Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Dr Christmas posted:

Obama isn't bad because he does anti-American things, things are anti-American because Obama does them.

Didn't Obama throw a baseball once? Is that un-American now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mitchicon posted:

It's not American if the president does it.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Mitchicon posted:

Actually I have seen the photo and the spin of the baseball is not realistic at all. Another forged photo from the Fraudhouse.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Warchicken posted:

Why is the right convinced that Iran loves him, he hates Jews, and he will destroy Israel? I thought they were just being obstructionist poo poo heads, I didn't realize they had an ostensible reason for it.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2013/02/friends-of-hamas-and-andrew-breitbarts-legacy.html

They don't really have an obstensible reason. They really were just being obstructionist poo poo heads.

It's literally because of a rightwing game of "telephone". Some right winger was discussing Hagel with Shapiro and was posing hypotheticals like "we don't know what he was saying when he was speaking to, say, 'Friends of Hamas' and the 'Jew Killer Society' (I made up the Jew Killer Society but same idea) kind of being a bit tongue in cheek with his sarcasm and Shapiro took him literally and published a blog article about "Hagel spoke to/received funding from 'Friends of Hamas'!" and then the whole right wing blogosphere ran with it from Shapiro's article.

They embarrassed themselves and now won't even admit they did anything wrong even though there's no such group as FoH.

Where the original basis of the opposition before this came from was simply the fact that Hagel used the phrase "Jewish Lobby" once, came to the conclusion that the Iraq invasion was a bad/wrong decision, and generally is apparently against the idea that the U.S. should be subservient to Israeli interests in the Middle East. I don't think there would have been any opposition had he not been a GOP politician crossing the aisle to serve in an Obama administration, that was the sore point and this caused them to cast about looking for any discrepancy from GOP orthodoxy to use against him, and the "Jewish Lobby" stuff was it.

Now, having opposed him unsuccessfully and only causing a delay, looking petulant, and extracting some Benghazi related documents from Obama, I'm not sure how this was worth it for the GOP or how they come out ahead for opposing Hagel and not behind, unless they feel the "message" they sent to other GOPers considering helping Obama was worth it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Stoat posted:

Actually I have seen the photo and the spin of the baseball is not realistic at all. Another forged photo from the Fraudhouse.

In all seriousness, that is a pretty bad photo. But that doesn't make him a bad president, of course. It's the job-related things that do that.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

A funny google search is "How tall is michelle malkin?"

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.

Phone posted:

You are right about certain NPR shows being disingenuous, namely Allied Bank presents NPR's Planet Money brought to you by Allied Bank, sponsored by Allied Bank.

From a couple pages back, but I got really concerned about my NPR programming being brought to me by America's Natural Gas Alliance not too long ago. I figured that would keep them from doing any serious journalism on fracking.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

I want to see firedguninselfdefense@reagan.com just for the conflict of interests.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zwabu posted:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2013/02/friends-of-hamas-and-andrew-breitbarts-legacy.html

They don't really have an obstensible reason. They really were just being obstructionist poo poo heads.

It's literally because of a rightwing game of "telephone". Some right winger was discussing Hagel with Shapiro and was posing hypotheticals like "we don't know what he was saying when he was speaking to, say, 'Friends of Hamas' and the 'Jew Killer Society' (I made up the Jew Killer Society but same idea) kind of being a bit tongue in cheek with his sarcasm and Shapiro took him literally and published a blog article about "Hagel spoke to/received funding from 'Friends of Hamas'!" and then the whole right wing blogosphere ran with it from Shapiro's article.

They embarrassed themselves and now won't even admit they did anything wrong even though there's no such group as FoH.

Where the original basis of the opposition before this came from was simply the fact that Hagel used the phrase "Jewish Lobby" once, came to the conclusion that the Iraq invasion was a bad/wrong decision, and generally is apparently against the idea that the U.S. should be subservient to Israeli interests in the Middle East. I don't think there would have been any opposition had he not been a GOP politician crossing the aisle to serve in an Obama administration, that was the sore point and this caused them to cast about looking for any discrepancy from GOP orthodoxy to use against him, and the "Jewish Lobby" stuff was it.

Now, having opposed him unsuccessfully and only causing a delay, looking petulant, and extracting some Benghazi related documents from Obama, I'm not sure how this was worth it for the GOP or how they come out ahead for opposing Hagel and not behind, unless they feel the "message" they sent to other GOPers considering helping Obama was worth it.

Everything else you've written is right, but I'm pretty sure the "Friends of Hamas" meme came from a New York journalist who said he called his "sources" and in an attempt to illustrate the kind of information he wanted, joked hyperbolically about how he wanted to know if "Hagel spoke to Friends of Hamas for $25,000". He was on NPR the other day. I'd find a source but I'm in class.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I think I found the root of the problem: conservatives are humorless assholes.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Lord Lambeth posted:

Now to set up roosevelt.com just to gently caress with right wingers.

Cracker@roosevelt.com?

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Figured this would be the best place for this. Dem Rep Keith Ellison blasts the poo poo out of Hannity. It happens right after a bit where Hannity throws the blame for the sequester at Obama. A pretty great reversal of the Fox news interview where this time the interviewee talks over the host.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Phone posted:

I think I found the root of the problem: conservatives are humorless assholes.

No, their humor consists of bullying others.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Fandyien posted:

Everything else you've written is right, but I'm pretty sure the "Friends of Hamas" meme came from a New York journalist who said he called his "sources" and in an attempt to illustrate the kind of information he wanted, joked hyperbolically about how he wanted to know if "Hagel spoke to Friends of Hamas for $25,000". He was on NPR the other day. I'd find a source but I'm in class.

It's this guy, Friedman, from the NY Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/friends-hamas-rumor-started-article-1.1268284

I thought what you just wrote is more or less what I had said in my post. Perhaps I did not communicate it well.

Friedman describes his version of what happened in this article. His article along with others discussing the matter are linked in the New Yorker link at the top of my post that you quoted.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
Here is the relevant On The Media segment: http://www.onthemedia.org/2013/feb/22/how-accidentally-start-rumor-about-us-senator/

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zwabu posted:

It's this guy, Friedman, from the NY Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/friends-hamas-rumor-started-article-1.1268284

I thought what you just wrote is more or less what I had said in my post. Perhaps I did not communicate it well.

Friedman describes his version of what happened in this article. His article along with others discussing the matter are linked in the New Yorker link at the top of my post that you quoted.

My bad, man, I must've misread your post. Thought you had garbled Friedman into "some right winger" because I sorta erroneously assumed he was leftist since he's a New York journalist. Sorry.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mitchicon posted:

You know who else possibly threw a round object at some point in his life? Hitler! Yeah. Food for thought!

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Zwabu posted:

Actually, it was a reporter from the NY Daily News (I think) who asked a Republican Congressional aide about Hagel, and whether they were worried he had ties with 'Friends of Hamas of the Hezbollah Youth League or something'. The aide told the reporter later he did not talk about that conversation with Shapiro (probably lying), but he might have discussed it with other Republican staffers.

e:fb...

richardfun fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 27, 2013

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey check out the comments section of this little diddy on the 1 year anniversary of Trayvon Martin's murder: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/02/26/one-year-anniversary-of-trayvon-martin-death/

Racism in the US isn't a big deal anymore.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hey check out the comments section of this little diddy on the 1 year anniversary of Trayvon Martin's murder: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/02/26/one-year-anniversary-of-trayvon-martin-death/

I made the mistake of reading the comments of a CNN story yesterday about how his parents were holding up after a lot of the media buzz has died down over the course of the year. Lot's of people convinced that the "thug" bashing Zimmerman's head on the ground was an ironclad fact, well because Zimmerman said so!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Warchicken posted:

Why is the right convinced that Iran loves him, he hates Jews, and he will destroy Israel? I thought they were just being obstructionist poo poo heads, I didn't realize they had an ostensible reason for it.

They don't. Obama nominated him therefore he sucks, is a commie Muslim and whatever else. I'm not all that excited about him myself really but this whole process just goes to show you how vehemently they hate this President and everything/anything he does. Hagel is a Republican from motherfucking Nebraska for Christ's sake. Hardly a Harvard liberal from New York City.

Mitchicon posted:

He threw it wrong. Like a left handed girl and it was low and outside. He is a communist.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

They don't. Obama nominated him therefore he sucks, is a commie Muslim and whatever else. I'm not all that excited about him myself really but this whole process just goes to show you how vehemently they hate this President and everything/anything he does. Hagel is a Republican from motherfucking Nebraska for Christ's sake. Hardly a Harvard liberal from New York City.

He threw it wrong. Like a left handed girl and it was low and outside. He is a communist.

They can't even be shown shaking his hand or any kind of friendly gestures, or else you'll get that RINO and traitor label. Michelle Obama can't grow a White House garden or speak out against childhood obesity without hearing some of the vilest names being thrown at her. They're willing to toss aside the best chance they have at regaining the White House with Chris Christie simply because they worked together during major storm that affected millions of citizens.

As for baseball. I worked for MLB at the time when Obama threw the first pitch at the All-Star game. The amount of negative mail and comments that were received by the league was overwhelming. I have to think there are literally thousands of conservatives with their fingers on the send button with pre-made 'hate Obama' tweets ready to go out as soon as he appears on a monitor.

The Angry Bum fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 27, 2013

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It seems the sequestration marching orders are: A) it's not bad and B) anything bad that happens that Obama blames on it is due to Obama intentionally causing problems to "scare" people.

At least that's what I'm gathering from Rush and Dana today. Sequestration is forcing the DHS to release some non-violent undocumented migrants with ankle bracelets. Obama doesn't have to do this due to sequestration, he's only doing it to scare you into thinking it's a big deal.

It's sad that such a retarded conspiracy theory is going to be eaten up by half of the US.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus, the more I know, the sadder and more frustrated I get. I really hope this isn't what us politics will be like my whole life, because when I think about how amazing things could be if e government was 90 percent full of people trying to do the right thing and working together instead of 90 percent total loving assholes, it just makes me so :smith:. The amount of suffering caused by this..... It is staggering to think about.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Warchicken posted:

Jesus, the more I know, the sadder and more frustrated I get. I really hope this isn't what us politics will be like my whole life, because when I think about how amazing things could be if e government was 90 percent full of people trying to do the right thing and working together instead of 90 percent total loving assholes, it just makes me so :smith:. The amount of suffering caused by this..... It is staggering to think about.

I don't mean to sound like a condescending rear end, but can you point to one period in american history where a large majority of government officials weren't "total loving assholes"? Is there a period in history you wish we would return to?

If you ever really dig into any period of history you find people getting hosed over by a government that's removed from its constituency. You really can't get sad or frustrated unless you personally made the horrible suffering happen; do what is in your capacity to raise awareness or ease suffering and don't worry about the stuff you can't change. There is especially no reason to feel bad about things that have already happened because it's all over and done with and all you can really do is be aware that it happened and try to keep it from happening again.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Warchicken posted:

I feel your pain, but it's not the people, it's the system. When the system in place only cares and rewards profit, are you surprised that the only people who rise to the top are those willing to do the worst stuff for campaign contributions and cozy seats in corporate boardrooms? :-/

Back during the spanish civil war, anarchist farming collectives would actually pay less to those who took any position of responsability, and demand from them the same work as the others, to fight against the temptation of going into "politics" for profit.
(I use politics in a limited sense here, obvs). That sounds like a good idea to me.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Dawncloack posted:

Back during the spanish civil war, anarchist farming collectives would actually pay less to those who took any position of responsability, and demand from them the same work as the others, to fight against the temptation of going into "politics" for profit.
(I use politics in a limited sense here, obvs). That sounds like a good idea to me.

Not paying an adequate salary has the side effect of excluding anyone who isn't rich and/or willing to sell their office to the highest bidder. That's how it works in Texas, for example.

It's better to just write and enforce campaign finance laws.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Goatman Sacks posted:

This is where conservatism is how. Celebrating the death of a child because he has the same skin color as Obama.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Rush subtley implied that Obama is just like those dictators Castro and Saddam Hussein today everyday RE: MASSIVE WAVE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS UNLEASHED UPON AMERICA :byodood:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2..._sequester_cuts

Rush Limbaugh posted:

You know, this really is unprecedented. It's not getting any attention. It's not getting any commentary whatsoever. It's barely even being reported. But, I mean, this is serious stuff. The president of the United States has opened up the jails. The president of the United States, because of budget cuts which have not happened yet, has released 500 or so illegal immigrants, and, by definition, of law, they are criminals.
Look, folks, I understand that we've gotta be very careful here in how we approach criticism of Obama, but, man, this is unprecedented. This is actually action that will do harm.
Let's not forget, thanks to Obama's various executive orders, ICE, the immigration people, no longer detain any illegal aliens unless they've been convicted of a serious crime. That's who we're talking about here. You have to commit a serious crime before we detain you, if you're illegal. So this isn't just a bunch of discriminated against freedom fighters that have been wrongly jailed finally seeing freedom at all. These really are convicted criminals that are being released. And somehow it's being blamed on the Republicans. This whole idea is Obama's. He's the one that gives the order to Janet Napolitano to release these people. Republicans couldn't order this if they wanted to and yet they're going to end up getting the blame for it.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/02/27/gop_sequester_strategy_shows_awareness_of_the_limbaugh_theorem

Rush Limbaugh posted:

No, I'm not kidding. Saddam Hussein released every criminal in his jails before the invasion of Iraq. Fidel Castro did it, too. What do you think the Mariel Boatlift was during the Jimmy Carter years? South Florida was flooded with a flotilla of the worst hardened criminals Castro had. I'm telling you, that's what Barack Obama is doing. It's ridiculous to even say it's unnecessary. It's like everything else. This is being done on purpose.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/02/27/obama_denies_responsibility_for_prisoner_release

Rush Limbaugh posted:

I'll tell you, this story about the prisoner release was out all day. It's been in the news all day. But here we make a big deal out of it, and in less than an hour, the White House puts out a denial. But it's even better than what I originally thought. Here is the actual denial of any involvement from the spokeskid, Jay Carney.
"This was a decision made by career officials at ICE, without any input from the White House, as a result of fiscal uncertainty over the continuing resolution as well as possible sequestration." So it wasn't even Big Sis. It wasn't even Napolitano. It was "career officials at ICE," and it wasn't just about the sequester. It was about the continuing resolution. That doesn't expire 'til the end of March, and it's only February 27. So that's why the prisoners were released.
I'm telling you, Castro wouldn't put up with this. If there were bureaucrats doing things on their own, freelancers like this, they would be in jail. Castro'd put them in prison. So would have Nicolae Ceausescu. So would have Saddam Hussein. You don't have dictators with their bureaucrats running around making moves like this. (interruption) No, no, no, no, no, no! I did not say Obama's a dictator. I was talking about those other guys.
Keep maintaining that low profile, maybe the media will forget about you :rolleyes:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I love how Rush explicitly has to say "This is actually action that will do harm." because he's already been faux outraged at so much poo poo nobody even cares anymore. Sometimes I feel Obama can go full Castro and nobody would care because the opposition party cried wolf too many times.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dr Christmas posted:

This is where conservatism is how has always been. Celebrating the death of a child because he has the same skin color as Obama is black.

Fixed that for you.

quote:

A witness identified Robert Chambliss, a member of the Ku Klux Klan, as the man who placed the bomb under the steps of the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church. He was arrested and charged with murder and possessing a box of 122 sticks of dynamite without a permit. On October 8, 1963, Chambliss was found not guilty of murder and received a hundred-dollar fine and a six-month jail sentence for having the dynamite.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

kik2dagroin posted:

Rush subtley implied that Obama is just like those dictators Castro and Saddam Hussein today everyday RE: MASSIVE WAVE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS UNLEASHED UPON AMERICA :byodood:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2..._sequester_cuts

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/02/27/gop_sequester_strategy_shows_awareness_of_the_limbaugh_theorem

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/02/27/obama_denies_responsibility_for_prisoner_release

Keep maintaining that low profile, maybe the media will forget about you :rolleyes:

By "definition of law", Rush Limbaugh is a criminal as well (but with the help of the ACLU, he dodged punishment). So I'm just thinking he has no leg to stand on and should maybe shut the gently caress up.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Angry Bum posted:

As for baseball. I worked for MLB at the time when Obama threw the first pitch at the All-Star game. The amount of negative mail and comments that were received by the league was overwhelming. I have to think there are literally thousands of conservatives with their fingers on the send button with pre-made 'hate Obama' tweets ready to go out as soon as he appears on a monitor.

This is pretty much true. When I worked in politics, Tea Partiers would send in racist jokes, songs, videos, email forwards, etc., all demanding that the political candidate send them to everyone on his mailing list. Then, we'd get increasingly angry and panicked emails, many with threats of gun violence, when people realized the candidate would not be passing that poo poo on.

This happened every day. Multiple times a day. For a year. Until I left.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

This is pretty much true. When I worked in politics, Tea Partiers would send in racist jokes, songs, videos, email forwards, etc., all demanding that the political candidate send them to everyone on his mailing list. Then, we'd get increasingly angry and panicked emails, many with threats of gun violence, when people realized the candidate would not be passing that poo poo on.

I'm interested in hearing more about this. Didn't a politician once send out email to everyone with a picture titles "the new White House" which had watermelons photoshopped all over the front yard? And when called out on it he claimed he never heard about the stereotype and thought it was just an absurd idea?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

By "definition of law", Rush Limbaugh is a criminal as well (but with the help of the ACLU, he dodged punishment). So I'm just thinking he has no leg to stand on and should maybe shut the gently caress up.

Not only that, but 'illegal immigrants' are not by definition criminals. Being in the US and not being authorized is not a criminal matter.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Incorrect Username posted:

I'm interested in hearing more about this. Didn't a politician once send out email to everyone with a picture titles "the new White House" which had watermelons photoshopped all over the front yard? And when called out on it he claimed he never heard about the stereotype and thought it was just an absurd idea?

It happened all around the country in 2010. None of it was surprising to people in politics, because those horrendously offensive emails were sent out, en masse, to every politician in the country. Everyone would get those emails, always with urgent requests to forward it to everyone you know. Most politicians deleted them, and some amazing idiots actually did forward them along.

The problem with that, every time something got sent out, the Tea Partiers sending emails would get reinspired to send over some more, typically the same one that got out. When Carl Paladino (the NY Tea Party candidate for governor) was caught forwarding videos of women loving horses, the Tea Partiers began frantically sending horse-loving emails, because that makes you a real American or some poo poo. Every offensively dumb mistake meant that everyone must double down on that mistake, because of the constitution and America and whatever.

As my candidate refused to forward those emails, or call the citizens of Detroit the n-word (saying that word means you are a patriot standing up for American values, according to Tea Partiers' email spam), the emails got more vicious and nasty. They figured that he wasn't one of them (he wasn't), so he must be a part of the vast conspiracy of everyone out to get rural white people.

Needless to say, was I surprised when Republicans all decided to say stupid poo poo about rape? Of course not! Because when one Tea Partier does something stupid, everyone has to do it out of solidarity to ignorance. The issue of rape, something that has pretty much been decided in this country (it's wrong and evil), suddenly kept coming up as a talking point without any prompting. If a Tea Partier gets criticized, even if it's for something completely appropriate to criticize someone on, everyone else has to join in. Or you aren't a 'real American/Tea Partier/Republican/patriot'.

The Republicans are not going to fix themselves with this attitude. I don't see it getting resolved, because their base is committed to ideological purges over ignorant ideas, and any effort to stop this means that whomever is a RINO.

Bringing it back to the right-wing media, you think the right-wingers that fostered this insular culture will let any leaders emerge to change it? Heck no.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

AsInHowe posted:

Threats of violence for not passing on their stupid racist memes to everyone on a government mailing list? What the gently caress is wrong with people holy poo poo.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mercury_Storm posted:

Threats of violence for not passing on their stupid racist memes to everyone on a government mailing list? What the gently caress is wrong with people holy poo poo.

They're Tea Partiers, it's pretty much all they do is threaten and get angry at politicians. What comes out is how they act in public, but when they are emailing politicians, they think they are talking to people like them. So the unfiltered stuff comes out.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

It happened all around the country in 2010. None of it was surprising to people in politics, because those horrendously offensive emails were sent out, en masse, to every politician in the country. Everyone would get those emails, always with urgent requests to forward it to everyone you know. Most politicians deleted them, and some amazing idiots actually did forward them along.

The problem with that, every time something got sent out, the Tea Partiers sending emails would get reinspired to send over some more, typically the same one that got out. When Carl Paladino (the NY Tea Party candidate for governor) was caught forwarding videos of women loving horses, the Tea Partiers began frantically sending horse-loving emails, because that makes you a real American or some poo poo. Every offensively dumb mistake meant that everyone must double down on that mistake, because of the constitution and America and whatever.

As my candidate refused to forward those emails, or call the citizens of Detroit the n-word (saying that word means you are a patriot standing up for American values, according to Tea Partiers' email spam), the emails got more vicious and nasty. They figured that he wasn't one of them (he wasn't), so he must be a part of the vast conspiracy of everyone out to get rural white people.

Needless to say, was I surprised when Republicans all decided to say stupid poo poo about rape? Of course not! Because when one Tea Partier does something stupid, everyone has to do it out of solidarity to ignorance. The issue of rape, something that has pretty much been decided in this country (it's wrong and evil), suddenly kept coming up as a talking point without any prompting. If a Tea Partier gets criticized, even if it's for something completely appropriate to criticize someone on, everyone else has to join in. Or you aren't a 'real American/Tea Partier/Republican/patriot'.

The Republicans are not going to fix themselves with this attitude. I don't see it getting resolved, because their base is committed to ideological purges over ignorant ideas, and any effort to stop this means that whomever is a RINO.

Bringing it back to the right-wing media, you think the right-wingers that fostered this insular culture will let any leaders emerge to change it? Heck no.

That's loving bizzare. It sounds like something a shithead on 4chan would do, not someone who claims to represent traditional values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

When Carl Paladino (the NY Tea Party candidate for governor) was caught forwarding videos of women loving horses, the Tea Partiers began frantically sending horse-loving emails, because that makes you a real American or some poo poo. Every offensively dumb mistake meant that everyone must double down on that mistake, because of the constitution and America and whatever.

Holy poo poo, these people are loving brain dead.

I mean seriously, absolutely no thinking is going on whatsoever here. A Tea Party politician got caught sending out a horse-loving video, so we have to support our fellow patriot by sending out more horse loving videos? :psyduck:

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 28, 2013