Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Shodai posted:

Thanks! I'm running around now with a merc - See how this goes.

And make sure it's the Rank 1 Journeyman merc - there's quite a big difference between them and the apprentice ones. If you need plat, ask in general for some mercenary money and someone will be sure to hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
edit: Nevermind

Hollow Hills fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 25, 2013

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
what a thing to say at the table
Anybody doing copies of a 92 nonvis/aug package? My ranger (main) just hit it last night and I've got all the FT stuff, 1 melee wep and a bow but I'm still using some t2 HoT nonvis. Figured I'd check.

e: My character is Crimes, by the way.

gang control fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 25, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

gang control posted:

Anybody doing copies of a 92 nonvis/aug package? My ranger (main) just hit it last night and I've got all the FT stuff, 1 melee wep and a bow but I'm still using some t2 HoT nonvis. Figured I'd check.

Second this! My rogue is wearing a lot of 85 nonvis still :)

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
TOLAPUMJJ Got his 2.0 today - thanks to Kodaji and everyone else that helped!

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Is there some sort of auto key hitter thing that I can use when working on raising my ranger's magic school skills? I'd like to just watch TV or dick around on my iPad instead of sitting there hitting 55555555 to raise my abjuration.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
How hard is the SK Epic 2.0 these days? I remember it being one of the hardest when I was playing awhile back.

Edit: Does anyone have any druid gear for a 58-60ish level? I'm leveling my druid up so I can box it with my SK (I swore I wasn't going to box, but 2 mercs is better than 1)

If so, could you parcel it to Rahneex? All she has is a defiant cap, and Fear gear and her Epic. (She is old school)

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 26, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ukrainius maximus posted:

Is there some sort of auto key hitter thing that I can use when working on raising my ranger's magic school skills? I'd like to just watch TV or dick around on my iPad instead of sitting there hitting 55555555 to raise my abjuration.

Autohotkey works. Just make sure that EQ is NOT running as an administrator, and AHK IS running as administrator.

I set up a macro in game to /cast 4, /pause X (depended on spell), then repeat, then set AHK to broadcast to the game window every 30-60 seconds.

Though fair warning, it's "technically" against the terms of conduct.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Auto Hotkey (AHK) does exactly what you're looking for, for free. It takes a little bit of work to write the script [you have to create a loop] but I can post mine this evening. Unless someone else has one they can share.

Comfortador - have you checked the bazaar for "defiant leather", and "defiant adept's" stuff? You can also get easy "kill 5 mob" quests from Franklin Teek to get defiant waist/shoulder/back gear, and there's a vendor in PoK that sells defiant rings, ears, face, and neck. But as a caster, I wouldn't sweat the gear too much until level 70 for Elegant Defiant, then 80 for Abstruse.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

bacon! posted:

TOLAPUMJJ Got his 2.0 today - thanks to Kodaji and everyone else that helped!

No grats!

Comfortador posted:

How hard is the SK Epic 2.0 these days? I remember it being one of the hardest when I was playing awhile back.

SK 2.0 is really trivial, the only roadblock is the Anguish orb which most 90+ classes can solo these days. I know Kodaji has solo'd them before, I'm sure I could do it too as our gear and AA is pretty comparable.

Some people have issues with the drops in Howling Stones but that took me around an hour I think. Being able to Hate Step through the locked doors is nice.

I guess it depends on your level. I did the final fight solo at 90 and don't think I ever dropped below 98% HP.

The 1.5 has some tedious camps if I recall, Murkglider being one, but if you're over-leveled for it I wouldn't be concerned. Trying to do it solo under level 85 or so is gonna be pretty tough.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Thanks guys, I will look into it when I get home from work later. Devor, if you wanna post yours that would be much appreciated, otherwise I'll check it out myself and try to create one. I just can't be assed to sit there and cast brambleshield or whatever the gently caress over and over, ya know?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Thanks guys, I will look into it when I get home from work later. Devor, if you wanna post yours that would be much appreciated, otherwise I'll check it out myself and try to create one. I just can't be assed to sit there and cast brambleshield or whatever the gently caress over and over, ya know?

Yeah I'll post it when I can later. It's important to choose a good spell as well - you want to choose the fastest casting spell (including the recast time), at which you are still mana-stable. If you have a mount, you can be resting while you cast (for 5 hrs til mount runs out) for insane mana regen, otherwise your tiny standing mana regen means a small casting cost is important. For abjuration on your ranger, if mana's an issue I would go with Endure Fire, 2.5sec for 20 mana, unless that still depletes you over time in which case I would use skin like wood at 6sec for 10 mana. Theoretically you could run a long AHK loop with some medding in there, but screw that. I used to have a theory about higher-level spells training skills faster, but I was able to do conjuration fast enough on my shaman using summon food to max it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

This is the AHK script I used, modifying the sleep depending on what I was training. 4 was my hotkey for /cast /pause /cast /pause:

*Edit* Number pad "Delete" turned script on, Number pad "Insert" triggered it.

code:
#InstallKeybdHook
#UseHook On

IfWinActive, EverQuest

{

NumpadDel::pause, toggle

NumpadIns::
Loop,
{
WinActivate EverQuest
Send 4 ; {} not needed
Sleep, 30000 ;
}
return
}

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
Excellent, thank you for that. I got so sick of doing it manually yesterday that I figured I would just give up and forever fizzle on my buffs. Then I spent about an hour this morning beating the poo poo out of my mercenary to get my melee skills up to par since I had been using archery for about 10 levels. Rangers are pretty sweet, I like having a mixed bag of things that I can do and it's definitely nice just turning on autofire and tabbing out instead of having to actually pay attention like I would with a wizard or something.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

instead of having to actually pay attention like I would with a wizard or something.

Haha, that line cracks me up. I don't know how things are today, but wizards were one of the most notorious AFK'ers in groups "back in the day". Because mana regened so slow, in a typical well functioning group where you're making a meat blender out of the mobs, they could really only nuke every 3-4 mobs (that way they also had spare to burn down a named). So if they went 4-5, or 6-7, or 7-8....without doing anything, noone would really notice.

Until you got a large pull and they don't do anything the whole time.

So yeah, horrible AFK'ers. Second only to healers maybe.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Medullah posted:

This is the AHK script I used, modifying the sleep depending on what I was training. 4 was my hotkey for /cast /pause /cast /pause:

*Edit* Number pad "Delete" turned script on, Number pad "Insert" triggered it.

code:
#InstallKeybdHook
#UseHook On

IfWinActive, EverQuest

{

NumpadDel::pause, toggle

NumpadIns::
Loop,
{
WinActivate EverQuest
Send 4 ; {} not needed
Sleep, 30000 ;
}
return
}

What's the point of having an EQ button that does /cast /pause /cast /pause? I just had a spell stuck directly in that slot. My script was a lot less fancy than yours, skipped the hotkeys and just did the Send 4, sleep loop while EQ was active.

xZAOx posted:

So yeah, horrible AFK'ers. Second only to healers maybe.

I think pretty much everyone is talking about soloing/boxing laziness/afking, and not being jerks to live players in groups. At least I hope so.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Shrapnac posted:

The 1.5 has some tedious camps if I recall, Murkglider being one, but if you're over-leveled for it I wouldn't be concerned. Trying to do it solo under level 85 or so is gonna be pretty tough.

For the Murkglider camp, I took my two characters (90 and 80ish) with a tank merc and a clr merc, placed them so they would aggro everything in that room. Then set a loud audio trigger for the murkglider's name and went to sleep. Got woken up a few hours later, nuked it a couple times with my druid, made sure to switch to SK to loot, then gated out and /q'd.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
For raising casting skills, don't forget that you can stand in a guild hall's healing pool for even more mana regen.

I used my cheap gaming keyboard's macro feature to automate the process. I just had it spam a number key set to a spell gem every few seconds.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006

Comfortador posted:

Seconding what Shrapnac posted. I solo'd all the 1.5 and 2.0 fights with my 80 sk. Kodaji helped me with the Lhranc fight, but I think I might have been able to take him with a clr merc.

The drop camps took me a few hours over several days, HS taking the longest. But a pretty mild camp by EQ standards.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I started it WAY back when, I don't remember how far I got. I don't have the original epic too. I'll have to dig through and see what I got.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Comfortador posted:

I started it WAY back when, I don't remember how far I got. I don't have the original epic too. I'll have to dig through and see what I got.

Just to be clear, you don't have to do the original epic 1.0 - there's a prequest you can do before the 1.5 instead.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Devor posted:

Just to be clear, you don't have to do the original epic 1.0 - there's a prequest you can do before the 1.5 instead.

Yeah I remember that much, but thats about it! :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Devor posted:

What's the point of having an EQ button that does /cast /pause /cast /pause? I just had a spell stuck directly in that slot. My script was a lot less fancy than yours, skipped the hotkeys and just did the Send 4, sleep loop while EQ was active.

I trained two different spells most of the time, so I skilled up Abjuration and Alteration overnight.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I have: Essence of Hate, Stormborn Phylactery. (I need the Flamberge)

I have the sheath of Dark Tidings

Thats it!

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I really hope that when I log in again tonight, that Melcoy is still asking about "Blue Mist" faction. I bet he really thinks he's missing out on something important.

And the fact that the rest of test is jumping on the bandwagon of trolling this guy just makes it that much better.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

iNteg posted:

I really hope that when I log in again tonight, that Melcoy is still asking about "Blue Mist" faction. I bet he really thinks he's missing out on something important.

And the fact that the rest of test is jumping on the bandwagon of trolling this guy just makes it that much better.

He's so earnestly naive and it is excellent. Two weeks ago or so when he first started asking about Gorenaire I parceled him Red and White Dragon Scales without telling him but he never noticed and continued to ask for a recent kill time every 15 minutes for days and days. Now he's on the give things away in general kick, but it's stuff like dracoliche loot. Bright future.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

napster of meat posted:

He's so earnestly naive and it is excellent. Two weeks ago or so when he first started asking about Gorenaire I parceled him Red and White Dragon Scales without telling him but he never noticed and continued to ask for a recent kill time every 15 minutes for days and days. Now he's on the give things away in general kick, but it's stuff like dracoliche loot. Bright future.

What made us target him? IMO we really need to get Gluuvian, I hear his name thrown around with scorn so often lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Wasn't Melcoy the guy who was talking about how his friend's ugly gf pulled his hair and he got a boner?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Some big EQ news was posted yesterday http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-the-game-the-team-today-and-coming-soon.4182/

Highlights:
Epic Ornaments are coming soon.
RoF is getting a free expansion with new spells, AAs and zones. Beta will be open to RoF beta participants. Might release sometime around April?
New anniversary content in addition to epic ornaments.
Hero's Forge may look less dumb, also new sets.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 1, 2013

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
An expansion to an expansion?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

acumen posted:

An expansion to an expansion?

When they released ROF they didn't actually release the whole thing. Currently there are only 2 tiers, not all the spells have been updated, and I don't believe any class got new/unique AAs besides updates to a few lines.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The spell part really sucks since a lot of core spells weren't upgrades. Shaman/Druid didn't get a lot of their good spells and BST are missing a nuke.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Yeah, RoF had about 4 months of missing dev time that was spent on the F2P conversion instead of expansion things. No new spell or AA lines, just incomplete extensions of existing lines. Reusing assets from older zones to save time, etc.

I think the expansion is pretty good despite all that, though.

Some of the T3 spell effects have been in the spell file since beta, along with some other things that have been hinting that we'd see another tier and at least 4 new zones at some point. It's been the worst kept secret that more content for RoF was on the way at some point.

Druids missed an upgrade on our big nuke, shm missed an upgrade on their group heal. As much as I like my dps, shm got off way worse from the skipped spells. Clerics missed an upgrade to their shining rampant line, which is also pretty big. Druids got all the rest of our major lines upgraded so we're only at a minor loss.
I've still been putting out some pretty good dps numbers without the Kolo's Roar upgrade. My current record is something like 63k dps on the 60s range burns. Sometimes I gently caress up burn order and I only get a couple chances a week to try for new highs, and I know that's not the best we can do. I'm not gonna place in the top 10 of a parse with that, but I can get there on the ~3 min parse mobs after everyone blows discs on the previous dragons. :D

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 1, 2013

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm installing this game from Steam, just to see how large the game world is now with all the expansions. I remember when I first started playing when Kunark came out, the world was pretty huge back then. Making the run from Qeynos to Freeport were some good times.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ChocNitty posted:

I'm installing this game from Steam, just to see how large the game world is now with all the expansions. I remember when I first started playing when Kunark came out, the world was pretty huge back then. Making the run from Qeynos to Freeport were some good times.

It's a fuckton bigger but also smaller with the advent of the PoK stones and Guild Hall ports. There aren't a ton of places you have to run and run and run to anymore.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

It's a fuckton bigger but also smaller with the advent of the PoK stones and Guild Hall ports. There aren't a ton of places you have to run and run and run to anymore.

Perfect way to describe the game now. Ps if you decide to box, it's a pita using the steam client, I had to install a 2nd client on my machine that steam doesn't touch.

Also if you play a lot it will be pathetically recorded on your played time. I'm at 722 hours since December... Granted I spent a lot of nights AFK in the bazaar.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

jetz0r posted:

Druids missed an upgrade on our big nuke, shm missed an upgrade on their group heal. As much as I like my dps, shm got off way worse from the skipped spells. Clerics missed an upgrade to their shining rampant line, which is also pretty big. Druids got all the rest of our major lines upgraded so we're only at a minor loss.
I've still been putting out some pretty good dps numbers without the Kolo's Roar upgrade. My current record is something like 63k dps on the 60s range burns. Sometimes I gently caress up burn order and I only get a couple chances a week to try for new highs, and I know that's not the best we can do. I'm not gonna place in the top 10 of a parse with that, but I can get there on the ~3 min parse mobs after everyone blows discs on the previous dragons. :D

Maybe a dumb question but did you stop using Grip of Ro and switch to the AA? I liked having the heal reflect on Ro but seems easier to just Blessing on inc then throw out a different debuff.

Also very impressed with my BST's damage, I think Tola has me at 18k when I'm boxing which I think isn't too bad? Still leveling a necro since pet tanking is so much easier than letting my pet tank and Assbeat RoF named taking 8+ minutes.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 1, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Did someone kill the UDB this morning? Lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Stanos posted:

Maybe a dumb question but did you stop using Grip of Ro and switch to the AA? I liked having the heal reflect on Ro but seems easier to just Blessing on inc then throw out a different debuff.

Also very impressed with my BST's damage, I think Tola has me at 18k when I'm boxing which I think isn't too bad? Still leveling a necro since pet tanking is so much easier than letting my pet tank and Assbeat RoF named taking 8+ minutes.

Why'd you end up choosing the nec over the mage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
Today Melcoy asked why he couldn't find info about BlueMist on Google. We concluded that he needed to try Bing