Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

In 2005, he was defeated by the second game.

In 2007, he had his revenge on the first.

In 2009, he collected energy tanks.

And in 2011, Arino took on Mega Man 4.

This episode is brought to you by zari-gani who has defeated all the robot masters using just the Top Spin.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 636.22 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

And sometime this year, we will see Arino play Megaman 5. Can't wait to see that challenge. I'm glad that Rockman is challenged every 2 years.

I loved all the Rockman challenges. Arino playing a Rockman game is a sight to behold.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Stop it I can't handle all these releases at once

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
This influx of new episdoes feels like an awesome birthday/Christmas gift, and you guys are nothing short of awesome because of it. :)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
With the recent releases, I suspect that this current deluge will finish off season 14. Tower of Babel seems like a good episode as we see Arino play his forte, the puzzle game.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bpc908 posted:

Stop it I can't handle all these releases at once

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I've said it before, but thanks SAGCCX, you lot are totally amazing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Alternatively

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
SAGCCX is a truly wonderful group of people.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I just realized, did they get one of those awful roulette games the chief sucks at for Arino/the set?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Random Stranger posted:

And in 2011, Arino took on Mega Man 4

:megaman::derp::siren:Oh holy poo poo yes. YES:siren::derp::megaman:
YESSSSS

eta:VVV Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 1, 2013

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Now I'm thinking maybe I should keep part two back a day or so... :v:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Now I'm thinking maybe I should keep part two back a day or so... :v:

Do whatever you want. As one who watches GCCX raws ASAP, I can take the wait between 2 parters. Can't wait for season 16 finale next week. Hope the season break is not to long.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
This thread is spoiled with all these recent releases.

I'm glad for it, I can't think of a happier show to watch than this one, thanks for all this, SAGCCX. :allears:

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Mega Man 4!

Thank you, SAGCCX. You're the bee's knees. :hampants:

Danforth05
Jun 11, 2011

Why is mice sech cowards?
Checking in for the first time to chime in:

Huge, huge thank you to the SAGCCX team. You've provided me with many hours of great entertainment I could not otherwise have enjoyed.

Also, this release schedule is ridiculous. Take a break already, you guys! :cheers:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Loving the rapid fire of episodes.

Oh and a couple things I thought I'd share. Durpadurp made this for me in an SA-mart thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3534537 guess which two were done for me) and fresh off the printer and in dire need of clean up:

and for another project, something I made: A custom GCCX Famicom cart

Edit: made to resemble the Namcot cartridge

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 1, 2013

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
That Mother 1 cartridge in the Catch a Catch Copy segment is gorgeous. Nintendo should've had the rest of the series use the red plastic too.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Blackchamber posted:

Oh and a couple things I thought I'd share. Durpadurp made this for me in an SA-mart thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3534537 guess which two were done for me)

That's really cool! Note: that was something I designed in a M.U.S.C.L.E. parody commission I did for Blackchamber.

I'm currently working on another neat GCCX-related thing for him right now.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

zari-gani posted:

That's really cool! Note: that was something I designed in a M.U.S.C.L.E. parody commission I did for Blackchamber.

I'm currently working on another neat GCCX-related thing for him right now.

Yeah designed by the amazing Zari-gani. I haven't made a big deal about the work you've done/are doing because I wasn't sure you wanted people knowing you occasionly take on side projects and didn't want to be the reason people start pestering you.

Secrets out I guess.

So fans of her art in this thread, suck it. I got awesome art done just for me.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
and my jealousy levels rises. I wish I had awesome art done for me :argh:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah designed by the amazing Zari-gani. I haven't made a big deal about the work you've done/are doing because I wasn't sure you wanted people knowing you occasionly take on side projects and didn't want to be the reason people start pestering you.

It's not a thing I do officially but I don't mind people knowing about the very occasional side project. :) I've been considering taking commissions in SA-Mart though, to support my artist lifestyle.

Speaking of which... A few of my video game art is going to be a part of Game On 2.0, a traveling exhibit about the history of video games. They're going to be on display at the Ontario Science Centre from March to September. More details here:
http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/gameon/

Why is this relevant to the thread? Because when I mentioned my involvement in GCCX in my bio, the guy in charge told me there's going to be an episode of GCCX playing at the exhibit with Mystery of Atlantis set up next to it, free to play! (So I'm assuming they're going to be showing the Mystery of Atlantis episode... But which version? There's the StyleJam promo version, the Kotaku version and the Discotek version. I don't know the full details and I haven't asked.) If you're in the area, check it out. I'm actually going to be at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival in May so I'll get to see it in person then.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 1, 2013

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
You guys are so amazing. :woop::woop::woop:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

and for another project, something I made: A custom GCCX Famicom cart

Make sure you post pictures of this once it's done.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I finished the Paris-Dakar episode. WHAT. THE. gently caress. This really felt like a game the Angry Video Game Nerd should be reviewing and spewing obscenities. It's SO BAD. I'm impressed Arino finished it. So many cheap and dirty ways to lose in that game.

Can't wait to check out the new releases. Thank you very much SAGCCX team and domo arigato zari-gani for your hard work translating all these episodes!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
:woop: Oh my god you've made a bad night into an AWESOME night. This is the one episode I've been DYING to see.

:love::love::love:

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Releasing more videos? Why don't you fix my inane problems with DVD sets instead <:mad:>

No really, Megaman 4 is like my favorite Megaman game. I'm super excited! Thanks guys!

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
JuJu Legend is better known elsewhere as Toki.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What a strange coincidence since I just watched a Let's Race of Megaman 4

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I just noticed that Gaming CX has 25716 subscribers in youtube and Battletoads has been viewed 78173 times :stare:

Not sure what to make of these numbers, except they seem kinda large to me.

zari-gani posted:

Speaking of which... A few of my video game art is going to be a part of Game On 2.0, a traveling exhibit about the history of video games. They're going to be on display at the Ontario Science Centre from March to September. More details here:
http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/gameon/

Why is this relevant to the thread? Because when I mentioned my involvement in GCCX in my bio, the guy in charge told me there's going to be an episode of GCCX playing at the exhibit with Mystery of Atlantis set up next to it, free to play! (So I'm assuming they're going to be showing the Mystery of Atlantis episode... But which version? There's the StyleJam promo version, the Kotaku version and the Discotek version. I don't know the full details and I haven't asked.) If you're in the area, check it out. I'm actually going to be at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival in May so I'll get to see it in person then.

I think this was mentioned earlier on the thread, and seeing that the Game On 2.0 has been going on since 2010, I'm assuming it's the Stylejam version.

makere fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 1, 2013

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

makere posted:

I just noticed that Gaming CX has 25716 subscribers in youtube and Battletoads has been viewed 78173 times :stare:

Not sure what to make of these numbers, except they seem kinda large to me.

Lots of other subbed eps are well into the hundreds of thousands of views.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What's the deal with GamingCX anyway? Is it someone you guys know?

And thanks a LOT for your latest onslaught of GCCX episodes. It's made this week fly by so fast! Can't seriously wait to watch Mega Man 4.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

GamingCX is some random website that just started posting all of SAGCCX's work. For awhile they were letting people believe it was them doing the translations. Actually, they might still be doing that.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, that's what I gathered as well. It seems like a site for people who are happy to enjoy the hard work by others without giving anything back for it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I dunno. On the last posted video at the bottom credit is given to SA GCCX.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Because they're loving lazy hacks they give credit to anyone who has ever translated an episode of the show in the description and they only started giving that credit after people complained.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
That was a great Tamage. We don't see enough of Arino getting recognized in these arcade trips.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm saddened because I want the message of GCCX and Arino to be about happiness and good times but I can't enjoy good times now that I know people are being bungholes and stealing others' work. :( Maybe the MM4 episode will cheer me up.

Arino using his basic tactics again, ramming headfirst into mega man bosses and taking huge damage. "He's hitting me." How did he have 7 E-Tanks after Toad Man stage?

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 1, 2013

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

I'm saddened because I want the message of GCCX and Arino to be about happiness and good times but I can't enjoy good times now that I know people are being bungholes and stealing others' work. :( Maybe the MM4 episode will cheer me up.

I wouldn't go that stealing route, since basicly the subbing project is stealing the work and translating it...

Overall I think of it as positive thing. Sure it kinda sucks that everyone involved in the fansubs spends a lot of time translating the episodes, and then some random website just uploads it to youtube and general mass thinks that they did it. But then again, the subbing projects main goal is to make the episodes accessible to promote the show, and the website seems to be doing a decent job spreading the word around, and they're not asking money to view the episodes.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

Because they're loving lazy hacks they give credit to anyone who has ever translated an episode of the show in the description and they only started giving that credit after people complained.

Azazell0 posted:

I've gone through all the pages on their website and thats not true. If anything they are really inconsistent in giving credit at all, but I haven't seen any signs where they are clearly trying to take credit for the translations. Can anyone link us to evidence of this? Their Facebook page description makes no mention of being 'translators', and I won't fault them because some guy thanks them in a Facebook/youtube comment where on the same page some guy is trying to order the DVDs and another is trying to give the producers of the show challenge ideas in bad english.

Azazell0 posted:

Yeah, that's what I gathered as well. It seems like a site for people who are happy to enjoy the hard work by others without giving anything back for it.

Yeah they aren't like us members of SA that enjoy their hard work but actually give back by... hmm...

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I liked that when the announcer said "Dust Man" instead of Dive Man once (right when Arino beat him), you stayed true to that error and translated it as Dust Man as well. Pretty sure other translators would have snuck a completely pointless translator's note in there.