Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Crustashio posted:

"Scion" decal is the best part.
My favorite part is the completely pointless fan in the intake pipe that only serves to restrict airflow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Was that jeep stung by a bee? It's seriously the worst possible thing, and then to wreck it further by sticking it on a dart platform!?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
What's wrong with the Dart platform, aside from using it for an SUV (which is pretty dumb I agree)?

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

What's wrong with the Dart platform, aside from using it for an SUV (which is pretty dumb I agree)?

There's nothing at all wrong with it, except when the vehicle using it had this as its predecessor:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Jeep hasn't made a solid offroad contender (alright, except the wrangler...) since like 05, whenever the WJs lost their solid front axle and became the WK, and they never will again, I'm sure. Like has already been said, their point is to make shiny status symbols for suburbanites.

The JK 2 door is the CJ/YJ/TJ replacement (and pretty good at it), the JK 4 door is the XJ/ZJ replacement, and good at it. Pity they cost so much money, I might buy one in ten years.

The 4 doors are really long and low with stock tires on, but slap an inch or three of lift and some 35s or 37s on and they clean up pretty good.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

The King of Swag posted:

There's nothing at all wrong with it, except when the vehicle using it had this as its predecessor:

How many people actually did this to a brand new Jeep? Most of the modified rock crawlers are bought used. It's a family car first and foremost, and an overwhelming majority of new car buyers don't give a poo poo about its hardcore offroad potential.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

God that new Jeep is something special. Why couldn't they just use the current Patriot look? It looks almost exactly like a Cherokee anyways. Just slap a RWD setup on that and make the engine bay big enough for a 4.0 and call it a day. I would have bought something like that in a heartbeat.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

kastein posted:

Jeep hasn't made a solid offroad contender (alright, except the wrangler...) since like 05, whenever the WJs lost their solid front axle and became the WK, and they never will again, I'm sure. Like has already been said, their point is to make shiny status symbols for suburbanites.

The JK 2 door is the CJ/YJ/TJ replacement (and pretty good at it), the JK 4 door is the XJ/ZJ replacement, and good at it. Pity they cost so much money, I might buy one in ten years.

The 4 doors are really long and low with stock tires on, but slap an inch or three of lift and some 35s or 37s on and they clean up pretty good.

You can roll 33s without any lift at all. You MAY rub at full lock, depending on exactly which tire/wheel combo. 35s with a 2" budget boost. Factory tires are 32s unless you get the bottom of the barrel like mine (29 I think).

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"I dunno, man. The bass is a bit lean."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmB-ImzZT94

:stare:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

KozmoNaut posted:

Every person and thing in that video fits what I would expect. Lambo doors, the two guys, the chick.... 100% to expectation.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I wanna do the inverse of this and hold competitions to see who has the most sensitive hearing aids.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

I wanna do the inverse of this and hold competitions to see who has the most sensitive hearing aids.

I wanna do a competition where the goal is to have the most powerful tweeters. Instant tinnitus for everyone!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KozmoNaut posted:

I wanna do a competition where the goal is to have the most powerful tweeters. Instant tinnitus for everyone!

Paging Skrylexx :v

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

KozmoNaut posted:

It'd be cool just to see the heads of nearby small animals explode.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

It'd be cool just to see the heads of nearby small animals explode.

Hollow Point Pellets do the same thing.

I would also like to see a wall of tweeters and 10kW of power run through them.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

We followed for as long as practical hoping for some carnage.

What goes through someone's head to convince them this is a good idea?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Motronic posted:

We followed for as long as practical hoping for some carnage.

What goes through someone's head to convince them this is a good idea?

Probably, not much at all, until it's the other half of that ladder being propelled into the back of it, using the c pillar as a fulcrum.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

KozmoNaut posted:

I was hoping to at least see ear plugs.

Nope.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

KozmoNaut posted:

How the hell did that windshield not shatter? I must be buying lovely windshields.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
It can probably stand up to a ton of undulation in that way, windshields are just lovely once you introduce a small defect into them like a chip or crack. It'd be awesome if there was a rock chip in there as you could probably watch it propagate when that idiot cranks the bass up.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

04ish mustang, almost stepped on this dudes body kit on the way out of the restaurant.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/auction-564226819.htm

welp yep yep yeah hmm

(Major bonus points for the interior made out of a duvet and plastic diamondplate)

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
That car sure got beaten with the ugly stick. But that ad makes me sad. She told him to get rid of it, put the ad up and said he'll be sad to see it go. Bitch.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Says it was his first car too, that really sucks. It'd be easy enough to fix the ugliness but I have no idea if that is a good price for a MR2.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Holy poo poo that used to be an MR2. That literally just occurred to me, without clicking the ad I thought it was a 240SX.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Holy poo poo that used to be an MR2. That literally just occurred to me, without clicking the ad I thought it was a 240SX.

I can't see the 240SX in it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Me neither now that I know what it is. Just scrolling over it quickly my brain said "destroyed 240SX, human tragedy beyond all comprehension" and didn't even register the targa top.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Heh, I noticed the mr2 vents, but I couldn't see anything other than a nostril firebird.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Given this is NZ, a workable (with factory-original oil leaks) MR2 Turbo can be had for $2000-$3000; for $10,000 you're in beat up R32 GTR territory.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Spades posted:

Given this is NZ, a workable (with factory-original oil leaks) MR2 Turbo can be had for $2000-$3000; for $10,000 you're in beat up R32 GTR territory.

A 90/91 turbo completely std would be worth around a grand here, maybe a bit more if it was tidy.

That car just gets worse the more I keep looking at it, ok so its a purple veilside with chromies which is terrible. But then I notice the checkerplate mudflaps, the vented frunk that goes nowhere, outboard gauges, tinfoil front half splitter, ebay cai completely exposed coming out of the side vent a million miles away from the afm and a bunch of other stuff man im spergin so bad right now.

Oh god I didnt get to the interior shots :gonk:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Painted by Nub Grafix, famous from his work on Orange County Choppers. Dude can paint really good, and if you have terrible taste he will still take your money. Where was this taken? I think I've seen this car before.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Sounds about right. This was in New Paltz.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Special edition GT type-r WRX

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Me neither now that I know what it is. Just scrolling over it quickly my brain said "destroyed 240SX, human tragedy beyond all comprehension" and didn't even register the targa top.

I did the exact same thing except my brain said "Destroyed Probe".

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Haha wheeler dealers is on now and the are building a cheap drift skyline. This will surely end well.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

bisticles posted:

That totally figures, haha. Man I haven't been to New Paltz in years even though I'm like 20 minutes away. That car should totally be parked outside of Joe's on a Friday night.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

That totally figures, haha. Man I haven't been to New Paltz in years even though I'm like 20 minutes away. That car should totally be parked outside of Joe's on a Friday night.

I wish I could find my old posts in here. There was a VW done up in dazzle paint a while ago.

Immortaldonut
Apr 22, 2008

bisticles posted:

I thought that building looked awfully familiar...
I wish I had a picture of the awful Fierorarri I saw outside Stop and Shop a few years ago, complete with orange spray-tan girl with pale pink lipstick in the passenger seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Spades posted:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/auction-564226819.htm

welp yep yep yeah hmm

(Major bonus points for the interior made out of a duvet and plastic diamondplate)

The piece I enjoy is the pod filter sticking out of the body kit in the first pic and this gem.

Rego been put on hold since 2006 was warranted in 2006 and hasn't changed have not started car for a while.

Its been in the garage for 6+ years.