Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm getting this third-hand through, like, interviews and "when Sims went crazy" articles, but isn't when he was the Pope the time he just declared he was married to a woman and then that gave him the right to rape her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I'm getting this third-hand through, like, interviews and "when Sims went crazy" articles, but isn't when he was the Pope the time he just declared he was married to a woman and then that gave him the right to rape her?

Yes. The difference between this Sims and later Sims is that at this point, that was presented as a pretty unequivocally terrible thing for him to have done.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

fatherdog posted:

Yes. The difference between this Sims and later Sims is that at this point, that was presented as a pretty unequivocally terrible thing for him to have done.
Just for the record, we're talking about Chris Sims, right?

it's Dave SIM daggonit

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I was talking about Chris Sims. The man's a menace.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
I bring Twitter wisdom.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fatherdog posted:

Yeah, throughout, Cerebus is pretty much universally viewed as a loathsome character, and the magical happy ending he's shown demonstrates he'd either beat, mentally/physically torture or drive his love to suicide.

Now the love of his life being a content exotic dancer who thoroughly betrayed her ex-husband on the other hand, may be more indicative of his attitudes...

Here's Sims on Jaka from issue #114:

quote:

"I admire the character (of Jaka) far more than any of the other characters in the book. Cerebus is too much of a born loser; willfully self-destructive. Astoria is too single-minded and humourless. Lord Julius is always "on"; the Roach too out of touch with anything approximating reality, even the Elf is too mindlessly happy all the time. When I'm writing them I'm observing from a discreet distance. I'm interested, but not to the extent of wanting to have dinner with them or anything like that. Jaka on the other hand is someone I would happily spend a lot of time with. She embodies those qualities I always look for in a woman. She has a very simple way of thinking for which she is unapologetic. She's loaded with common-sense and self-confidence. She is direct and has a low threshold for bull-poo poo. She has virtually no interest in material possessions though she has an appreciation of them. She is almost certainly on the top rung of the karmic ladder and won't be back for another life-time.

Now, here's Sims on Jaka from issue #268:

quote:

"For the first time he (Cerebus) was able to see Jaka precisely as she was and as she is and as she always would be: a spoiled, myopic, insensitive, self-absorbed and self-important harlot princess (quite apart from her position in the heirarchy of the city-state of Palnu)."

and then post series:

quote:

Jaka gradually merged with my evolving perceptions of Lady Diana and Princess Diana and so became a kind fictional missing link in the long slow erosion of womanhood which began, for Christendom, with Mary the mother of Jesus, leading down, down in our present age down to Jackie Bouvier, down from there to Jackie Kennedy, down from there to Jackie Onassis, down from there to Lady Diana, down from there to Princess Diana and, ultimately—failing the sincere repentance which I see nowhere in evidence in our society—all the way down to the base depths of the Whore of Babylon and the cup of her fornications of John's Apocalypse."

On the other hand, comic relief:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Savage Wolverine #2: Shanna & Wolverine, BFFs. Also featuring meta-humor!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are there even theatres in the Savage Land?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Can someone explain those last panels to me? Was the rain a distraction? Did the rain give Wolverine a boner or something?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jetfire posted:

Can someone explain those last panels to me? Was the rain a distraction? Did the rain give Wolverine a boner or something?

Thousands of gallons of water falling on you from the tens of thousands of feet in the sky is sort of distracting.

SynthOrange posted:

Maybe there's internet.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jetfire posted:

Yes, the rain was a distraction. He wanted some peace and quiet and then immediately a monsoon started. Roll on snare drum.

SynthOrange posted:

There's only other superheroes popping in like, every other weekend with their Quinjets and poo poo. She and Ka-Zar probably bum rides back to civilization all the time just to take a vacation and take in a movie or something.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jetfire posted:

Mother Nature just loving with Wolverine.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Also, wet bikini.

And Shanna's from civilization originally, so it makes sense that she'd know who actors are. Especially since Ka-Zar's a total dork for that stuff.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Also, wet bikini.

And Shanna's from civilization originally, so it makes sense that she'd know who actors are. Especially since Ka-Zar's a total dork for that stuff.

Are we sure this isn't the Frank Cho version who was stuck in a cryo-tube for 40 years or something?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Maakies' Tony Millionaire does Iron Man, produces something worthy of this thread:

http://grantbridgestreet.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/tony-millionaires-iron-man.html

:eyepop:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Kalli posted:

On the other hand, comic relief:

What's this from?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Sefer posted:

What's this from?

Not sure which issue, but Cerebus, somewhere in the eighth TPB, Women.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sefer posted:

What's this from?

Ah my bad, the "Women" book from Cerebus, somewhere in issues 163-174

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Source: Batman: The Dark Knight #17

Not this time, Gordon.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

graybook posted:

Source: Batman: The Dark Knight #17

Not this time, Gordon.

He's just going to wander out into the main office now instead of going out the window? Not even a smoke bomb?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Trast posted:

He's just going to wander out into the main office now instead of going out the window? Not even a smoke bomb?

Even Batman needs his parking validated every once in a while.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

from Journey into Mystery #649

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
^^^ e: Goddammit, beaten :argh:

double edit: Fine, have some Hawkeye #7: Right before evacuating for Sandy, Kate and Clint engage in a classic debate which ends poorly (as the ol' NYC vs. Jersey debates usually do):

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 28, 2013

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

from Journey into Mystery #649

He looks so heartbroken :(

What does RRO stand for?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone should post the similar panels from this week's FF.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
We also need a post of Cap, Wolverine and Thor playing paper, rock, scissors from this weeks Gambit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Unlucky7 posted:

What does RRO stand for?
That's the monster's name.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Out of all the gorilla covers, these two are my favorites.

Strange Adventures #55

Strange Adventures #64

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
It's me. I'm the Red Lanterns (preview) reader.

From #17

:byodood: UHH?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Magneto's aging poorly.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Soonmot posted:

We also need a post of Cap, Wolverine and Thor playing paper, rock, scissors from this weeks Gambit.

If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it!

Gambit #9, while Gambit's ex-girlfriend is yelling at him.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
So, who won?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Grendels Dad posted:

So, who won?

Wolverine, he can snikt from Rock to scissors in an instant if he thinks he's about to lose.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So he's almost mastered Snake's technique? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cOSWCKf6I-Q

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Excalibur #109
Teaming up with villains always works out in the end anyways.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pirate Kurt best Kurt.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

Pirate Kurt best Kurt.

Skinhead Pirate Kurt, from the looks of him.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Spidey is great with children.

Barnacles!

Avenging Spider-Man 17

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The only nitpick I had about that issue was Spider Man picking him up BY THE HEAD. Like seriously that would just kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Hollis posted:

The only nitpick I had about that issue was Spider Man picking him up BY THE HEAD. Like seriously that would just kill him.

Spider-grip?

• Locked thread