Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Chris Woakes is perfect to bat at #3 and also be opening bowler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Chris Read as keeper please gilo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pull Ramps out of retirement.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bring back Paul Nixon please.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bring back Jim Maxwell

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/02/22/radio-magic-gone-as-indias-bullies-shut-down-jim-maxwell/

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

4liters posted:

Ahmed seems to be fitting into the Vic Sheffield shield side pretty well, how long until he can troll this racist shithole of a country by playing for the national side?

Oh god yes, I'd be so full from all the delicious racist tears.

4liters posted:

Didn't they only go with one spinner? Isn't that a bad idea with the BCCI in pitch doctoring mode?

Yes to this too, but Doherty is not really a 'spinner' as such.

Two hours until the massacre begins, just not sure who will be ones copping it. Either way should make for some entertaining media stories.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

In all honesty, the idea of England regressing to 90s team selections under an idiot like Giles is so disastrous that I'm perversely looking forward to it for the laughter it will cause. I hope Giles just drops Swann straight away and plays himself as the spinner.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

4liters posted:

Didn't they only go with one spinner? Isn't that a bad idea with the BCCI in pitch doctoring mode?

We don't have "spinners". Only slow bowlers.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
This game is really rather difficult to follow in Australia.

50 might be up next over (the 9th) at this rate. Kumar is the only one bowling half decent, even Cowan is slogging it.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

I just tuned into the test, and apparently they're not playing on a pitch, they just dropped a pile of dirt in the middle of a field. How could Australia only play one spinner?

Also Sehwag just dropped a sitter at slip.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
What a bizarro start by Australia. Oh and Schewag gives Warner life.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Cowan hits a six :stare:

Then predictably gets stumped by trying to do it again, so shocked he was.

gently caress this pitch is garbage.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is Jim Maxwell a New Zealander? That article referenced multiple things Australia has stolen from us.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hughes :laugh:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Saw half of the first session at lunch, good god that pitch is hot garbage.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I think it's worth noting that the England Lions are currently 114/8, proving that the English just really aren't very good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol that pitch is horrific. I bet the seamers will get some hilarious movement off of that.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Scylo posted:

I think it's worth noting that the England Lions are currently 114/8, proving that the English just really aren't very good.
Yeah, the Lions seem to have been pretty abysmal lately. Probably with the likes of Root, Buttler and Bairstow getting into the main squad.

Also why on Earth did India not play Ohja (and how on Earth are Australia letting Ashwin do so much damage in a Test match)?

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Hope Starc will save us again

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Don't worry guys, Hussey :smug:

Oh god :negative:

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

EMC posted:

Don't worry guys, Hussey :smug:

Oh god :negative:

Moises will save us all!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Nice call on DRS India.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The BCCI are making friends everywhere.

quote:

The Board of Control for Cricket in India are trying to bully Cricket SA into not appointing Haroon Lorgat as their next chief executive.
As their main bargaining chip, the BCCI are threatening to cancel the tour to SA by MS Dhoni’s team next season.
The last time India toured the country, in 2010-11 – when SA also hosted the Champions League T20 and a Bollywood blockbusting T20 game at the Moses Mabhida stadium – CSA recorded revenues of R727-million. In 2009-10, CSA earned almost R234.5-million less.
CSA are sending a high-powered delegation to Chennai today to discuss this and other matters.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone up for an ongoing Aus / NZ / SA / Eng test round robin? Ladder resets after 3 years

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Dhoni or Smith worst test captain?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

EMC posted:

Anyone up for an ongoing Aus / NZ / SA / Eng test round robin? Ladder resets after 3 years

Pakistan and the West Indies deserve slots, if only for Misbah and Sammy's dogged efforts to turn them around.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Nice 50 by Henriques. Rare to see an Australian come to the crease after a few wickets have fallen and make some runs.

I wish I had somewhere other than Test Match Sofa to listen to this..:(

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009
Who would have thought I'd resort to English commentary on an Australian / Indian test match? (^^ I'd prefer ABC commentary, but it's listenable and much better than nothing)

A nice start to test cricket for Henriques so far, I expected him to quickly follow Wade out, but he seems to have kept his head and worked his way to 50.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

RideTheSpiral posted:

Dhoni or Smith worst test captain?

Graeme Smith is a good captain, just a oval office. Dhoni is a oval office and a bad captain and a piece of poo poo

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

cytoc posted:

Who would have thought I'd resort to English commentary on an Australian / Indian test match?

A nice start to test cricket for Henriques so far, I expected him to quickly follow Wade out, but he seems to have kept his head and worked his way to 50.

Where have you found English commentary?

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

Where have you found English commentary?

As with Scylo, I'm also listening to https://www.testmatchsofa.com seems to be a couple of guys sitting around commentating off the TV and chatting to tweets coming in.

They chatted to Gideon Haigh over the tea break and that wasn't too bad either.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

cytoc posted:

As with Scylo, I'm also listening to https://www.testmatchsofa.com seems to be a couple of guys sitting around commentating off the TV and chatting to tweets coming in.

They chatted to Gideon Haigh over the tea break and that wasn't too bad either.

Ah right.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Scylo posted:

Nice 50 by Henriques. Rare to see an Australian come to the crease after a few wickets have fallen and make some runs.

I wish I had somewhere other than Test Match Sofa to listen to this..:(

Henriques is still probably pinching himself that he got a test cap in the first place.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Henriques looks composed and determined to stay there, making the opposition work hard for his wicket. Very impressive so far.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He'll probably be tired so the selectors will rotate him out for someone like Maxwell next test.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Paul.Power posted:

Yeah, the Lions seem to have been pretty abysmal lately. Probably with the likes of Root, Buttler and Bairstow getting into the main squad.

lol I just looked at the scorecard and apparently Rikki Clarke is playing for them. Gilo's influence creeping in already.

The rest of them don't seem much kop either. James Taylor is meant to be good but always looks poo poo when I've seen him. Gary Ballance will fill out the white Southern African quota when Pietersen and Trott retire I suppose.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Link to the scorecard?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/584543.html

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BlackShadow posted:

Henriques looks composed and determined to stay there, making the opposition work hard for his wicket. Very impressive so far.

Hmmmm. Not a bad Spoonboy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

gently caress.

Are there green patches around the cracks halfway down there? What kind of spastic prepared this pitch?

• Locked thread