Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

The ex-wife thing kind of makes sense to me; maybe he doesn't want to bash her for the sake of his children or something.

prefect posted:

I would not be surprised if that's legally required by the divorce agreement. It's a crying shame, since she was so great on the show and generated so much great stuff, but I can get why she might not want to keep hearing about it.

Agreed and agreed.

It's just weird how we've almost forgotten about her, and it hasn't been that long...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

After listening to the this whole week of shows, and hearing the Tim thing uncut, I have a possibly crazy theory on what the hell is going on. On Tuesdays Wrap up Show, Steve the Intern said that he was being forced to do a "Playlist" special with a celebrity he didn't give a poo poo about, because Tim had gone to lunch with them. The next day, Lisa says that she has a source claiming that Tim has gone on a date with that Real Housewives woman. Tim flips his poo poo, and Lisa quickly changes it to "I was just kidding! There was no source, I was just throwing that out there to get a reaction!" And right before Tim storms out, it's stated that he is in the process of trying to get back together with his ex wife, and Howard immediately drops the issue for obvious reasons and starts going on about what a great "joke" it was. Gary said on the Wrap Up Show Wednesday that Tim was flipping out in the back office that someone was going to tell his ex wife or his kids that he was dating this woman, and all of a sudden the entire segment is cut from the replays.

So yeah, Tim either went out with, or hosed this chick, and is now flipping out because his ex wife may find out and not take him back. Kind of like when Artie was secretly trying to repair things with Dana, and set up a hotel room with the 3 girls from Penthouse.

*edit* And I'm pretty sure Howard has said before that it's in his divorce settlement that they aren't allowed to talk about each other.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

mrfreeze posted:

After listening to the this whole week of shows, and hearing the Tim thing uncut, I have a possibly crazy theory on what the hell is going on. On Tuesdays Wrap up Show, Steve the Intern said that he was being forced to do a "Playlist" special with a celebrity he didn't give a poo poo about, because Tim had gone to lunch with them. The next day, Lisa says that she has a source claiming that Tim has gone on a date with that Real Housewives woman. Tim flips his poo poo, and Lisa quickly changes it to "I was just kidding! There was no source, I was just throwing that out there to get a reaction!" And right before Tim storms out, it's stated that he is in the process of trying to get back together with his ex wife, and Howard immediately drops the issue for obvious reasons and starts going on about what a great "joke" it was. Gary said on the Wrap Up Show Wednesday that Tim was flipping out in the back office that someone was going to tell his ex wife or his kids that he was dating this woman, and all of a sudden the entire segment is cut from the replays.

So yeah, Tim either went out with, or hosed this chick, and is now flipping out because his ex wife may find out and not take him back. Kind of like when Artie was secretly trying to repair things with Dana, and set up a hotel room with the 3 girls from Penthouse.

*edit* And I'm pretty sure Howard has said before that it's in his divorce settlement that they aren't allowed to talk about each other.

I'm more fascinated by Tim repeatedly failing to get all of his waste into the toilet.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

haljordan posted:

I'm more fascinated by Tim repeatedly failing to get all of his waste into the toilet.

If he has gotten as fat as they say, maybe he just can't see his dick when he pees anymore?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Man, Tim is rolling in the women for being such a dumpy Rush Limbaugh-looking dude.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I know everyone's anti-Gary, but seriously Howard mercilessly bashing anything Gary does that he's not interested in is just ridiculous. This argument against his and John Hein's new show is as dumb as his complaints about the stools, especially when there's plenty of VALID reasons to bash Gary.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

mrfreeze posted:

If he has gotten as fat as they say, maybe he just can't see his dick when he pees anymore?

Jews in Auschwitz could have stood to drop a few pounds according to Howard. Everyone is too fat because that guy is so ridiculously insecure with his own body image that he presses those feelings towards everyone else. Tim is probably as fat as he usually is, which is to say he's overweight but not anything resembling, say, Artie.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

I know everyone's anti-Gary, but seriously Howard mercilessly bashing anything Gary does that he's not interested in is just ridiculous. This argument against his and John Hein's new show is as dumb as his complaints about the stools, especially when there's plenty of VALID reasons to bash Gary.

Remember when they were beating up on Sal for not knowing anything about history, et cetera? They kept goofing on him during the wrap-up show, asking him questions and then making fun of his answers, including one he got right. An SFN poster managed to get a phone call on the air, told them that Sal had actually been right, and Booey just brushed it off because they were goofing on Sal.

Moral of the story: Booey is a shithead, but he needs to be abused for valid reasons.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brocktoon posted:

Sorry, Gary trashing is the reason I wake up in the morning.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

There are a million things about Gary that Howard can goof on, but I still remember all the poo poo he gave Gary for using the word "interface" while describing interacting with a piece of software which is the exact term that should be used. "What the hell is an interface?! No one knows what that is!" Christ. I think Howard must've forgotten the time he had to call Jeff Schick on the Batphone because neither him nor his useless wife could figure out how to save a goddamn Word document.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

prefect posted:

Moral of the story: Booey is a shithead, but he needs to be abused for valid reasons.

He really kind of is. Yesterday he wrapped a bunch of cupcakes into a napkin and gave it to Joan Rivers on her way out because she wanted some. When Howard asked why they couldn't have put them in a container or box or something better than a loving greasy napkin, Gary claimed that he couldn't find anything with a lid to put them in.

Here's a picture of the cupcake table.

Yup, not a suitable container to be seen.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Vakal posted:

Okay, so if I worked on the Howard Stern show I would be just as fat as Jason Kaplan and John Hein.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Okay, so if I worked on the Howard Stern show I would be just as fat as Jason Kaplan and John Hein.

I'm sure those carrot cake cupcakes get thrown in the trash every week as well.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Goofing on the staff for legitimate reasons ("I bought a Baba Booey print boff!" or Stuttering John's "I could totally make an arena football team") seems to have been entirely replaced by Stern just yelling at the staff because of his incredibly annoying neuroses. I'm sure Joan Rivers didn't really give a poo poo about being handed a napkin. I'm sure she has an assistant to carry all her crap anyways.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

I'm sure those carrot cake cupcakes get thrown in the trash every week as well.

Sure, if by trash you mean Jason Kaplan.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Original audio with Lisa G asking Tim about the Real Housewives broad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPqnsGS9VWU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
As unlikely as it is I really hope Howard blows up at Tim for cutting that out of subsequent shows. Mere minutes before it happened Howard was detailing his channels' "mission statement" which included being dedicated to unfiltered reality. No bullshit etc. The whole discussion was such a stupid nothing thing (and entirely Tim's fault that they made anything of it) that I'd really like to hope Howard didn't sign off on censoring it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Holy Calamity! posted:

As unlikely as it is I really hope Howard blows up at Tim for cutting that out of subsequent shows. Mere minutes before it happened Howard was detailing his channels' "mission statement" which included being dedicated to unfiltered reality. No bullshit etc. The whole discussion was such a stupid nothing thing (and entirely Tim's fault that they made anything of it) that I'd really like to hope Howard didn't sign off on censoring it.

I bet it will never be mentioned and any caller who tries to bring it up will be hung up on and/or dumped.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

What are the SFN folks saying about this? They loves them some good conspiracy.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tim is a douchebag.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I liked what a bust the "George W Bush or Tim Sabean" game was. Hm, it's absolutely absurd without any possible bearing on anything approaching a valid statement? Must be Tim

At least Dubya seemed to usually have an attempted point when he mangled something. Tim's just mouthshitting out some wordsalad of whatever idiotic management class buzzwords he heard last.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vakal posted:

He really kind of is. Yesterday he wrapped a bunch of cupcakes into a napkin and gave it to Joan Rivers on her way out because she wanted some. When Howard asked why they couldn't have put them in a container or box or something better than a loving greasy napkin, Gary claimed that he couldn't find anything with a lid to put them in.

Oh god those Baba Booey and Artie cupcakes are so loving good. Will one of you in the NY area buy and ship me a box.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Crumbs will ship. You have to pay out the nose though.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Uh huh

https://twitter.com/HowardStern/status/307638083984166912

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Probably just the first poo poo she took in the last year and got confused.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Beth's clock is ticking, Howie...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I have never been that excited about anything in my life, let alone holding a loving cat.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Love that insane joker smile.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I wish there was a stock market for like, personal real life. I would buy so, so many shares in the "Beth will get pregnant" market, and clean up so hard in 5 years.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
Tim is such an overpaid hack, and horrible on the radio. Shitgate will go down in history as the greatest bit.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Listening to Artie/Teddy again, what a surreal moment.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 2, 2013

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
The Alex Jones interview was pretty good since he was kinda rolling with the punches Howard and Robin were throwing at him without going into berserker mode like on Piers Morgan's show. Alex Jones making fun of Riley Martin was kinda surreal.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

GenoCanSing posted:

I wish there was a stock market for like, personal real life. I would buy so, so many shares in the "Beth will get pregnant" market, and clean up so hard in 5 years.

Hopefully Beth will be menopausal by then.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Look at that loving baby fever.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I was watching some old clips on Youtube and there was one i had never seen before (nor have ever heard referenced) where they had a tasteless Halloween costume contest, and Sal (before he was working for the show) came down dressed as 'Beth the Gold Digger'. He's wearing a white belly shirt 'Gold Digging Beth' and a load of dollar signs, wearing a blonde wig and carrying a gold plated shovel. This is easily the funniest thing he's ever done! I'm shocked no one has ever mentioned it before on the show (especially during the whole Sal/Beth post gary roast fall out).

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

adebisi lives posted:

The Alex Jones interview was pretty good since he was kinda rolling with the punches Howard and Robin were throwing at him without going into berserker mode like on Piers Morgan's show. Alex Jones making fun of Riley Martin was kinda surreal.

Yeah, I thought it was a good listen. He kept offering to do an impression of Riley but they didn't take him up on it.

Has anyone actually listened to the Alex Jones show? I actually found myself willing to give it a shot because he had a sense of humor about himself, and it might be hilarious to hear the rantings of a crazy person.

Come to think of it, he seems a lot like Riley except with conspiracies and less food-poisoning.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

adebisi lives posted:

Yeah I liked it a lot too. It was weird seeing Jones sort of out of character and actually having a sense of humor about himself. He must really like Howard because it's the first time I've seen him like this in any type of mainstream interview.

^^^^I used to listen to it years ago and it was highly entertaining, it felt like I was listening to a radio show that existed in a William Gibson novel. I don't know how good it is nowadays though, I got burnt out on it after hearing the same rants so many times.

savinhill fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 2, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

STOP ROBBIN' MY MONEY!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

That is one HUGE pussy... don't forget how tall Beth is.

Crotch Bat posted:

Awwww, you edited it!

Anyway, I agree: while Artie was being a paranoid mess, Teddy really was passive-aggressively loving with him. Still not a justification for attacking Teddy, but still, if you gently caress with an unstable person, you shouldn't be surprised when they go berserk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

That is one HUGE pussy... don't forget how tall Beth is.

Awwww, you edited it!

Anyway, I agree: while Artie was being a paranoid mess, Teddy really was passive-aggressively loving with him. Still not a justification for attacking Teddy, but still, if you gently caress with an unstable person, you shouldn't be surprised when they go berserk.

Like forever ago, what did you open the page up and just never read it until now :v:

I actually felt kinda bad at the end when Teddy was crying so that's the edit but for the sake of it yea, I feel Teddy was more in the wrong and he took advantage of an extremely generous person who wasn't in a good place to begin with so what happened there is mostly his fault. The violence is wholly inexcusable but Artie basically exposing Teddy as his own personal Ralph was well deserved.

And also I have zero idea how Teddy had money issues considering that year he made 40K from Artie, probably 25-30K from the show and then borrowed an additional 8-10K from Artie. Of course, I guess people get money problems at all levels of income but I'm not financially retarded so I have trouble understanding it regardless.

Loaning money to friends should basically never be done. It should either be given as a gift without expecting it back or you shouldn't loan any. It creates awful issues, especially for a generous person like Artie who does want his money returned but clearly feels bad and/or awkward having to confront people over it.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 2, 2013