Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
A question on using Strength or Ego as a super stat. The mouse over tool tip for Ego shows like +30% damage in yellow from being a super stat and +20% ranged damage in white like a normal stat.

How do these two values work together? Do they stack for a total of +50% ranged damage? Does the yellow +30% damage supersede the +20%? Or some other weird sort of Cryptic math?

Filthy Lucre fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like the costume pieces are given out as the event advances. From what they're saying, this week is the helmet.

Mewnie posted:

Are there any left-hand only fire attacks? Or are they right only?

Wondering about this, as I got the Warlord Bracer and sadly, on male characters, it only works on the left arm and I want to have a flamethrower-like attack.

I'm not sure which goes to which arm, sorry.

Try Heat Wave. I know it's one handed, but I don't know which.

Filthy Lucre posted:

A question on using Strength or Ego as a super stat. The mouse over tool tip for Ego shows like +30% damage in yellow from being a super stat and +20% ranged damage in white like a normal stat.

How do these two values work together? Do they stack for a total of +50% ranged damage? Does the yellow +30% damage supersede the +20%? Or some other weird sort of Cryptic math?

They stack, but probably not to 50%. CO has some weird scaling.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I'm pretty sure they do stack to 50%, but it's probably only 50% base damage.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 8, 2013

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.
All damage bonuses from all sources are additive, unless they made some drastic changes recently that I didn't hear about.

20% from ego + 20% from superstat + 20% from passive + 20% from a form + 20% from offense stat = 100% bonus to base damage, for example. Ranking up your damage powers is the only way to change that base damage, and is thus very important.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Mental Discipline works in a very weird way too, it seems to be a multiplier after all the additive buffs are calculated so 18% more damage after calculations is actually very noticeable when its off versus when its on. On another note, debuffs to enemy defense are also extremely important to squeeze all possible damage from your build.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

HukHukHuk posted:

Mental Discipline works in a very weird way too, it seems to be a multiplier after all the additive buffs are calculated so 18% more damage after calculations is actually very noticeable when its off versus when its on. On another note, debuffs to enemy defense are also extremely important to squeeze all possible damage from your build.
On that note, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how the various defense debuffs work. I'm completely unsure whether the ones that don't say they're specifically for your attacks (Rend, Shredded, Penetrating Strikes) affect teammate damage or not, or whether there's any sort of cap.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 10, 2013

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.

HukHukHuk posted:

If my memory is correct (and it might not be because I never used the relevant powers) the various "aspects" used to function that way but were changed to be additive when the form revamp happened. Odd that we've still got one that is using the old multiplicative method.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

General Maximus posted:

Time will tell, I suppose.

Recent posts have said that this event is to be semi-permanent. They're planning several more, and they'll be rotating events like Blood Moon.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
On the other hand, this is Cryptic we're talking about and I've learned to take anything they say with a grain of salt until I actually see it ingame. I'm just saying.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can get the costume piece for the rest of today and Sunday. It goes away at 3am PST on Monday morning.

It's a bubble helmet with scuba-ey stuff on it.

Pictures here: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=798701

The NPC is near the RenCen Powerhouse.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Can someone put a screenshot up of it on imgur or something? DoD blocks any website related to gaming (gently caress them).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They work in both Humanoid and Alien Helmet, and have 4 color channels including glow. None of the bubble helmet custom headwear parts work with them though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 11, 2013

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Wow that's ugly as sin. Although, I guess that means this whole thing will be related to some under water stuff. I was hoping for space action. :(

Hmmmm, I supposed it could be space still, but I doubt it.

EDIT: yeah that background has seaweed. Damnit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first little bit of fluff they wrote for it said something like "they're getting stirred up down here."

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I hated Lemuria so much. Sigh.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Lemuria expansion pack! My half joking prophesy is coming true! gently caress yes! :v:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I like Lemuria :smith:

Sure- navigating in the coral reef, trying to find the right cave was a pain in the rear end. But it's so pretty at high settings.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
The heroes aren't going to Lemuria, though. Lemuria's coming to Millennium City.

Souichiro
Aug 31, 2003

You should focus on doing the things only you can do.
I'm back with another possibly stupid question. Is there a way to stop the game from automatically adding the Armadillo/Cyber Augmented Suit/Samurai powers from automatically adding themselves to the tray? Or am I the fool for buying the set in the first place?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mewnie posted:

I like Lemuria :smith:

Sure- navigating in the coral reef, trying to find the right cave was a pain in the rear end. But it's so pretty at high settings.

Lemuria made me eternally thankful for the "F" key. I am a terrible 3D navigator, so being able to push one button that makes my character go over to the bad guy so I can punch him in the face was a lifesaver.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Souichiro posted:

I'm back with another possibly stupid question. Is there a way to stop the game from automatically adding the Armadillo/Cyber Augmented Suit/Samurai powers from automatically adding themselves to the tray? Or am I the fool for buying the set in the first place?

Just line up enough skills that it ends up at 6 or 7 or bind that specific key to something you will never, ever push.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I seem to be catching conflicting info about this, and with the wiki being out of date, I figured I'd best ask here.

When does the Bloodmoon event run? I can't seem to find anything on the ingame calendar, and with th skull'n'book markers still being still on the MC overworld, maybe there is some credence behind the word being that this event runs monthly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dinictus posted:

I seem to be catching conflicting info about this, and with the wiki being out of date, I figured I'd best ask here.

When does the Bloodmoon event run? I can't seem to find anything on the ingame calendar, and with th skull'n'book markers still being still on the MC overworld, maybe there is some credence behind the word being that this event runs monthly.

Roughly monthly. Sometimes it doesn't happen in one month.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Roughly monthly. Sometimes it doesn't happen in one month.

So how would you know it even runs? And it probably only runs for a few hours, if that. Cryptic :psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It should be in the in game calendar.

It lasts the weekend. It's really annoying so a lot of people don't like it.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
It used to run on weekends coinciding with the full moon of each month, but as of late (probably thanks to the overpowered equipment and becomes associated with it) it's fallen out of the event rotation. Last time I remember it happening was pretty much last year's Halloween.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Having some trouble with the C-Store at the moment, wondering if anyone else has encountered this before: I'm trying to trasnfer some Zen from my general account into Co, but whenever I get to the 'choose server' drop-box it just tells me I have no character, even though I did create a temporary dude and put him into the game just so I could get this done. Anyone else seen this happen? All I want to do is grab an Archetype and some extra stuff before I play.

VVV Blaaaaaargh. Thanks man.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 24, 2013

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Pierson posted:

Having some trouble with the C-Store at the moment, wondering if anyone else has encountered this before: I'm trying to trasnfer some Zen from my general account into Co, but whenever I get to the 'choose server' drop-box it just tells me I have no character, even though I did create a temporary dude and put him into the game just so I could get this done. Anyone else seen this happen? All I want to do is grab an Archetype and some extra stuff before I play.

It's something weird, like needing to go through the tutorial or get a character to level 10 or something.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Note to self: always go get the double-XP buff from Witchcraft before doing anything. :doh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Note to self: always go get the double-XP buff from Witchcraft before doing anything. :doh:
It's okay, I forgot this too. Despite telling myself "I remember from last time, I have to talk to Witchcraft" :downs: right as I started... And proceed to fly right by her.

On the bright side, I remembered later so now I have Avalanche that much sooner on my new Ice guy. I can't quite tell, is it worth it to rank up Shatter? All I've been using it for is to pop chilled minions faster despite it's energy return gimmick, since it consumes the chills and tap spamming Ice Blast has been more helpful against single targets thanks to Hard Frost.

How's Ice Walk on Wall Of Ice? I vaguely recall it being a build of the moment deal for a short time around launch, but thins change. I'll likely end up filling in later powers with as many ice object powers as possible, just for maximum ice everywhere.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there any reason CO & STO don't just up the XP for Double XP Weekends like every other MMO? It's just so weird to have to talk to one specific NPC, and if you're nowhere near them when it runs out, welp.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Is there any reason CO & STO don't just up the XP for Double XP Weekends like every other MMO? It's just so weird to have to talk to one specific NPC, and if you're nowhere near them when it runs out, welp.

Must have something to do with how XP rates are coded in the engine.

Using an NPC lets you take the buff before the event ends, and get an extra (Duration) of Double XP though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

15% bonus zen this weekend, if you feel like buying it.

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=826581

... And yeah, there... hasn't been much to talk about with ChampO lately, has there? I guess the Lemurian event and stuff? I haven't played this since like last November... :ohdear:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Asimo posted:

15% bonus zen this weekend, if you feel like buying it.

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=826581

... And yeah, there... hasn't been much to talk about with ChampO lately, has there? I guess the Lemurian event and stuff? I haven't played this since like last November... :ohdear:

Pretty much what happens when content comes out as slowly as CO (not meant to insult them, since they have made quite an effort with how tiny their crew must be). On the bright side, barring any delays, the Lemurian event should be coming out tomorrow! The harbinger concept art looks pretty rad, and comes with 2 recolors of the hoverbikes as well as a Lemurian Tank (whatever that will be).

I really hope Neverwinter is a success, and that it will make them willing to hire more people for CO, as unlikely as the latter part of that might be :(

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 28, 2013

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. STO's been improving at a good clip, but it's still a fairly slow development process (the next big patch is out in May for example, with nothing in the interim but some store releases), and I wonder just how much of the staff is occupied on Neverwinter. It's not exactly a secret that STO is by far the moneymaker of Cryptic's two current games, with ChampO more a labor of dev love. :sigh:

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

I'm getting the superhero itch again, and I can't play DCUO because of SoE's masterful incompetence, so I'm trying to wrangle me some cheapo game time for Champions.

Does anyone have experience applying a base box code from a Euro source onto an account that started in North America? I've been sifting through Ebay and there are several base box versions for about $2.50, but I'm wondering if they would even work in the same way as the NA boxes. (I'm assuming that you can still apply a NA code for 30 days of time once per retail 'source'.)

Alternately if anyone happens to have any 60 day timecards they don't want anymore I'm attempting to get those too. There's only a single Ebay seller going for sub 10$ at the moment though. I can't use Amazon because I use Paypal, and I'm Canadian.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think CO launched with global servers so there shouldn't be regional accounts, but I'm not certain.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm almost positive that everyone in ChampO connects to the same server. Same thing for STO, leading to hilarity of certain global messages coming up in French/German/etc. when triggered by a player of the appropriate region.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Asimo posted:

Yeah, I'm almost positive that everyone in ChampO connects to the same server. Same thing for STO, leading to hilarity of certain global messages coming up in French/German/etc. when triggered by a player of the appropriate region.

Clearly their Universal Translator needs some work! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

So! Time to get some laughs in on this dumb game anon! Pocket D Bingo lives again as Club Caprice Bingo!

Join our host, the Bingo Bot, as it traverses the Millennium City nightlife and will forever be scarred. Fun! Games! Adventure! Probably pubbie tears!

And best of all, the Bingo Bot happily accepts entries from up and coming contestants!

Updates and unhappy contestants! I can hardly wait!