Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Guns worth spending money on:

Infils: Longshot, Shadow, the new SMG.
Engineers / Light Assaults: GD-7F, GD-23 Razor. Try the AC-X11 before you buy it.
Medics: BR Carnage, NS-11A.
Heavy: EM6, Anchor, Decimator, Annihilator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They made all the monsters in Dead Space 3 faster

the gently caress is up with that

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fallom posted:

They made all the monsters in Dead Space 3 faster

the gently caress is up with that

They're like bullet sponges too, what the gently caress. And before anybody says anything, yes I'm shooting the limbs.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
More PS2 talk:

Vas, what attachments do you recommend for the GD-23?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

More PS2 talk:

Vas, what attachments do you recommend for the GD-23?

I use mine with grip and flash suppressor.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

LYING ABOUT BEING A US MARINE

HATING ON TRANSPEOPLE BUT SECRETLY DATING ONE

CLAIMING TO HAVE PTSD ON MY OKCUPID PROFILE

HAVING A TRIFORCE TATTOO ON MY NECK
Gotta love Day[9]:
If you have a significant other for singles awareness day type a 1.
If you're alone type:... gently caress.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Did anyone pick up Crysis 3? I have it for the PC but have yet to even touch it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I didn't like it. Some of the enemies were really annoying.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I got Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE and it is boss as gently caress. The main gameplay goal is to cut dudes in half to rip out their spines in order to absorb their electrolytes. It's loving bonkers.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
im playing diablo 3 :)

oh poo poo finally got C&C the first decade to work

generals and red alert 2 own

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 23, 2013

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

genderstomper58 posted:

im playing diablo 3 :)

oh poo poo finally got C&C the first decade to work

generals and red alert 2 own

man i can't play those games anymore, they just look too awful

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Pufflekins posted:

man i can't play those games anymore, they just look too awful

Just try to remember how cool they looked in ~2000

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Who all is still playing d3?
I just started again after finding out about 1.07, dunno how i missed it.
Add me, although I am on at weird times, I can get down tonight after Gold Rush.
battletag: cralthatway#1858

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Path of Exile is better than D3, sorry.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Vasudus posted:

I thought it was P Gay

Blizzard games are too polished for me to say no to :)

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I downloaded it, started playing it, and it didn't get its hooks into me, I haven't really given it a fair shot. I like Akaneiro Demon Hunters, but I am a terrible person.

I don't think d3 is a great game, but its kind of relaxing, and I like the new recipes and stuff.

Started another run of Jagged Alliance 2. I don't know how many hours I have to throw away a year on this game, but goddamn is it good.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
D3 was pretty hosed up at release, more than I expected. But they've consistently shown with these patches that they actually give a poo poo so thats better than most imo

bengy81
May 8, 2010

genderstomper58 posted:

D3 was pretty hosed up at release, more than I expected. But they've consistently shown with these patches that they actually give a poo poo so thats better than most imo

Yeah, its keeps getting better, thats for sure. I wish it wasn't so laggy, I want to do a hc character, but I don't want to die to bad netcode.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

bengy81 posted:

Yeah, its keeps getting better, thats for sure. I wish it wasn't so laggy, I want to do a hc character, but I don't want to die to bad netcode.

Haha, its been good for me for awhile I dunno. I just think HC would make me rage too much in the first place to ever try it.

Also the biggest part they hosed up imo was act 4.....it just sucks

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Vasudus posted:

yep!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Path of Exile shows more polish after a couple years of development by some dudes in a New Zealand basement than Diablo 3 did after 12 years of being developed by a hundred "professionals" with tens to hundreds of millions of dollars to waste.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Fallom posted:

Path of Exile shows more polish after a couple years of development by some dudes in a New Zealand basement than Diablo 3 did after 12 years of being developed by a hundred "professionals" with tens to hundreds of millions of dollars to waste.

lol youre retarded

gently caress the cistem

are you like a video game hipster bc this is really stupid

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 23, 2013

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't think Blizzard has made a good game since Warcraft. The first one, before they got all corporate :smug:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
D3 is about ten times more polished than PoE. It's also extremely boring and pretty shallow.

I'm having more of a loving blast in PoE, a game that isn't even fully launched yet, than I ever did in D3. PoE has about ten times the depth of gameplay, and once those hooks are in you, they're in you like it's 2002 again.

Don't get me wrong, D3 is an okay game. But PoE is more Diablo than Diablo III. It's like Diablo 2.5, updated with modern game concepts like respecs and centralized servers.

And it's free, but that doesn't really say anything about the game other than 'go try it, you loving nerds'.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Vasudus posted:

D3 is about ten times more polished than PoE. It's also extremely boring and pretty shallow.

I'm having more of a loving blast in PoE, a game that isn't even fully launched yet, than I ever did in D3. PoE has about ten times the depth of gameplay, and once those hooks are in you, they're in you like it's 2002 again.

Don't get me wrong, D3 is an okay game. But PoE is more Diablo than Diablo III. It's like Diablo 2.5, updated with modern game concepts like respecs and centralized servers.

And it's free, but that doesn't really say anything about the game other than 'go try it, you loving nerds'.

yeah pretty much

also titan quest was ok but diablo will always suck me in

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
I enjoyed Diablo III for what it was but I honestly did not see much replay value in it. Once you had a max level of each class, you just moved poo poo around how you liked it and tried not to get your dick stomped while farming the higher level difficulties for gear.

With PoE, there is still dick stomping at the higher levels, but a "full respec", while theoretically possible, is not something you're ever really going to be able to do with your dude. To that end you level according to your desired end state, not the gear you pick up or the flavor of the month. To me, it makes the game a little more entertaining, although I can definitely see how that would not appeal to everyone. My favorite part about PoE though is the Map Stones you can find and how much more randomness they add to the game. Now you don't just farm the same levels--->acts--->difficulties, now these cool random areas are thrown in the mix kind of like the original Torchlight. I never played much Diablo II. I was a Lance Corporal without a computer for most of its heyday. But I do enjoy PoE more than I enjoyed Diablo III.

Play it nerds! It's loving free!

SneakySnake
Feb 5, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Defleshed posted:

I enjoyed Diablo III for what it was but I honestly did not see much replay value in it. Once you had a max level of each class, you just moved poo poo around how you liked it and tried not to get your dick stomped while farming the higher level difficulties for gear.

I didn't even have the patience to max out one class. Replay the same game 4 times with the same character and a handful of 'new' abilities and enemies is more of a chore than fun to me.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I got really drunk last night and spent 45 dollars on gear in D3 :negative:

I don't even play it that often but now I feel obligated.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

lol youre retarded

gently caress the cistem

Oh sorry I consider things like "Hey, unique items should be unique" to be "polish" instead of something you patch in after 12 years and several months of thinking that they should just be rares with a 0.00001% chance of having better stats

PoE shows more polish than Diablo 3 did after 12 years in development. gently caress you. I'm not surprised baby would be impressed by pretty CGI cutscenes.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
We need to get BF3 or PS2 going on tonight.

Or DEFCON was p fun too :)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

1 month into open beta and Path of Exile shows more polish than Diablo 3 did at release with its "higher difficulty levels actually work" feature.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Fallom posted:

Oh sorry I consider things like "Hey, unique items should be unique" to be "polish" instead of something you patch in after 12 years and several months of thinking that they should just be rares with a 0.00001% chance of having better stats

PoE shows more polish than Diablo 3 did after 12 years in development. gently caress you. I'm not surprised baby would be impressed by pretty CGI cutscenes.

I was pretty drunk no hard feelings mate

I just didn't like POE that much ;)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

I was pretty drunk no hard feelings mate

I just didn't like POE that much ;)

It's cool man at least PoE still lets you get items from barrels

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo dude, you seem to be very offended that someone likes a different video game than you do. I tried path of exile and overall didn't really care for it. It seems overly complex.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Pufflekins posted:

Holy poo poo dude, you seem to be very offended that someone likes a different video game than you do. I tried path of exile and overall didn't really care for it. It seems overly complex.

PoE takes around 4 or 5 hours to sink its hooks into you it seems. I suggested it to one of my internet buddies and he didn't like it, then he tolerated it, then by the end of the weekend he couldn't stop playing.

The biggest difference between PoE and D3 is how they evolved from the D2 era. PoE said 'hey, the fun part was playing all sorts of crazy rear end specs, designing characters around items and making lots of new guys'. D3 said 'hey, the fun part is repetitively running the same two levels over and over again for that sweet, sweet slot-machine like mentality'. D2 had both of these mentalities, it's just old as poo poo now.

PoE has some intentional design decisions that are based off essentially running counterculture to current gaming trends. They have zero intentions of having an auction house system, ever. Respeccing is based mostly on correcting a few mistakes rather than drastically changing your entire playstyle with a few buttons. In some ways it's an intentional step backwards. They are at least planning on letting you trade items directly through the website, which will make things a bit easier.

I really, really don't want to sound like loving :spergin: but PoE really is more like Diablo 2.5 updated for 2013, while Diablo III is something else entirely, that appeals to a different market.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Can't wait for that D3 market to finally appear.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

Can't wait for that D3 market to finally appear.

Good news, it will once it's on the PS3 and PS4!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pufflekins posted:

Holy poo poo dude, you seem to be very offended that someone likes a different video game than you do

no not really dude I was offended by this tho:

genderstomper58 posted:

lol youre retarded

gently caress the cistem

But he apologized so you're kind of the dick here :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I really should've picked the "join Citra" ending in Far Cry 3 because lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I did the first time. Five minutes of WTF ensued.

• Locked thread