Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I hated the paladin and barbarian. My fighter tanked just fine on his own. I only leveled up one of the two healing spells on the cleric. No need to split my points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

precision posted:

Also I didn't even know that MicroVentures is procedurally generated and that makes it even more awesome than it already is. Seriously it's the best phone-Roguelike I've played, it's got just the exact right combo of casual phone-ness and real roguelike-ness. And it's 100% free!

I found it to be too easy and too repetitive.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Played a bit of a new Toy Story game called Smash It! It's pretty much like that old Wii game Boom Blox but with Toy Story characters. Its actually pretty great and looks gorgeous. There's quite a few levels to get through in this initial release, and I assume like Where's My Water there'll be a lot more to come.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I've been playing ski safari lately. I. Love. That. Game. It was big in the iPhone thread for a while. What do you guys think?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lowness 72 posted:

I've been playing ski safari lately. I. Love. That. Game. It was big in the iPhone thread for a while. What do you guys think?

The thread as a whole played the hell out of that game a long while ago. Great game.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Hungry Shark Evolution is a fun game, but holy poo poo if it doesn't cause my GNex to lag out and crash all the time. Le sigh.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

barbarian was awful in my experience.

Not when they can absorb hits from 7 Pombagira and then heal for 504 every turn while dealing massive damage.

Necro's Help From Below, Bard's Power Chord, and the Barb's Blood Seeker and Adren Rush. 100% crit.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Unless you have like all hp boosting items on instead of any damage ones, that barbarian's going down the second the rng decides that it'd be a great idea to throw 4 or 5 fireballs at the character with 80% threat. So you either berserk at the beginning and hope that doesn't happen (and it does half the time) or you wait and berserk after killing a few enemies, hoping that your now ai controlled barbarian attacks something that isn't already close to death since you have a hunter.

And for all that, you get an uncontrollable single target attack only slightly better than the hunter's aoe skill and leagues worse than the rogue who's hitting for nearly double if not more than what the barbarian is. Hell, the Barbarian's only skill is duplicated by an item, except the item is even better than the skill up to level 8 or so because the item gives +25 attack without adding any threat. They can only do one thing (attacking) and they're not even good at staying alive long enough to do that without boosting their health.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I've never seen the rng do more than 2 fireballs on a single target. The barbarian is also the second highest dmg dealing to a single target in the game with an amazing crit rate. Sure there are better tanks, but why the hell would you want to sit there and tank damage instead of killing poo poo?

Edit: god, the above post is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin. It's basically 'if all the stars align, the barbarian sucks balls'

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
What is kopp? The discussion makes it seem like my kind of game but I can't find it on the play store.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

andrew smash posted:

What is kopp? The discussion makes it seem like my kind of game but I can't find it on the play store.

knights of pen and paper

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.beholdstudios.knightspp&hl=en

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Guilty posted:

I've never seen the rng do more than 2 fireballs on a single target. The barbarian is also the second highest dmg dealing to a single target in the game with an amazing crit rate. Sure there are better tanks, but why the hell would you want to sit there and tank damage instead of killing poo poo?

Edit: god, the above post is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin. It's basically 'if all the stars align, the barbarian sucks balls'
I guess when the rng must hate me then, because I get fireballed into oblivion all the time. The barbarian is the second highest single target damaging class in the game, except the hunter is capable of doing 90% of that damage and also to five monsters at a time without also raising tons of threat. The only reason tanking even comes up with barbarian is because berserk raises your threat pretty high and barbarians have mediocre health to begin with. If you're berserking on your first turn, unless you've managed to kill something already you still have seven more enemies until your next attack who are probably focusing on you, again, since your threat is now so high. Not to mention that if you've been fireballed, the damage from it and from berserking can still kill you when your turn comes around, before you even get a chance to regen.

So yes, I'm saying that if you get unlucky the barbarian will die really easily, and that his only skill only weighs the scales against you. Sometimes you berserk right off the bat and you're fine, other times you get screwed over. Or you wait a turn and lower your chances of getting screwed over by a ton. The point is that no other class has to deal with this poo poo, especially since except for the secret boss you almost never have to worry about damage to a single target that can't be handled by other classes, except they don't have to worry about killing themselves when they use their main skills.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

WebDO posted:

Hungry Shark Evolution is a fun game, but holy poo poo if it doesn't cause my GNex to lag out and crash all the time. Le sigh.

It did that to my Nexus 4. I have NO idea what that game is doing in the background while I'm eating people and fish, but it's sure not helping things if it's making a phone with 2GB of RAM and a quadcore CPU to crash.

Maybe it's eating resources with every fish I eat. :v:

Come to think of it Robo5 did that too... Games don't seem to like the Nexus 4 after the 4.2.2 update.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Wrist Watch posted:

I guess when the rng must hate me then, because I get fireballed into oblivion all the time. The barbarian is the second highest single target damaging class in the game, except the hunter is capable of doing 90% of that damage and also to five monsters at a time without also raising tons of threat. The only reason tanking even comes up with barbarian is because berserk raises your threat pretty high and barbarians have mediocre health to begin with. If you're berserking on your first turn, unless you've managed to kill something already you still have seven more enemies until your next attack who are probably focusing on you, again, since your threat is now so high. Not to mention that if you've been fireballed, the damage from it and from berserking can still kill you when your turn comes around, before you even get a chance to regen.

So yes, I'm saying that if you get unlucky the barbarian will die really easily, and that his only skill only weighs the scales against you. Sometimes you berserk right off the bat and you're fine, other times you get screwed over. Or you wait a turn and lower your chances of getting screwed over by a ton. The point is that no other class has to deal with this poo poo, especially since except for the secret boss you almost never have to worry about damage to a single target that can't be handled by other classes, except they don't have to worry about killing themselves when they use their main skills.

Despite the game being out to get you, the barbarian is still the third best class, which is what we've been saying. No one denies rogue and hunter being one and two. The only way barb could be worse is if magic stat boosted spell damage significantly. Then shaman and mage would be loving amazing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ThermoPhysical posted:

It did that to my Nexus 4. I have NO idea what that game is doing in the background while I'm eating people and fish, but it's sure not helping things if it's making a phone with 2GB of RAM and a quadcore CPU to crash.

Maybe it's eating resources with every fish I eat. :v:

Come to think of it Robo5 did that too... Games don't seem to like the Nexus 4 after the 4.2.2 update.

Yeah, my n4 isn't crashing in hungry shark but it feels like its about to combust so if I play more than 1 game at a time my finger starts to get burnt.

KominAaa
Jun 5, 2005

[vocoder]
Ask-me-about-M4RX15M and-80s-era-spacesynth
[/vocoder]
We just released an updated version of Shufflepuck Cantina for Android devices on the Playstore

It was originally designed for iOS and we haven't done any new presentation video but it runs smoothly too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIiKzdQM8yY

Also it's free and made with Blender.

If you like the game we could use some votes on Greenlight for a Steam Version with a lot more features to be released soon.

Cercies
Dec 3, 2010

Living the dream

KominAaa posted:

We just released an updated version of Shufflepuck Cantina for Android devices on the Playstore

It was originally designed for iOS and we haven't done any new presentation video but it runs smoothly too.

If you like the game we could use some votes on Greenlight for a Steam Version with a lot more features to be released soon.

I have heard great things about this on iOS and am excited to play!

Edit: Just tried to play it and it is seriously messed up on my Galaxy S3 to the point of unplayability. Trying to get pictures of how distorted everything is. The game also hangs after the intro and can not get in to anything actually playable.

Cercies fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 1, 2013

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

KominAaa posted:

How accurate is this to Shufflepuck Cafe? I haven't played that since I was a child. :3:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

I don't usually berserk the first round of 7 Pombagira either, unless he comes at the end if the round. The bard has some natural hate and I don't lower threat on everyone else, so he never gets hit by 7 fireballs, which he could probably survive now at lvl 50 anyway. All 5 rings and +att items too. If he can tank the whole world AND do one of the highest dmg outputs, AND need no healer, why gently caress around with a paladin or knight?

KominAaa
Jun 5, 2005

[vocoder]
[/vocoder]

coyo7e posted:

How accurate is this to Shufflepuck Cafe? I haven't played that since I was a child. :3:

At first we were a bit scared of lawsuits and stuff but we were surprised to receive a mail from Christopher Gross, the original creator of Shufflepuck Café, he loves our game.

So I guess it feels pretty close to playing the old one !

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

KominAaa posted:

Good game, but please find a way to minimize/hide the bottom navigation bar. Other apps/games have done it so I'm sure this one could too:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

KominAaa posted:

Installing this on my Nexus 4, will let you know how it goes. :)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

coyo7e posted:

That digital glass breaking effect is very cool. This game looks like it could be a lot of fun - is there netplay?

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Not to mention that if you've been fireballed, the damage from it and from berserking can still kill you when your turn comes around, before you even get a chance to regen.

Berserking, on its own, doesn't damage yourself--that's a bug that was removed a while back.

Also, I think DOT and regen effects now resolve at the same time? I'm not completely sure, though.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I'll just confirm Galaxy S3 issues. I'm on an AOKP rom if that helps.

I get a lot of texture flickering and that hall of mirrors effect as well. I was just trying to click around to get to stuff, but when I got to a keyboard with no letters, I figured I'd stop.

1337kutkufan6969 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 1, 2013

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Also getting graphics issues on Nexus 4 with 4.2.2, here are a few examples. Rebooted the phone first to see if there was some other program in the background.

KominAaa
Jun 5, 2005

[vocoder]
[/vocoder]
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, we are working on a fix right now.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Good game, but please find a way to minimize/hide the bottom navigation bar. Other apps/games have done it so I'm sure this one could too:
I don't think this possible. There is a way to hide it but it comes back as soon as you touch the screen. Are there apps that don't work that way?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Pivit posted:

Also getting graphics issues on Nexus 4 with 4.2.2, here are a few examples. Rebooted the phone first to see if there was some other program in the background.

Confirming the same problems on my Nexus 4, 4.2.2.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

ThermoPhysical posted:

Confirming the same problems on my Nexus 4, 4.2.2.

Same.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Tunga posted:

I don't think this possible. There is a way to hide it but it comes back as soon as you touch the screen. Are there apps that don't work that way?

drat, you might be right. Thanks :google: !

Good game though :) I'll tell my friends to download it.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Tunga posted:

Yeah I'm not sure but it looks like that's a no
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION

quote:

This is an even less obtrusive state than that called for by SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LOW_PROFILE; on devices that draw essential navigation controls (Home, Back, and the like) on screen, SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION will cause those to disappear. This is useful (in conjunction with the FLAG_FULLSCREEN and FLAG_LAYOUT_IN_SCREEN window flags) for displaying content using every last pixel on the display.

There is a limitation: because navigation controls are so important, the least user interaction will cause them to reappear immediately. When this happens, both this flag and SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN will be cleared automatically, so that both elements reappear at the same time.

Makes sense though, if you have no physical buttons you have to rely on the app giving you access, and if it messes up (or is out to cause trouble?) you'd have to reset the phone to get out of there. I guess they could do something with the power button menu, but :google: at the moment, so hey

Excalibur_Z
Oct 2, 2004
Doodle Fit 2 is out on the Play Store now.

The first 10 levels are free to play with IAPs for extra hints and to unlock the full version (contains more levels and access to multiplayer and the community levels). Also supports level creation and downloadable levels as well as multiplayer. Private-lobby multiplayer uses GREE/OpenFeint (because a friends list is required) but Quick Play (against random opponents) doesn't. Uploading levels uses GREE as well but downloading community levels doesn't.

The two 5-star reviews (the producer swears they're not him!) can't be wrong!

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

baka kaba posted:

Yeah I'm not sure but it looks like that's a no
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION
Makes sense though, if you have no physical buttons you have to rely on the app giving you access, and if it messes up (or is out to cause trouble?) you'd have to reset the phone to get out of there. I guess they could do something with the power button menu, but :google: at the moment, so hey
Right, this is what I was talking about.

The best you can do is force the app into Portrait but then render the actual game landscape anyway. That gives you a bar on the "end" of the device which eats less pixels than the giant landscape one.

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum

KominAaa posted:

HTC EVO LTE here on Sprint. This game has all manner of bizarre graphics artifacts, the dialogue between the.. I think they're characters is the same line repeated over and over, and then crashes. Oh the infinite crashes. I'll keep it installed in the hopes of an update, though!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

KominAaa posted:

Really cool game. It runs incredibly smooth on my Gnex, which I was pleasantly surprised since lately I've been having problems with games with really good graphics running like rear end on the thing.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Are there any worthwhile FPS/shooting gallery type games on the Play Store? I feel like touch would be a great interface for blasting poo poo in the face.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Philip Rivers posted:

Are there any worthwhile FPS/shooting gallery type games on the Play Store? I feel like touch would be a great interface for blasting poo poo in the face.
Major Mayhem is a nice Time Crisis ish shooter.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Dead Trigger is a pretty fun fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone playing Ark of the Ages? I guess it's from the XSEED guys or something.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...nRoZWFnZXMiXQ..

I'm downloading it now based on a Kotaku recommendation and it looks like it's got some social stuff. I'll check back in once I fire it up.

• Locked thread