Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fitocracy or plain old notebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

DoktorLoken posted:

So I started stripped 5x5 yesterday. Any suggestions on iPhone apps for keeping track of lifts?

Just use a notebook.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The Notes app

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

DoktorLoken posted:

So I started stripped 5x5 yesterday. Any suggestions on iPhone apps for keeping track of lifts?

Check out "Strong" it's the best one without all the bs IMO. I think its $1?

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Deathy McDeath posted:

The Notes app

This!!!
That's what I use for my work outs. Blast internet radio, get my timer up for my 45second rest breaks, and get notes to record my poo poo with my prewritten work out.

My APFT was a failure. My friend and I who both just came back from mission did about the same (He's a better runner than me and way stronger. But I'm smaller and leaner.) I did 76pu, 68su, 16:18 on my run. He did 73pu, 74su, 16:00 run.

Still sore from doing legs earlier this week, did chest but i don't think it made me too sore nor did back. Skipped out on arms last night because I wasn't sure how I was going to do and went to Hooters for all you can eat wings night instead with my team before they go back to their home base. I went down about 20 points since my last PT test but not too bad considering I came back from a 2 month mission this weekend still heavily jet lagged and with no cardio. Now I can start on my work out routine. Doing a body builder work out right now and finally can do legs properly with the right equipment. Adding sprints 3x a week so I can get my run down to the low to mid 14's.

Gotta do a PT plan for my team for next month. Thinking about doing that LTC's strength training for his cadets. Does anyone still have that link?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DoktorLoken posted:

I just use a notebook and type it all in to Fitocracy when I get home. Every fitness tracking app I've seen has been annoying as hell to use.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Kaliber posted:

This!!!
That's what I use for my work outs. Blast internet radio, get my timer up for my 45second rest breaks, and get notes to record my poo poo with my prewritten work out.

My APFT was a failure. My friend and I who both just came back from mission did about the same (He's a better runner than me and way stronger. But I'm smaller and leaner.) I did 76pu, 68su, 16:18 on my run. He did 73pu, 74su, 16:00 run.

Still sore from doing legs earlier this week, did chest but i don't think it made me too sore nor did back. Skipped out on arms last night because I wasn't sure how I was going to do and went to Hooters for all you can eat wings night instead with my team before they go back to their home base. I went down about 20 points since my last PT test but not too bad considering I came back from a 2 month mission this weekend still heavily jet lagged and with no cardio. Now I can start on my work out routine. Doing a body builder work out right now and finally can do legs properly with the right equipment. Adding sprints 3x a week so I can get my run down to the low to mid 14's.

Gotta do a PT plan for my team for next month. Thinking about doing that LTC's strength training for his cadets. Does anyone still have that link?

I dunno about a link but I saved the PDF to my desktop when I read it. I can email it to you if you want.

So now that I'm doing stripped 5x5, would it be bad to also do sets of rowers/sit-ups and plank exercises afterwards to further workout my abs/core? Also sprints/HIIT after lifting Y/N?

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 1, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Deathy McDeath posted:

The Notes app

The correct answer

b....b....but i can't play my lifting mmo :qq:

vains
May 26, 2004

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I just use a notebook and type it all in to Fitocracy when I get home. Every fitness tracking app I've seen has been annoying as hell to use.

I don't really get the point of Fitocracy. I lift weights because I like lifting weights(and so I can get super saiyan swole and powerfuck disgusting sluts), not to make some arbitrary meaningless number go up.

What functionality does fitocracy have that a notebook and excel doesn't?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Veins McGee posted:

not to make some arbitrary meaningless number go up.

but thats what lifting is lol ;D

vains
May 26, 2004

genderstomper58 posted:

but thats what lifting is lol ;D

gently caress

Life is without meaning.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Veins McGee posted:

I have friends that lift as well, but we can't lift together. (I go to the gym at 3am), so we use that to compete with each other.

Also to yell at each other to do more deadlifts.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guys seriously try the "Strong" fitness app if you hate all that other bs

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Veins McGee posted:

I don't really get the point of Fitocracy. I lift weights because I like lifting weights(and so I can get super saiyan swole and powerfuck disgusting sluts), not to make some arbitrary meaningless number go up.

It allows nerds to make fitness into an MMO

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Really? That's sort of ridiculous.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I think Reddit flipped the gently caress out on the creator when he posted on there, saying it wasn't MMOish enough.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I make my guys do one long run a week, then either: 60:120's, hill repeats, or mile repeats (with a fartlek run back). We did a mile test to gauge our pace and most of us were below 7 minutes. We'll see how it goes next week during our PT test since we got out of NTC about 2 weeks ago.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

I dunno about a link but I saved the PDF to my desktop when I read it. I can email it to you if you want.

So now that I'm doing stripped 5x5, would it be bad to also do sets of rowers/sit-ups and plank exercises afterwards to further workout my abs/core? Also sprints/HIIT after lifting Y/N?

can you email it to me?

wilson.ly @ gmail.com

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Kaliber posted:

can you email it to me?

wilson.ly @ gmail.com

Ya, when I get home later. No problem.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
There's tons of hot fit chicks on fitocracy who like to post pictures of their butts. It's rad.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I use it as a back up to my note book.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

So rear end pics of females you say? Signing up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kaliber posted:

So rear end pics of females you say? Signing up.

Oh yea there is a ton of that.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

holocaust bloopers posted:

Oh yea there is a ton of that.

gross!!!

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Kaliber posted:

How old are you? I thought you were 27 or so? That would put you at a 252. Not good at all, but not failing.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Martello posted:

How old are you? I thought you were 27 or so? That would put you at a 252. Not good at all, but not failing.

Not failing but it's still a poo poo score. My next record PT test is this june about a week or two after I come back from another recovery mission so I got a few months to get my run down to a 14:30 and hope my run time doesn't go down more than a minute. I swear my 1SG does this on purpose sometimes. Making the teams do PT test right after missions.

DoktorLoken posted:

How do you have energy to do sprints/HIIT after lifting?! I'm usually worn out and ready to go home and take a shower and lay around all night! When I do cardio (hardly ever) I usually just do it in the mornings before I go in for work and then hit the gym later the day during lunch or in the evenings.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Kaliber posted:

can you email it to me?

wilson.ly @ gmail.com

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8359268/apft_strength_whittemore.pdf

Put it up on dropbox in case anyone else wants it.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
Did my first loving muscle-up today, kipped into it which is gay but still, that's a thing. Also Deadlifted 2 plates for 5x5, which is only impressive because that's 165% of my bodyweight.
:toot:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Deadlifted 315 today.

Life owns.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Deadlifted 315 today.

Life owns.

nice warmup

jk man hitting a new plate always owns congrats :)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

if you guys want hot fitness chicks

http://sweatingmyassoff.tumblr.com/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Deadlifted 315 today.

Life owns.

Good job, dude.

Haven't benched in in two weeks. Today was awful.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I feel like my other lifts are going up, but my bench sucks. What are some options to break the plateau?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Ashmole posted:

I feel like my other lifts are going up, but my bench sucks. What are some options to break the plateau?

depends where you're failing man!!!

but srsly i find the best thing that helps benching is benching more and switching up reps/sets

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ashmole posted:

Let me take a wild stab here -- you're failing from chest to 2" above. Rack benching is very handy for this.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ashmole posted:

reset weight?

rack lock outs? Which I assume is what ^ was talking about Idk if this is good form or not but yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmyVQVMcVS4

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
just sayin dudes prob not @ that level where he needs to isolate to make ~gainz~ n can prolly just bench more

benching is the worst bc when you stop your strength just plummets :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^^^^
Who knows man. I'm of the opinion that smart accessory work is a help. But yea, eat more, rest more, lift more is always the simplest solution.

Ya that but not as stupid looking. Set up in a cage with a proper bench. Do sets of 5 and triples . It'll take some experimentation to figure out what weights are good. If you wanna be a sperg, use about 60-70% of your 1RM. Too easy or hard, adjust weight. At least 3 sets at the end of bench day. That's how I do it when I do rack work.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I was gonna lift today but my wife is out of town so I've been drinking since noon. Fake bachelor life owns.

Christoff posted:

if you guys want hot fitness chicks

http://sweatingmyassoff.tumblr.com/

More dudes than chicks on this site*

*not complaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Ashmole posted:

Do some other chest exercise instead of bench for a month. Switch reps/weight/sets around.