Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Max22 posted:

Wow, holy crap, you guys. For the past few months, the App Store has always crashed for me when I've tried to visit the "Purchased" tab. I don't know if Apple's changed anything on their end or if this is an effect from a firmware update, but I'm now able to view and download my purchased apps again...

:siren: Including apps that have been removed from the App Store. :siren:

Seriously, I just managed to re-download Bejeweled 2, Dominion, the Zynga-free version of Swipe Four, and Puzzle Quest (even restoring my in-app purchases worked!) I don't know if this is intentional or if it's a slip-up, so I don't know how long it's going to last -- if there's anything in your purchase history that Apple's pulled from the store, you should jump on and try it out right now.

I'm pretty sure I remember the rule being that if the developer voluntarily pulled the app from the store, it would still show up in that list; if Apple pulled it down for a violation it wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Coin posted:

Digging up the link is a pain in the rear end on my tablet, but I'm sure I remember a boardgamegeek article saying that Yomi is being ported.

Yomi the David Sirlin game? I always thought people played that as a joke. PLAY TO WIN

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
It's a couple months old but I encourage everyone in this thread to try the game "Spaceteam" if you haven't already. It's free and it's one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

You play side-by-side with up to 4 people who have Apple devices, so you'll need a buddy or two. Each player has a control panel and they're in charge of pressing buttons and flipping switches in order to save a spaceship that is about to blow up. You have a set of directions you need to read aloud to the other players and they have a set of directions to read to you. It quickly gets hectic and the words are total technobable sillyness so it gets really hectic really fast. It's really, really neat and I became a fanboy after one game and I want to show it to all my buds.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spaceteam/id570510529?mt=8

Here's a vido of it action. These guys are goony as hell but they get pretty wrapped up in it and have a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZs96CBvqs

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
That is a really, really awesome premise. I am going to get some friends together and do this. I wish it were Android compatible too, since I don't have a ton of friends with iPhones that I'd actually want to do this with.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Asking from the "I've got lots of games on the go atm" rather than pricing point of view, has anyone played Pixel Village? It looks an interesting take on a more strategic RTS type game, like a really old school Warcraft etc. http://appshopper.com/games/pixelvillage

I tried Defender of Texel at launch and it didn't really grab me but I've seen it mentioned a few times in the last week, is there something about it that makes it stand out in the card game genre that I missed? I've gone cold turkey on the entire card based games for a month or so and since I know I can conquer that addiction there's no harm in me trying a new one if it comes recommended. Right? ...

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

DNK posted:

Soloman's Boneyar

Soloman's Keep (free

Are these not available in the UK? I can't seem to find them.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Are these not available in the UK? I can't seem to find them.

Spelt Solomon I think. They're pretty great.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yomi the David Sirlin game? I always thought people played that as a joke. PLAY TO WIN

Sirlin is a bit of a blowhard, and the word "Yomi" is better as a punch line than as anything else, but the guy makes fun games. I'm pretty sure you can play a free web version of both at fantasystrike.com.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Fazana posted:

I tried Defender of Texel at launch and it didn't really grab me but I've seen it mentioned a few times in the last week, is there something about it that makes it stand out in the card game genre that I missed? I've gone cold turkey on the entire card based games for a month or so and since I know I can conquer that addiction there's no harm in me trying a new one if it comes recommended. Right? ...
Well, there's a different method of collecting/using fighters (your 9-fighter band). During events there are edge fighters that you can use so your team is constantly switching, so that's fresh.

The game currently has no trading, so what you get is all through your own effort. You can evolve fighters up the rarity scale, so you can get rares and even epics just by fusing lower stuff together. The game doesn't have an RoB-style of evolution/enhancing which I think is a positive -- ie you won't see some 8x1 OPE whatever bs where you need to max every card and then combine it to get max stats on your end evolution.

The game has a lot of events. What's more though, it gives out lots of prizes. So playing for a bit can get you good fighters and you can work your way up. This game is, at least for the moment, very free-friendly. I've spent maybe $5 so far and gotten far more of that than I have in other similar games (two rare fighters for $1 each, and a few pavilions which increase how many fighters you can keep). But people can spend no money at all and get cool stuff eventually.

Oh, and I guess its art style. This isn't cards, it's fighters. Cute pixel fighters! As a girl I've grown tired of opening these games up and getting scantily clad ladies thrown in my face.

I mean, I've tried a shitton of these games out. D.o.T is the first one that's grabbed me in a long time. It's unique enough in terms of mechanics and nice with what it gives away. I'd recommend trying it out.

I do want to thank whoever it was who first mentioned DoT in this thread. It was one single little post that no one ever responded to but it's what got me into the game. I'm on my phone though so I can't look it up!

Clocks fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 20, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Clocks posted:

Well, there's a different method of collecting/using fighters (your 9-fighter band). During events there are edge fighters that you can use so your team is constantly switching, so that's fresh.

The game currently has no trading, so what you get is all through your own effort. You can evolve fighters up the rarity scale, so you can get rares and even epics just by fusing lower stuff together. The game doesn't have an RoB-style of evolution/enhancing which I think is a positive -- ie you won't see some 8x1 OPE whatever bs where you need to max every card and then combine it to get max stats on your end evolution.

The game has a lot of events. What's more though, it gives out lots of prizes. So playing for a bit can get you good fighters and you can work your way up. This game is, at least for the moment, very free-friendly. I've spent maybe $5 so far and gotten far more of that than I have in other similar games (two rare fighters for $1 each, and a few pavilions which increase how many fighters you can keep). But people can spend no money at all and get cool stuff eventually.

Oh, and I guess its art style. This isn't cards, it's fighters. Cute pixel fighters! As a girl I've grown tired of opening these games up and getting scantily clad ladies thrown in my face.

I mean, I've tried a shitton of these games out. D.o.T is the first one that's grabbed me in a long time. It's unique enough in terms of mechanics and nice with what it gives away. I'd recommend trying it out.

I do want to thank whoever it was who first mentioned DoT in this thread. It was one single little post that no one ever responded to but it's what got me into the game. I'm on my phone though so I can't look it up!

Yeah I'm really digging the game. Getting rare and epics doesn't seem impossible for free players. I have only been playing for 3 days and I got 4 rares. With the daily bonuses I will for sure have a full rare deck in about a week. There seems to be an events every week. And they give out prizes like candy, I already have a uncommon with the strength of a rare on the first day of this week event.

As I stated earlier I like that this game has some strategy to it. Most of the online rpg for the iOS are just click battle and maybe hit the attack button. This game you quick hitters, heavy hitters, magic user (amazing damage but unrealible), and tanks. Though most the time I start with 2 quick hitters and a tank, then heavy hitters.

As a guy I am also pretty sick of giant anime tits in video games.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shwqa posted:

As a guy I am also pretty sick of giant anime tits in video games.

As a gay I am always pretty sick of giant anime tits in video games.

I'm almost positive that it has to work, that there are guys dull enough to go "phwoar, lookit dem boobs" and click and download just to stare at breasts while they're playing, because why else would they keep doing it? I mean, I guess that's why Dead or Alive went from a fighting game series to a boobjiggling game series.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Thanks Clocks and Shwqa! I'll give it another look.

As for card game tits, it is pretty sad just how many games prominently feature them. A pirate themed card game popped up last month which openly laughed at itself for how scantily clad almost every character was, "pair up your favourite pirates for saucy combos" being a special crowd pleaser. http://appshopper.com/games/pirate-maidens

Edit: VVV Oh my, that has the one I mentioned beaten by a country mile!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 20, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The worst is this game (warning: actually downloading it would probably put you on some watchlist somewhere). Basically anime "loli" looking types or huge anime boobs everywhere. I haven't played it because I have zero interest but all the cards are girls and all their descriptions involve you having your way with them, or something close enough. When I'm not on my phone I'll see if I can get an image edited in here. Ridiculous.

album
a card example

Clocks fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 20, 2013

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

AwwJeah posted:

It's a couple months old but I encourage everyone in this thread to try the game "Spaceteam" if you haven't already. It's free and it's one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

You play side-by-side with up to 4 people who have Apple devices, so you'll need a buddy or two. Each player has a control panel and they're in charge of pressing buttons and flipping switches in order to save a spaceship that is about to blow up. You have a set of directions you need to read aloud to the other players and they have a set of directions to read to you. It quickly gets hectic and the words are total technobable sillyness so it gets really hectic really fast. It's really, really neat and I became a fanboy after one game and I want to show it to all my buds.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spaceteam/id570510529?mt=8

Here's a vido of it action. These guys are goony as hell but they get pretty wrapped up in it and have a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZs96CBvqs

There's also the little wrinkle that the instructions that come up on your device can also be for you, not just someone else.

You end up reading it all out loud and frequently going "Space Plasm to 5...oh wait, that's me, poo poo!"

It's really great and when my sister and I first tried it, we ended up standing in the middle of the dining room yelling nonsense to each other while delaying dinner for a good 5 minutes.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
... I don't mean to derail a sex talk with sex talk, but uh, what is up with your avatar? Is there a story behind that?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shalinor posted:

... I don't mean to derail a sex talk with sex talk, but uh, what is up with your avatar? Is there a story behind that?

In a GBS thread Morally Inept (who has a title linking to a post he made where he acknowledged having sex with his dog) said that Pistorius would get away with the killing because rich guys can buy their way out of anything. I thought he was being self-aggrandizing so I asked him how much it cost him to get away with what he did with his dog.

Apparently it cost, like, ten bucks.

RIP Teddybear Picnic Lyme Disease Awareness Title, 2010--2013. You were big, silly, and purple. Just like me. :smith:

If you have a suggestion for a new one I'm probably gonna get one tonight, it's gonna derail too many threads. I'm leaning towards just a big :3:, but with the current title that comes off as... Menacing.

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 20, 2013

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Teddybear posted:

If you have a suggestion for a new one I'm probably gonna get one tonight, it's gonna derail too many threads. I'm leaning towards just a big :3:, but with the current title that comes off as... Menacing.

The text will disappear, also, if you buy a new avatar.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Bummey posted:

Oh! ... that makes sense. All my old titles have been admin given and pictureless so I never really thought about it.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

Clocks posted:

I think that may have been me. Glad someone else is enjoying it, too!

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Bit Dungeon is awesome on ipad. It's a dungeon crawler Zelda-like game and I hope they add much more to it. Buy it if you like crawling dungeons.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Texel really has been improved bigtime, the UI is a lot better and there seems to be a boatload more content. Cheers for the recommendation.

Duranki - Your name doesn't come up in the ingame search.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Teddybear posted:

I'm almost positive that it has to work, that there are guys dull enough to go "phwoar, lookit dem boobs" and click and download just to stare at breasts while they're playing, because why else would they keep doing it? I mean, I guess that's why Dead or Alive went from a fighting game series to a boobjiggling game series.

There's no reason to ever expect that "sex sells" wasn't going to apply to video games and there's lots of people who will pick game A over game B if A gives them barely clothed/legal anime waifus.

Teddybear posted:

Give yourself a picture of whatever and change the text to a link of his confession?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Splits posted:

Bit Dungeon is awesome on ipad. It's a dungeon crawler Zelda-like game and I hope they add much more to it. Buy it if you like crawling dungeons.
I think sometimes goons recommend things and I enter a zombie-like buying mode. This is fun though. I beat a miniboss on the second dungeon and went from a Lvl 1 sword doing 7 damage to a Lvl 6 sword doing 30 damage plus a mess of other awesome stats, is this normal? Also I got something that goes in the lower-left area, can I use this or is it just passive?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

For defender of texel try saving your summon stone thingies until you can do 10 at a time. I have gotten an uncommon each time I have used 10 pixite. Especially since you can a mountain of it durning this event.

Edit: though on the wiki someone said they used 200 voxite at once and they only got 3 rares

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 21, 2013

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Teddybear posted:

Say what you will about these dumbass titty-card games, they make bucket-loads (ugh) of money.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Shwqa posted:

For defender of texel try saving your summon stone thingies until you can do 10 at a time. I have gotten an uncommon each time I have used 10 pixite. Especially since you can a mountain of it durning this event.

Edit: though on the wiki someone said they used 200 voxite at once and they only got 3 rares

I wandered through half of the TA thread on it earlier and they seemed to think it had the droprate adjusted during the first event :iiam:

Is your ingame name Shwqa2? That was the only shwqa I saw listed.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fazana posted:

I wandered through half of the TA thread on it earlier and they seemed to think it had the droprate adjusted during the first event :iiam:

Is your ingame name Shwqa2? That was the only shwqa I saw listed.

Oh I used my Facebook so it's stephenrichmo .

Edit: I test 10 pixite again and got another uncommon, so this seems to be the way to go.

Also it seems that you don't lose exp if you fuse monsters and then used the stronger monster for fusion fodder. The wiki claims that it is the same exp regardless of what you do. That means you can self fusion everything to save room

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 21, 2013

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

TACD posted:

I think sometimes goons recommend things and I enter a zombie-like buying mode. This is fun though. I beat a miniboss on the second dungeon and went from a Lvl 1 sword doing 7 damage to a Lvl 6 sword doing 30 damage plus a mess of other awesome stats, is this normal? Also I got something that goes in the lower-left area, can I use this or is it just passive?

Yeah, that sounds right. I'm on level 42 and I get some cool poo poo that drops. To cast spells press on your character and hold until the spell occurs. I've never gotten a useable item before, so I can't speak to anything past that.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

TACD posted:

Also I got something that goes in the lower-left area, can I use this or is it just passive?

Soul, the blue heart? It will revive you once if you die, but you will respawn without ring and magic. If you tap it, you will be teleported to the spirit realm where you'll die from a ridiculously powerful boss. Don't even attempt to kill him until you're, like, above level 40.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Last Texel question for now, honest!

I've seen the term "Edge Fighter" banded about, does that mean the three on the right hand side?

The pvp event sure gives out a nice unit pretty quickly, I'm just one more rat away from evolving him to the next stage, even in the common form he's one of my best pure power units.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bummey posted:

Soul, the blue heart? It will revive you once if you die, but you will respawn without ring and magic. If you tap it, you will be teleported to the spirit realm where you'll die from a ridiculously powerful boss. Don't even attempt to kill him until you're, like, above level 40.
I had Lightning, then Posion, now I think it's Chaos? I'll try the tap-and-hold that Splits suggested. I'm currently one-shotting everything short of boss monsters, I guess it'll be a while before things level up to match my awesome dark sword of doom.

Edit: Why are there two save runes at the start of each dungeon?

TACD fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 21, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fazana posted:

I've seen the term "Edge Fighter" banded about, does that mean the three on the right hand side?

The pvp event sure gives out a nice unit pretty quickly, I'm just one more rat away from evolving him to the next stage, even in the common form he's one of my best pure power units.

As far as I know during certain event unit get an edge. Last event if you used the same element as the dungeon you got double stats and the reward units got a double stat bonus which stacked. During this PVP event you can spend an extra 2 point to get double stats to everyone, which is quite nice for saving your streaks. At 20 wins in a row you get the uncommon version of the unit.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Thanks for this, game fairly owns. I've been looking for something new to play and this is totally eating my free time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Clocks posted:

The worst is this game (warning: actually downloading it would probably put you on some watchlist somewhere). Basically anime "loli" looking types or huge anime boobs everywhere. I haven't played it because I have zero interest but all the cards are girls and all their descriptions involve you having your way with them, or something close enough. When I'm not on my phone I'll see if I can get an image edited in here. Ridiculous.

album
a card example

I wish I was surprised this was made by Mobage. They make super lovely games, but I can't resist logging in and tapping Venom to death several times a day in Marvel War of Heroes.

Apparently they have some sort of NFL card game now too. Slapping good licences on top of their RoB model must be making them a fortune. I know these games are terrible but I feel a weird compulsive need to collect a set of Green Bay Packers.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

BGrifter posted:

I wish I was surprised this was made by Mobage. They make super lovely games, but I can't resist logging in and tapping Venom to death several times a day in Marvel War of Heroes.

If you were feeling generous, Mobage are more of a publisher than a developer. They only bought the RoB devs out when the game went crazy popular in Japan. However as they have zero quality control requirements why should we feel generous?

GungHo, the makers of Puzzle & Dragons published their results a couple of days ago, over 2012 they averaged $2m a dayfrom it and by Jan 2013 they were up to $3m a day almost all of which is from the Japanese and Korean market. That's why there are so many clones of the big card/puzzle games, Mobage used to make (it might still do, I haven't seen recent numbers) $1m a day when RoB and some of their other games were riding high.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Fazana posted:

I'm glad to see you liking it! :)

Edge refers to a stat bonus multiplier that units can get. Some events have special event fighters that automatically have edge, some events give edge to specific signs (elements) or species. If a unit has 200% edge, all of its stats are doubled. Edges can also stack. It will be really obvious when you have edge units because it will say EDGE and their stats will be in red.

And yes, this game gives a lot of units and rewards out. I think that's one of its positives -- often there are daily rankings or rewards so you're constantly getting something.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shalinor posted:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Give yourself a picture of whatever and change the text to a link of his confession?

Bummey posted:

Thanks lads, I fixed it. Now I'm officially the corgiest teddybear. :3:

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

DOT is great. Thanks for the recommendation shaqwa Easy, fun and collectable. Can play free and still can build good guys. Bsouers is IGN if y'all want to friend me.

If you like marvel or any of the collectable games this is the best one so far in my opinion. Invite ID: SBHd of you want to try it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SpclKen posted:

DOT is great. Thanks for the recommendation shaqwa Easy, fun and collectable. Can play free and still can build good guys. Bsouers is IGN if y'all want to friend me.

Your welcome. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself :3:

Speaking of getting good cards I just got a awesome rare off of a pixite. It broke 1k attack at level 7 and it has huge speed, health, and it has an epic form that I could one day get too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Plants vs. Zombies just went free if you're one of the 3 people in N. America who don't own it yet.

• Locked thread