Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

How does the whole armour remodelling thing? I want to use my low level armour as my appearance because my new armour is ugly as poo poo, how do I do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

FirstPersonShitter posted:

How does the whole armour remodelling thing? I want to use my low level armour as my appearance because my new armour is ugly as poo poo, how do I do it?

There's a merchant in the western flank of Velika, that allows you to replace this, at the cost of a few silvers or coppers.

You can also buy dyes here if you wanna try a new color combination for your clothes.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tweet, Burter, Lutyens, Merzbow, Miss.Beryl: if any of you are actually goons, please re-apply with your SA name in the application reason and preferably a post here or on the offsite forums.

Velveteen, Ferret, etc: make sure you don't accept people who don't provide their SA name.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Totalizator posted:

Yeah i'm happy with elite, it's not nessesary to play at all but if you want to spend more time at the game it lets you be more efficient at doing it, whitch is how it should be.

The Village Atlas is sooooooooo gooooooood. Also the 20 dailies instead of 10 + the rep and quest reward multiplier :psyduck:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

You need the armor you want the looks of to say "eligible as template" then talk to the Equipment Remodeler, you can talk to a guard to find out where s/he is, then you put in first the armor you want to actually use, then the one you want the looks off. This will destroy the latter one and make the former look like it.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
So I'm trying to give this game a shot. What the hell is up with downloading this game with whatever Happy Cloud is? It's just stuck at 12% and generally being an rear end in a top hat.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ninmeister posted:

So I'm trying to give this game a shot. What the hell is up with downloading this game with whatever Happy Cloud is? It's just stuck at 12% and generally being an rear end in a top hat.

Turn off P2P in download options it sometimes screws up the entire process.

Totalizator fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 25, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's fun to compare TERAs switch to F2P with SWTORs switch to F2P. Or to compare any F2P launch with SWTORs, really.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
What happened in SWTOR?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

KaneTW posted:

Tweet, Burter, Lutyens, Merzbow, Miss.Beryl: if any of you are actually goons, please re-apply with your SA name in the application reason and preferably a post here or on the offsite forums.

Velveteen, Ferret, etc: make sure you don't accept people who don't provide their SA name.

I'll be more careful from now on. Did we get a spy or something?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Totalizator posted:

What happened in SWTOR?
The SWTOR thread is the best place to ask but on F2P release they placed huge limitations on everything except the core story. This included things such as the amount of action bars you had, access to dungeons and PVP queues, reduced experience gain for F2P players, and not being able to equip high-level armour. Being able to do more than a few instances a day, being able to equip gear and addons, and extra action bars were all put in the cash shop.

Basically instead of making the game free and adding incentives to pay (i.e. like TERA and every other P2P-to-F2P MMO ever), they chopped the original game up and used those as the incentives.

Edit: There, look at that list below me. It is breathtaking.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 25, 2013

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Totalizator posted:

What happened in SWTOR?

My friend listed me a list a while back when he used to play.

quote:

SWTOR's F2P restrictions are so tight, that many players are labeling it an 'extended trial', as it allows a player to level from 1-50, but little else. For the first time in any F2P MMO I've heard of, SWTOR restricts your UI, and makes you pay money to use it. It doesn't end there. Let's list some moronic restrictions:

Only get 2 of the available 6 hotbars for skills (and believe me, you need at least 4)
Pay more at vendors and every time you exchange tokens for gear (the primary way to get good gear)
Can't use guild bank or regular banks (any items inside are locked)
Can't mail or trade
Cant accept common quest rewards
Can only post 2 auction house listings
Cant have more than 200k credits on you (the rest is locked into an account that is never released until you subscribe)
Can only talk in 2 channels at 1 message a minute
Cant wear epic gear (even if earned from being a subscriber)
Cant wear event gear (even if earned from being a subscriber)
Can't hide headslots or display titles or legacy name (even your 'founders title' awarded from being a long term subscriber)
Can only roll 3 times for loot in dungeons PER week (failed rolls count)
Can only do 5 battlegrounds a week (losses and incomplete games count, and the weekly quest requires 9 battlegrounds won)
No access to the LFG tool
No access to raids.
Only 1 of 3 professions allowed
Emotes are locked
Half your inventory size. Anything in the other half is locked until you pay.
Quick Travel (town teleport ability) cooldown is quadrupled, now at 2 hours. Emergency fleet pass (teleports you back to main fleet hub) completely disabled
Only 2 characters per server. Returning players must select 2 and lock out the rest.
No rest xp.
No using /who.
No using out of combat move speed passive ability until level 14.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

Totalizator posted:

Turn off P2P in download options it sometimes screws up the entire process.

Thanks, that worked.

So am I going to be disappointed in this game? I'm just trying to find a free to play MMO that doesn't suck to badly. I tried SWTOR but couldn't get into it.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Do you like killing poo poo but hate tab targeting? If so you might like this game. The focus is heavily on smooth, flowing combat.
I keep trying to play other mmos but Tera has ruined a lot of the older style gameplay for me.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Velveteen posted:

I'll be more careful from now on. Did we get a spy or something?

Not that I know of but we might get some and vague application reasons are kind of suspicious (:tinfoil: I know)

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

Buhbuhj posted:

Do you like killing poo poo but hate tab targeting? If so you might like this game. The focus is heavily on smooth, flowing combat.
I keep trying to play other mmos but Tera has ruined a lot of the older style gameplay for me.

Actually yes, this does sound appealing. I played FFXI for quite awhile and just got bored to tears.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ninmeister posted:

So am I going to be disappointed in this game? I'm just trying to find a free to play MMO that doesn't suck to badly. I tried SWTOR but couldn't get into it.
The main points for it are the fantastic combat, enemies and world. Anything involving killing, dungeons, or killing Big rear end Monsters is great fun, and the game is beautiful. The election system that gives guilds control over aspects of different zones is great for causing drama and has a sweet mount as a reward. Seriously going to mention BAMs again because there's nothing else quite like them. Giant unique fuckers that need a group or lots of skill to take down and will murder you if you screw up. Someone post some pictures of these already.

Something that could be positive or negative is the fairly standard way you progress. Lots of kill-quests, and the storylines while pretty good and with cutscenes are generic fantasy. Imagine WoW during The Burning Crusade; a quest hub will give a bunch of quests, leading to other hubs with more quests, repeat until a new zone becomes available. Lots of go-here-and-kill-this-for-money.

The main points against it are final levels turning into a grind and the fairly lethargic endgame when you get past it. The community outside of goons has a few bright spots but generally ranges from insufferable banality to extremely toxic and creepy for two main reasons that have already been talked to death.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 25, 2013

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Velveteen posted:

My friend listed me a list a while back when he used to play.

This list is ridiculous. Is this stuff that goes away after you pay money once or do you have to keep paying per month to avoid getting half a game? Because that's just idiotic.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

This list is ridiculous. Is this stuff that goes away after you pay money once or do you have to keep paying per month to avoid getting half a game? Because that's just idiotic.

You can buy them individually per month and it costs more than 15 a month to do so.

minibeasts
Oct 22, 2010
Oh, whoops. I'm Lutyens, and I thought being vague was okay. Re-applying.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Applying to DGKK on my lancer named Burter.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I'm in game, and I've applied for guild membership. Game name is Kethrian.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Velveteen posted:

You can buy them individually per month and it costs more than 15 a month to do so.

So it's either subscribe to the game or play a crippled demo version, basically? Terrible. Makes me really glad of Tera's F2P model. Hell that almost entices me to buy a few more months of subscription to Tera just to reward them for doing it right, when such an atrocious example of how to do it wrong exists in SWTOR.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

BobTheJanitor posted:

So it's either subscribe to the game or play a crippled demo version, basically? Terrible. Makes me really glad of Tera's F2P model. Hell that almost entices me to buy a few more months of subscription to Tera just to reward them for doing it right, when such an atrocious example of how to do it wrong exists in SWTOR.

The worst of it is that this is exactly the kind of bad publicity that SWTOR really didn't need to survive, considering how much money they invested into an MMO that ended up not paying back the revenue lost.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
I'm coming to the conclusion that I am simply not ~hardcore~ enough for tera. As I see it, currently the big things are (in rough order of completion) grind rep to get the jewelry, grind gold to get regent, grind gold to get fraywind, grind players to get pvp credits for something (I think more jewelry) and grind SGallery and ToT for glyph badges (or grind gold for that, gold seems to work universally except for BoP faction stuff).

Oh yes, and I forgot grind gold or else MES & MW Alk in order to grind RNG for a weapon and a set of pve gear and a set of pvp gear.

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 25, 2013

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Alavaria posted:

I'm coming to the conclusion that I am simply not ~hardcore~ enough for tera. As I see it, currently the big things are (in rough order of completion) grind rep to get the jewelry, grind gold to get regent, grind gold to get fraywind, grind players to get pvp credits for something (I think more jewelry) and grind SGallery and ToT for glyph badges (or grind gold for that, gold seems to work universally except for BoP faction stuff).

Oh yes, and I forgot grind gold or else MES & MW Alk in order to grind RNG for a weapon and a set of pve gear and a set of pvp gear.

This is the end game. I just hit 60 today and am completely overwhelmed by wtf am I supposed to do now. I spent a fortune getting reasonable gear so I could do some dungeons since my 136ilvl wasn't going to cut it at 60. Now I am lost trying to figure out where all the daily quests are and how I can start making some of the money back that I lost. I've heard from loads of people that gold is a joke at 60 especially with elite just pop boosts and done in an hour. I am just lost atm, if there is a guide for new 60s on where to do dailies and in what order and what dungeons to start with etc I would love to look at it.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Seemenaked posted:

This is the end game. I just hit 60 today and am completely overwhelmed by wtf am I supposed to do now. I spent a fortune getting reasonable gear so I could do some dungeons since my 136ilvl wasn't going to cut it at 60. Now I am lost trying to figure out where all the daily quests are and how I can start making some of the money back that I lost. I've heard from loads of people that gold is a joke at 60 especially with elite just pop boosts and done in an hour. I am just lost atm, if there is a guide for new 60s on where to do dailies and in what order and what dungeons to start with etc I would love to look at it.

I just did this since I dinged 60 a couple days ago. Basically daily quests depend on rep with a faction. Each area in the newer zones has its own faction. So what you should do is complete all the quests in an area that rewards reputation XP, which you'll see as a reward, until you get a quest automatically to talk to some dude in that area. At that point you talk to him and ta da you have daily quests which are noted by green exclamation points. I believe daily quests give around 40-50 gold each, rep XP, and store points and you can do 10 per day in non-elite and 20 a day if you're elite. If you're elite you get a 1 hour bonus per day to double rep reward and another to double gold reward from quests. So you can potentially make at least 1600 gold per day if you do 20 quests in an hour. As you gain more rep with the faction you get more daily quest options but you start with 2.

http://tera.wikia.com/wiki/Reputation Has a good brief description.

Dungeon grinding is another thing which is self explanatory I suppose but I'm with you where its kinda not obvious which ones to do.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I used to play when the endgame was nothing and now I've returned and am overwhelmed myself. The daily roadmap really isn't explained in-game at all (what faction gives what for which PVP/PVE roles? BWARGH), nor is the enhanced glyph system. It's good they added stuff, but stuff this grindy won't fly well without any meaningful explanation.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

What's up with the NPCs in this game all sounding so pissed off at me? Is that a result of direct translation from the Korean, or were they not all dicks there? I mean like when I talk to a random NPC and his voice clip is an offended sounding 'Does this aid me in some way?' with such a condescending tone. But then the quest text is all 'oh hero please save my kitten!' And that crystal vendor in Lumbertown. Man, if any actual shop owner ever said 'Can I help you?' in the same tone that lady uses I would never come back to their shop again.

Fake edit: All that is still better than the guy with only one voice clip though. You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

BobTheJanitor posted:

You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help?

For the Federation!

My favorite NPC line is still: "That mouth of yours looks great on you.." :unsmith: "..when it's closed." :smith:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The sneering NPC attitude goes great with my total ignorance of the quest text, but I think the best examples are the literally translated popori jibes intended to remind Korean cafe gamers not to accidentally die from neglect of hunger and hygiene.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

If i buy a month of elite then cancel it will my account keep the extra character slots?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Mewnie posted:

For the Federation!

My favorite NPC line is still: "That mouth of yours looks great on you.." :unsmith: "..when it's closed." :smith:

"Whats wrong with your face, is it always like that?" by Elins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BXpZFx_XQ

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

doomisland posted:

I believe daily quests give around 40-50 gold each, rep XP, and store points and you can do 10 per day in non-elite and 20 a day if you're elite. If you're elite you get a 1 hour bonus per day to double rep reward and another to double gold reward from quests. So you can potentially make at least 1600 gold per day if you do 20 quests in an hour. As you gain more rep with the faction you get more daily quest options but you start with 2.
You can usually do your 20 and turn them all in within 20 minutes.

Accordingly, gear goes for 35+k, and trying to masterwork and +12 it will easily lead to a month's worth of daily for that. By the time you've got some of the gold, the better people have already been hard at work bidding up the price, I think the items 20 days ago were like 20k, so you can imagine - after all, if you can get silly gold, so can the other people buying the relatively few things and thus you need really silly gold.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
Bleh! I just got tired of mystics at level 25. It was fun, but the only 2 attack spells and the rest being support and heal spells that I hardly ever use got me so bored.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Alavaria posted:

You can usually do your 20 and turn them all in within 20 minutes.

Accordingly, gear goes for 35+k, and trying to masterwork and +12 it will easily lead to a month's worth of daily for that. By the time you've got some of the gold, the better people have already been hard at work bidding up the price, I think the items 20 days ago were like 20k, so you can imagine - after all, if you can get silly gold, so can the other people buying the relatively few things and thus you need really silly gold.

Yeah they desperately need a gold sink in this game. A vendor that sells poo poo like MES or master alk for gold - but only if you're elite. The main problem with the price inflation is that AH money goes to another player, who bids up something else. So it's not just the stupid amount of gold influx, it's that the only thing to spend it on keeps it in the economy.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

BobTheJanitor posted:

What's up with the NPCs in this game all sounding so pissed off at me? Is that a result of direct translation from the Korean, or were they not all dicks there? I mean like when I talk to a random NPC and his voice clip is an offended sounding 'Does this aid me in some way?' with such a condescending tone. But then the quest text is all 'oh hero please save my kitten!' And that crystal vendor in Lumbertown. Man, if any actual shop owner ever said 'Can I help you?' in the same tone that lady uses I would never come back to their shop again.

Fake edit: All that is still better than the guy with only one voice clip though. You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help?

Haha, I think the worst one ive heard are the male castonics who say something like "are you a customer... Or a victim?!"

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Harik posted:

Yeah they desperately need a gold sink in this game. A vendor that sells poo poo like MES or master alk for gold - but only if you're elite. The main problem with the price inflation is that AH money goes to another player, who bids up something else. So it's not just the stupid amount of gold influx, it's that the only thing to spend it on keeps it in the economy.

Crystals and consumables are a gold sink, and you'll need a lot if you pve often.

Wombat Schematics
Jan 2, 2007

With Innovative Yogurt Technologies

Picked this game up a few days ago but I haven't settled on a class yet. Going to apply as my lancer though. Name is Our.Fearless.Hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Beach Party posted:

Haha, I think the worst one ive heard are the male castonics who say something like "are you a customer... Or a victim?!"

Yeah and 'Watch the attitude, bub.' What's up with that? I just came up to talk to you, jerk! And the male high elves all sound dumb, the female high elves all sound stoned, and there's that female human voice that sounds like a woman in her 60s but of course every female human in the game looks about 19 years old. The voice acting in this game is mostly terrible, is basically my point.

• Locked thread