Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Christoph posted:

Her name is Mabel Mischief and she makes every day awesome. I am obsessed with her.

:swoon: How old is she? She looks tiny... Have you had her since she was kitten? (Man, maybe I should start going to Pet Island, I need more cute kitty pictures in my life.)

fake edit: Also, today I went and did Zumba at a local gym knowing exactly zero people there and totally getting into it. I am proud of myself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I now wear a size 2 (UK 6) in the first time since I can remember :toot:.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
First day for the final semester of my Accounting Degree.

It's so close I can taste it.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
On Friday, I was useful in helping my boss set up for an open house museum exhibit. He needed skeletons to show off to the public, so after he got the dogs and monkeys set up, I suggested a platypus and a cat. He loved it. I love museums.

This weekend, I sent in my tax returns. I also found out my pay from a few weeks ago came through, so I bought a few cheap games to reward myself. Then I beat Megaman 10. I've never beaten a Megaman game until yesterday.

Good weekend all around.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

CommanderCoffee posted:

On Friday, I was useful in helping my boss set up for an open house museum exhibit. He needed skeletons to show off to the public, so after he got the dogs and monkeys set up, I suggested a platypus and a cat. He loved it. I love museums.

Between that and my awesome Public History class, I can't wait to actually start working in museums. I'm also doing a project stretching between two classes this semester on the historical impact of the Battle of Blair Mountain and why it seems to be missing from the national historical memory, and hopefully one of my professors will be publishing part of my work in a project she's doing and giving me proper credit for my contributions. I finally feel like I'm actually moving towards a career in History.

Baby Ruth Ginsburg
Jan 29, 2013
Last night my boyfriend stayed over, so I got to wake up next to him, which is always really lovely since he lives in a different city. We made waffles and snuggled with my kitty until he had to leave.

Then, I went into MEGA cleaning mode and organized all of the poo poo in my room that's been just been sitting around. I did ALL of my wash, including bed sheets, and put a new duvet cover on my comforter.

I have also decided to stop eating meat (again) and feel really good about it.

And a paycheck came in of notable size. Just in time for rent.

Also - this thread always makes me smile and I love it.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Not me but my boyfriend has an interview for a pretty decent paying job tomorrow. We may be able to move in together sooner than we'd thought.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

An incredibly satisfying day at work, busy and exhausting but I kept it together and it paid off. More of the same tomorrow.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I just sat down on my front stoop for a good 15 minutes, just petting this neighbourhood cat. I'm incredibly allergic to cats, but for some reason I'm just a little bit less allergic to white cats (still not enough to own one though), so I didn't have any big reactions or breathing problems right away. I forgot how amazing a warm, purring cat feels and sounds, and I might have cried a little bit. It's been 12 years since I had to give all my pets away, probably just under one year since the last time I touched a cat, and even though I had a bit of a delayed reaction, it was all worth it. I think my week's been made :3:

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
I made a torta de Santiago last night, it was my first time making one. I took it to work today and gave it to my co-workers and it was a huge hit that everyone raved about.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My fiancée just found out she got hired for a good job at a good salary in Montreal, where she's from and where I want to be, and she starts March 11th. We're moving in less than 2 weeks time! :toot:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got a job!

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
My best friend, who is basically my sister, just had her baby, and I was the only one besides her mom here with her in the delivery room. I just got to watch a human life come into the world. My niece is absolutely gorgeous!!
Also, just got offered the job I interviewed for, so passed both the drug test and background check!

youareoffthehook has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Feb 28, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I watched the first 8 episodes of Sports Night in a row last night, just to try it, and I think I need to see the rest. Yay for Netflix Instant.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got interviewed by two huge aerospace companies, and I got my first job as an engineer :D

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Got my brother a birthday present and got myself some cheap stuff because I could.

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
I got the apartment I wanted! I'm so excited to be part of a city again.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
Archaeology class today was, "Here's some grain, a squash, and about a third of a pig. Make it into viable food using only Neolithic Tools." I got to cut pork by using a sharp and awesome obsidian edge. More importantly, as my group was starting up, things that I knew ended up getting me compliments from the group members. They both said that I'm going to be the next Indiana Jones because of how much I knew about Neolithic food prep. It was a :3: moment considering it's the first time a peer has told me my major choice is something I'm good at.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
I finished The Lonely War which turned out to be pretty good, and learned how to make whiskey sours without ice (because I'm out of ice). Good whiskey apparently helps a lot.

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
My little puppy that I had to give away when I lived overseas because a neighbor had a vendetta against me and poisoned my old dog is still alive! Last I heard she got bit by a pit viper and I never knew if she survived or not...someone just posted a picture of her on Facebook and she is cute and as healthy as ever!! Toughest third world dog I ever knew, that's why every dog should be named Lou Ferrigno.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

platedlizard posted:

I finished The Lonely War which turned out to be pretty good, and learned how to make whiskey sours without ice (because I'm out of ice). Good whiskey apparently helps a lot.

Taking advice from Kelly I see.

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
My new friend I met at karaoke was so drunk and his girlfriend was so emotional that he left without his water bottle full of vodka and orange juice. I'm sitting in my underwear drinking a ghetto screwdriver and eating buffalo wings. I also killed it at karaoke; my And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going is untouchable by anyone not named Jennifer Holliday.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

KatWithHands posted:

I just sat down on my front stoop for a good 15 minutes, just petting this neighbourhood cat. I'm incredibly allergic to cats, but for some reason I'm just a little bit less allergic to white cats (still not enough to own one though), so I didn't have any big reactions or breathing problems right away. I forgot how amazing a warm, purring cat feels and sounds, and I might have cried a little bit. It's been 12 years since I had to give all my pets away, probably just under one year since the last time I touched a cat, and even though I had a bit of a delayed reaction, it was all worth it. I think my week's been made :3:

They're expensive and might be hard to find but have you looked at getting a Siberian? They're super fluffy, super cute and super hypoallergenic! My girlfriend is allergic to cats too so its the breed we're going to go for when we move in together.

Speaking of, my day is awesome because I am counting down to when I get to see my girlfriend again. We haven't seen each other in nearly a year (since May actually, which is funny because that also happens to be her name) due to various medical, family and financial issues cropping up but we're spending a week together in a fancy hotel in the city and I can't wait :3:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Faerie Fortune posted:

They're expensive and might be hard to find but have you looked at getting a Siberian? They're super fluffy, super cute and super hypoallergenic! My girlfriend is allergic to cats too so its the breed we're going to go for when we move in together.

Speaking of, my day is awesome because I am counting down to when I get to see my girlfriend again. We haven't seen each other in nearly a year (since May actually, which is funny because that also happens to be her name) due to various medical, family and financial issues cropping up but we're spending a week together in a fancy hotel in the city and I can't wait :3:

There's no such thing as a hypoallergenic cat, other than that one type they had to genetically engineer. It's their saliva that most people are allergic to. Whoever told you that any breed of cat is hypoallergenic lied to you, sorry to say. Otherwise they sound like a neat cat.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Nobody told me really, google did. I mean, it is misleading to say they don't trigger allergies at all and I don't mean to give that impression at all! But they have done studies that have shown that certain breeds have less allergens than others. If they don't, that's okay and I'll admit that I'm wrong and go tell my girlfriend to get some allergy shots so we can get a floofy kitty instead.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I cleaned the poo poo out of my room, and reorganized my wardrobe so it's easier to find stuff.

And I'm going to make some pasta bolognese for dinner.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Living like a bachelor while the wife is away, and getting poo poo done (just finished our taxes)!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Living like a bachelor while the wife is away

Cup of Hemlock posted:

getting poo poo done (just finished our taxes)!
Which one is it? Getting poo poo done is about as far from the bachelor life as possible, bro.

My day was awesome because I didn't hit a hawk with my car and my raid group killed Grand Empress Shek'zeer for the first time.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I watched some good wrestling matches with my little brother and we had fun.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Cub Scout event I helped organize went exceedingly well.

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
Woke up with a hangover and found out I'd gotten sick.
But when I did my taxes I found out I'm getting 10k DKK (~1740 $) back. So that's nice.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Coronet XX posted:

Which one is it? Getting poo poo done is about as far from the bachelor life as possible, bro.

That's a great point. I'm sticking with the literal definition. If I truly lived the bachelor lifestyle this weekend, the next few days would be hell for me.

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
Yesterday a little girl in a grocery store came up to me and said that she liked my shoes. :3:

And today I finally received my diploma in the mail, turns out I graduated summa cum laude! :toot:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I found out today that I got the house I wanted to rent. Going from a 450 square foot studio with a kitchen the size of a closet and no parking to an 1100 square foot house with a massive yard and a big kitchen. And the best part? The house is only $295 a month more than the apartment.

A garden, space for a barbeque and the ability to leave my house whenever I want for however long I want without having to answer the question of "is it worth losing my parking space?" I hate moving but, woohoo, today is awesome!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
My roommate will be officially moved out in one week. As of today, all the utilities have been switched to my name so that when she leaves, I will be living alone in a two bedroom apartment :) I also am getting a lot of help from my amazing friends in turning the apartment into a nicer place, including: getting me a big discount on paint, cat sitting for me while I get the carpets cleaned, waking up early to help me move furniture and coming over to help me pick paint colors. I'm really feeling lucky I have help with this.

Also, my new boyfriend asked me today if I'd meet his best friends. This seems like a big deal for him so I'm pretty excited!

PLUS, my best friends birthday is tomorrow. To celebrate, he's coming to visit me in my hometown for the first time ever. It's going to be a blast!

:dance:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I went to the gym a couple days ago and a couple of the girls that work the front desk pretty much know me as a regular there, so we chat up once in a while. One of them was there and while I was checking in (they have a fingerprint reader that you sign in with), and out of nowhere she said "every time I see you I want to say your name in a silly accent, but I never did because I thought you'd think I was weird or something." I joked around with her and said "well, what makes you think I don't consider you weird already?" and we both laughed it off.

Today I went in and she was there, and happily greeted me with the goofiest fake British accent. :3: Put a grin on my face for the rest of the day, sometimes the smallest things can make a day a million times better.

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.
My khopesh I'm making for my Metal Sculpture class that'll double as my Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology final project was craved in wax on Friday. I'm extremely pleased with the results. I'm more pleased at the compliments coming from basically everyone else in the class, ranging from art majors to game designers to architecture students, that it seemed like something they would find in a shipwreck. :3: Every time my life kind of sucks for some reason, I do something that everyone else appreciates and it makes me feel fantastic.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
I start my new job today!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I looked after a dog I really like and it was very nice. We went for an awesome walk and he just chilled with me whilst I played Tomb Raider.

Then later on I found out my girlfriend whom I've been with a relatively short time knows how to cheer my up better than my own mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Anjow posted:

I looked after a dog I really like and it was very nice. We went for an awesome walk and he just chilled with me whilst I played Tomb Raider.

Then later on I found out my girlfriend whom I've been with a relatively short time knows how to cheer my up better than my own mother.

it's a magical moment when you find someone that gives better head than your mom