Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Thievery posted:

If you guys aren't all just gathering in the same locations and inviting them into a massive trap you're not playing the game right.
Tell them we're all in a massive group in MCHM. Haha.

Private Dragongod Knightkings party in.. Bastion of Lok

Velveteen posted:

That is totally doable...
We should do this. On a related note, the little tune/humming during the elin dancing animation gets annoying. Everyone else dances much more quietly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bowrrl
Mar 12, 2011
Dude is now offering 500g.

I just started playing yesterday so I'm not up to date with current goon events. What did you guys do to piss him off?

VVVVVVVVV My bad. It's too late for me to not be an idiot. It is beautiful though.

Bowrrl fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 23, 2013

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Bowrrl posted:

Dude is now offering 500g.

I just started playing yesterday so I'm not up to date with current goon events. What did you guys do to piss him off?

It's right on the previous page.

We didn't get the usual area we have for vanarchy, but we got Lumbertown's area.
And then Crowd disabled PvP in the area. And the amount of butthurt clenching suddenly generated could power a space elevator.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
You beautiful, beautiful goons. :allears:

Now the complaining begins on the forums.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

The Lumbergate Scandal.

Damone
May 3, 2009
That's what you get for not voting for us, shitlords!

This is just wonderful. I like how that forum post goes; "You can't take away access to a part of a game, take away access to the part of the game that does that instead!" Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Damone fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 23, 2013

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I just love how as people start defending what happened, the only thing he can say is "ARE RIGHTS"

I mean, it's not like DGKK dug up some super secret Vanarchy menu. It's there. It does nothing on a PVE server, it does something on a PVP server.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

KaneTW posted:

I've disabled PVP in Lumbertown. This is the best thing I've ever done.

THANKS OBAMA CROWD!

The forum thread is pretty amazing.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Argas posted:

I just love how as people start defending what happened, the only thing he can say is "ARE RIGHTS"

I mean, it's not like DGKK dug up some super secret Vanarchy menu. It's there. It does nothing on a PVE server, it does something on a PVP server.
We used... the nuclear option. No PVP Allowed. It's Crowd's right to click the button.

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 23, 2013

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wow that thread :psyduck: I'm pretty sure 99% of the server population actually agrees that PVP off in Lumbertown is a sweet move. Not only does it let newbies get some leveling done, it's a giant gently caress you to bored level 60s.

Damone
May 3, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Wow that thread :psyduck: I'm pretty sure 99% of the server population actually agrees that PVP off in Lumbertown is a sweet move. Not only does it let newbies get some leveling done, it's a giant gently caress you to bored level 60s.

Yeah, it's basically one guy going on a tirade, some agree on some points... But most of the thread completely disagrees with the OP. That's... Surprising.

Aureon
Jul 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Goons, famous knights in shining armor protecting people from gankers :allears:

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
So I just took the warp-pegasus with my alt.

I didn't know you would sit sideways on the pegasus. It looks pretty precarious.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I think the last 3 or so lockboxes I've opened with leftover keys have all been valiant potions. I think that's the most 'haha you lose' item you can get out of those boxes. I don't know why you would ever spend actual money on keys for these things.

Also, this no-pvp in lumbertown is the most enjoyable troll I've seen in a while. Please keep wringing out those tears.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So, are the goon guilds still full or do I just put in an app to the main goon guild and wait for space to open up?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 23, 2013

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The amount of butthurt crying in that "Best reason to end Vanarchy" thread is amazing. It's like when you turned off low level ganking you somehow took away everything that mattered to him.

Outstanding work! :golfclap:

I hope you set taxes to maximum too.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I just did; forgot to set them to maximum again after settting them to 1% for Ferret.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So much rage yet only 8 gvgs!? Shameful.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

I'd love it if PVP was also turned off in Granarkus.

There are always half a dozen people camping the exit of Kanstria hoping to gank brand new 60s.

I can tell its brand new 60s they go for because they never bother my priest (glowing weapon) but they get my lancer every single time I try to leave town. The difference is my lancer is in all +6 nexus gear, and these people in +12 conjunct have never managed to kill me yet.

It's still annoying to have to step around them every time and use dash to avoid them.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
We should find a way to get all vanarchs to disable pvp and watch as the server falls to its knees.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
With all these crybabies you'd think we were playing on Lake of Tears :smugdog:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm still not sure if people are going to hate us and try to get us out of vanarchy like reddit or if we have lowbie support that we won't fall out of vanarchy next term. Seems like finding allies now would be quite hard for next term since TFT and NFA pretty much abandoned us. That and the whole server seems to hate us, or at least the most vocal members of the server.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Pretty sure turning off PvP in Lumbertown is going to win votes, not lose them. You pissed of really loud griefers who weren't voting for you anyway. Meanwhile you've made life easier for the countless new players/alts, and all the crybaby griefers' screaming does is advertise that you did that for them.

When I last played they were talking about making some big changes to Zerkers. Did that ever happen? What were they?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

KaneTW posted:

I've disabled PVP in Lumbertown. This is the best thing I've ever done.

This is simply amazing. Let's prove them wrong in you not being able to get re-elected, that would put the buckets of tears to a test.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Phosphia posted:

This is simply amazing. Let's prove them wrong in you not being able to get re-elected, that would put the buckets of tears to a test.

Arcadia first pick next term! See if they want to kick us out or get Ostgarath for themselves.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...
I haven't been around the past few days, and I'm deeply saddened by the fact that I missed this.

I demand screenshots of the rage and fallout when it was at its height, please.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

My client crashed before I could screenshot it :(

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

KaneTW posted:

My client crashed before I could screenshot it :(

Why do you hurt my heart like this.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Pooptimus Prime posted:

Why do you hurt my heart like this.

You can visit the forum post linked earlier this page to experience half the dream!

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I'm still not sure if people are going to hate us and try to get us out of vanarchy like reddit or if we have lowbie support that we won't fall out of vanarchy next term. Seems like finding allies now would be quite hard for next term since TFT and NFA pretty much abandoned us. That and the whole server seems to hate us, or at least the most vocal members of the server.
Seems like they will camp the nexus spots, haha.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Any opinions on which melee class would be easiest/strongest to level for a new player? I usually play casters, so I want to try something different in this game? Also, do races really matter? They seem to be just for looks.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

HotBobaloo posted:

Any opinions on which melee class would be easiest/strongest to level for a new player? I usually play casters, so I want to try something different in this game? Also, do races really matter? They seem to be just for looks.

If you're looking for DPS, Slayers/Berserkers are common favorites and probably level the fastest. Races are very minor bonuses, you'd regret picking a race based on bonus alone so pick whichever one you like best (popori.)

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

HotBobaloo posted:

Lancers level pretty darn quickly and you get instant dungeon queues.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Warriors and Lancers are melee classes that are able to tank if thats your thing. Warriors can go assault stance to DPS or defensive stance to tank giving you a lot of versatility. Lancers are pure tanks but with the damage buff they can hit pretty hard for a tank. Tanks also get instant queues and are in high demand at level 60 along with healers.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Velveteen posted:

Warriors and Lancers are melee classes that are able to tank if thats your thing. Warriors can go assault stance to DPS or defensive stance to tank giving you a lot of versatility. Lancers are pure tanks but with the damage buff they can hit pretty hard for a tank. Tanks also get instant queues and are in high demand at level 60 along with healers.

The demand for Lancers is kind of nuts. If you want to dungeon and you don't mind tanking then Lancer or Warrior is pretty great. The lancer I group with for a lot of dungeons complains about any queue longer than 2 min while my average alone is like an hour.

Also, people upset about lumbertown are pretty hilarious

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Are slayers worth anything for instances/end game/pvp or am I better off rolling a lancer?

e also posted my auth thread on the forums

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

The demand for Lancers is kind of nuts. If you want to dungeon and you don't mind tanking then Lancer or Warrior is pretty great. The lancer I group with for a lot of dungeons complains about any queue longer than 2 min while my average alone is like an hour.

Also, people upset about lumbertown are pretty hilarious

I can't stand any queue longer than 2 mins and I play Sorceror and healers.

I just hang around now and wait til somebody invites me to run MC or CoF.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
What's a dungeon queue?

(lancer supremacy gently caress yeah)

Reciprocator
Jun 26, 2002

You're not taking drugs are you? I only ask because there is a zero-tolerance policy on the island, and I wouldn't want you to have to punch yourself in the face.
My character disappeared from the server at some point this week. I haven't played since Wednesday due to work schedule, and was looking forward to using it this weekend. I still have the original 2 chars I made on another server, it's only my "main" that's gone :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Reciprocator posted:

My character disappeared from the server at some point this week. I haven't played since Wednesday due to work schedule, and was looking forward to using it this weekend. I still have the original 2 chars I made on another server, it's only my "main" that's gone :(

There was some exploit or attack of some kind last night that caused this and the server crashes, customer support restored my character overnight

• Locked thread