Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I'm not sure what happened. Randomly one of my folders just disappeared, as well as many apps. The only thing I've done is download the latest Facebook app update. Very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
That happened to me after I updated some random poo poo in Cydia yesterday. A full reboot fixed it.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
Can anyone point me in the direction of a cydia tweak for safari so when I open a new tab, the cursor jumps to the search box rather than the address bar?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

dirtyfrog posted:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a cydia tweak for safari so when I open a new tab, the cursor jumps to the search box rather than the address bar?

You could use Safari UniBar

http://moreinfo.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/depiction.php?file=safariunibarData

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I'm looking for a music widget that doesn't have album art. Album art is dumb. I'm looking through the guts of Jukebox to try to center align the text, and remove the album art, but I have no idea what I'm looking at, and can't find how.

Are there any music widgets that don't have album art? Or, does someone know how I can change Jukebox to not have album art?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
May want to update the title for iOS 6.1.2, all jailbreakable.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I still use TetherMe. Works great and I haven't been hassled by ATT yet. Then again, I only use it maybe once a month.

Thanks for this, I've been looking for a replacement for MyWi since they refused to carry over my license when I got my new phone.

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog

Tried it but doesn't seem to play nice on iPad - the address bar hangs off the right side of the screen.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Klowns posted:

Thanks for this, I've been looking for a replacement for MyWi since they refused to carry over my license when I got my new phone.

Did you ask? MyWi has carried my license from 4 to 4s to 5. I did have to pay a few bucks for the upgrade from MyWi 4 to 5, but that was a feature upgrade not a phone upgrade thing.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there any tweak that can change my Email App to check for mail every, say 15 minutes, when at home on my Wifi, but to check manually when not on Wifi?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

randyest posted:

Did you ask? MyWi has carried my license from 4 to 4s to 5. I did have to pay a few bucks for the upgrade from MyWi 4 to 5, but that was a feature upgrade not a phone upgrade thing.

I bought 4, upgraded to 5 and when I got my iPhone 5 I downloaded 5 and tried to download my license, it seemed to go through but after three days it showed that my trial had expired. Oddly it's the only Cydia app I bought that's not linked on my account page.

I rarely use the tethering but like to have it as a backup in case my work puts me up in a hotel or something, if I hadn't seen TetherMe suggested and found that it works just fine I'd probably start writing Emails to the developer of MyWi since I did manage to track down the PayPal receipt for my purchase.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I didn't take my own advice when I updated to 6.1.2. Forgot to get my package list from AppInfo. :sweatdrop:

I also jailbroke and installed all my jailbreak apps before restoring my phone backup and it was doing something weird. So I've re-restored in iTunes and I'm putting my backedup data and apps on the phone now. Then I'm going to jailbreak and work off my AppInfo list from 2 weeks ago. :woop:

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Has anyone used Adblocker for safari? I'm pretty tired of how bad the ads are on some sites, but I haven't really seen too much about this app. Anyone try it?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I've got AdBlocker buy Cydia and other sites are still littered with ads.

Back on 5.1.1 I edited some list and added loads of add URLs with the help of some guide and ALL ads were removed but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it :(

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.
You could try sbadblocktoggle for system wide adblocking. It has always been free but unfortunately the only place I could find it was cydia.xsellize.com which has a ton of cracked cydia apps on it. Sbsettings is required.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Hamburlgar posted:

Back on 5.1.1 I edited some list and added loads of add URLs with the help of some guide and ALL ads were removed but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it :(

I got it working by custom loading an adblock pro list from my desktop. I think adblock for iOS just doesn't come with preloaded definitions or something.

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

I just jailbroke my iPad and was really hoping to get Quasar right away. It doesn't seem to be updated, and anything I can find on it is weeks old with no recent news about it. Are there any alternatives to it or do I need to just wait it out?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Hamburlgar posted:

Here is my modified hosts file (likely the file that you edited yourself) that blocks the majority of ads in Cydia, Safari iAds and other mobile ads. I've yet to see an ad since modifying it.

Just browse to /etc/ using ifile or ifunbox or ssh and replace your original (after backing it up). Then make sure ownership is set for Owner- root, Group- wheel and access permissions are set to User- read/write/execute, Group- read/execute, World- read/execute.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

CanUSayGym posted:

I just jailbroke my iPad and was really hoping to get Quasar right away. It doesn't seem to be updated, and anything I can find on it is weeks old with no recent news about it. Are there any alternatives to it or do I need to just wait it out?

Always check the developer's twitter.

@Pedroh96 About Quasar: I'm still working *hard* to get it running on iOS 6! :)

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Looks like MyWi busts Bluetooth on 6.1.x (maybe 6.0.x?). I cannot pair anything or use native Bluetooth tethering with MyWi installed or active.

- Rebooting into Safe Mode (which prevents Mobile Substrate and MyWi from loading): Bluetooth works.
- Remove just MyWi & Reboot: Bluetooth works.

I've emailed @intelliborn about it (along with a few other bugs I've encountered in MyWi).

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

ihatepants posted:

Here is my modified hosts file (likely the file that you edited yourself) that blocks the majority of ads in Cydia, Safari iAds and other mobile ads. I've yet to see an ad since modifying it.

Thank you for posting this! Definitely working better than AdBlock.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Have you guys used iCaughtU Pro? This is pretty drat cool. I guess it's been around a while but I've never heard of it before. Tried it out and it works like a charm. Mostly it'll alert me when my girlfriend tries to unlock my phone but it's good to have incase I actually do lose it.

Sends a timestamped email with photo of the unsuccessful unlocker and address of their location. You can also execute remote commands, resend location at selected intervals, etc

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Aight so I have Style Unlock installed. Style unlock means you can unlock your device by swiping up / down / whatever. What this also does though, is remove the camera button. Are there any tweaks I can use to show the camera button? Can't see anything in LockInfo or Springtomize.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

NZP posted:

Aight so I have Style Unlock installed. Style unlock means you can unlock your device by swiping up / down / whatever. What this also does though, is remove the camera button. Are there any tweaks I can use to show the camera button? Can't see anything in LockInfo or Springtomize.

You could keep the slider visible, but have no unlock with knob turned on.

Might defeat the point of the tweak if you got it to remove the slider.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Forget it actually. Typophone 4 is the worst tweak known to man.

Sigvard
Mar 12, 2005

Protect Ya Neck, Kid
(from crowbars)
Does anyone else have a problem with apps not staying in memory? I feel like I reload apps fully after a certain time of inactivity, like BiteSMS after a few minutes. I don't know if this is due to a tweak I've installed or if it always worked this way.

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

spongeworthy posted:

Always check the developer's twitter.

@Pedroh96 About Quasar: I'm still working *hard* to get it running on iOS 6! :)

Awesome. Thanks

Got another question. I am using blink for my lockscreen theme. I have my notifications set to banners and was hoping that they'd show up at the top on my phone and not where the hidden clock ends. Are there any tweaks available to have banners show up starting from the top of the screen?

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

Is there anything that would display the timer/stopwatch on the lockscreen? I found TimerBar, but Cydia says it's not compatible with iOS 6.

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

Safari download manager seems to reboot my ipad into safe mode whenever I try to change the file location. It was originally pointing at a folder within goodreader but the folder name (displayed as that long string of letters and numbers) no longer exists, possibly due to a goodreader update changing its folder name. Regardless, is there anyway known to man to edit this download location outside of SDM or even an alternative download manager?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
For anyone interested in winter board lockscreens, check out 'guess what'. I downloaded it because it piqued my interest but it is really pretty.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Blimpkin posted:

For anyone interested in winter board lockscreens, check out 'guess what'. I downloaded it because it piqued my interest but it is really pretty.

How come one of the main things you look for in a calendar (the date) is so tiny? I'm looking at my phone to see the actual date more often than not, so why is "THE 24TH" so much tinier than the month? :psyduck:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Kazy posted:

How come one of the main things you look for in a calendar (the date) is so tiny? I'm looking at my phone to see the actual date more often than not, so why is "THE 24TH" so much tinier than the month? :psyduck:

I usually look at my lockscreen for time checking, the date is displayed on my status bar throughout the rest of the OS. I also just like to cycle lockscreens and try new things, and I also don't like cluttering it up with notifications and stuff. LockInfo was never my thing.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's really nice, thanks baby.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

CanUSayGym posted:

Got another question. I am using blink for my lockscreen theme. I have my notifications set to banners and was hoping that they'd show up at the top on my phone and not where the hidden clock ends. Are there any tweaks available to have banners show up starting from the top of the screen?

"Banner" is for unlocked mode only, not for your lockscreen.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Looking for some suggestions if you crazy kids don't mind:
What can I use to hide the unlock bar and camera icon on the lock screen? And how about tweak to download files using Safari? Finally, does anyone have the name of that tweak that fixes the memory issue with respringing from a few pages back?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I have a weird request, and I would really appreciate some help here.

I'm trying to help a Korean teenager jailbreak his iPhone 4 ios 6. Now, I don't use iTunes (or have a computer that can use it, I have my iPad and a lovely Linux netbook.)

He barely uses iTunes, and of course he uses it in Korean.

Evasi0n is giving us an error saying "the attached device has a backup password set" and that we need to disable it in iTunes. Could someone explain to me what exactly this is, how to disable it and, if it's not too much could someone maybe make a screenshot pointing it out in iTunes?

I don't know nearly enough Korean to explain it to him, and he doesn't speak a whole lot of English. But if we could see the general window we have to do something on I think we can figure it out, even if his iTunes is in Korean (the dialogue windows are all probably in the same place, right?)

Sorry for the big request, the language barrier is making this a pain and I honestly haven't found much info on google besides "disable it in iTunes."

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

BrainDance posted:

I have a weird request, and I would really appreciate some help here.

I'm trying to help a Korean teenager jailbreak his iPhone 4 ios 6. Now, I don't use iTunes (or have a computer that can use it, I have my iPad and a lovely Linux netbook.)

He barely uses iTunes, and of course he uses it in Korean.

Evasi0n is giving us an error saying "the attached device has a backup password set" and that we need to disable it in iTunes. Could someone explain to me what exactly this is, how to disable it and, if it's not too much could someone maybe make a screenshot pointing it out in iTunes?

I don't know nearly enough Korean to explain it to him, and he doesn't speak a whole lot of English. But if we could see the general window we have to do something on I think we can figure it out, even if his iTunes is in Korean (the dialogue windows are all probably in the same place, right?)

Sorry for the big request, the language barrier is making this a pain and I honestly haven't found much info on google besides "disable it in iTunes."

When you plug your phone into your computer and itunes pops up, on the phone page under "automatically backup" there are a couple of options. Uncheck the "encrypt iphone backup" box and it should disable the password.

You can turn it back on after you jailbreak your phone.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Also try using Google Translate to talk to the guy. He might just want to order a pizza.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Make sure you update to 6.1.2, as 6.1.3 finally patches evasi0n:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/02/25/apple-is-beta-testing-a-fix-for-evasi0n-jailbreak/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Trying to update to 6.1.2. Backed up. Now trying a restore and I get error 21.

Happen to anybody else?

• Locked thread