Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Anyone have the name of that Cydia tweak that causes the iOS device to make a sound when you disconnect the USB cable?

I think it just plays the connect sound in reverse..

Captain Apollo posted:

Trying to update to 6.1.2. Backed up. Now trying a restore and I get error 21.

Happen to anybody else?

Nope, but I updated back on Friday..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Anyone have the name of that Cydia tweak that causes the iOS device to make a sound when you disconnect the USB cable?

I think it just plays the connect sound in reverse..

Unpower. It's neat but ended uninstalling it since it doesn't follow volume settings and always plays at the absolute maximum volume which ends up being kinda jarring.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I was hoping for something that I just toss in any emoji (or text) that I wanted to. But it looks like I can make this work. Thanks.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Is there a big difference between Activator and Zephyr?

I'd like to add shortcuts (swipes) to switch between applications and open the multitask bar but both utilities seem to have the same functionaity, but Activator can of course add other shortcuts so it seems better?

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I think lots of different things rely on Activator, so you'll probably (depending on what you run) have it installed. I like Zephyr a little bit better for swiping, but have no problems with either.

e: And the Quasar dev said he got it working on his iPad mini, so maybe another week or two before we see a release.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Just did my update to 6.1.2, and I used OpenBackup, as the only tweaks I installed were 6.x.x compatible, and it went flawlessly. All my tweaks and settings were restored without issue, and now I'm future-proofed against 6.1.3.

1-Download OpenBackup off Cydia, back up in the app.
2-Backup to iTunes
3-Restore>Update>Restore from backup
4-Jailbreak
5-Download OpenBackup again, and restore

Very painless, especially if you download the 6.1.2 update in iTunes ahead of time.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Captain Apollo posted:

Trying to update to 6.1.2. Backed up. Now trying a restore and I get error 21.

Happen to anybody else?

Have you edited your hosts file to downgrade before?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Is it kosher to ask if there exists a PSX emulator that can be run on a jailbroken iPhone 5? I'll change my post if it's not.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
How exactly were you planning on controlling a PSX game via your iPhone?

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I bought PSX4ALL, but it doesn't support the iphone 5 screen, or ipads. In fact, all around it's a pretty mediocre experience. Very low res, glitchy sound. Pretty disappointing, since I'd love to be able to play all the RPGs from the PSX on the go. I mean, it'll get the job done, but it's far from ideal.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Wario In Real Life posted:

How exactly were you planning on controlling a PSX game via your iPhone?

Same as I do every other emulator and most iOS games - through imaginary buttons on the screen. I just want to play Suikoden again, so controls aren't a big issue.

quote:

I bought PSX4ALL, but it doesn't support the iphone 5 screen, or ipads. In fact, all around it's a pretty mediocre experience. Very low res, glitchy sound. Pretty disappointing, since I'd love to be able to play all the RPGs from the PSX on the go. I mean, it'll get the job done, but it's far from ideal.

Is there some special way to buy PSX4ALL on an iPhone 5, though? It just says "recheck" on Cydia. Apparently Zodttd is working on an update to it for iPhone 5 compatibility, but I wasn't sure if my inability to purchase the current version was due to being on an iPhone 5 or not.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 26, 2013

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Is there any reason I shouldn't apply the new jailbreak while my device is still restoring from iCloud? It's just downloading apps/save data -- so I assume it will resume doing so after the jailbreak? Or should I wait until it's done restoring from iCloud backup first?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Nickoten posted:

Is it kosher to ask if there exists a PSX emulator that can be run on a jailbroken iPhone 5? I'll change my post if it's not.

Emulator talk is completely kosher here, the rules are against rom/iso talk

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 26, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

randyest posted:

Is there any reason I shouldn't apply the new jailbreak while my device is still restoring from iCloud? It's just downloading apps/save data -- so I assume it will resume doing so after the jailbreak? Or should I wait until it's done restoring from iCloud backup first?

I would wait.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

So I just reset my phone planning to update it to 6.1.2 and it's been sitting at the "spinning circle lines thing" screen for nearly an hour now. Should it be taking this long? Is there anything I can do? Holding down the power button does nothing.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Power + Home for 10 seconds.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Anyone know where I can find the stock Ipad wallpaper backgrounds from previous versions?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Wario In Real Life posted:

Power + Home for 10 seconds.

Just did this and apparently after all this time nothing was deleted? Am I doing this right?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

Just did this and apparently after all this time nothing was deleted? Am I doing this right?

What do you mean you "reset" your phone? Was it already jailbroken or not?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yeah. don't I want to restore it to factory conditions, then update it, then restore my backup, then jailbreak it again?

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
If you tried using the reset phone button in settings while jailbroken- it doesn't work on jailbroken devices- which is why you are stuck where you are.

You restore/set it up on the computer and then jailbreak.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

Yeah. don't I want to restore it to factory conditions, then update it, then restore my backup, then jailbreak it again?

Did you press either "Reset All Settings" or "Erase All Content and Settings"

That is not what you want to do, no. There are directions here in the last few pages somewhere.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

edit: that ^^^ gladly it didn't work/gently caress things up.

I see. Doing it now, thanks!

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
For any Jailbreakers that haven't been able to use the Xfinity Player app to watch any content, there is a simple workaround: use the Xfinity Remote app, it works just fine and you can watch anything OnDemand from your Xfinity account.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is there anything for the Gmail app like the BrowserChanger thing, so it opens stuff that normally uses mail.app in the Gmail one instead?

Also, is there anything jailbroken or app store that allows me to view a .swf site? I tried Puffin, and I got no sound from it.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Is there anything for the Gmail app like the BrowserChanger thing, so it opens stuff that normally uses mail.app in the Gmail one instead?

There used to be one called Make Gmail Default but it's disappeared from Cydia :(

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Also, is there anything jailbroken or app store that allows me to view a .swf site? I tried Puffin, and I got no sound from it.
Is that flash? If so, iSwifter or SkyFire (no JB required.)

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Damnit. I downloaded the update to the Boston Bruin's app from the appstore and that blew up my icons worse than the last time. Why are appstore downloads breaking my folders so hard?

This time, regardless of reboots / resprings, some icons aren't coming back.

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 26, 2013

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

So before updating to 6.12, which I royally screwed the pooch on in regards to backing up my Cydia apps, my status bar was fine. Post upgrade and after re-installing (possibly) all of my Cydia apps my status bar now has the tint you see above when on the springboard.

I've tried Transparent Status Bar, Clear Statusbar for Winterboard as well as a bunch of other options. Nothing makes it stop. I've turned themes on and off, removed SBSettings and can't seem to find it. Anyone have a hint as to how to kill the status bar shadow/colour/hue/gradient?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

headcas3 posted:

So before updating to 6.12, which I royally screwed the pooch on in regards to backing up my Cydia apps, my status bar was fine. Post upgrade and after re-installing (possibly) all of my Cydia apps my status bar now has the tint you see above when on the springboard.

I've tried Transparent Status Bar, Clear Statusbar for Winterboard as well as a bunch of other options. Nothing makes it stop. I've turned themes on and off, removed SBSettings and can't seem to find it. Anyone have a hint as to how to kill the status bar shadow/colour/hue/gradient?

Did you install f.lux?

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
It would be pretty cool to see some setups/lists of installed packages for those of us who are less knowledgable/creative.

I've been reading through the thread, but some of its a whirlwind.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008
So there is a new icon in the bar at the top of my screen that looks like the Notifications icon. Is there an easy way to hide this? I don't remember it being there pre-jailbreak.

Installed apps: BiteSMS, LockInfo (beta), SBSettings

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Xithyl posted:

It would be pretty cool to see some setups/lists of installed packages for those of us who are less knowledgable/creative.

I've been reading through the thread, but some of its a whirlwind.

Experiment? There's really nothing stopping you from exploring Cyida, and trying out all sorts of things.

Some neat things that I find indispensable are:

AppCent - % indicator on AppStore downloads
Auxo - Switcher replacement with System Toggles
BrowserChanger - Set default browser to...
FakeClockUp - UI acceleration
Nitrous - WebKit acceleration (I think? I downloaded it on recommendation here)
SwipeBright - Brightenss adjustment via slide gesture on status bar
NCSettings - Instead of SBSettings
Bolt - Battery indicator
Zeppelin - Change Carrier text to any logo
ActiveDock - I just started using this last night, it changes the dock to an OSX type dock with bouncing, etc.

Some MobileSubstrate stuff I've got going on are:

Bars - Signal Strength Meter, have 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 bars of wireless signal.
NoNewsIsGoodNews - Newsstand remover
NoSpot - No Spotlight
ResetAllKiller - No Reset all buttons
Software Update Killer - Disable software updatel hide app badges
Unpower - Plays USB connect sound in reverse upon disconnection

Hope that helps. All of these work flwalessly together in 6.1.2

Does a tweak exist that allows multiple pages in folders only? I don't need 5 icon docks, or Folders in folders, I'm just looking to put more than the standard amount in a folder. I'm concerned about obliterating my current home screen loadout.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
So I updated to 6.1.2 and installed the jailbreak and stuff, and then I downloaded TinyUmbrella to backup my blobs. However apparently TinyUmbrella doesn't support my Korean iPhone 5 for whatever reason. So how would I go about backing up my blobs?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
f.lux - warms the hue of your screen at night
CyDelete - means you can delete some Cydia apps just like you'd delete AppStore apps
Lockscreen Clock Hide - hides the clock on your lockscreen
MobileTerminal - terminal emulator on your phone
Veency - VNC server for your phone
ShowCase - If you're typing in upper case, the keyboard is upper case; if you're typing in lower case, the keyboard is lower case
SpringFlash + SBSettings toggle - turn on the LED flash to use it as a torch
xCon - hide your jailbreak status on apps that don't like it
Zephyr - swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the switcher

Blimpkin posted:

Does a tweak exist that allows multiple pages in folders only? I don't need 5 icon docks, or Folders in folders, I'm just looking to put more than the standard amount in a folder. I'm concerned about obliterating my current home screen loadout.

Infinifolders, it's $1.99 on the BigBoss repo

cryptoclastic posted:

So I updated to 6.1.2 and installed the jailbreak and stuff, and then I downloaded TinyUmbrella to backup my blobs. However apparently TinyUmbrella doesn't support my Korean iPhone 5 for whatever reason. So how would I go about backing up my blobs?

Cydia saves your SHSH blobs.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 26, 2013

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

onoflalks posted:

Cydia saves your SHSH blobs.

Not for a long time now. Apple has blocked the Cydia caching service from accessing gs.apple.com, so it can't pull and cache SHSHes.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I'm pretty sure Software Update Killer is redundant with the evasi0n untether installed.

To add to the tweaks already posted:

BiteSMS - better SMS handling over the entire OS
Browser Changer - to use 3rd party browsers instead of Safari (very useful with Nitrous); can also set Google Maps as stock Map app for map links
BytaFont - change your boring font to Sansation or Hattori Hanzo
iFile - manage your filesystem when needed
LowPowerBanner - kills the vibration when connected to power and displays low power popups as banners instead
OpenSSH - SSH into your phone. Very useful to fix your phone if it won't boot. Make sure to change your passwords!
RespringCacheFix - from the repo rpetri.ch/repo/; autodeletes the cache files that accumulate every time you respring. Fixes a fairly critical iOS 6.x bug
SwipeSelection - move the cursor or select text by swiping left or right on the keyboard. Sucks on the iPad, but amazing on an iPhone
TetherMe - unlock tethering for devices that don't have tethering plans
Zeppelin - hide your carrier logo or replace it with a different one

Also, My3G and 3G Unrestrictor are OK, but not super necessary anymore. I spend a lot of time on the road driving, and either app lets me start an App download from the Store from the road, even if it's over 50MB. Very useful when used in combination with something like AppShopper, for those awesome games that go free for hours only that you don't really want to fork over for.

bobfather fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 26, 2013

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

cryptoclastic posted:

Download iSHSHit from Cydia and have it emailed to yourself.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish someone would make something like Atooma for iOS. I would do so much poo poo with it. But mainly I'd like a toggle (automatic or NC/SBSetting) for displaying all music or just downloaded music with iTunes Match. Ideally this would be disabled whenever I drop off wifi.

Actually connecting/disconnecting from specific wifi location as triggers to Reminders would also be loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

pseudonordic posted:

Did you install f.lux?

Not before or after. I played with the issue some more last night and no matter what I tried to isolate I couldn't get it to stop.

Modern Pragmatist posted:

So there is a new icon in the bar at the top of my screen that looks like the Notifications icon. Is there an easy way to hide this? I don't remember it being there pre-jailbreak.

Installed apps: BiteSMS, LockInfo (beta), SBSettings

It's LockInfo I think. I installed it briefly to check it out and saw the same thing.

• Locked thread