Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
We recently got some new computers at work with Office 2010 on them. I don't use the personal calender in Outlook, just our organizational one. However, Outlook insists on displaying both every time I open it up. How do I prevent that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

hooah posted:

We recently got some new computers at work with Office 2010 on them. I don't use the personal calender in Outlook, just our organizational one. However, Outlook insists on displaying both every time I open it up. How do I prevent that?

This is from Outlook 2007 but I believe that it is the same in 2010.

First click on the button labelled #1 in the picture and then uncheck the boxes for the calendars you do not want as in #2

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
"Micro$oft sucks, NOW LISTEN TO MY SONG!"

Was there a story to that beyond a FYAD flag?

And what was the song? It was some anime theme.

Haunted by this, especially the song :(

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Fire Safety Doug posted:

"Micro$oft sucks, NOW LISTEN TO MY SONG!"

Was there a story to that beyond a FYAD flag?

And what was the song? It was some anime theme.

Haunted by this, especially the song :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOGhUXDiJbo

???

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Trastion posted:

This is from Outlook 2007 but I believe that it is the same in 2010.

First click on the button labelled #1 in the picture and then uncheck the boxes for the calendars you do not want as in #2

Right, that's how I make it go away, but the next time I open it, it's checked again.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

hooah posted:

Right, that's how I make it go away, but the next time I open it, it's checked again.

Do you have the type of computers that re-image every reset?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Do you have the type of computers that re-image every reset?

Not that I'm aware of. The XP machines don't have this issue, and other settings in Outlook are retained (view, for example).

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I am looking for a web comic I believe it to be the perry bible fellowship but it was an artist doing a nude painting and he reveals the canvas which says "lets have sex"

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Black Noise posted:

I am looking for a web comic I believe it to be the perry bible fellowship but it was an artist doing a nude painting and he reveals the canvas which says "lets have sex"

This is probably not it but it's the closest I could find in the PBF archives:

http://pbfcomics.com/233

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Which is grammatically correct, or at least has the best style: "One also must not forget", "One must not also forget", or "One must also not forget"?

They're all grammatically correct. "Also" is an especially free adverb in English and can be shoved almost god drat anywhere in a sentence and it'll work. For instance, all of these are grammatical, although some are quite strange due to focus-marking and would need context : "<Also> and <also> he <also> ate <also> a hamburger <also>" Really the only things that aren't allowed are poo poo like "a also hamburger" because it can't break up the DP.

Xibanya posted:

How do I choose a good physical therapist? The orthopedic doctor guy wrote me a prescription for "physical therapy" and told me to go find one on my own because I live in the next town over. Googling "physical therapy austin" brings up so many results I'm overwhelmed. Should I just pick one randomly and see how that turns out? Anything in particular I should be looking out for?

When I was picking a PT for my leg, this is what I did and it seemed to work. Assuming you have insurance, go to their website. They probably have something where you can put in a type of doctor and a location and it'll spit out everyone who takes your insurance in, say, 20 miles. I don't have a car, so I then picked out ones that I could get to easily, but this step might not be relevant for you. Then just google them and see what people think.

It seems way too simple, but it's how I've done everything since my last move, and it's found me a really good GP, two excellent orthopedists and a great PT.

But maybe I've just been lucky.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Xibanya posted:

How do I choose a good physical therapist? The orthopedic doctor guy wrote me a prescription for "physical therapy" and told me to go find one on my own because I live in the next town over. Googling "physical therapy austin" brings up so many results I'm overwhelmed. Should I just pick one randomly and see how that turns out? Anything in particular I should be looking out for?

http://www.zocdoc.com/ may be helpful.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Very Strange Things posted:

Thanks guys. Oh, of course there's a megathread.

I didn't see it mentioned, "spin classes" would probably be a good place to start to see if she's into that kind of intensity. It's not the same of course but it's a good preparation for what extensive cycling will be, especially the whole "raw/sore rear end" part.

Just don't get a membership.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is there a tag I can add to website search fields to find videos longer than 10 minutes? (or longer/shorter than any specific time)

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
Can anyone tell me what album or maybe band poster this is it looks really familiar? http://imgur.com/DCpzQ8K

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Why do some guys (all guys?) get boners when they're really comfy? Not half-asleep or during anything sexual; a lot of my guy friends report getting boners when they're just really comfy or relaxed, and my boyfriend gets one sometimes when he gets in bed and under a warm blanket. I understand morning wood and nighttime boners and stuff, but is this a common thing, getting an erection when you're relaxed and comfortable? What causes it?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
This is news to me and I like to have boners whenever possible. Please inform me of their methods.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I was catching up on my National Geographic backlog earlier, and there was a short blurb about a recently-discovered eel species that is basically unchanged from eels from millions of years ago. It mentioned its having fewer than 90 vertebrae as being a particularly primitive feature. What's a typical number of vertebrae for modern species of eel and fish?

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

Wikipedia posted:

First it was believed European and American eels were the same species due to their similar appearance and behavior, but research has shown that they differ in chromosome count and various molecular genetic markers, and in the number of vertebrae, Anguilla anguilla counting 110 to 119 and Anguilla rostrata 103 to 110.

I can't find a nice table of vertebral counts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eel_life_history

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
There is some stupid movie I forgot the name of. It's a Japanese movie and starring three (I think) women who are demons or something. They prey on some unsuspecting dude who shows up. It features some dude who can't pleasure his wife as some sort of comic relief. Google is failing me at figuring out the name of it.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Budget Bears posted:

Why do some guys (all guys?) get boners when they're really comfy? Not half-asleep or during anything sexual; a lot of my guy friends report getting boners when they're just really comfy or relaxed, and my boyfriend gets one sometimes when he gets in bed and under a warm blanket. I understand morning wood and nighttime boners and stuff, but is this a common thing, getting an erection when you're relaxed and comfortable? What causes it?

I don't know, but it could be a conditioned response from being used to masturbating / having sex shortly after getting comfy. Personally, I don't get comfy boners.

Disappointing egg
Jun 21, 2007

Hey, come over here and sit on my lap. No, it's not a sexual thing, I'm just relaxed. Can you jiggle around a bit? Yeah, that's good, now I'm really relaxed.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It must be hard for the guy to admit that he has masturbate-under-blankets parties with his friends.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

cargo cult posted:

Can anyone tell me what album or maybe band poster this is it looks really familiar? http://imgur.com/DCpzQ8K

Nation of Ulysses - 13-Point Program to Destroy America

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Is it possible for Pandora to start playing a different genre of music if you upvote the right songs or is every song strictly categorized?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Budget Bears posted:

I've never got a boner from being comfy, but I have heard some guys get horny eating sugary things. Sometimes there are just completely random boners. Out of interest why the hell are you having people report their boners to you?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Crankit posted:

Out of interest why the hell are you having people report their boners to you?

Boner tweeting boxers

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

effectual posted:

Is there a tag I can add to website search fields to find videos longer than 10 minutes? (or longer/shorter than any specific time)

Depends entirely on the website. Consult the site help/advanced search panel/whatever that website has.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

effectual posted:

Google video search has that ability.

Zewle
Aug 12, 2005
Delaware Defense Force Janitor
Those free music from blank music services that seem to come with everything you buy these days. Do musicians get paid anything if you get some music with those free music token things, or is it just a giveaway from the service?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Black Noise posted:

I know the one you mean. I think it's one of the ones that he removed to put in the book.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Mescal posted:

I don't know, but it could be a conditioned response from being used to masturbating / having sex shortly after getting comfy. Personally, I don't get comfy boners.

I kind of wonder if it might be just the fact that guys pop boners pretty much all goddamn day for any or no reason at all coupled with confirmation bias.

ZoneManagement
Sep 25, 2005
Forgive me father for I have sinned
What ever happened to Curtis and his slapping?

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.

Cakefool posted:

Boner tweeting boxers

This exactly.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Some YouTube video clips have thumbnails that is an image not present anywhere in the actual video. Some cheeky posters will put a bikini babe in the thumbnail to trick surfers into watching a very banal clip. How do they do this? If the fake booty image is actually hidden in the clip, how can I locate it?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If Youtube likes you they let you give your videos custom thumbnails which can be anything you like.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS

Baron Bifford posted:

Some YouTube video clips have thumbnails that is an image not present anywhere in the actual video. Some cheeky posters will put a bikini babe in the thumbnail to trick surfers into watching a very banal clip. How do they do this? If the fake booty image is actually hidden in the clip, how can I locate it?

right-click on the video and choose "stop download" to see the image.

hitension
Feb 14, 2005

Hey guys, I learned Chinese so that I can write shame in another language
Not sure if this is more economics or business, but I'm interested in the phenomenon where certain types of chain stores (for example, pharmacies like CVS/DuaneReade) can easily remain profitable in urban and suburban areas alike, while others, such as Olive Garden, are virtually only found in suburban/rural areas. I think product differentiation has something to do with it--people who want a bottled water or aspirin don't care if it comes from a corner store or from a big chain store. But people who want Italian food will always prefer an "authentic" experience, so Olive Garden can never compete when there's a Little Italy within a 30 mile radius. But I would love to read an academic article or even newspaper article exploring this topic in more depth. I've also noticed that there are fewer and fewer McDonalds in cities, but more and more restaurants that pretend to be upscale while still offering junk food (Starbucks). Is there a name for this phenomenon?

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

hitension posted:

Not sure if this is more economics or business, but I'm interested in the phenomenon where certain types of chain stores (for example, pharmacies like CVS/DuaneReade) can easily remain profitable in urban and suburban areas alike, while others, such as Olive Garden, are virtually only found in suburban/rural areas. I think product differentiation has something to do with it--people who want a bottled water or aspirin don't care if it comes from a corner store or from a big chain store. But people who want Italian food will always prefer an "authentic" experience, so Olive Garden can never compete when there's a Little Italy within a 30 mile radius. But I would love to read an academic article or even newspaper article exploring this topic in more depth. I've also noticed that there are fewer and fewer McDonalds in cities, but more and more restaurants that pretend to be upscale while still offering junk food (Starbucks). Is there a name for this phenomenon?

The overall field that studies this is "Business Geographics." This would include deciding where to place restaurants based on their geographical location (ex. an IHOP would do well here but not a Pizza Hut.)

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is there a list of titles somewhere? Like PhD, MBA, CSA, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.

the posted:

Is there a list of titles somewhere? Like PhD, MBA, CSA, etc?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_titles

e: what you're looking for with examples like PhD are post-nominal letters, basically suffixes not titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-nominal_letters

whiteshark12 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 28, 2013