Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did SE just troll the gently caress out of everyone by replaying a video we've already seen, then saying "hey we're making a FF game that'll be out this year" or did I just misunderstand their speakers?

They really did

He literally came out and said "Hi guys! Big FF announcement!

Wait for E3!

Bye!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
"Goddamn! We made you people some perfume! Why won't you get off our backs? What more do you want!?" :arghfist::saddowns:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Verses 13, Kingdom Hearts 3, and a pony.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Killing FF13, killing Kingdom Hearts, and a FF5 prequel. :colbert:

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Versus XIII, killing Kingdom Hearts, and more Hamauzu.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I don't want people to play games I don't like either.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Dr Pepper posted:

Verses 13, Kingdom Hearts 3, and a pony.

"How about instead of KH3, we give you the essence of KH3 via smell, Le Parfum Il n'est Pas Logique, and instead of a pony, how about some old nag that was going to be a Tesco beef lasagna." :unsmigghh:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Pesky Splinter posted:

"Goddamn! We made you people some perfume! Why won't you get off our backs? What more do you want!?" :arghfist::saddowns:

FF8 remake, FF15's return to ATB, Kingdom Hearts 3

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

FF15 and a new Matsuno + Ito rpg

Also a pony

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
At this point anything that isn't a crappy Facebook/Mobile game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Winks posted:

Unrealistic expectations have no place in this thread

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Winks posted:

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if that's all they come up with for E3.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

It's going to be a remake of 2 and a giant banner that says KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN S-E'S WORLD

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hopefully they'll announce KH HD 1.5 ReMIX in the West, and simultaneously announce KH HD 2.5 ReMIX with KHIIFM, Birth By Sleep Final Mix, and Re:coded in grorious HD

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hopefully they'll announce KH HD 1.5 ReMIX in the West,

I thought this was already confirmed. :confused:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fungah! posted:

It's going to be a remake of 2 and a giant banner that says KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN S-E'S WORLD

They are going to announce the public execution of Nomura... followed by the revelation that Kawazu is now the lead director of both Versus 13 and Kingdom Hearts 3 :getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At this point I'm just waiting for SE to port FF4 to Xbox since it's the last thing they've really got left to port FF4 to.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Not quite, it hasn't been ported to programming calculators yet.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Sadly, I would still buy both iterations.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

They haven't made a PS3 version yet either so maybe they're just putting Complete Collection on a disc and calling it a show.

In all seriousness it's either FFXV or VsXIII has actually been stepped up a notch. Hopefull they are taking VsXIII to the PS4 so that it won't be overshadowed with a new console release like Type-0 was.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I still don't get what Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD actually is. Is it the first 2 Kingdom Hearts games from PS2?

vvv Thanks.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 21, 2013

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cardboard Fox posted:

I still don't get what Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD actually is. Is it the first 2 Kingdom Hearts games from PS2?

It's Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re: Chain of Memories, and the cutscenes from 358/2 Days. It's 1.5 because it's all of the games that take place canonically in between the starts of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

Arist fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 21, 2013

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dross posted:

Okay seriously, does every single area in Final Fantasy Dimensions need a common enemy that blinds, poisons, and/or confuses people all the time? It's bad enough that I need to grind this much, can't you at least let it be mindless?

Don't forget that lots of enemies often just attack with skills and event hose that are simply high damage melee attacks never trigger counters. :argh:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MrAristocrates posted:

I thought this was already confirmed. :confused:

Not officially. Jesse McCartney posted a video of him recording new voice work for something that looked like a cutscene from 358/2 Days.

MrAristocrates posted:

It's Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re: Chain of Memories, and the cutscenes from 358/2 Days. It's 1.5 because it's all of the games that take place canonically in between the starts of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

To clarify, it's all the important scenes from 358/2 Days, redone in the new engine, fully voice acted.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
I have never played any of them but Kingdom Hearts sounds like a gigantic CF.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ross posted:

It's amazing, you've never played them yet you fully understand the plot of the series.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
All I want is a FFV HD remake and confirmation that the DQ7 remake will be translated.

I realize the former is a pipe dream. I still hold out hope for the latter.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So the rumor about Versus being a PS4 title wasn't true. Or was it? Screw you and your trolling, SE. Just give us Versus so I can stop buying games from you. :mad:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ross posted:

People make it out to be a lot more complex than it actually is.

When the games occur chronologically is really simple. There's a bunch of dumb poo poo going on in the plot, but the general plot is pretty easy to get. You really just need to ignore the finer details and just kind of go with the flow. The biggest problem the series had is that the games ended up being on a ton of different systems, so you had to own pretty much every system to play them all. They are trying to correct this by putting all of them on PS3, in preparation for Kingdom Hearts III which will come out sometime this millennium.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Krad posted:

So the rumor about Versus being a PS4 title wasn't true. Or was it? Screw you and your trolling, SE. Just give us Versus so I can stop buying games from you. :mad:

Oh, they'll inevitably publish something else that's great after Versus XIII. (See: Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex)

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 21, 2013

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Krad posted:

Hasn't history proven rather conclusively that Development Hell games have a higher chance of sucking that not?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 21, 2013

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

Hasn't history proven rather conclusively that Development Hell games have a hogher chance of sucking that not?

I think they're either terrible or great, depending on whether "Development Hell" is "we've started production over six times with five different engines and four different directors" or "we're taking our sweet loving time working on this and making drat sure it's finished before we even talk release date".

I don't think anybody outside S-E knows enough about Versus to say which one it is, but I'm trying to be optimistic!

Baku fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 21, 2013

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Half-Life 2 saw Development Hell, for what it's worth.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Half-Life 2 saw Development Hell, for what it's worth.

So did Half-Life 3 :rimshot:

Anything over that same video we saw a while ago would have been nice. The video that took them a year to make what the hell

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
We're going to be in this weird transitional period where there's going to be games released for the PS3, the PS4, the 360, and Durango all at the same time. Maybe Versus will be one of those.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So, that Noctis perfume is vapor that you wear.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Pureauthor posted:

Hasn't history proven rather conclusively that Development Hell games have a higher chance of sucking that not?

FFXII was basically in development hell also, and while it's got some rough edges I thought it was pretty great.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Bongo Bill posted:

So, that Noctis perfume is vapor that you wear.

I laughed.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Twelve by Pies posted:

On the other hand, it actually gives you a reason to go search for the rare equipment. For example, the first couple of times I played FFVI, I never got Lightbringer. My team was perfectly capable of beating the game and the optional bosses without it, so why bother trying to get it? Making a rare weapon have an ability you can't get any other way is a good incentive to try and get equipment you might not otherwise.

It always weirds me out a bit when people use the GBA/re-translated names for items in FF6. I sit there going " wait..Lightbringer, I've played FF6 dozen of times, what the hell is a Lightbringer?"
I guess it's just a new generation of people appreciating the classics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aureon
Jul 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Starcraft II was in development hell, and is the greatest RTS of all time :colbert: