Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

The Rokstar posted:

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be pulling for Chris G, but... here we are.

I want Chris G in the finals, but I want Rog to run it back.

I definitely watch more East Coast poo poo, but I'm pullin for Rog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Redmark posted:

I don't know why Chris isn't going for TACs off corner Morrigan combos (or just any Morrigan combos). That's the most obvious improvement he can make imo, other than optimizing his Vergil.

Because he runs Vergil second and Vergil doesn't get anything off of TACs really.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Brett824 posted:

Because he runs Vergil second and Vergil doesn't get anything off of TACs really.

Doesn't he do that mainly to do the Shadow Servant to swords combo, that he's barely doing? Or is there another reason?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Redmark posted:

Doesn't he do that mainly to do the Shadow Servant to swords combo, that he's barely doing? Or is there another reason?

He also does it to save Morrigan with a DHC, and gucci belt is safer and more offensive than anything he would get off Doom.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Wolverine is leagues more boring to watch than Morrigan.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

TenaciousJ posted:

He also does it to save Morrigan with a DHC, and gucci belt is safer and more offensive than anything he would get off Doom.

I don't know, it seems like it should depend on the matchup. Killing Wolverine using every resource possible would be a better defense than swords.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Brett824 posted:

Wolverine is leagues more boring to watch than Morrigan.

The only time Wolverine mirrors were fun was when Tokido won Florida by X-Factoring Wolvy as soon as he hit something while also running Phoenix on the same team.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Redmark posted:

I don't know, it seems like it should depend on the matchup. Killing Wolverine using every resource possible would be a better defense than swords.

The position I talked about was a defensive one. Vergil with the belt on turns the match around better than Doom.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Chris G is more fun to watch when he picks weird line ups. Stoked to watch Firebrand!

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
haha the commentators have no idea what the gently caress.

Edit: And the rage quit. drat.

Coca Koala fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 25, 2013

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

That was anticlimactic.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Firebrand joins Haggar and Rocket Raccoon in the illustrious Hall of Major Grand Finals Winners.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hahah Chris G takes it with the ragequit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hah, dick move to ragequit in the final round of the tournament.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Man, it's a shame it didn't snow. They wouldn't have any problem with the roads with the insane amount of salt in the hotel.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

And thus Winter Brawl 7 closes out with a rage quit. Hot drat.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
ChrisG too scary. Rog gives up. Goddamn.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I just love watching Chris G's morrigan. Bad luck to Rog though.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Wrong thread.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Predicting that next grand finals Chris replaces Vergil with Hsien-ko, loses 3 straight trying to abuse golden armor and failing.

Then, naturally, picks his real team and wins.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Big ups to Rog for the rage quit. Hahah, that owned.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Jehuti posted:

I just love watching Chris G's morrigan. Bad luck to Rog though.

Morrigan deserves a lot more love than she gets. It takes so much skill to actually use her to her potential. I can't stand all those Wolverine teams.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Redmark posted:

Predicting that next grand finals Chris replaces Vergil with Hsien-ko, loses 3 straight trying to abuse golden armor and failing.

Then, naturally, picks his real team and wins.

It's not like firebrand did poo poo in these GF so he could probably replace Vergil with anybody and still win.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

evilalien posted:

It's not like firebrand did poo poo in these GF so he could probably replace Vergil with anybody and still win.
Firebrand did some damage in one game and ate up X-Factor time in a couple of others. That's all Chris really needs outside of MorriDoom (in an east coast major)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Top players need to step their poo poo up if they want to beat ChrisG.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Parallax Scroll posted:

Top players need to step their poo poo up if they want to beat ChrisG.

Great analysis and technical breakdown bro where I can get more of this thrilling insight???

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
People still haven't figured out that they're better off jumping high and taking/blocking missiles than eating soul fist chip damage. ChrisG confirms off drat-near anything and people are too willing to stay underneath his Morrigan and get opened up by shell kick. Yipes has proven that Dante and to a lesser extent Vergil have the tools to nullify Astral Vision and get in on her but no one else seems to be utilizing those tools. Justin might have been on to something using Storm last night but he didn't have the assists to keep Morrigan more grounded or to snipe Doom on the assist calls. Filipino Champ's Dormammu team is probably well-suited to dealing with ChrisG's normal team but then ChrisG has a pocket Hawkeye to deal with that team, and Champ seems to want to lose using Phoenix instead of winning with Dormammu anyway.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

brian posted:

Great analysis and technical breakdown bro where I can get more of this thrilling insight???

Some people still think ChrisG is on the same level as Yipes, Filipino Champ, PR Rog, and Justin Wong. I don't think that's the case anymore. ChrisG's on his own tier.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Parallax Scroll posted:

Some people still think ChrisG is on the same level as Yipes, Filipino Champ, PR Rog, and Justin Wong. I don't think that's the case anymore. ChrisG's on his own tier.

Glad we sorted that one out I was under the worrying misapprehension you wanted those players to poo in stairwells

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

I don't know if people are willing to say that until Chris G gets an EVO 1st place under his belt, or at least wins any major tournament west of Illinois.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Brett824 posted:

I don't know if people are willing to say that until Chris G gets an EVO 1st place under his belt, or at least wins any major tournament west of Illinois.

An Evo win and a west coast major would help cement it for sure. I'm basing this opinion partially on how well ChrisG has adapted to the few people who've been able to beat him. He lost to FChamp at evo, then adjusted his gameplan for their FT15 set at Season's Beatings and looked pretty dominant there. Then after he lost to PR Rog at SCR, ChrisG ran it back yesterday, again with a modified gameplan, and beat him 3-1 in two different sets. I don't think he's had the chance to run it back against Yipes after Yipes beat him at, what was it, Youmacon? But Yipes seems to run into trouble anywhere that's not on Xbox with lag-free monitors, a problem ChrisG doesn't have.

At least until other top players come up with something new, I would never bet against ChrisG.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Parallax Scroll posted:

I don't think he's had the chance to run it back against Yipes after Yipes beat him at, what was it, Youmacon?

He beat Yipes at NEC in grand finals. Yipes ran a different team than the one he beat him with at Summer Jam though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Parallax Scroll posted:

An Evo win and a west coast major would help cement it for sure. I'm basing this opinion partially on how well ChrisG has adapted to the few people who've been able to beat him. He lost to FChamp at evo, then adjusted his gameplan for their FT15 set at Season's Beatings and looked pretty dominant there. Then after he lost to PR Rog at SCR, ChrisG ran it back yesterday, again with a modified gameplan, and beat him 3-1 in two different sets. I don't think he's had the chance to run it back against Yipes after Yipes beat him at, what was it, Youmacon? But Yipes seems to run into trouble anywhere that's not on Xbox with lag-free monitors, a problem ChrisG doesn't have.

At least until other top players come up with something new, I would never bet against ChrisG.

Yipes needs to practice on different set ups if that is legitimately the reason for his performance problems.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Valle's show is on. Right now he's talking B3 winners finals in Alpha 2 against Choi.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/new

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I only recorded two matches at WB, but I have a few from NL two weeks ago and New Challengers in CT up too

Fooblat vs Tong in a Hulk/Haggar Mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-0_WGXYtSs

and Crazy Joe vs Floe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZI291KaYQ

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

Nodoze posted:

I only recorded two matches at WB, but I have a few from NL two weeks ago and New Challengers in CT up too

Fooblat vs Tong in a Hulk/Haggar Mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-0_WGXYtSs

I ran that poo poo back in LF guys, just saying.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Dieminion left BT and has joined Empire Arcadia. :aaaaa:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Well.. that kinda sucks for BT...

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
That's bizarre. I wonder what Empire Arcadia can offer Dieminion that BT can't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I assume the VxG partnership brings in enough money to make the difference.