Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'm probably being overly picky, but having to scroll past 'FREE CRAZY FAIRIES CHEST' and all that other free stuff for F2P games at the top on every single page of deals is rather annoying. Go slap whoever is doing your web design and mention that maybe people would like the giant, multi-page list of games to be at the top of the page so that each time they go to a new page they don't have to scroll past big ads for F2P junk. The shop-by-franchise stuff is a little annoying too, wastes a lot of page space for not much, but at least it links to valid stuff that I could theoretically be interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Quick request AmazonTony: Please go back to posting upcoming deals to the thread instead of just updating the OP.

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

Something to note is that i believe this game is region locked on Origin. I got this at some point last year from the Amazon store and while the download and stand alone launcher is fine, the Origin client didn't like the activation code. The only reason i could figure is that it's because i'm in the UK and my origin client is set to UK or whatever.
I don't know that it is, a friend gifted a Saboteur code to me and I was able to activate it just fine from the UK.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Naar posted:

I don't know that it is, a friend gifted a Saboteur code to me and I was able to activate it just fine from the UK.

gently caress knows then. Maybe it counted as activated after i ran it from the non-client launcher and Origin wouldn't let me add it after.

edit: And hell, i can't even find the serial key i was given over steam chat, nor can i get access to it from the installer (the installer doesn't even work now).

Hey Tony, instead of these sweet deals, can you maybe kick someone's arse into gear so that we get the digital distribution service in the UK (then price match with the US to not be a dick). I'm starting to get tired of having to jump through a whole bunch of hoops for a basic consumer platform.

If you ever want to really compete with Steam, do this.

Oh and if someone suggests just using a fake address, don't bother. That only works with selected banks as many of them require your billing address to match with the one they have on record before an order can be processed on it.

Kin fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 24, 2013

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Kin posted:

gently caress knows then. Maybe it counted as activated after i ran it from the non-client launcher and Origin wouldn't let me add it after.

I think the Origin CD key stuff for old games is just kind of imperfect. There were a couple of games people were having trouble adding when Origin first came out. I bet if you asked support they could hook you up.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I think the Origin CD key stuff for old games is just kind of imperfect. There were a couple of games people were having trouble adding when Origin first came out. I bet if you asked support they could hook you up.

As i just edited in, i've forgotten the which goon helped me out with it and i don't know what the serial key is anymore, so i doubt support would help me now :(

Why can't everything just be on Steam :smith:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Singularity is listed as 7.49 in the OP, but the store page lists it as 9.49. Which is accurate?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

The problem is there are (at least) three seperate places you have to enter keys to make the games register on Origin. If it's older than a certain year (2008? 2009?), you can't register it through Origin itself, so you need to use one of a pair of websites I've forgotten the URL to offhand. And some work on one, some work on the other.

The entire backend of that system needs to be burned down and recreated, it's a hideous kludge.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Hey Tony - Any hopes of any of the Ticket to Ride DLC going on sale? The base game price is fantastic, but I've been desperate for a good sale on the DLC and Steam has failed to deliver time and time again.

Lamacq
Jun 15, 2001

Breezeblock RIP
Just picked up the "2K Strategy Super Pack" for $14.99. Thanks Tony!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Great deal on black ops 2 last weekend, thanks tony, you're hot as gently caress

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Hey Tony - Any hopes of any of the Ticket to Ride DLC going on sale? The base game price is fantastic, but I've been desperate for a good sale on the DLC and Steam has failed to deliver time and time again.

I'm working on both a TTR bundle with all the stuff and a DLC bundle for those buying now. Nothing confirmed yet.

Male Man posted:

Singularity is listed as 7.49 in the OP, but the store page lists it as 9.49. Which is accurate?

Fat finger error on all the Activision stuff for the most part, i will fix now.

Obsurveyor posted:

Quick request AmazonTony: Please go back to posting upcoming deals to the thread instead of just updating the OP.

I didn't want the goonsquad to think I was just spamming my thread to the top of SA everytime I had an update so I've been cautious about the number of times I post in the thread, which is also why you see long gaps between posting with large updates like this. I'm trying to avoid back to back posts (although sometimes I slip). If the consensus is that in-thread updates are helpful, I will try them out until a user gets upset again.

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'm probably being overly picky, but having to scroll past 'FREE CRAZY FAIRIES CHEST' and all that other free stuff for F2P games at the top on every single page of deals is rather annoying. Go slap whoever is doing your web design and mention that maybe people would like the giant, multi-page list of games to be at the top of the page so that each time they go to a new page they don't have to scroll past big ads for F2P junk. The shop-by-franchise stuff is a little annoying too, wastes a lot of page space for not much, but at least it links to valid stuff that I could theoretically be interested in.

He sits in front of me, I just talked to him. I asked that we implement a list view (basically the OP but cleaner looking and on our sale page), he's working on it now.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Did it? It seems doubly weird that the AHD now doesn't come with one, then. I seem to remember CK2 being the first Paradox-developed game to offer Steam as the primary platform with all sources other than GamersGate offering Steam keys.

See below

TurninTrix posted:

That's weird, could have sworn that the Paradox Seas Bundle from a while back came with an AHD steam key.

We do have a steam version of AHD, and it is the one that is in the paradox seas bundle.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The way they did it this time was weird, they gave you an immediate $15 2k credit within 2 days of setting up a preorder, and then an additional $15 credit when the game was released. Usually everything comes in within 24 hours of game release and not before.

Yeah, we were testing to see how the promotion would work and if abuse would be widespread. It was, we have lots of data now, and will likely not run something similar in the future.

hambeet posted:

Heya AmazonTony, I found a problem today using the onetime CAGROCKS code. I went through to purchase the standard copy of AC: Revelations for $11.99 and added the code which gave me a $3 discount. I then realised I needed to change my credit card details so I updated the details and came back to the buy screen and saw that it was back to the $11.99 price. I entered the code again but this time it wouldn't let me apply it saying the code is invalid.

I get it's a onetime code, I just didn't think it'd mark it off against your account until you completed the sale. Just thought you should know.

It shouldn't work the way you described, can you PM me an email address so I can dig deeper? If you can't PM here hit me up at tvacgamer on reddit.

Thanks for bringing this up.

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 26, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any update on the Kingdom of Amular and the other games, or still just waiting on Steam keys?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Rirse posted:

Any update on the Kingdom of Amular and the other games, or still just waiting on Steam keys?

Still no update my last email was on Thursday and said "waiting on Valve for Steam keys, trying to find gold masters for the older BHG titles (Settlers, Rise games).

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

AmazonTony posted:

I didn't want the goonsquad to think I was just spamming my thread to the top of SA everytime I had an update so I've been cautious about the number of times I post in the thread, which is also why you see long gaps between posting with large updates like this. I'm trying to avoid back to back posts (although sometimes I slip). If the consensus is that in-thread updates are helpful, I will try them out until a user gets upset again.

The only people who will think this are the ones who bought you terrible custom titles and do you really care what those people think?

You posting is pretty much the whole point of this thread. If they don't want to read posts made by the amazon rep in the amazon thread they can mark it unread.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Not_Log posted:

The only people who will think this are the ones who bought you terrible custom titles and do you really care what those people think?

You posting is pretty much the whole point of this thread. If they don't want to read posts made by the amazon rep in the amazon thread they can mark it unread.

Seriously. The thread is much more useful that way.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The fact that it was mod approved pretty much gives you free reign to post to your hearts content. gently caress the haters.

Goat Attack
May 10, 2004

what the shit
I came in here to ask for GW2, because I missed the official sale from Arenanet, but I saw it's already on the slate for tomorrow. Thanks!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It really is a lot more convenient when you just post new deals, since checking the OP all the time gets sort of tedious. If some people can't cope with being kept up to date on the hottest new sales, then gently caress'em.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
If I see new posts in this thread there's a chance that there are new Sweet Deals. So post post post!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

AmazonTony posted:

gently caress the haters, in-thread updates are super useful. I'd definitely appreciate it.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

gently caress the haters, in-thread updates are super useful. I'd definitely appreciate it.

Cool, I'll go ahead and start doing so tonight. I'll be working at midnight when the prices flip anyway so I'll post a Guild Wars 2 update when the price flips.

Cheers,
Tony

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Sarchasm posted:

Yeah I have this thread in my favorites and am always waiting for new posts so please Tony post updates at all times.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't know the OP was being updated at all. Last I checked it, it seemed to be talking about the deals from the time that it was running with the Steam Holiday Sale.

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
Whoever complaining about AmazonTony spamming his own thread is a serious party pooper. I think no admin would consider the complaint unless it was someone bumping his thread with no response at all from the member of the forums... which never happens in this thread.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys,

Here's the update for Guild Wars 2, the deal will be live until ~11:59:59 on 2/28 (PST).

Guild Wars 2: $39.99
Guild Wars 2 Deluxe: $44.99

Remember if you haven't used "CAGROCKS" yet, enter it into your checkout page (the one right before you actually buy the product) and you'll save an additional 25%.

Paperfeed
Apr 14, 2008
Ohhh poo poo, why did I have to use CAGROCKS on an already stupidly cheap game! I checked to see how much discount it would give but couldn't see how to remove it and bought it anyway because I figured there wouldn't be a more expensive game I'd be interested in anyway.

I could've had GW2 for $30! :qq:

That's the cheapest it's ever been, right?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

Remember if you haven't used "CAGROCKS" yet, enter it into your checkout page (the one right before you actually buy the product) and you'll save an additional 25%.

I was just wondering, and appreciate you'll probably never answer this, but I'm assuming that CAGROCKS, as opposed to SARULES or REDDITSUCKS, came about because of the sales volume through respective referral links, rather than just you liking CAG more than us?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I could use a SARULES code with a 25% discount (or more :wiggle:)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Here's the update for Guild Wars 2, the deal will be live until ~11:59:59 on 2/28 (PST).

Guild Wars 2: $39.99
Guild Wars 2 Deluxe: $44.99

I missed the $30 GW2 sale Christmas day due to a typo on the Amazon sales page, so thanks for bringing that back Tony! Unfortunately I was a bit impatient and picked it up from GreenManGaming for $40 a few days later. It was definitely worth that price - I've had a blast so far. If you have any interest in MMOs do yourself a favor and grab it at this solid price. There is a GW2 SA thread that has an OP filled with great information if you need to make a more informed decision: forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483134

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

I was just wondering, and appreciate you'll probably never answer this, but I'm assuming that CAGROCKS, as opposed to SARULES or REDDITSUCKS, came about because of the sales volume through respective referral links, rather than just you liking CAG more than us?

During this promotion we're partnered with CAG, but our intent is to do something similar with the large communities we have a presence in over the course of 2013, including SA, you guys will even get to have input on what the code is (within reason).

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

you guys will even get to have input on what the code is.

Use offer code BADIDEA10 to add an additional 10% cost to your order!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Paperfeed posted:

Ohhh poo poo, why did I have to use CAGROCKS on an already stupidly cheap game! I checked to see how much discount it would give but couldn't see how to remove it and bought it anyway because I figured there wouldn't be a more expensive game I'd be interested in anyway.

I could've had GW2 for $30! :qq:

That's the cheapest it's ever been, right?

Yeah, same here. I didn't even realize it was still being used after I entered it for something that I ended up changing my mind about buying.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

AmazonTony posted:

During this promotion we're partnered with CAG, but our intent is to do something similar with the large communities we have a presence in over the course of 2013, including SA, you guys will even get to have input on what the code is (within reason).

SMASHMOUFEATTHEEGGS25

Slig
Mar 30, 2010

AmazonTony posted:

WEAREPROTECTED25

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

AmazonTony posted:

Just reiterating but REDDITSUCKS is the one.

KoB
May 1, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

GOATMAN

e: or just GETOUT

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Ragequit posted:

I missed the $30 GW2 sale Christmas day due to a typo on the Amazon sales page, so thanks for bringing that back Tony! Unfortunately I was a bit impatient and picked it up from GreenManGaming for $40 a few days later. It was definitely worth that price - I've had a blast so far. If you have any interest in MMOs do yourself a favor and grab it at this solid price. There is a GW2 SA thread that has an OP filled with great information if you need to make a more informed decision: forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483134

Might be a dumb question, but is it any good if you're playing pretty much solo? I've pretty much ignored MMOs to this stage in my life, but now that subscription fees are going away I don't mind the idea of trying one out for the price of a single player game. I don't really group up all that often, though, and I don't get on the computer with enough regularity to plan things with other human beings.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ChetReckless posted:

Might be a dumb question, but is it any good if you're playing pretty much solo? I've pretty much ignored MMOs to this stage in my life, but now that subscription fees are going away I don't mind the idea of trying one out for the price of a single player game. I don't really group up all that often, though, and I don't get on the computer with enough regularity to plan things with other human beings.

That's exactly how I play, and it's been great. Whenever a nearby event pops up all sorts of people flock to it, so I do play in groups to a degree, but I don't know any of them personally. It's incredibly seamless. I am nowhere near endgame, so I can't speak as to how the dungeons and such work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Thanks Tony for GW2! Been interested in getting a deal on it for a couple of weeks :)

• Locked thread