Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Anyone know if the US DW7: Empires gets Nobunyaga? I certainly hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Didn't DW7: Empires come out today on PSN in NA? I can't seem to find it on there.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I thought it was scheduled for the 26th?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Oh. So it is. I guess I somehow decided it was the 25th along the way. Never mind, then.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
PSN store updates on Tuesdays. When on any given Tuesday it will update is anyone's guess but that's when they do that. Game release dates are always given a day in advance because the game "releases" on that day and takes a day to get to stores or something. They've kept this even though games are digital now :psyduck:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Since if we get DW8 (I really don't doubt we are like a lot of fans are freaking out about but whatever) I doubt we're getting a dub this time since Koei's MO now seems to be "just translate the text and call it a day" it'd be nice if there was a Chinese language voice option since hearing it in the "right" language would be preferable than squeaky anime archetype voices.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I dusted off my PS3 for Ni No Kuni, and now that the game's infuriated me, it'll be nice to have another reason to keep it warm.

edit: I do feel a little irked with Sony's declaration that PS3 PSN purchases won't migrate to the PS4. It's not the expectation I had at all, with how PSP PSN purchases were available for PSVita. Oh well.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?

FH_Meta posted:

Finally managed to beat Raoh in Ken's Rage 2.

Now on to the Hokuto Army and Ein.

I still don't actually know the timing on Raoh's penultimate form, I just got lucky.

I loved the Raoh fight actually-I felt it really gave me a proper feel of the manga in that one. Actually I really enjoyed the boss fights and some of the 'special' fights that they basically lifted from the series as well.

Right now I'm in the process of going through Dream Mode from time to time-Revengeance is my main priority game at the moment, but I plan on eventually going through all the Dream Mode fights. I'm having a lot of fun using Raoh and Shu in the Hokuto/Nanto stories. I actually find Adult Bat a lot of fun as well in the characters. His 'One Last Thing' super is rather hilarious(An obviously Kenshiro-trained lightning kick...followed with a grenade. Decimates the army well.) And I giggle when ever I do Raoh's light-light-heavy combo(the punch into the super punch into the Giant Roundhouse Kick that is essentially his tree-trunk sized leg spinning around and causing an enormous waterfall of blood.)

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

So for some reason I stumbled into this thread a couple weeks ago and just picked up Dynasty Warriors 7 out of curiosity, and it has me hooked. I can totally see where the mediocre reviews come from because the gameplay seems to be pretty repetitive and it has the worst camera I've seen in an action game since the PS1 days, but the story is pretty cool and worth playing along with. I just have a couple questions, and it seems easier to ask them here than in the Before I Play thread: if I'm focusing on story mode first, should I be worried about buying weapons when I get the chance, or is it okay just to roll with whatever I happen to find on the field or get from new characters? Also, is there a certain path I should focus on first in terms of my officer abilities?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Suben posted:

Since if we get DW8 (I really don't doubt we are like a lot of fans are freaking out about but whatever) I doubt we're getting a dub this time since Koei's MO now seems to be "just translate the text and call it a day" it'd be nice if there was a Chinese language voice option since hearing it in the "right" language would be preferable than squeaky anime archetype voices.
Just watch the 2010 live-action series and imagine their voices in place of the Japanese VAs, but yeah the games having Mandarin VAs would be cool; even the Chinese localizations are next-only and using the Japanese voice tracks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's a new trailer for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmwp2P6Rsnk

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
EDIT: I was dumb here.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 26, 2013

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm wondering if I should jump right into CAW fun, or run through it with Lu Meng. Man, Lu Meng was a cool dude. His story is one of my favorites in the Three Kingdoms.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

Shinjobi posted:

I'm wondering if I should jump right into CAW fun, or run through it with Lu Meng. Man, Lu Meng was a cool dude. His story is one of my favorites in the Three Kingdoms.

I'm planning on making a dude and jumping into whatever scenario basically shuffles everybody around into random kingdoms. God, it's going to be hard getting any work done tomorrow.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Lu Meng and his story of working his way up from anti-intellectual soldier to wise, respected, and educated veteran who manages to take out Guan Yu is cool. It's a shame that he's alwasy been really generic in the DW games though.

It'd be kind of nice if they included (well brought back) Ruxukou, and added the earlier Yiling battle (and maybe Jiangling) that happened right after Chibi and maybe Lu Meng taking Changsha, Guiyang, and Lingling to show why he was so respected by Sun Quan.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So how do you get Nobunyaga in DW7:E? This is important :colbert: Is he a DLC thing? I'm guessing KT will just give him away as a "bonus" like they did with the Manga costumes in Ken's Rage 2 over here in North America.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I just played through a bunch of DW7 and having cleared story and conquest mode it feels a little lacking in content. The conquest mode battles feel too limited for me and the story mode stages are character-locked. The story is pretty great the first time through, but only about half the roster is actually used.

Since I can't get XL or Empires due to being a baka gaijin Xbox owner, I'm wondering if WO3 has more replay value (comparable to the earlier WO games). I may just head to that.

EDIT: In the interest of full disclosure I did basically marathon the story mode, so I probably got my $25 worth without really realizing it.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 26, 2013

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So is there any added soundtrack DW7 Empires or is the soundtrack from DW7 with others again?

I find my daily life requiring more buttrock. Im not sure how I feel about that.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Gimnbo posted:

I just played through a bunch of DW7 and having cleared story and conquest mode it feels a little lacking in content. The conquest mode battles feel too limited for me and the story mode stages are character-locked. The story is pretty great the first time through, but only about half the roster is actually used.

Since I can't get XL or Empires due to being a baka gaijin Xbox owner, I'm wondering if WO3 has more replay value (comparable to the earlier WO games). I may just head to that.

EDIT: In the interest of full disclosure I did basically marathon the story mode, so I probably got my $25 worth without really realizing it.

I wouldn't say there's a lot more replayability to WO3, but if you like the series you get a bunch of characters that don't suck and all pretty much have at least one trick to abuse if you want to.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Schlitzkrieg Bop posted:

So for some reason I stumbled into this thread a couple weeks ago and just picked up Dynasty Warriors 7 out of curiosity, and it has me hooked. I can totally see where the mediocre reviews come from because the gameplay seems to be pretty repetitive and it has the worst camera I've seen in an action game since the PS1 days, but the story is pretty cool and worth playing along with. I just have a couple questions, and it seems easier to ask them here than in the Before I Play thread: if I'm focusing on story mode first, should I be worried about buying weapons when I get the chance, or is it okay just to roll with whatever I happen to find on the field or get from new characters? Also, is there a certain path I should focus on first in terms of my officer abilities?

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, by the time you finish story mode with all the kingdoms you'll be rolling in enough money to buy all of the weapons available in that mode and just focus on whatever you like in terms of abilities, you'll get them all eventually anyway.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Shinjobi posted:

It's been nearly a decade since I read the book, but doesn't Lu Meng get driven to insanity by the ghost of Guan Yu?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kingtheninja posted:

It's been nearly a decade since I read the book, but doesn't Lu Meng get driven to insanity by the ghost of Guan Yu?

Well, yeah. But man, up to that point Lu Meng has a pretty awesome story. It's a shame the Shu-bias and the fact that he killed the beloved Guan Yu means Lu Meng gets pooped on in the book.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm planning on rolling with a custom He Jin as the ultimate "gently caress History!" playthrough.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Agean90 posted:

So is there any added soundtrack DW7 Empires or is the soundtrack from DW7 with others again?

I find my daily life requiring more buttrock. Im not sure how I feel about that.

It probably has a few new tracks but I haven't seen anything in particular. It does include all of the music DLC from 7 though so you get a wide selection of music from all the games. If you need a fix right now I made this: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE0692F9E9AD99421

8 and a half hours of buttrock.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm planning on rolling with a custom He Jin as the ultimate "gently caress History!" playthrough.

Make sure you finish the Special Battle for the Yellow Turban Rebellion scenario first if you plan replace him using officer register, He Jin is needed as a generic for the dialogue in the stage, otherwise the game locks it out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Y'all need more Tenka Mewbu in your lives.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Anyway to know which officers are good to replace with your custom? I'd like to join Shu sometime before Chi Bi or Lu Bu's rebellion, but not sure what generic officers have spoken roles in the big scenes.

Edit:

The GIG posted:

From GameFAQs:

Thanks!

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 26, 2013

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The GIG posted:

Make sure you finish the Special Battle for the Yellow Turban Rebellion scenario first if you plan replace him using officer register, He Jin is needed as a generic for the dialogue in the stage, otherwise the game locks it out.

Ooh, thanks for letting me know :tipshat:

Maybe I'll do Kong Rong instead, and have him and Tiashi Ci rock everyone's house.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

From GameFAQs:

quote:

184 YTR: He Jin, Zhang Jiao
(Coalition side only; Mercenary army can join too)

190 Hulao: Yuan Shao, Dong Zhuo, Lu Bu
(Coalition side only; Mercenary army can join too)

200 Guandu: Cao Cao, Yuan Shao
(Cao Cao's side only; must join his faction)

208 Chi Bi: Sun Quan, Cao Cao
(Cao Cao & Liu Bei-Sun Quan sides available; must join either factions)

249 Rise of Jin: Sima Zhao, Liu Shan (Siege of Chengdu event battle)
(Jin side only; must join Jin)

Leave those dudes alone and you have the events available to you.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

SirPhoebos posted:

He Man. :colbert:

No, really.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Saith posted:

He Man. :colbert:

No, really.

Hmm, I forgot about He Man. I may have to do just that.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I call Dong Tuna.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

5er posted:

I call Dong Tuna.

I've already made a Pandaman. I think my next unique character is going to be Yo Lo.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Well, yeah. But man, up to that point Lu Meng has a pretty awesome story. It's a shame the Shu-bias and the fact that he killed the beloved Guan Yu means Lu Meng gets pooped on in the book.
Expand that from Lu Meng to "Wei and Wu in general".

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Finished my first game of DW7:E as a created character who became Marshall to the mighty Tao Qian and conquered the land. I like most of the changes but the fame system needs a bit of balancing just because it seems so easy to max out brave compared to everything else, it's also a bit glitchy and the translation seems worse than usual, but oh well.

I love the feature where other people's characters can appear in your game, even if that means having a lot of anime girls running around.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

The Doomhammer posted:

Finished my first game of DW7:E as a created character who became Marshall to the mighty Tao Qian and conquered the land. I like most of the changes but the fame system needs a bit of balancing just because it seems so easy to max out brave compared to everything else, it's also a bit glitchy and the translation seems worse than usual, but oh well.

I love the feature where other people's characters can appear in your game, even if that means having a lot of anime girls running around.

Is it out now? I thought it dropped tomorrow.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sonata Mused posted:

Is it out now? I thought it dropped tomorrow.

It came out last week I believe in Europe.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

I unironically hope we get some Han characters like He Jin in DW9 for this exact reason. I mean they want to do What Ifs so why not a whole story about it?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
"What if every non-Shu general wasn't dumped on in the book."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Sonata Mused posted:

"What if every non-Shu general wasn't dumped on in the book."
Whenever they're against Shu, that is -- in fairness, there's way, way too many "supportive" moments for the non-Shu cast from Wei and Wu in the novel for them to simply be "building them up as bigger antagonists for Shu".

EDIT: Heads up, this thread has photos of a playthrough of Shu's story mode, which includes screenshots showing the selectable characters for specific stages; for example, for Changban you pick Zhao Yun, Zhuge Liang or Zhang Fei, while for Chengdu (vs. Liu Zhang's forces) you pick Huang Zhong, Pang Tong, Wei Yan or Xu Shu (?!).

Chortles fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 26, 2013