Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I would prefer the dude who played Niles as Mr. Bear. He's not British, but then again Cornelius has been in the States for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Cornelius is the old bunny from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. No need for further discussion.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
But what about the worst picks for voice acting?

Like Flava Flav for Cornelius Bear?
...Will Ferrell for Roast Beef?
...Steve Martin as Pat?
...Abe Vigoda as Phillippe?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Gilbert Gottfried as Lyle

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
You may not remember a certain strip made before the characters really had their voices defined BUT, Cornelius is a pretty large Flava Flav fan :colbert:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10242001

This one always makes me happy for some reason, I think it's the very idea of a blinking tooth.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
As if I would forget that.
It seems more likely that you've forgotten Mr. Bear later turned his back on rap, and indeed, all Rap persons.
:goonsay:

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I'm super enthused about this, but I wonder if any network has the nuts to show something like ROCK HARD CAT COCK

Or roasted up ding dong

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Here's a lightly-edited set of panels, in case anyone is wanting some Achewood wallpaper to celebrate the news of a possibility.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Nick Swardson as Magreaux Dog.

Magreaux Dog must be mercilessly taunted and shunned at every opportunity, with one of the voice actors eventually breaking character and yelling at Swardson, telling him to "just go gently caress off and die".

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Worst picks for voice acting:

Roast Beef - Ken Jeong
Ray - Kelsey Grammar
Pat - Alec Baldwin
Cornelius - Jon H. Benjamin
Lyle - Tom Kenny
T-t-t-todd - nobody can do a bad Todd
Phillipe - Marc Maron
Teodor - Eugene Mirman

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

1. The first episode needs a cold open with "RAP MUSIC, MY DROOGS!"
2. Every episode's credits should feature an alt-text gag in it. If only to remind us that we can do whatever we want to in life.

EDIT: Big Smoke from GTA:San Andreas for Ray.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

2. Every episode's credits should feature an alt-text gag in it. If only to remind us that we can do whatever we want to in life.

If this doesn't happen in some way, I will not watch.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I can only hear Lyle as Sam Kinison. And I have half a notion that Steve Buscemi would be a great Todd.

The obvious choice for Cornelius is Michael Caine. But it's obvious on the level of "deep voice? get Michael Clarke Duncan" so maybe not.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I'm excited about the possibility of a show, mostly in hopes that these two comics get animated.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12052005

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02112009

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I'm excited about the possibility of a show, mostly in hopes that these two comics get animated.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12052005

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02112009

Those and several other examples are all the evidence anyone needs that Achewood will totally work in motion.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

robot roll call posted:

Those and several other examples are all the evidence anyone needs that Achewood will totally work in motion.

I personally am looking forward to this.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

For Lyle's voice, I wanna make a case for Lemmy doing a southern American accent poorly.

EDIT: Man, don't go back to the humble beginnings of this thread y'all. Some of my first posts ever on the forums were toward the beginning, and then Onstad himself shows up, and...memories. I am filled with sadness and regret.

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 26, 2013

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Roland Jones posted:

I personally am looking forward to this.

And I am looking forward to this.

But most of all THIS assuming they could afford the rights. Actually a party episode would be excellent for the show in general.

robot roll call fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 26, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I saw all the new posts in the thread, I thought either something very good or VERY bad had happened. It turned out to be the former, I'm so glad I decided to have optimism!

Also, I would love to see I AM THE DEATH SOUND! animated.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cornelius is Hugh Bonneville, no questions asked.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Apart from when someone (another goon, I think) suggested that Todd's voice should be that of a slightly sped-up Joe Pesci, I don't really have any specific actors in mind when reading the strips for the Achewood gang. Ray to me sounds like a suburban white guy who's big into hip-hop, Beef sounds like another suburban white guy who's shy and depressed, Cornelius sounds like a stereotypical refined British guy, Molly sounds like some of the Welsh women I know or have seen on the TV, Showbiz sounds like Beef only with less depression (and shyness, and inhibitions, and manners), and so on. So I don't have any real specific casting ideas to share, is what I'm sayin'. :v: I do agree that David Cross would make an excellent Pat, though.

Also I would like to see this animated as a throwaway gag just before the end credits of an episode, with the song from the alt text playing as the credits roll. :black101:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerusalem posted:

When I saw all the new posts in the thread, I thought either something very good or VERY bad had happened. It turned out to be the former, I'm so glad I decided to have optimism!

Also, I would love to see I AM THE DEATH SOUND! animated.

Well, they've got Ray The Godfather of Souls animated, so chances there are good.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Also I would like to see this animated as a throwaway gag just before the end credits of an episode, with the song from the alt text playing as the credits roll. :black101:

Step into my portal...to the FUTURE!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

robot roll call posted:

Step into my portal...to the FUTURE!

Oh! That is truly the limit.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Javid posted:

But it's obvious on the level of "deep voice? get Michael Clarke Duncan" so maybe not.

you know he's dead right?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I don't know how they're gonna manage this when every episode's credits should be another Great Moment In Cinema brought to you by Roomba! The Robotic Floor Vac. :colbert:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Maduo posted:

I don't know how they're gonna manage this when every episode's credits should be another Great Moment In Cinema brought to you by Roomba! The Robotic Floor Vac. :colbert:

Tomorrow's episode: Chicken

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Man, it seems like every single post that I make in this thread is me schooling the lot of you on who everyone should be voiced by.

Ray is Samuel L. Jackson, Beef is Snoop Dogg (although I like the Hannibal Buress suggestion), Lyle is Artie Lange, Cornelius is Sir Richard Attenborough, Pat is Rodger Bumpass (Squidward from Spongebob), Teodor could be anybody and Philippe is five.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

Satorr posted:

Ray right behind him. Though I must admit when I first started reading Achewood I sometimes imagined Ray as Big Smoke from GTA San Andreas.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Let's face it, he's more OG Loc.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This strip's third line of panels rings true to me, for it accurately reflects how I treat my little brothers.

(I do not treat my little brothers this way, much as I sometimes want to, because that would be terrible. Every time I see this strip I laugh incredulously because holy poo poo Téodor.)

...Unrelated, I just had the weirdest revelation. Roast Beef, Pat, and others who usually don't wear pants or clothes at all, we never see their junk, unless they happen to put some clothes on in which case the chances of junk appearing are about 50-50. Hell, Ray didn't have junk until he put his thong on. These are the thoughts that come to me at two in the morning.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

1. The first episode needs a cold open with "RAP MUSIC, MY DROOGS!"

If every episode in the first season doesn't open with a different "Lie Bot, what is the saddest thing" segment, this show will have been a failure.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The first episode shouldn't even have opening credits: just fade in to everyone standing in front of Teodor's door for the party.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RZApublican posted:

If every episode in the first season doesn't open with a different "Lie Bot, what is the saddest thing" segment, this show will have been a failure.

Philippe is standing on it. :colbert:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RZApublican posted:

I'd settle for one at the start of each season, personally, but this would be good.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The first episode shouldn't even have opening credits: just fade in to everyone standing in front of Teodor's door for the party.

This works too, though.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Silhouette posted:

Lyle is Artie Lange

This is inspired. I'd still say Sam Kinison over that, but, well, he's dead, so there we are.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I feel like Seth Rogen would work as Teodor

How the hell do you cast Nice Pete? :stare:

Who is the most eerie soft spoken American breadbasket gentleman we can go with?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Loving Life Partner posted:

Who is the most eerie soft spoken American breadbasket gentleman we can go with?

Mr. Rogers, if he were alive.
Super excited to see where this leads. I don't mind the animation, since I always figured Achewood would have a non traditional style.

Larry Horseplay
Oct 24, 2002

Chris Cooper for Nice Pete.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Nice Pete has always sounded exactly like baby cakes to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

This guy: http://youtu.be/K2orgTQ-82s?t=16s

Needs to bulk up a bit maybe, but his presence is definitely unnerving. Wouldn't make a difference for voice acting, I guess.

Attenborough makes sense for Cornelius, but this guy would be even better were he still alive:

Fruits of the sea posted:

I always imagined Cornelius as Alistaire Cooke. He was a classy guy.

The show even nailed Cornelius' room. The dude has a martini and a very generous glass of wine going at the same time.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 26, 2013