Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Which the list is:

• Twilight Saga
  • Batman And Robin
  • Catwoman
  • Spider-Man 3
  • Super Mario Brothers
  • Battlefield Earth
  • Jack And Jill - Dear god no, not even a Rifftrax version.
  • Son of the Mask
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

EDIT: And it's funded already, haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liar Lyre posted:

In case anybody didn't read the kickstarter page, if they can't get Twilight they will go down their list of crappy movies until somebody says yes. I really hope they do get Twilight.

Ditto, well its now funded and just collecting excess cash now. 90 minutes to get $55K, that's pretty drat impressive.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Hah, they made it already!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That took all of, what, 2 or 3 hours? :v:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
As much as I hate the Fry "JUST TAKE MY MONEY" image macro, that really does summarize the feelings for this.

Hell, I just threw in $15 for the three shorts and free Rifftrax!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know the content is dated for August, but I kinda hope the shorts get posted sooner then that. I really want to see their take on Mr B Natural.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That took all of, what, 2 or 3 hours? :v:

85 minutes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

IUG posted:

Which the list is:

• Twilight Saga
  • Batman And Robin
  • Catwoman
  • Spider-Man 3
  • Super Mario Brothers
  • Battlefield Earth
  • Jack And Jill - Dear god no, not even a Rifftrax version.
  • Son of the Mask
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

EDIT: And it's funded already, haha!

gently caress the first five.

Super Mario Bros. is an option? Holy poo poo, please, god, yes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IUG posted:

85 minutes.

Jesus, that's quite a feat :stare:

Lobst
Mar 28, 2002

~HUG LIFE~
Pitched in $30! Three exclusive shorts + a preorder of the live-show VOD + the ability to hear these guys say "Lobst" is well worth the asking price. I'm so glad they reached the goal so quickly -- Kickstarter is a great metric for seeing how much goodwill you have from fans, and these guys clearly have it in spades. :D

Failing Twilight, I'm hoping they're able to get either Super Mario Brothers or a Batman & Robin riff that isn't written by forum members.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

gently caress the first five.

Super Mario Bros. is an option? Holy poo poo, please, god, yes.

Indeed, I enjoyed the hell out of the existing Twilight riff and would take everyone I know to see it live, but I'd go bonkers for SMB the Movie to be done.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Threw in $40.

The speed of which this thing is going is staggering :stare:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I hate this trend of people hyping big announcements and it turning out to be for a Kickstarter. But my love for Rifftrax trumps that. I threw in some money to get all the shorts. I'm hoping they don't get Twilight though. Would love to see Mario done.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Lobst posted:

Failing Twilight, I'm hoping they're able to get either Super Mario Brothers or a Batman & Robin riff that isn't written by forum members.

I wouldn't be against a new version of B&R, but I really enjoyed the forum-sourced version.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm in for $30 since I have all of the available commentaries.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Deadpool posted:

I hate this trend of people hyping big announcements and it turning out to be for a Kickstarter. But my love for Rifftrax trumps that. I threw in some money to get all the shorts. I'm hoping they don't get Twilight though. Would love to see Mario done.

Have you heard the currently available Twilight RiffTrax? It's in the running for top 5 they've ever done. And it even manages to make that movie somewhat bearable!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Have you heard the currently available Twilight RiffTrax? It's in the running for top 5 they've ever done. And it even manages to make that movie somewhat bearable!

Yeah, I know. I love it. But the point is that Mario is something I've never heard and really want to hear. I mean I'll be excited for Twilight as well, but I'd be way more excited for Mario. I've never even seen the full Mario movie. All I've seen is that little clip they already riffed for IGN last year. So I'd be all over a live Mario riff.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Twilight riff is easily one of the best (I rank it #3) because I actually got a room full of men to sit down and intently watch Twilight. That's some voodoo black magic poo poo.

See also: Titanic (my #2 pick).(#1 is Day After Tomorrow, since I haven't stated this in nearly 4 weeks)

But seriously, a LIVE Rifftrax of Super Mario Bros. is something I could only dream of as a stark raving mad "I've bought every short, riff, and VOD Rifftrax has put out" mega fanboy. PLEASE make this happen.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

gfanikf posted:

I could honestly see Pattinson doing it, he hates the movies with a passion.

If they got Kristen Stewart to just say "...Line?" every time there was a long pause, it would kill me.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Current total: $80,849

:stare:

Mike, Kevin, Bill, you are evil geniuses and I love you all for it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

At this rate, they're gonna have enough to do all 5 Twilight movies by tomorrow.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
Come on Summit. Be a bro and make this happen.

Rifftrax is the only reason I've seen that drat movie twice. Of course I bought it used, but the fact that I was able to work up the courage to walk up to the cash register of a used bookstore I frequent with that movie in my hand means something.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
I'm only half ashamed to admit I snatched up one of the $200 rewards. I actually haven't seen the Twilight Rifftrax; skeptical me assumed that even THEY couldn't make that film bearable. Good to know it's a classic riff, I'll hold off and enjoy it for the first time at the live show.

They're probably going to end up with a quarter million by the time this is over!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Current total: $80,849

:stare:

Mike, Kevin, Bill, you are evil geniuses and I love you all for it.

$88,226
I want to see a drat money truck now, cause they're going to need it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I've seen the Twilight Rifftrax at least 20 times. It's how I introduce friends both female and male to Rifftrax. It has 100% success rate.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I would loving love to see Mario or the Happening riffed lived.

But who am I kidding, I'll be there no matter what they do. They are going to be making a crazy amount of thank you videos.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now its $92,255. I'm pretty sure they will hit 100K by the end of the night, if not more.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

McBain and Cool as Ice are both goon-approved, right?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

fenix down posted:

God yes.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

gfanikf posted:

I could honestly see Pattinson doing it, he hates the movies with a passion.

I know they could get at least some of the people from the movie interested. I met Michael Welch, who plays the normal guy in a couple of the movies, when I was working backstage on a play he was in. I showed him the riff of the movie, and he seemed really excited to have the guys from MST3K make fun of him.

Now, I need to decide how much of my money I'm giving them for this thing.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I put in my $30. I really, really hope they actually get the rights to Twilight. I mean, another major movie would be okay, but Twilight with Rifftrax is my favorite comedy, and just imagining the group of people I'll be able to convince to go see it with me makes me giddy.

Super excited for the shorts. Norman is my buddy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

fenix down posted:

Twenty-five minutes into Cool As Ice and I want to burn my TV.

:wtc:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Cool as Ice is like a really hot hot tub. Or your first tattoo.

It's a total shock to the system and you'll panic and withdraw, but as it goes on you kinda slip into it and wonder how you ever lived without it.

I wanted desperately to turn it off when the circus music hillbillies showed up, but by the time we're schlinging schlongs I'm so relaxed and letting it wash over me in a wave of heinous early 90's insanity.

Also, McBain is really good.

And for gently caress's sake, if you don't have The Guy from Harlem you're doing it all wrong. That is, by far, their VOD masterpiece.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"The Guy From Harlem!"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
And it just hit $100,000.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Llllllllllllllllllllllllllllladies. In for $35 because I actually tried to watch Twilight, got about 15 minutes in and gave up. Got the rifftrax and now have watched it three times. Can't wait to go see it live with some other friends.

I didn't like Cold as Ice. It was a terrible movie I enjoyed making my own fun of, but just didn't think the rifftrax pushed it into hilarity. McBain was great though. My favorite all-time still is BIRDEMIC!.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

One of my favorite parts of Cool as Ice (after all the schlong shlinging):

(Girl and rapist BF are walking to her house)
Vanilla Ice: Yep yep!
BF: What the hell is that?
Mike: Thank you!

I really like Cool as Ice, it's no Guy From Harlem ... but that's on a whole other level.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And for gently caress's sake, if you don't have The Guy from Harlem you're doing it all wrong. That is, by far, their VOD masterpiece.
There are TWO REASONS to watch it!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm watching Guy From Harlem now after buying it when it came out. It's so hard to watch. Also, holy poo poo the masseuse thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

fenix down posted:

There are TWO REASONS to watch it!

Harry and Small-Boobed Jessica Simpson.

• Locked thread