Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

aw this pickup is working so hard that it's leaning into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012
i have pretty sensitive eyes but i really could care less about what i look at on a computer

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
We detected that your video is shake and has bad lighting. Would you like us to fix that?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
you need to spend a looot of time tweaking twixtor to get something thats acceptable and also have to get the right footage that'll work right but most of the time people just pop in footage and then export the really artefacted and broken result as "slowmo!!!!"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

"heh lemme just take this 15fps .3gp file and twixtor it out to 10,000fps"

-everyone on youtube

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

You are giving people on Youtube way too much credit.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Suspicious Dish posted:

We detected that your video is shake and has bad lighting. Would you like us to fix that?

there's no algorithm to detect this, its just assumed

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

hey! is 3d dead yet?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

nigga crab pollock posted:

you need to spend a looot of time tweaking twixtor to get something thats acceptable and also have to get the right footage that'll work right but most of the time people just pop in footage and then export the really artefacted and broken result as "slowmo!!!!"

yeah if you have less than 4ghz or 6 cores to work with LOOL

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Progressive JPEG posted:

hey! is 3d dead yet?

Hey! No.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
the 3d in the hobbit was p. nice because at least peter jackson used it for subtle DOF poo poo and not just OMG poo poo FLYING AT YOU

it was the only movie where i felt like i got something out of those stupid glasses

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

the 3d in the hobbit was p. nice because at least peter jackson used it for subtle DOF poo poo and not just OMG poo poo FLYING AT YOU

it was the only movie where i felt like i got something out of those stupid glasses

3D in any movie shot with stereoscopic camera setup is going to be good

its the converted after the fact ones that make you go crosseyed

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I don't like 3d when it looks like a couple of zaxis separated overlays

that poo poo is terrible and I don't understand how they did it for the football game I watched three minutes of before deciding this poo poo is terrible

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
though I will gladly listen to Carmack sperg about 3d for hours on end :allears:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

ahmeni posted:

though I will gladly listen to Carmack sperg about 3d for hours on end :allears:

stop enabling him

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

btw is there a way to get youtube to preload again?

like a year or so ago or maybe six months i dunno, before they started chopping it up, you could preload if your connection was kinda spotty for a bit. but now its just like well gently caress you for even trying to watch anything gently caress you

i guess youtube is telling me my internet is a piece of poo poo except i knew this already

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sniep posted:

i just wish there was a separate "compressor-enabled" audio 2 channel stereo audio track available on all movie discs (bluray or dvd) so that if you don't have a ballin home theatre you can still set the volume and let it be without constantly "turn up so we can hear this quiet part / gently caress gently caress turn back down its explosion time"

i'm so annoyed with this i want start making 2.0 downmixes of everything, but i think every solution i've tried ended up with retarded results

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

univbee posted:

i'm so annoyed with this i want start making 2.0 downmixes of everything, but i think every solution i've tried ended up with retarded results

this is redundant, if your hardware chain is set up right, it will do this for you automatically.

some DVD's dont have their metadata set right for the downmix, but this shouldn't be a problem if the disc was made past 2003

read this if you like words.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=121087

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The part where the dwarves were throwing those flaming pine cones was a really effective poo poo flying at you moment for me

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

pagancow posted:

this is redundant, if your hardware chain is set up right, it will do this for you automatically.

some DVD's dont have their metadata set right for the downmix, but this shouldn't be a problem if the disc was made past 2003

read this if you like words.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=121087

looks like i have to double-check my setup and make sure i get drc working. my neighbors thank you in advance.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Wheany posted:

The part where the dwarves were throwing those flaming pine cones was a really effective poo poo flying at you moment for me

Also the part where the fall down the cave was pretty cool

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

idk what thread to put this in but it's about streaming video so why not here

turns out the ipad lightning AV adapter is actually an airplay receiver

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

pagancow posted:

3D in any movie shot with stereoscopic camera setup is going to be good

its the converted after the fact ones that make you go crosseyed

was toy story 3 converted? that seems stupid as hell but i wonder since it didnt work for poo poo. i know alice was converted and it was awful

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

was toy story 3 converted? that seems stupid as hell but i wonder since it didnt work for poo poo. i know alice was converted and it was awful

i think they just rendered Toy Story 3 twice, once for 2d and once for 3d

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Install Gentoo posted:

i think they just rendered Toy Story 3 twice, once for 2d and once for 3d

huh. well either way the 3d was useless

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol you guys

"i think the moon is made of cheese!"

"yeah sounds good"

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Pixar works in 3D for 99% of everything. Very few things are done screen space now.

2D version of the movie is just the left eye render :dealwithit:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Werthog 95 posted:

some scrubs got all mad at me when they were like "look at how stupid apple is" and I said "Yes, because HDMI has 19 pins and lightning has 9. please explain to me how physics work again?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

and before you go "bu bu bu bu serial connection! multiplexing!" tell me how expensive a monitor with SDI is and how less expensive it is without it.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

this has been another penta post by pagancow in the video codec thread :out:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
wait wait what? of the two supported video transport cabling technologies apple does, the lightning (mobile version of grownup thunderbolt) isn't quite as high bandwidth/high quality?

im shocked

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

pagancow posted:

Pixar works in 3D for 99% of everything. Very few things are done screen space now.

2D version of the movie is just the left eye render :dealwithit:

i dont care, the 3d sucked either way

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Werthog 95 posted:

i don't get it, what is this for? are people actually attaching their ipads to their televisions with a cable in tyool 2013? why would someone do that?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
because the Apple TV is a sleeper product that not many people want until apple does something good with it

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ahmeni posted:

because the Apple TV is a sleeper product that not many people want until apple does something good with it

protip: they never will

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
does it even have apps?? or is it just preloaded with Netflix or something

like I want an Apple TV but I have no idea what it does or what content I can access outside of the states. our Netflix is terrible. like worse than Canadian Netflix

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ahmeni posted:

does it even have apps?? or is it just preloaded with Netflix or something

like I want an Apple TV but I have no idea what it does or what content I can access outside of the states. our Netflix is terrible. like worse than Canadian Netflix

the apple tv:
1) plays (some of) your content from itunes
2) has support for a few online streaming services for video and music

here's a list of the services

iTunes Store (Content must be streamed live or downloaded via iTunes onto a device with storage capability [personal computer, iPhone, iPad, etc.])
Flickr and iCloud photo slide shows
Netflix
Hulu Plus
YouTube and Vimeo
Rotten Tomatoes reviews can be browsed for rented/purchased content
NBA TV and MLB.tv allow access to league scores, statistics, and their accompanying subscription services.

so i think in australia you'd just get itunes store, flickr and icloud slide shows, youtube and vimeo.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
So it's a glorified TV tuner?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Moist von Lipwig posted:

So it's a glorified TV tuner?

well it cant actually let you watch live tv off an antenna or cable box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
so apparently if you connect something via hdmi the nvidia software will determine weather or not it's a tv by its support of hdmi audio and welp enjoy your forced 16-235
theres a workaround with setting a custom res but still lol

• Locked thread