Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

libersyber
Jan 15, 2009

The Sweetling posted:

It took a lot of trial end error to get ENB working alongside the 4GB launcher. Make sure you've disabled AA and AF in the game settings. Disable any weather, depth of field or visual mods. I also use an older version of the launcher, which may or may not make a difference.

I got it to run by copying the fnv4gb.exe and fnv4gb_helper.dll to the root game directory and starting it from there. Looks like enb injector looks for the process defined in the enbinjector.ini file but somehow requires the 4gb exe to be located in the game dir/the directory where enb dlls reside in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

libersyber posted:

I got it to run by copying the fnv4gb.exe and fnv4gb_helper.dll to the root game directory and starting it from there. Looks like enb injector looks for the process defined in the enbinjector.ini file but somehow requires the 4gb exe to be located in the game dir/the directory where enb dlls reside in.

That's where you should keep your fnv4gb.exe

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

So, I've tried using the ENB Transparency fix, but it just makes my game hang and never load in.

Could someone explain the correct way to install it? I did exactly what the directions in the readme said, but I must have hosed something up somewhere, or... gently caress if I know. :confused:

Ed: Uh, so... starting a new game, then loading my old save made it work. I don't even know how this game works anymore. :psyduck:

Ed2: I have to start a new game then load into my save every time now, unless I want to start over yet again. :wtc:

Synastren fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 27, 2013

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009
That's a pretty common problem that (as far as I know) is not related to any particular mod, and has no known resolution.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Synastren posted:

So, I've tried using the ENB Transparency fix, but it just makes my game hang and never load in.

Could someone explain the correct way to install it? I did exactly what the directions in the readme said, but I must have hosed something up somewhere, or... gently caress if I know. :confused:

Ed: Uh, so... starting a new game, then loading my old save made it work. I don't even know how this game works anymore. :psyduck:

Ed2: I have to start a new game then load into my save every time now, unless I want to start over yet again. :wtc:

Yeah, it's a common problem that happens even in vanilla New Vegas. How are you saving your game (manual, quicksave, CASM)? Are you overwriting the same saves? Can you load a problematic save (one that requires you to start a new game), make a clean, manual save, and then load that without having to start a new game?

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, it's a common problem that happens even in vanilla New Vegas. How are you saving your game (manual, quicksave, CASM)? Are you overwriting the same saves? Can you load a problematic save (one that requires you to start a new game), make a clean, manual save, and then load that without having to start a new game?

Manual, quick, and auto saves, both before and after applying that particular patch, all lock up New Vegas. I don't think I have a perfectly clean save anywhere, which isn't surprising, I guess.

I'm not really so far that I can't start over, it' just irritating that I'd have to start a third character since I got back into New Vegas because of issues like this--mods that don't substantively change the NV experience, but fix some irritating aspect and cause saves to not work like they should. Ah well.

While I'm here, I don't suppose there's any way I could, outside of manually updating, get the weapon changes from JSawyer and WME to cooperate (e.g., the weight of the Recharger weapons was halved in JS which makes them usable)?

Ed: Now my saves have just spontaneously started working. :iiam:

Synastren fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 27, 2013

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

CCO has been updated to version 1.6.

However, this is likely the final version of CCO. It's time for me to move on to other projects, and I'd like to try to make a game of my own next. I'll still check around here every so often to see if there's a major bug that needs fixing or something, of course. But for the most part, consider this my retirement from New Vegas modding.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support during the development of CCO. This modding thread has been a source of encouragement, criticism, and advice that proved invaluable to making CCO what it is today. Sometimes I hear horror stories about SA being a hive of elitism and vitriolic argument. But here, at least, the discussion has always been positive and productive. Keep on keepin' on, gang.

My sincerest gratitude to you all. It's been a fun ride.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Thanks for all the hard work Cirosan

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Cirosan posted:

My (nearly) 100% run on this game was done with your mod, and it did a lot in making the character progression feel organic and fitting to my game progress. From hunting criminal scum in a busted-rear end hotel to a running gun battle on Hoover Dam, from the canyons of Utah to a nuclear graveyard that held the sleeping titans of the Old World; thank you for helping define what's probably one of my favorite CRPG experiences in a long time.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cirosan posted:

However, this is likely the final version of CCO. It's time for me to move on to other projects, and I'd like to try to make a game of my own next. I'll still check around here every so often to see if there's a major bug that needs fixing or something, of course. But for the most part, consider this my retirement from New Vegas modding.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support during the development of CCO. This modding thread has been a source of encouragement, criticism, and advice that proved invaluable to making CCO what it is today. Sometimes I hear horror stories about SA being a hive of elitism and vitriolic argument. But here, at least, the discussion has always been positive and productive. Keep on keepin' on, gang.

I don't play the game without your mod anymore. Your constant work on making the mod work with other mods has been great, and I never would have expected the excellent support given. Thanks for all of your hard work, and good luck in the future!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah thanks for the hard work, man. CCO + jsawyer has been the sweetest game balance mod combo I've ever seen for a game, and the fact that you can take criticism and suggestions without getting :nexus: is pretty sweet.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Cirosan posted:

Good luck with that, man. Your work and dedication and poo poo will always be appreciated.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Cirosan posted:

Thanks for all your hard work! There's no way I can play this game without your mod and jsawyer. Good luck with your game.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This is the first time I've looked up CCO and drat does it sound impressive, thanks for your hard work! I'm finally going to man up, forget collecting all my pokemon guns and play with this and jsawyer. :)

Davoren fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 28, 2013

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does anybody know the precise calculation for the amount of shots an automatic weapon fires in VATS mode per queued attack?

Also figuring out the spread formulas (and whether the Spread field actually affects anything, despite some guns having different Spread values) is frustrating.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Cirosan posted:

It's been a fun ride.

I still admire your dedication and still think this is one of the best mods ever.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone have an updated Link for Omnicarus' Lombard Station? The old link is broken.

Also is BOSS trustworthy for this mod? It sorts stuff completely differently than the CCO readme says.

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 28, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm playing the J Sawyer mod for the first time, and I'm really liking the changes to things like item values. The traditional New Vegas tries to give you a sense of "what you have won't last forever" what with items breaking and sort of limited ammunition and it sort of jibes, but the J Sawyer mod does a very good job of it. The reduced carry weight is also nice.

Also, so long and thanks for all the fish, Cirosan! Your mod is really good!

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

Cirosan posted:

Thanks for all the work you put into this mod. I'm certain whatever else you undertake will be just as great.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

UberJumper posted:

Does anyone have an updated Link for Omnicarus' Lombard Station? The old link is broken.

Adding to this: I, too, would like a link that I could put in the OP to keep it available!

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Adding to this: I, too, would like a link that I could put in the OP to keep it available!

Pretty sure I mirrored it on TA's hosted section the last time we had this problem but I'm unable to double check right now for a few more hours. In case I didn't though someone can post up the latest version and I'll throw it there for a permanent hosting link when I have a chance tonight.

RenegadeZombie
Jan 21, 2013

UberJumper posted:

Here you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21506110/Lombard%20Station%20Final%20Release.7z

Edit: VVV Just tested this version and it does have the bug SpookyLizard mentioned.

RenegadeZombie fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 1, 2013

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You might want to check that to make sure that stocking error is fixed. I remember certain ammos (GRA added ones for the 20 gauge rounds I think) would only stock as half as much ammo as they took out of the crate.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

what with items breaking

Nope.

I was interested until I read this. No thank you.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Nope.

I was interested until I read this. No thank you.

He means weapon condition. Random items don't break.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He means weapon condition. Random items don't break.

Except black coffee. Not sure if that's vanilla game or from Jsawyer. I would assume it could happen to other items as well, but I've only had it happen like 3 times in who knows how much time I've put into New Vegas, and it's been coffee each time.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Hobo on Fire posted:

Except black coffee. Not sure if that's vanilla game or from Jsawyer. I would assume it could happen to other items as well, but I've only had it happen like 3 times in who knows how much time I've put into New Vegas, and it's been coffee each time.

It's the vanilla game. It's not really anything breaking per se either, just the game deciding whether or not to give you your coffee cup back.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

StandardVC10 posted:

It's the vanilla game. It's not really anything breaking per se either, just the game deciding whether or not to give you your coffee cup back.

If you don't throw your coffee cup over your shoulder immediately after finishing your drink, you have been doing it wrong. :colbert:

JSawyer is a realism mod, after all.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

In the harsh reality of the wasteland if your coffee can't dissolve your cup after a few uses it's not strong enough.

edit: I guess now that CCO is done I should finally get around to replaying this with all the DLC, huh

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
"We have more coffee you know, you gotta stop doing that."

"Yeah I know, but it just looks so cool!"

"Go get it..."

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Cirosan posted:

GL2U ~*

I've said it a bunch before, but modding is some of the best, most practical preparation you can do if you're interested in game development.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

I really wish there was a mod that let you throw guns at people. And also pick up guns that enemies were carrying just by running over them.

I would totally play New Vegas that way.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've got a 2.5 Ghz processor and 6 GBs of RAM. Are there any popular mods I should avoid installing?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Daionus the 23rd posted:

I've got a 2.5 Ghz processor and 6 GBs of RAM. Are there any popular mods I should avoid installing?
I think EVE is one of the more problematic popular mods out there. Not really hardware-intense, but it adds a ton of poo poo in the game and is really sloppy about it or something. I got rid of it a while back and it solved a bunch of my problems.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

EVE is buggy out of the box, but I fixed it through FNVEdit easily. Don't remember what the issue was, though.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Daionus the 23rd posted:

Seconding EVE: It does make energy weapon fire look pretty, but it is crash prone and adds undocumented, dumb stuff.
Something else to avoid are the various bugfix compilations (Mission Mojave, NVEC). Yeah, they do fix some bugs & glitches. But also introduce new bugs and have some questionable changes & additions.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
So in anticipation of finishing TA 3.0 sometime in the near future, I've been going through some of the mods I want in my full playthrough of FNV lately and some of the ones in the OP and I think I've found some superior alternatives, if people want to try them out.

Realistic Reloading - integrates everything Manual Reload does and more. Plus it's being actively supported.
Increased Weapon Jamming - I believe Rinkles was looking for something like this, but it basically allows for weapon jamming while firing, something the original game does not let you do. Seems to have options to configure based on your desires but might be a nice complement to your mod loadout if you're the time that likes Manual Reload.
JIP Selective-Fire - like Relistic Reloading, it's a more recently and actively supported re-envisioning/overhauling of what Pelinor's Selective Fire mod does. Claims to do everything it does and more, but also more efficiently.

If these three are pretty decent, could be that we could (re)place them into the OP.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

So in anticipation of finishing TA 3.0 sometime in the near future, I've been going through some of the mods I want in my full playthrough of FNV lately and some of the ones in the OP and I think I've found some superior alternatives, if people want to try them out.

Realistic Reloading - integrates everything Manual Reload does and more. Plus it's being actively supported.
Increased Weapon Jamming - I believe Rinkles was looking for something like this, but it basically allows for weapon jamming while firing, something the original game does not let you do. Seems to have options to configure based on your desires but might be a nice complement to your mod loadout if you're the time that likes Manual Reload.
JIP Selective-Fire - like Relistic Reloading, it's a more recently and actively supported re-envisioning/overhauling of what Pelinor's Selective Fire mod does. Claims to do everything it does and more, but also more efficiently.

If these three are pretty decent, could be that we could (re)place them into the OP.

Is CCO the only overhaul that reactivates weapon failures? I can't seem to find anything in JSawyer.esp's notes, but I thought PN might do it, as well. Still, those all seem like good alternatives to people who aren't using overhauls or want something a little more involved than "Manual Reloading".

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009
Anyone ever encountered and/or been able to resolve a bug where Joshua doesn't properly give you his little speech about "O daughter of Babylon..." as you're leaving the Narrows after talking to Daniel and picking up Waking Cloud? He runs up you, the camera zooms in as though dialog is about to start, but it looks like it doesn't actually trigger the dialog, so the camera zooms right back out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Naky posted:

The one issue with reimplementing weapon jamming during firing (it's an unsused global setting) is that it won't interrupt automatic firing if there's no initial jam, which is pretty silly. And going through that mod it looks like all that's tweaked is that setting.

I've wanted to try a selective firing mod but I have to imagine it throws balance out the window because of how relatively underpowered vanilla automatic guns already are to compensate. Making their one unique attribute universal makes them redundant.

Realistic Reloading sounds great.

I've been incredibly slowly working on a cut down version of the Armory (I'm only using the conveniently prepared and tested assets, I'll be using my own weapon statistics). In the process of which I started saving screens of the weapons I was interested in to keep a reference. But locating something I hadn't screengrabbed that I was considering using or just keeping tabs on what was in the Armory was still a pain. So I just took a picture of every gun. I didn't bother taking a screenshot of every mod permutation, but if a folder contained significantly different looking models I usually capped both. I haven't done this for melee weapons atm, and there might be a few guns I accidentally skipped over (I found one yesterday) because I was doing this manually (it took a while). The image sizes and angles can differ quite a bit between weapons.

A screenshot example of a pretty gun in the Armory to grab your attention (De Lisle Carbine).

I've categorized and labelled the guns into imgur albums (why can't imgur retain original filenames or at least use them as titles?). And here's a drop box link for the entire thing zipped. This is based off the latest 2.9 WIP release. e:Aaand I just realized without a paid account 30% of the pictures aren't visible to others. I'll either make albums without a login or try minus, but I've had my week's share of copy and pasting file names so I'll get to it later.

I don't know how useful this'll be for anyone else, but since I already did it I thought I'd share.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 4, 2013