she and Davesprite were dating.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So is Eridan basically Nice Pete?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Dorroile posted:

So is Eridan basically Nice Pete?

Gamzee is Nice Pete. Eridan is Pat at best.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

mr. stefan posted:

Gamzee is Nice Pete. Eridan is Pat at best.

That's actually perfect. I can basically see Eridan as Pat.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Nobody is Ray. Ray is irreducible.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I don't think Davesprite has ever really been not depressed and passive aggressive. Probably stems from being a doomed Dave.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

Only one of those things is true; John mentioned Davesprite in his bucket letter (plus Rose no doubt had awareness of Davesprite that she'd have no reason to keep from Dave)

I read this and then forgot it. :doh:

quote:

and PM doesn't know what happened to WV beyond having shoved him through her Green Sun portal.

Then replace "thinks he's dead" with "doesn't know he's alive" I suppose. While I'm sure she dumped the mayor's corpse on the meteor in the hopes that they'd be able to bring him back, she almost certainly has no inkling of how that could be possible.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

Seoinin posted:

This comic makes a good case for Doc Scratch being Ray, if only by virtue of them both being The Richest Person.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Seoinin posted:

Clearly the Mayor is Ray.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dave Sprite - the middle Dave - not Alpha Dave, not Dirk's Bro.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Davesprite is super depressing to me because I still kind of consider him the original, canon Dave.

Like there's this episode of Star Trek where Irish rear end in a top hat O'Brian is hopping forward in time. And eventually he's dying from it and tells his future self "who loving cares, you go back instead of me."

He does, and poo poo works out. But that doesn't change the fact that original O'Brian is a dead motherfucker, and future O'Brian is a motherfucker with an erased doomed timeline family. That's basically the Davesprite story IMO.

I really hope we don't get a callback to Dave's original sword launch slaughter of birdsprites bird side, basically.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I keep thinking that Hussie will just pull a fast one and it turns out that Davesprite is the real Dave while the other Dave is doomed, since there's this expectation of Dave being one of the ones to defeat Lord English. Course, that possibility also sounds too predictable so I just assume it'll be something completely different. That and real Dave dying is equally depressing given that last talk with Karkat.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

krakagar posted:

Clearly the Mayor is Ray.

I agree with this statement, as it is incontrovertible fact.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Bad news: I don't think that Jade exists. When the beta timelines offshoot it only encompasses the people in the universe or incipishpere that was offshot. That's why they didn't hear back from Jade after John flew off into the sky like the chump he was, because she was in Universe B1 and not the B1 Medium and thus could only connect to her Medium in the Alpha Timeline.

I agree with your first sentence, but for a different reason. When John flew off to obey Terezi and ended up dying, the Trolls lost all contact with them, and terezi didn't even suspect that a beta-timeline version would exist at that point (I think she said she was just loving with him because she knew he wouldn't do it from looking into the future on her Trollian client). I think the session in a beta timeline is totally severed from any other universes, not just the Troll-verse. There's no beta-Jade from that timeline because she is just plain old regular Jade, and when the timeline splintered off, she just lost contact and the others just figured she got blowed up by a meteor impact.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Prison Warden posted:

I agree with your first sentence, but for a different reason. When John flew off to obey Terezi and ended up dying, the Trolls lost all contact with them, and terezi didn't even suspect that a beta-timeline version would exist at that point (I think she said she was just loving with him because she knew he wouldn't do it from looking into the future on her Trollian client). I think the session in a beta timeline is totally severed from any other universes, not just the Troll-verse. There's no beta-Jade from that timeline because she is just plain old regular Jade, and when the timeline splintered off, she just lost contact and the others just figured she got blowed up by a meteor impact.

Actually that kinda makes sense, since the incipisphere and universe are as separate as 2 universes are from each other.

On a side note, I wonder how Dirk's gonna react to seeing his Bro reincarnated as a literal guardian angel.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
More Caliborn.

And also more John. Doing the same thing as last time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Update. So excited to finally get some hints as to the origins of The Felt.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

More Felt, more buttons!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
This is the perfect update ending. Please make all future updates end like this Hussie.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Interesting. The current planet would obviously be Fin (since it's orange) meaning the next planet, where Caliborn finds Die, is green. It's visible up at the top of the panel there, and it looks an awful lot like Scratch's moon...

Then again Caliborn is apparently destroying these planets for some reason, so who knows.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Triskelli posted:

More Felt, more buttons!

Yeah, Itchy's suit has one button, Doze's has two, Trace's has three, and Clover's has four.

I guess that's kinda funny? Either way happy these guys are back. :allears:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Interesting. The current planet would obviously be Fin (since it's orange) meaning the next planet, where Caliborn finds Die, is green. It's visible up at the top of the panel there, and it looks an awful lot like Scratch's moon...

Then again Caliborn is apparently destroying these planets for some reason, so who knows.

Sinking the balls into pockets, as it were.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The return of Clover, the best character in Homestuck! Well, in the Felt anyway.

And gently caress Caliborn, shooting turtles is never cool.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Well, they're like billiard balls, right? Destroying them is just sinking them in this cosmic game of pool.

e: f,b

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thundarr posted:

The return of Clover, the best character in Homestuck! Well, in the Felt anyway.

And gently caress Caliborn, shooting turtles is never cool.

In fairness, he could have just been looking for treasure.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

In fairness, he could have just been looking for treasure.

Just like Eridan and all of those pesky angels. They've got to start dropping grist sometime.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Midnight Raider posted:

Just like Eridan and all of those pesky angels. They've got to start dropping grist sometime.

There were just so many of them and they weren't getting any less bloody pissed, is the thing.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Hey wait a minute, I thought the only reason Caliborn stopped doing his quirk was because the capslock on the terminal was locked. Why isn't he doing it now?

I missed something, didn't I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Man I feel like a terrible fan. I didn't care at all about Davesprite's goodbye to John, but here I am rereading the one page update on Caliborn collecting Felt and laughing my rear end off. I just want to see how he's going to react to Eggs and Biscuits duplicating themselves repeatedly, only to unlock the last two useful Felt members afterward.

And the idea about the cosmic game of pool makes sense. That means Caliborn will skip the 8th planet and leave it to the end. I'm still betting on the 8th planet holding Doc Scratch, or at the least his original instance.

Ablative posted:

Hey wait a minute, I thought the only reason Caliborn stopped doing his quirk was because the capslock on the terminal was locked. Why isn't he doing it now?

I missed something, didn't I.
During the first intermission that we see him in the session, he tells Hussie that he was planning to use capslock all along because he wanted to assimilate Calliope's quirk into his own.