Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Pics of series 10 minifigs got posted on Brickset today.

I haven't really had any interest in these since the first couple of series but, hey, first Lego Smart phone and baldness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Looks like a good variety of characters. It's just a shame that they're being churned out at such a fast rate. I don't really have £40 every few months to spend on Lego :(

I still have an absolute poo poo LOAD of The Sun Lego to sell/trade when I get time to.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The bee and Paris Hilton are the only two I don't really like, so uh

My wallet's open, how about we get some series 9 around here first.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
That librarian is a smokin' hottie but the old man is the best of the bunch. I'm also more interested in getting duplicates of some of these than the last series.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Eh, not feeling any of those, to be honest. Also, this must be the first series without a single space-related figure?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Regarding the librarian since my girlfriend asked:
"A patron asks a librarian for a book called "Oranges and Peaches." The librarian asks, Do you happen to know the book's author? The patron replies, Oh, it's by someone named Darwin. I have to read it for a class. The librarian finds a copy of "The Origin of Species" for the patron."

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I'm really digging these, a lot of accessory pieces, that face on the sky diver.

So it seems that you will be able to feel out Mr. Gold. Just look for top hat?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

This is the first series I think I've really liked them all. Not even sure why. These just seem more inspired than most of the other ones to me. And I, for one, am glad there's not yet another space guy.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I'm digging all of those, and this is the last series as well, correct?

riversarl
Nov 11, 2012
The golden suit guy is perfect for Hot Fuzz MOCs! Another great series, and I can pick up a Roman after missing out on the one in series 6 :hist101:

Fingers crossed for a fencer somewhere down the line!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

InfinEight posted:

I'm digging all of those, and this is the last series as well, correct?

Nope, series 11 is coming late 2013. This is the vaunted rundown:

Yeti
Evil Mech
Welder
Lady Robot
Jazz Musician
Constable
Holiday Elf
Bavarian Lady
Scarecrow
Mountain Climber
Grandma
Tiki Warrior
Gingerbread Man
Barbarian
Dinner Waitress
Scientist

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 27, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

quote is not edit. apparently Awful has removed the edit function...

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 27, 2013

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
My prayers have been answered at last:

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/stores/us/news/new-store-openings/

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Loving that paint roller!

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I would kill to have them open a new lego store at the local mall. We have two in Colorado, but they're both down in the south Denver area and so 45+ minutes away from me.

Though that's probably for the best...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Yesss ct. Thank you based Lego.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

No Pittsburgh? :(

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Glass posted:

No Pittsburgh? :(

I'm right there with you, buddy :(:hf::(

There's plenty of loving room out in Robinson or Ross Park but nooooooooo

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Bastards. There needs to be one in NH. Closest one to me is in Burlington, MA.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yesss ct. Thank you based Lego.
I'm surprised they picked Danbury instead of West Farms. It's still a good hour to the nearest one for me.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

smackfu posted:

I'm surprised they picked Danbury instead of West Farms. It's still a good hour to the nearest one for me.

Yeah, West Farms has really tried to up their game recently and that does seem like the best choice, maybe they wanted some NY traffic?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Series 10 already? I still haven't even seen Series 9 anywhere yet. The Target here still has tons of Series 8 and the Wal-Mart's apparently given up on Collectible Minifigs (just as well; I swear half of their Lego boxes have been torn open every time I'm there). Plus I picked up 20 of Series 8 for a dollar during the Wal-Mart Christmas clearance, so I have pretty much no appetite to pick up more S8.

It's a really good-looking series, though. My least favorite is probably Paris Hilton, but how could I be angry at a Lego iPhone? Gold guy's going to pretty easy to feel for, though. Those top hats are really distinct and everybody else has an accessory.

Best touch is probably the old guy's pants. Plus it looks like they've made a headpiece that doesn't look as awful as the Darth Maul... thing.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Remember, that gold businessman is limited to 5000 world-wide. It's entirely possible none of the stores in your area will even get one.

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go

FadingChord posted:

It's a really good-looking series, though. My least favorite is probably Paris Hilton, but how could I be angry at a Lego iPhone? Gold guy's going to pretty easy to feel for, though. Those top hats are really distinct and everybody else has an accessory.

She also has a Lego chihuahua. Which looks pretty nice.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Sockser posted:

I'm right there with you, buddy :(:hf::(

There's plenty of loving room out in Robinson or Ross Park but nooooooooo

On the positive side, the probability that my wife will kill me for buying too much LEGO remains constant.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

Remember, that gold businessman is limited to 5000 world-wide. It's entirely possible none of the stores in your area will even get one.

I can see entire cases getting bought and scalped for that figure now. Great.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Build-off entry: Lego City 50 years from now

http://i.imgur.com/d3GjyGT.jpg

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

MaliciousOnion posted:

Build-off entry: Lego City 50 years from now

http://i.imgur.com/d3GjyGT.jpg

Wait, there's some shenanigans going on here. :haw:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

I can see entire cases getting bought and scalped for that figure now. Great.

Maybe that will mean cheaper prices on eBay if so many are being bought?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
If the Dr. Jekyl/Hyde scientist madman guy was any indication-- tophats are super easy to feel out. And since Mr. Gold is the only one with a tophat, people will buy entire cases and just feel for it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I found this video on youtube. This guy has done amazing things with legos and those little plastic sports balls. If you want to look more closely at the whole thing, he's got videos of each individual module on his youtube account.

But what if you're a soulless individual who is uninterested in what wonders a man can do with hundreds of plastic balls? Well, he can make practical things too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM9qGZCc4DY

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

^^^ Holy poo poo those are amazing!!!
I'm totally jealous.

Evek posted:

Bastards. There needs to be one in NH. Closest one to me is in Burlington, MA.

I've got four of them within a half-hour drive, neener neener neener!

Seriously though, I was kind of shocked when they opened one in the South Shore mall, the Boston area is really saturated.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 28, 2013

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Dammit Lego, just do a Classical theme with Greek and Roman myths already!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I need a gorgon hair piece right now. Sooner than now.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Zonko_T.M. posted:

It almost makes too much sense.

Minotaur labyrinth playset? Medusa vs Perseus? It'd be so good.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Paragon8 posted:

It almost makes too much sense.

Minotaur labyrinth playset? Medusa vs Perseus? It'd be so good.

I'd be really into the idea, but I'm not sure what characters they could make at this point without duplicating collectible series monsters. Maybe a big molded Cerberus and a little Charon with boat set. Want a Jason and his crew on the Argo.

Rythe posted:

Here is a few photos of the Honor Guard uniforms.

Here's what I have so far:

I modeled it after a recent city set suit so the lapels and everything are the right size and placement, and took the uniform elements from here. Let me know if you want it more or less photorealistic (this is about halfway; I could try it a little more cartoony), and if you want the gray at the edges taken off; it's a nice effect on the original city character but it's maybe a little busy here.

I could also make some shoulder patches to stick to the arms, and your best bet for pants stripes is just paint. A police hat from S9 would probably look good with it, and there are some heads you could find with chinstraps printed on them, mostly in fleshy.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Inspired by this thread I've been stopping by the clearance aisles at the local Walmart every two weeks for a bit now. I picked up the Monster Fighters The Ghost Train #9467 the other day. It's a 741 piece set for $35. Definitely not the coolest set; the ghosts are standing on the edge of the assembly area, and keep reminding me of KKK clansmen. Despite the Thomas the choochoo train face, the engine has some good detail to it,and overall adds some good black bricks to the collection. Also has a female minifig. Are female minis just not that common? I never really paid attention until just recently.

Overall a decent set, and hard to pass up at the price.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'd be really into the idea, but I'm not sure what characters they could make at this point without duplicating collectible series monsters. Maybe a big molded Cerberus and a little Charon with boat set. Want a Jason and his crew on the Argo.

Nothing wrong with duplicating collectible series monsters. Most of the monsters in that line have already appeared in the Monster Hunter's line anyway. And it means that the cost for Lego to produce the sets are cheaper since they can use existing moulds.
They even have a three-headed dog mould from the Harry Potter line already.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Will there be some sort of huge preorder sale price for the upcoming series 10 like there was with that French website(was it French Amazon?)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Internetjack posted:

Inspired by this thread I've been stopping by the clearance aisles at the local Walmart every two weeks for a bit now. I picked up the Monster Fighters The Ghost Train #9467 the other day. It's a 741 piece set for $35. Definitely not the coolest set; the ghosts are standing on the edge of the assembly area, and keep reminding me of KKK clansmen. Despite the Thomas the choochoo train face, the engine has some good detail to it,and overall adds some good black bricks to the collection. Also has a female minifig. Are female minis just not that common? I never really paid attention until just recently.

Overall a decent set, and hard to pass up at the price.

First thing I'd do if I got that set was replace the stupid face on the front with a regular black circular piece.