Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DB05
Jun 24, 2005
Summer Time

Tamoka posted:

I forgot how sloooow leveling actually was in Vanilla... Bleh, I'd much rather jump right into action with you guys.

Limited action right now, the majority of the guild in under 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

Tamoka posted:

I forgot how sloooow leveling actually was in Vanilla... Bleh, I'd much rather jump right into action with you guys.

Nothing like running for 10 minutes to do a quest, run back, and turn it in for 1k exp and 2 silver. I forgot about single grave yards per zone, 5 minutes to get back to your corpse and everything has re-spawned just waiting to gang rape you again.

Csixtyfour fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 23, 2013

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

In as TubbaBlubba.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Csixtyfour posted:

Nothing like running for 10 minutes to do a quest, run back, and turn it in for 1k exp and 2 silver. I forgot about single grave yards per zone, 5 minutes to get back to your corpse and everything has re-spawned just waiting to gang rape you again.

Not to mention cave spawn rates on this server. :stare:

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Tamoka posted:

Will be a while before I'm in STV.

Asking about what it does in guildchat or mocking it got some of us caged by Tanners...

After much consideration;

LGW_STV 0.9.1
Kill a dude in STV, you get a reward. If you die, you get a consolation prize. Also, some other stuff. Just err... install it.
Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5uhal430fuh0ep/LGW_STV-0.99.1.zip

(go kill a horde in stv or die trying)

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

A Tartan Tory posted:

Not to mention cave spawn rates on this server. :stare:

I've skirted the outskirts of caves as much as possible because of that.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It feels off topic, but this is probably the best place to ask!

How come there are no TBC private servers? There are hundreds of vanilla servers, with probably one out of hundred worth a drat, and I've even been at a fairly stable WotLK one, but.. Wasn't TBC popular? It sure was my favourite era of WoW, and it's confusing me to no end how there's never been, to my knowledge, a private server aimed at that experience. I've seen Wrath bosses scripted as they were in retail WoW, so surely it's not a scripting problem?

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

THE BAR posted:

It feels off topic, but this is probably the best place to ask!

How come there are no TBC private servers? There are hundreds of vanilla servers, with probably one out of hundred worth a drat, and I've even been at a fairly stable WotLK one, but.. Wasn't TBC popular? It sure was my favourite era of WoW, and it's confusing me to no end how there's never been, to my knowledge, a private server aimed at that experience. I've seen Wrath bosses scripted as they were in retail WoW, so surely it's not a scripting problem?

https://www.wow-one.com/

Archangel TBC 2.4.3

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

E: Also, I'm a dunce who can't read, there's a TBC server topic on this very site!

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Feb 25, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
drat, Rebirth died? May have to poke about on this one when time allows.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

drat, Rebirth died? May have to poke about on this one when time allows.

It's still there, and there's a new thread, it's just that GUILD (and most goons in general) quit a long while ago.

It's kind of interesting just how much of a difference a strong population makes. Sure, there's broken quests and weird bugs (like Improved Aspect of the Hawk activating on mend pet and bandaging), but by god there's a crowd of people idling outside the Ironforge bank and I'm satisfied.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
As it is based on the last vanilla patch, I imagine that AV already had it's nerfs done to it? If so, that is a big negative for me.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Fog Tripper posted:

As it is based on the last vanilla patch, I imagine that AV already had it's nerfs done to it? If so, that is a big negative for me.

AV isnt actually released yet so were not sure what theyre shooting for.

Duck Party
Feb 26, 2013

There ain't no Party like a Duck Party
I painted Slippers my level 25 gnome warlock.

Who wants to run SFK (yes I will corpse run there and summon you)
horray for warlock quests :suicide:

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Whoever sent Koobes mats for 3 runecloth bags please send me another mail ingame, I deleted the mails and forgot who sent them.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
In game as Pheart human Paladin.

Angrybits
Feb 20, 2013

Started on this server yesterday. I rolled a hunter, since thats the class I played a lot of in vanilla and I'm having fun being rubbish again (well, 1-10 was anyway).

Also, could I get a guild invite? Name's Boxhobo.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Hey boys

You know you want to come play.

Also I made the 4chan guild super angry today when one of their members was trying to sell a kaleidoscope necklace for 9g. I told them it was garbage and they got super mad, ganging up on me in world chat, telling me to gently caress off and mind my own business :downs:. The only special thing about it is that it gives +4 to all stats (most classes only need 3 at the most), other necklaces at that level only have two stats but give more of them (so at the same level you'll get necks that give 6 or so to each stat).

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I dumped my vanilla files during a system reorganization. Does anyone have the mac client handy for download?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Never, ever mention the words 'Blue Oyster' to anyone in this guild.

Ever.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

A Tartan Tory posted:

Ever.

I don't get it.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

A Tartan Tory posted:

Ever.

<Blue Oyster Club>

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

A Tartan Tory posted:

Ever.

Are you telling me I should fear the reaper?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

I dumped my vanilla files during a system reorganization. Does anyone have the mac client handy for download?

You may want to check out the Rebirth thread. I think one of the files offered by the facebook post has some links to mac client vanilla files. Don't quote me on that though because I don't have a mac.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

I hate WoW, I hate you all and I hate vanilla servers most.
In as a dorf huntard Frydes and I was called out as a spy repeatedly last night before the server went down.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Keetron posted:

In as a dorf huntard Frydes and I was called out as a spy repeatedly last night before the server went down.

You're welcome :colbert:

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

Keetron posted:

Good. :smug:

Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011
Are there some sort password limitations on the server? I can login to the emerald dream website just fine, but using the 1.12 client always gives me an invalid login message.

Using lastpass so literally copy/pasting the password into WoW, that said it's fairly complex, 16 alphanumeric+symbols.

fakeedit: Looks like there are some limitations. Trying to change my password to something without all the symbols etc results in: "Password could not be changed!
There are some invalid characters!"

This is when I am changing my password to something only alphanumeric without any special characters.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

Duck Party posted:

I painted Slippers my level 25 gnome warlock.

Who wants to run SFK (yes I will corpse run there and summon you)
horray for warlock quests :suicide:

this is great

borkzilla
Apr 11, 2008

Gillingham posted:

Are there some sort password limitations on the server? I can login to the emerald dream website just fine, but using the 1.12 client always gives me an invalid login message.

Using lastpass so literally copy/pasting the password into WoW, that said it's fairly complex, 16 alphanumeric+symbols.

fakeedit: Looks like there are some limitations. Trying to change my password to something without all the symbols etc results in: "Password could not be changed!
There are some invalid characters!"

This is when I am changing my password to something only alphanumeric without any special characters.

Did you install the Emerald Dream connection patch? When I installed I recall the installation guide making it seem like the connection patch was optional, but it's definitely not.

http://www.emeralddream.com/guide

Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011

borkzilla posted:

Did you install the Emerald Dream connection patch? When I installed I recall the installation guide making it seem like the connection patch was optional, but it's definitely not.

http://www.emeralddream.com/guide
:welp: That fixed it, was following http://www.emeralddream.com/guide/windows and didn't notice the connection patch.

In game as Gillingham now

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

What does that patch do specifically. I use it and still get random disconnects quite often. Should I re install from a new torrent. I've been using the same 1.12 installation since rebirth.

Also this is me in game. Although I am not Frost spec at the moment.

I drew this during the times I had rez sickness from blinking though the world and falling to my very very, vanilla'esque death. :yaycloud:

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
This doesn't really help answer what the connection patch does, but I'm using the same install that I used for the Rebirth and haven't had any issues connecting. Then again, its the version I downloaded when Scriptcraft v1 was up and running so maybe its totally different. :iiam:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

downout posted:

You may want to check out the Rebirth thread. I think one of the files offered by the facebook post has some links to mac client vanilla files. Don't quote me on that though because I don't have a mac.

Ah. Didn't want to assume it was the same client.

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
I'm having this problem, and google isn't really helping so I'll see if you guys know.

About a month ago I logged into this server just to check on my character and goof around. Then like, 5 minutes after logging in, I get disconnected. Now whenever I try to log in (a month later), it just sits on "connecting" doing nothing.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, running a buttload of virus scans, resetting my router to factory settings, firewall stuff, everything. Nothing.

Kinda sucks cause now when I actually want to play - I can't! Anyone here seen this?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

No.Mercy posted:

Kinda sucks cause now when I actually want to play - I can't! Anyone here seen this?

An hour ago it was like this, it is gone now. Try again.

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
Still not working, just sits at connecting for like a minute, then I get a disconnected message.

mewse
May 2, 2006

No.Mercy posted:

Still not working, just sits at connecting for like a minute, then I get a disconnected message.

Try deleting all the cache files in the WDB subfolder

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
Still not working. I tried connecting through a VPN because I've tried just about everything. And now it lets me get almost to the character screen, stuck at "connecting to gameworld", but this raises the question, why can I connect through someone else's IP and not my own? This must be something on their end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clams
Apr 10, 2007

rawr.
guild first drakk wipe.

• Locked thread