Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Noooo let him gently caress that guy up gramps!
I don't think it would turn out well for him if he tried. It all but said that he was doing to die trying to kill that guy.

I just hope that this doesn't gently caress up his ki center because I have a soft spot for ridiculously powerful protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rinseh posted:

Breaker 107

Looks like Gramps aint done yet.

I am ok with where this is going. Rip and tear occurred.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Elysiume posted:

I don't think it would turn out well for him if he tried. It all but said that he was doing to die trying to kill that guy.

I just hope that this doesn't gently caress up his ki center because I have a soft spot for ridiculously powerful protagonists.

They need to end that story arc. If these last few chapters set Shiwoon back on the ki center recovery I will be moderately annoyed. I think I would just stop reading weekly until someone told me he was 100% fixed because come on.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

They need to end that story arc. If these last few chapters set Shiwoon back on the ki center recovery I will be moderately annoyed. I think I would just stop reading weekly until someone told me he was 100% fixed because come on.

What they should do is have a couple chapters of recovery, then have him and the clan go on the offensive trying to go after SUC. I mean his moms in the hospital, they just loving demolished the school, what else is left to him now? He's pretty much at his lowest point, so in traditional heroic arc fashion it's time to start making a serious comeback.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

He is gonna need some sort of rest time, off screen or not. He might have ripped and torn but he get that back as well.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

New Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School

I love this series so much. Yoon Miri is just great

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 274 is out. Mostly speculation but a few references to the current chapter so...this is getting pretty interesting but I really just want to see Rai go out in his blaze of glory. My predictions are as follows: Frankenstein will get possessed by the dark spear/go berserk again like he did against the Kertia clan leader and kill at least one of the Union elders. I'm guessing it will most likely be the silly robot one (or 6th elder/new guy). Frankenstein starts to go super crazy. At this point Rai will show up, recall Frankenstein and chide him for returning to his 'old ways' and then waste the 6th elder for not knowing his place. The werewolf and noble elders will retreat because they aren't stupid. At this point we'll learn a little more about Rai and the incidents from 800+ years ago.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Breaker 108

:getin:

And dropkick the gently caress out of the swat

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Well, at least the writer is getting back to what makes the comic fun.

:black101:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

AtomikKrab posted:

Breaker 108

:getin:

And dropkick the gently caress out of the swat

If you've got to kill someone off that's certainly an awesome ending for it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've been marathoning The Breaker/New Waves the last few weeks. New Waves definitely works better in one long run than it does weekly. That said, Shioon really needs to stay on the loving warpath, the fight where he busted out the Seismic Step is probably the best part of the comic so far.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I recently read The Breaker and New Waves start to finish, and I honestly don't get why people give it a hard time. Maybe it is just that it works better when you read all of it at once but I have enjoyed all of it.

This weeks chapter was great too, Shioon has really started to develop a backbone! The page where he demands that he be addressed with respect was great, such a raw drawing really made him look like hes not to be hosed with, even in that state. Waiting week by week for this series' next chapter is almost as bad as waiting for stuff like One Piece.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This was really a lot more interesting than Shioon going berserk while mostly dead. The manwha's already done that a bunch of times without developing his character at all.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It's true, this is the most CHANGE we've seen in him in a long time. We're actually very close to the personality he demonstrated towards the end of the first series again, when he woke up and realized 'Wait a second. I'm actually kinda badass.'

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
RIP AND TEAR SHIOON

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gearhead posted:

It's true, this is the most CHANGE we've seen in him in a long time. We're actually very close to the personality he demonstrated towards the end of the first series again, when he woke up and realized 'Wait a second. I'm actually kinda badass.'

I just hope the author doesn't go super overboard about it. It's not too much to ask for a Shioon that demands respect and doesn't accept bullshit while at the same time being a selfless individual where his friends are concerned. :gbsmith:

What's the bit about "he really believes he is the Gaju" supposed to mean? Do they just think he actually is a figurehead?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

I just hope the author doesn't go super overboard about it. It's not too much to ask for a Shioon that demands respect and doesn't accept bullshit while at the same time being a selfless individual where his friends are concerned. :gbsmith:

What's the bit about "he really believes he is the Gaju" supposed to mean? Do they just think he actually is a figurehead?

Why wouldn't they think so? Him being the gaju was weird from the start.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm just glad Shioon wasn't crippled for a dozen chapters.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
A new chapter of Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School is out!

Loved the bit with the principle and of course Elephant studies

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why wouldn't they think so? Him being the gaju was weird from the start.

He's basically Nobody. He's just this guy who was declared leader because he was nice to the person who SHOULD be in charge, except she's not there and left him in her stead. To an outsider this sort of thing is completely incomprehensible.

On the other hand, Sosul seems to have known EXACTLY what she was doing, because damned if Shioon isn't growing into the job fast. :allears:

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can someone explain the Tower of God bit where the detonator was taken away from the girl with the bunny ear's but then she had it in her hand again a few panels later? Also why does she remind me of Rachael and what was up with the 'Teddy Bear' guy. Who offed him and why?

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Baam gave it back to her like an idiot. She probably reminds you of Rachel because she's crazy, and the hand that went through Horyang's torso was from Cassano. He's working with FUG and injured him so they could use him as leverage to blackmail Baam into going along with their plans.

We've also got a Tower of God thread.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Tiramisu posted:

Baam gave it back to her like an idiot. She probably reminds you of Rachel because she's crazy, and the hand that went through Horyang's torso was from Cassano. He's working with FUG and injured him so they could use him as leverage to blackmail Baam into going along with their plans.

We've also got a Tower of God thread.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Well I'm all caught up with Tower of God now and I am just as interested in it now as I was when reading it before the Baam becoming Viole timeskip. Is it three teams competing against each other at the workshop battle? That's what the last few panels seemed to suggest.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 277. For those of you that haven't been keeping up you might as well wait another week or so. The last few chapters have been a lot of pretty great action but the plot should start to move quickly now (for a bit anyway). I'm guessing the sixth elder (eye patch) is going to be wiped out pretty fast in the next chapter. I'm 50/50 on what the older noble will do, part of me thinks that his expression is just one of shock/fear and he knows it is absolutely time to go since he attempted to kill Rai with Roctis previously. The other part of me thinks that maybe Roctis tricked him into betraying the new Lord by lying about what happened to Rai.

We still haven't gotten the details as to what happened there but it had to have been at least two elders attacking Rai and it seems Roctis was definitely one. Hopefully we find out some of the details around the attack on Rai and the betrayal of the Lord.

Either way I am pretty excited for next week.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

God of High School 100

I really hate that creepy fuckdoll expression girl, what an awful character design.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
101 is also out.

EGscans seem to have massively slowed down recently for whatever reason

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Can someone explain the Tower of God bit where the detonator was taken away from the girl with the bunny ear's but then she had it in her hand again a few panels later? Also why does she remind me of Rachael and what was up with the 'Teddy Bear' guy. Who offed him and why?

If Baam is seen betraying FUG in any way then all his friends get killed. He gave it back as a show of loyalty but didn't expect Xia Xia to actually press the button

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

New Noblesse! Chapter 278

Shiiiiiiiiiiit a blood field gets destroyed for the first time but it's no biggie. Rai's just gonna pull another power out of his rear end. Next week's gonna be so good.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

lil baby anime posted:

New Noblesse! Chapter 278

Shiiiiiiiiiiit a blood field gets destroyed for the first time but it's no biggie. Rai's just gonna pull another power out of his rear end. Next week's gonna be so good.

Rai with those blood wings and the tear on his cheek is a sweet character design. I really hope neither of the former clan leaders survives. There are still quite a few Union Elders left including the most interesting ones: Roctis, Crombell, and Werewolf chick (plus three other traitor clan leaders?). Part of my hopes that Rai can EAT these two and regain some of his health, of course a healthy Rai essentially invalidates the remaining part of the story.

Scorvi
Apr 4, 2009
New chapter of The Breaker: New Waves http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/111

Looks like Shioon may finally be coming into his own. Gonna earn himself some goddamned respect from those ignorant special forces dicks.

This Manhwa feels like its finally getting back up to par with the latter part of The Breaker. Almost. Needs more Nine Arts Dragon though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If anyone is still waiting for Breaker to get good again, you can pick it back up now. :allears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
:dance: Let's go Shioon. I like Shioon demanding the respect of his position. A lot.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shioon, we knew you had it in you! I really enjoy that the Elder's death has lead to Shioon actually wanting to be Gaju. His repeated "I am the Gaju of the Sunwoo Clan" are awesome. He finally understands that he's a badass

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
More love for The Breaker. This is pretty frightening because, well, he is the Gaju of Sunwoo and they are supposed to be the strongest clan. I don't see Shioon letting that become false.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I would kill to see this animated. I know how unlikely that is but its such a great story. It really reminds me of a serious Kenichi.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Oh god yes. loving finally. New Waves, you've been such a tease, but keep this up and I'll love you forever.

Rip and tear Shihoon. Rip and tear.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Heroes of Spring and Autumn 2 is out and it owns just as hard as the first chapter: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Heroes-of-the-Spring-and-Autumn/2-Read-Online?id=160482

If you're at all interested in wulin fiction, or like Feng Shen Ji, you should give it a shot. It's full-color and gorgeous.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I still don't really get the point of all the power changes/sidegrades for Wu Geng that constantly happen in Feng Shen Ji. I'm guessing he's definitely going to keep using monochrome, but what was the point of him losing his mantra ability along with his arm? Or seeing a bird in place of the natural "aura" or whatever? Is that supposed to have something to do with the phoenix?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Algid posted:

I still don't really get the point of all the power changes/sidegrades for Wu Geng that constantly happen in Feng Shen Ji. I'm guessing he's definitely going to keep using monochrome, but what was the point of him losing his mantra ability along with his arm? Or seeing a bird in place of the natural "aura" or whatever? Is that supposed to have something to do with the phoenix?

I would guess that he will inherit the Phoenix sometime in the story. And since he wants to learn the Smelting Aura technique from his Uncle he is probably using it to "create" a new arm when it's helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

New Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School

Still the best series.