Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...
Cardiff prepare for their imminent promotion:

(Apparently genuine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I know we've had a laugh at the color choices available for the Warrior "Skreamer" boots but Craig Bellamy's custom ones are loving dope

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
why does that dragon look like its throwing up

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's a lion. Unless you mean the long thing, which is indeed a dragon.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

That is the tail of the white (english) dragon that our brave red dragon just ate fyi

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I wondered that, I really have no idea. They named Devante Cole who is in the under 18 and reserve squads, no idea why the younger ones are anonymous though.

TGF, totally off topic but I wanted to grab your attention somehow. I'll be over from the states in May, and want to check about getting away tickets to the Swans-City match. I'm only a blue member and it seems like a tough shot at getting tickets through official channels with my level of loyalty points, do you know of any other options? I really don't want to sit with the home fans, we had a blast with all the citeh fans when we went to the CL games.

Thoughts?

Also those cleats are sick

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Pretty sure you wouldn't have a chance of getting a ticket with the home fans anyway, Swansea don't have a big ground and they fill it every week.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Party in the UAE posted:

TGF, totally off topic but I wanted to grab your attention somehow. I'll be over from the states in May, and want to check about getting away tickets to the Swans-City match. I'm only a blue member and it seems like a tough shot at getting tickets through official channels with my level of loyalty points, do you know of any other options? I really don't want to sit with the home fans, we had a blast with all the citeh fans when we went to the CL games.

Thoughts?

Also those cleats are sick

How many loyalty points do you have? Any at all? My advice would be, if you're on twitter, follow this account https://twitter.com/CityTicketX, it's a ticket exchange account and most fans use it. Another option is viagogo, but you will probably get ripped off on there because the person selling the ticket can charge what they want. Final option and it's a push, is message me your email address, I might be able to get a ticket from work depending on how in demand they are.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

the projectile vomiting accurately captures the feelings of cardiff fans

Soup and a Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 1, 2013

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

TheGoatFeeder posted:

How many loyalty points do you have? Any at all? My advice would be, if you're on twitter, follow this account https://twitter.com/CityTicketX, it's a ticket exchange account and most fans use it. Another option is viagogo, but you will probably get ripped off on there because the person selling the ticket can charge what they want. Final option and it's a push, is message me your email address, I might be able to get a ticket from work depending on how in demand they are.

Awesome, thanks. I have a few points, but nothing substantial because I had to go the viagogo route for all my CL tix. I'll keep tabs on the twitter account, as that's exactly the kind of little secret I was looking for. Worst case, I might come crawling to you if things look bleak - I'd need two, one for me and one for MY GIRLFRIEND.

I can't imagine that many fans would want to travel to freaking Wales after United has numerically clinched the league, so I do have my hopes up that I can just grab them in an easy fashion :shepicide:

Party in the UAE fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 1, 2013

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Party in the UAE posted:

Awesome, thanks. I have a few points, but nothing substantial because I had to go the viagogo route for all my CL tix. I'll keep tabs on the twitter account, as that's exactly the kind of little secret I was looking for. Worst case, I might come crawling to you if things look bleak - I'd need two, one for me and one for MY GIRLFRIEND.

I can't imagine that many fans would want to travel to freaking Wales after United has numerically clinched the league, so I do have my hopes up that I can just grab them in an easy fashion :shepicide:

If you have no luck message me about a month before the game, and i'll see what I can track down. I suspect they might drop below loyalty points and be available to just blue members, so you might be alright.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

TheGoatFeeder posted:

If you have no luck message me about a month before the game, and i'll see what I can track down. I suspect they might drop below loyalty points and be available to just blue members, so you might be alright.

Rad. Thanks again.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Not technically a photo but I think this is the best thread for this. An American woman I know had twin human male children and named them Landon and Donovan. That is funny!!!

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

jyrka posted:

Not technically a photo but I think this is the best thread for this. An American woman I know had twin human male children and named them Landon and Donovan. That is funny!!!

and appropriate too as they spent the previous several months doing absolutely nothing

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Ahh yes, back in the days when Alumnia was around and managed to do the Crossbar Challenge

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

real_scud posted:

Ahh yes, back in the days when Alumnia was around and managed to do the Crossbar Challenge
50% of the successes I've seen in the crossbar challenge have been keepers. It's always great when the squad fails and then the manager lands it, they go bananas.

T. Mascis posted:

I know we've had a laugh at the color choices available for the Warrior "Skreamer" boots but Craig Bellamy's custom ones are loving dope

Like these.

Party in the UAE posted:

The border of Wales itself is only about an hour from Manchester. You could do Manchester to Cardiff in under three hours I reckon. Although for British people that's quite a trip still I guess.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

Hoops posted:

50% of the successes I've seen in the crossbar challenge have been keepers. It's always great when the squad fails and then the manager lands it, they go bananas.

Like these.

The border of Wales itself is only about an hour from Manchester. You could do Manchester to Cardiff in under three hours I reckon. Although for British people that's quite a trip still I guess.

I didn't say it was far, I said it was Wales.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hoops posted:

Manchester to the border and Manchester to Swansea is a big difference. ~4 hours, 232 miles or so, Etihad to Liberty.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Manchester to the border and Manchester to Swansea is a big difference. ~4 hours, 232 miles or so, Etihad to Liberty.

I'd just like to point out that this is still far less time than it would take to travel from Chicago to the next nearest MLS team (Columbus Crew).

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainRightful posted:

I'd just like to point out that this is still far less time than it would take to travel from Chicago to the next nearest MLS team (Columbus Crew).

In Europe 100 miles is a long way, in America 100 years is a long time.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

CaptainRightful posted:

The farthest EPL teams are closer than San Jose to Los Angeles. Just about sums up why the supporter culture in MLS isn't what it is in most other countries.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Tigren posted:

The farthest EPL teams are closer than San Jose to Los Angeles. Just about sums up why the supporter culture in MLS isn't what it is in most other countries.

It's for this reason I always thought the US would do better to have a more "regional" approach, and then have a CL-type national competition. No idea how it'd work though.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

EvilHawk posted:

It's for this reason I always thought the US would do better to have a more "regional" approach, and then have a CL-type national competition. No idea how it'd work though.

Football is still such a fringe spectator sport that there aren't enough big markets to have that many sustainable teams. Even big sports like basketball and even football in cities like Charlotte, nc, Jacksonville fl and New Orleans (basketball only) really struggle to sell out.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAhmsSH9tI

Ordal
Apr 13, 2004

Mr Pepper posted:

Football is still such a fringe spectator sport that there aren't enough big markets to have that many sustainable teams. Even big sports like basketball and even football in cities like Charlotte, nc, Jacksonville fl and New Orleans (basketball only) really struggle to sell out.

RIP Charlotte Hornets, I'll never forget you.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

That's the most embarrassing thing I've ever watched, and I watched my dad sing Elton John's "Your Song" to his new wife using a radio mic during their first dance.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Baby Suso looks like a goddamn anime

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Ordal posted:

RIP Charlotte Hornets, I'll never forget you.
Don't worry, they're coming back very shortly. The New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to the Pelicans so that the Bobcats can reclaim the Hornets identity.

Young Luis Suarez looks like...Luis Suarez.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

The Prisoner posted:

Don't worry, they're coming back very shortly. The New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to the Pelicans so that the Bobcats can reclaim the Hornets identity.

Young Luis Suarez looks like...Luis Suarez.

Holy gently caress he has not changed at all. Baby Suso though :3:

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

That finish is so good :allears:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
That was a dive.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Mr Pepper posted:

Even big sports like basketball and even football in cities like Charlotte, nc, Jacksonville fl and New Orleans (basketball only) really struggle to sell out.

The Charlotte Hornets led the entire NBA in attendance for years, dude.
The Bobcats just plain suck and we've been cursed with some godawful owners.

Also basketball is a pretty drat big deal in this state. I'm sure you've heard of a little rivalry between two colleges named Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill?
The one where their annual game against each other sells out for months in advance, and even nosebleed seats are put up for lottery and cost hundreds of dollars?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

jyrka posted:

That was a dive.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

That's amazing and I'm disappointed that more fans don't try to return the ball to play according to LoAF.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

sticksy posted:

That's amazing and I'm disappointed that more fans don't try to return the ball to play according to LoAF.

I once saw someone try to do it at Elland Road and I think he got shoved as he jumped to head it because he fell forwards into the next row of seats and knocked a bunch of people over. Do fancy ball returns at your own risk imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I've always dreamt of just chesting the ball down and then kicking it back out nice and easy.

• Locked thread