Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck edition: this thread keeps us out of the rest of the forums. You're welcome.

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck edition: look at least its not ponies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Plom Bar posted:

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck edition: this thread keeps us out of the rest of the forums. You're welcome.

Technically incorrect, a lot of us are fairly well integrated to the normal forums.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

MS Paint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: still asymptotically approaching the ending

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
MS Paint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: Do sprites dream of prototyped sheep?

A goon (WAR FOOT) posted this a while back. I've always thought it was cool and should be a thread title.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: Final Acts are for Suckers

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition, the Final Several Dozen Acts

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition, The Final Act Intermissions

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Roger Explosion posted:

MS Paint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: Do sprites dream of prototyped sheep?

A goon (WAR FOOT) posted this a while back. I've always thought it was cool and should be a thread title.

I second this as the new title, whoever this WAR FOOT guy/gal is they must be incredibly intelligent and also attractive.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: Brought to you by the color green.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Are we still sharing "Homestuck in real life" stories? Because I have one from yesterday. During a bathroom break on campus, I wound up in a stall covered with Homestuck graffiti and shipping conversations. It was, uh, kind of weird to be sitting there doing my business while reading other people's hastily-scribbled opinions about fictional troll romance. I remember part of it was a drawing of Dave's symbol + Karkat's symbol with "Hussie, please make this happen" written next to it, and further down was either Nepeta's or Gamzee's symbol + Karkat's with "SUNKEN SHIP". I think there was also a doodle of Terezi and some commentary about moirails?

An actual shipping wall IRL. Nice work, fangirls.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: I am a Sea Hitler Troll

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Are we still sharing "Homestuck in real life" stories? Because I have one from yesterday. During a bathroom break on campus, I wound up in a stall covered with Homestuck graffiti and shipping conversations. It was, uh, kind of weird to be sitting there doing my business while reading other people's hastily-scribbled opinions about fictional troll romance. I remember part of it was a drawing of Dave's symbol + Karkat's symbol with "Hussie, please make this happen" written next to it, and further down was either Nepeta's or Gamzee's symbol + Karkat's with "SUNKEN SHIP". I think there was also a doodle of Terezi and some commentary about moirails?

An actual shipping wall IRL. Nice work, fangirls.
I'm curious, what department of your university did you happen to be in when you encountered an organized bunch of inane Homestuck bullshit in the bathroom?

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
It's in a building that's purely classrooms and lecture halls, and it gets some of the most mixed usage I've seen on this campus. Classes run the gamut from humanities to sciences, and the daily population skews heavily undergrad.

Don't really know who to pin the blame on.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: he was RIGHT. thits shits lasting FOREVER

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Stop talking about the thread closing, I really wanted to see it hit 1000 pages. :(

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: oh god the grey body paint is getting everywhere

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

DaveKap posted:

Stop talking about the thread closing, I really wanted to see it hit 1000 pages. :(

1025 or bust.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Since it's been a few months since I did this, and it's a lull anyway, here's your Homestuck liveblogger update:

Still reading:
ReadingHomestuck is the only decent liveblogger I know of that is actually caught up. No other major defining characteristics.
MousaThe14 coming up on Dirk: Synchronize / Unite. Another 'started out hating the story, now is rabid about it' reader. Kind of a goony dude. Is hilariously irrational with any character who shows even a hint of callousness or confidence.
Land of Boredom and Confusion Still in Act 1, reading very slowly, but notices a lot of stuff and is already hooked on all of Hussie's weirdness.

Stalled, but probably continuing:
Treestuck is still right before Cascade, but implied in a post a few days ago that we should see something soon. Does cool art. I enjoy how wrapped up in the story she is, so I'm eagerly awaiting it.
PrecisionFStrike is doing a reread before continuing, but who knows when that'll be. She wrote some cool character analyses back in the day, so I hope she continues.
WTF is Homestuck, the original liveblog, has stalled out due to medical issues.

Dead:
ManVsHomestuck
I'm Reading This Homestuck Thing

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 24, 2013

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

You know, I kind of wish that TreeStuck hadn't added her steam ID, because I find myself being goony against my will when the "now playing" pop up appears. "Oh, so you've got time to play more Team Fortress 2, but can't be bothered to watch a 15 minute flash, hmmmm?"

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Here's some more active ones you didn't touch on that I follow:

DescentIntoHomestuck - about where Mousa is. She's very perceptive and tends to pick up on a lot of the hints dropped throughout the story and has some interesting analysis. Gets pretty excited about stuff so she's fun to read.
Land of Boredom and Confusion - Only in Act 2 and is fairly slow (albeit consistent), but I find his/her reactions pretty funny to read, and being so early on it's interesting to see the wacky theories they come up with.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, thanks for reminding me about LoBaC. I like his reading, because he's reading more carefully than most people did in Act 1. Descent into Homestuck I left off because I figured goons wouldn't like her manic style.

Pester posted:

You know, I kind of wish that TreeStuck hadn't added her steam ID, because I find myself being goony against my will when the "now playing" pop up appears. "Oh, so you've got time to play more Team Fortress 2, but can't be bothered to watch a 15 minute flash, hmmmm?"

Oh, thank goodness, I'm not the only one that does that.

Then I remember that I've wasted 120 hours playing FTL, so I have no room to talk.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bobulus posted:

Then I remember that I've wasted 120 hours playing FTL, so I have no room to talk.

That sounds to me like a time investment, not a waste.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

While we're waiting for the next update, I just wanted to say that I really like that Tavros and John don't get along. I remember when Tavros was still adiosToreador, and the general feel was that he was such a dork that he'd probably get along fine with John. That assumption was reinforced in Hivebent, but then they finally meet and get into some highschool-level bickering over Vriska.

It's just funny that two characters who otherwise manage to get along with just about everyone, and can't seem to hate people even whom they have good reason to hate, take such a strong and instant dislike for each other.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, thanks for reminding me about LoBaC. I like his reading, because he's reading more carefully than most people did in Act 1. Descent into Homestuck I left off because I figured goons wouldn't like her manic style.

Well, if Mousa the Brony is on there, I figure we're not being very selective, right? Because ugh, that guy :\

Hexapodia is another fantastic one.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Literally Sharks posted:

And yet you included Mousa the Brony? Because ugh that guy :\

Hexapodia is another fantastic one.

Hey, I know enough Bronies to know not all of them are creepy fucks.

Most of them, yes, but there are some who aren't.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dolash posted:

It's just funny that two characters who otherwise manage to get along with just about everyone, and can't seem to hate people even whom they have good reason to hate, take such a strong and instant dislike for each other.

There is no friendship when the prize is Vriska.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Prison Warden posted:

That sounds to me like a time investment, not a waste.

It's FTL, aka Wumpus In Space.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

By the way, speaking of Tavros, and this has probably been brought up before, but doesn't it look like he's wearing a God-Hood? I'm pretty sure his hair doesn't look like that.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

There is no friendship when the prize is Vriska.

There's more than enough of her to go around.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ablative posted:

By the way, speaking of Tavros, and this has probably been brought up before, but doesn't it look like he's wearing a God-Hood? I'm pretty sure his hair doesn't look like that.

He doesn't have wings, so I doubt it.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Ablative posted:

I think he's wearing his Pupa Pan get-up.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I think he's wearing his Pupa Pan get-up.

Nah, there's no feather in the cap.

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

There's more than enough of her to go around.

What a gross mental image
#BodyShaming

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Did we work out who the two figures at the back end of the ship are? My immediate guess was Sollux and Aradia just to try and reintroduce them to the plot a little.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Update! Everyone's a pirate, yessss

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Update.

I was totally wrong, Luminous Obscurity may now poo poo on my confidence.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Vriska posted:

English has taken the 88,

FINALLY. That was bugging me.
Also, holy poo poo the Double Eye-Patches are brilliant.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love Sollux's eyepatches. :allears:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

quote:

JOHN: jeez, why does everyone always die so much?
SOLLUX: (l0l, like this guy's 0ne t0 talk.)

:sbahj: Sollux's got his number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dead Nepeta count: a few billion