Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

mst3k/rifftrax is the worst
hi sorry i thought you said 'worst' surely you meant best??????

but srsly more power to them if they can leech more money out of their fanbase (sorry fellas it's us)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Ericadia posted:

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this YOSPOS.

You know, if I was a big bird, I'd fly around in the sky and stuff, and then, like, fly over people and poop on their lunch. I'd be like "Nyaaaaaaaaanyaaaaa-poop!-nyaaaaaaaanyaaaaa-poop!" Yeah, that would rule. Actually, y'know I probably could do that without being a bird. It's like, I could go into the cafeteria, and just like stand up on the table, y'know, and pull down my pants and like, go around while people are eating their lunch and just go "Poop!" And run over there and go "Poop!" A little "Poop!" over there. It's chicken-fried steak! Poop!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd be very upset if you pooped on my chicken fried steak

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Proteus4994 posted:

You know, if I was a big bird, I'd fly around in the sky and stuff, and then, like, fly over people and poop on their lunch. I'd be like "Nyaaaaaaaaanyaaaaa-poop!-nyaaaaaaaanyaaaaa-poop!" Yeah, that would rule. Actually, y'know I probably could do that without being a bird. It's like, I could go into the cafeteria, and just like stand up on the table, y'know, and pull down my pants and like, go around while people are eating their lunch and just go "Poop!" And run over there and go "Poop!" A little "Poop!" over there. It's chicken-fried steak! Poop!

poop this

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Proteus4994 posted:

You know, if I was a big bird, I'd fly around in the sky and stuff

I legit wish I was an eagle. No more computers, no more cell phones, just my waxy feathers glistening in the light of dawn... The tiny mice below fearful of my coming; the bird-nerds watching through foggy binoculars, taking in every facet of the majesty of my being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnlTrq6wLf0

But then I wouldn't be able to smoke a weed and watch this video. If I become an eagle one of you has to promise to be my weed support system.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ericadia posted:

I legit wish I was an eagle. No more computers, no more cell phones, just my waxy feathers glistening in the light of dawn... The tiny mice below fearful of my coming; the bird-nerds watching through foggy binoculars, taking in every facet of the majesty of my being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnlTrq6wLf0

But then I wouldn't be able to smoke a weed and watch this video. If I become an eagle one of you has to promise to be my weed support system.

bald eagles are loving disgusting carrion eaters that swarm with disease and steal kills from other, better hunters

so pretty much a perfect national symbol for the united states then

also i hear the words fly like an eagle and i think of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8qDz7K1nbU

and if you think of any other songs you're a bad person

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/riot--2

please give us money so we can travel europe and get into riots n poo poo. thanks in gameboy advance

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
got an idea for a Kickstarter. an automatic laptop opener/closer. the clamps damage your monitor, it doesn't close all the way, the turning l bit strips easily, and we disappear after the first run of production. i reckon we could get at least 2.4 m

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Al! posted:

got an idea for a Kickstarter. an automatic laptop opener/closer. the clamps damage your monitor, it doesn't close all the way, the turning l bit strips easily, and we disappear after the first run of production. i reckon we could get at least 2.4 m

why even bother with a real product, why not just sell tickets on your spaceship or something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

an arduino powered cd rack that is voice activated to give you whatever cd you name. the mic is really poor so you have to shout several times before it even picks you up and if you fill it more than halfway it won't turn. if we hit our stretch goal of 3.5 m we will even write the drivers for it.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

some vague technology product, doesn't need to have any real details because I'll just say "iphone" a lot and let people give me money. only asking for $500k, so should get funded easily

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Al! posted:

an arduino powered cd rack that is voice activated to give you whatever cd you name. the mic is really poor so you have to shout several times before it even picks you up and if you fill it more than halfway it won't turn. if we hit our stretch goal of 3.5 m we will even write the drivers for it.

so like a 5 second search in a well catalogued media library?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
how about a version of that but the music is not on the cd's at all, there's just stickers on the cd's with qr codes that are read by a phone that sits in a dock nearby. the qr code opens the spotify page for that album or whatever. i don't know how spotify works.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

theres got to be a better way

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

actually if u think about it the majority of kicksharters that aren't anime furry webcomics are literally infomercials for if u have an iphone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

black and white gif of me banging my forehead into my monitor and the trackball falling out of my mouse and rolling across the room

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
im the glossy white ribbon cable that will fray and discolour in 2 weeks

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

at that price there's no way that thing could ever support thunderbolt and even then if it did it could just be 1 cable instead of both

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

flyboi posted:

at that price there's no way that thing could ever support thunderbolt and even then if it did it could just be 1 cable instead of both

quote:

Is the MacDock compatible with Thunderbolt?.

No, at least not yet. Thunderbolt technology is in very early stages and it is very expensive to get a licence for it. Instead we have decided to transfer USB 3.0 as it has a comparable data transmission speed and it’s more widely used.

so at least theyre being realistic

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

gonna be hilarious when they move the ports one millimeter apart and all these docks become(slightly more) worthless

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

pfft cds, make it a vinyl collection and put wheels* on it so it can be taken to the local hookah lounge and you'll get hipsters throwing money at you faster than you can count it

*wheels may not be the same size, round, or even exist in three dimension

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Radio Paranoia posted:

actually if u think about it the majority of kicksharters that aren't anime furry webcomics are literally infomercials for if u have an iphone

pretty much

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

hipsters don't smoke hookah here, I thought it would be more popular

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Pebble 2.0?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

those offset watchband designs super suck

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Install Gentoo posted:

those offset watchband designs super suck

agreeing with fishmech :wth:

also those corners sticking out are going to get caught on stuff, your wrist is a joint not an equal width section of pipe

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

than...some watches. good metric

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

What a ridiculous claim to make. That's like Starbucks saying "25% tastier than some coffees!"

Edit: Yep ^^^^

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
30% THINNER THAN SOME WATCHES

50% THICKER THAN OTHERS

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Kick starter to bring your audiophile cable pebbles to market

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

Kick starter to bring your audiophile cable pebbles to market

kickstarter to buy up a bunch of broken pebbles for $1 each and then resell them as audiophile devices at a 4000% markup

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Al! posted:

kickstarter to buy up a bunch of broken pebbles for $1 each and then resell them as audiophile devices at a 4000% markup

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/293441836/hand-picked-skipping-stones

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pledgers of $25 will receive one labeled box (8"x5"x5") of 20 Hand-Picked Skipping Stones packed in Spanish moss.

Pledgers of $100 will receive one labeled box (8"x5"x5") of 20 Hand-Picked Skipping Stones packed in Spanish moss and the box will be complete with a rope and bamboo handled carrying system.

lol 75 bucks to put a handle on your 25 dollar box of rocks

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
so are there any woo-woo bullshit kickstarter kind of projects? new agey incense-and-crystals kind of stuff? because boy, could that be lucrative if you know the market

my mother-in-law is one of those brazilian witch-wannabes, so my wife knows about all of this stupid poo poo, and i've studied enough eastern religion stuff to be able to fake the guru thing effectively, so we were thinking about actually starting a business selling worthless "magic" crap to gullible idiots

"these hand-crafted i-ching coins have been guaranteed through extensive testing to be free of elemental affinities or biases, making them extra reliable for three-coin divination techniques"

these would of course be the ones bought wholesale in lots of 500 for $20, the "extensive testing" would involve a cursory visual inspection to make sure none of them are on fire

i just need some kind of way to kickstarter-ize this, after i figure out how to turn my ethics off to let me do this in the first place

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Heresiarch posted:

so are there any woo-woo bullshit kickstarter kind of projects? new agey incense-and-crystals kind of stuff? because boy, could that be lucrative if you know the market

my mother-in-law is one of those brazilian witch-wannabes, so my wife knows about all of this stupid poo poo, and i've studied enough eastern religion stuff to be able to fake the guru thing effectively, so we were thinking about actually starting a business selling worthless "magic" crap to gullible idiots

"these hand-crafted i-ching coins have been guaranteed through extensive testing to be free of elemental affinities or biases, making them extra reliable for three-coin divination techniques"

these would of course be the ones bought wholesale in lots of 500 for $20, the "extensive testing" would involve a cursory visual inspection to make sure none of them are on fire

i just need some kind of way to kickstarter-ize this, after i figure out how to turn my ethics off to let me do this in the first place

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/832347500/beating-death

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Heresiarch posted:

please don't prey on the mentally ill

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
that was just the first one i remembered, there's scads of them. even more on indigogo

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

shocked there's nothing about kirlian auras in there

they've got $9000 so far, and only three backers, one at the $5000+ range, that doesn't seem suspicious at all

PleasingFungus posted:

please don't prey on the mentally ill

if i knew a way to turn my ethics off i would have been in the audiophile equipment business years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
selling false hope to people like John Edward (or Edwards for that matter) Is pretty shameful but you can't knock the hustle

• Locked thread