Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

No.

Yes.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
There was a Maserati Quattroporte in the parking lot at one of the fancy restaurants near my apartment. It had a long white scratch, visible from across the street, down the quarter panel, and it was obvious it was from someone flinging their door open in a parking lot.

gently caress getting an expensive car.

Also gently caress people who fling open and slam doors.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Neptr posted:

There was a Maserati Quattroporte in the parking lot at one of the fancy restaurants near my apartment. It had a long white scratch, visible from across the street, down the quarter panel, and it was obvious it was from someone flinging their door open in a parking lot.

Stop wedging your poo poo into the closest parking spot to the door you can find. This doesn't happen when you fancy park in bfe next to a curb and walk a few extra feet.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Neptr posted:

Most of them are solidly NOT expensive cars anymore. At least for initial purchase.

You can pick up '06es all day long for $25-28k at auction. They end up going in the low 30s around here for private sale. Most of them have very low mileage, probably because they have spent most of their lives waiting on repair parts.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Motronic posted:

Most of them are solidly NOT expensive cars anymore. At least for initial purchase.

You can pick up '06es all day long for $25-28k at auction. They end up going in the low 30s around here for private sale. Most of them have very low mileage, probably because they have spent most of their lives waiting on repair parts.

True story: I had to make a late night run to the 24-hour Walmart a couple months back around 2am and saw *two* Quattroportes sitting side by side in the parking lot, one with huge gaudy rimzzz on it. They were leaving when I came back out, both were being piloted by thugged-out white kids.

Plus, they still look like Buicks to me.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 1, 2013

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

DropShadow posted:

True story: I had to make a late night run to the 24-hour Walmart a couple months back around 2am and saw *two* Quattroportes sitting side by side in the parking lot, one with huge gaudy rimzzz on it. They were leaving when I came back out, both were being piloted by thugged-out white kids.

Plus, they still look like Buicks to me.

I was following one home the other day, and decided to open my window so I could hear the engine. I was so disappointed, it just sounded like your standard v8 mustang :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Don't they have a dual mode exhaust kind of thing? I remember the one that a lawyer parked next to my Cavalier a few jobs ago was ear splittingly loud when he got on it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

veedubfreak posted:

I was following one home the other day, and decided to open my window so I could hear the engine. I was so disappointed, it just sounded like your standard v8 mustang :(

Interesting. There was a guy who had one where I used to live and I thought it sounded great. But he also drove like a maniac :getin:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Courtesy of another goon. 87 in an E39 M5 - not so much :( for this specifically, but you know what kind of owner they are.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Gotta save that $0.20/gallon in my expensive GT car! :downs:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Stop wedging your poo poo into the closest parking spot to the door you can find. This doesn't happen when you fancy park in bfe next to a curb and walk a few extra feet.

Guess what?

Yes it does.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

blk posted:

87 in an E39 M5

Is enough of the car visible in that picture to tell if its a legit M5 or just a regular 5-series with a M5 badge? I saw a similar case of some kid who had his early 2000s Mustang GT kitted out like it was a Cobra, pumping 87.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Geoj posted:

Is enough of the car visible in that picture to tell if its a legit M5 or just a regular 5-series with a M5 badge? I saw a similar case of some kid who had his early 2000s Mustang GT kitted out like it was a Cobra, pumping 87.

Does it matter? I thought all BMW's of that era needed premium.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

Negromancer posted:

Does it matter? I thought all BMW's of that era needed premium.

"Recommended" vs. "Premium" yadayadayada, but yes, the manual and dash will recommend premium. hell, my 94 740 recommended premium

parid
Mar 18, 2004
=I took that picture this morning on the way into work. It was fully an M5, not just a badge.

parid fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 1, 2013

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Don't fuel octanes go from lowest to highest left to right? Or is that just a :canada: thing?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

DefaultPeanut posted:

Don't fuel octanes go from lowest to highest left to right? Or is that just a :canada: thing?

Except Shell, which does it backwards, presumably so you'll punch premium by accident and not notice.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

DefaultPeanut posted:

They do here in Canada too. Unless that pump doesn't have premium?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Stations around here seem to choose randomly, but the regular button is generally the most beat up one. Still, best to read the numbers :downs:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

kastein posted:

Stations around here seem to choose randomly, but the regular button is generally the most beat up one. Still, best to read the numbers :downs:

I dunno, I just look for the green or yellow handle :) I'm actually amazed no one has tried to warn me yet that I'm about to put deesul in my car.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Guess which one was seen at Target and which was seen at Wal Mart.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

veedubfreak posted:

When you get on them the exhaust note changes and it turns into a Ferrari. The rest of the car is poo poo but goddamned if that 4.3 Ferrari mill isn't sweet, and an old Maserati is probably the cheapest way to get that engine. It's almost worth buying one and a cheap Miata and making the best car ever.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
I am going to guess that this goes here, but my prognosticatory record on AI tastes is not stellar.

An International unlike any I have seen... seems to be going after the Ford F650 market.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

DILLIGAF posted:

I am going to guess that this goes here, but my prognosticatory record on AI tastes is not stellar.

An International unlike any I have seen... seems to be going after the Ford F650 market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_CXT

Ashton Kutcher drove one, the douchebag.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012
Nah, the CXT looks more like a big rig. I believe that is an MXT, which was marketed to the military or contractors.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

DILLIGAF posted:

That thing is rad as gently caress and looks like it gets used. At least it's dirty and got some tool boxes. There are a few of the ones that look like big rigs rolling around my city and they're all brightly colored and perfectly waxed without any sign of legitimate use. Those go here.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
What do you use such a thing for? Wikipedia says it has a GVWR of 14,000lbs and a tow rating of 16,000lbs which sound really low - that's like half what a Ram 2500 is rated for, and they want $90,000 for it?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Medium-sized rodents are good for, like, 10-15hp, right?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chrysler's new skunkworks project

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Swapped out of a Volvo S60 Polecat?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Body's in good shape, suspension is sound but the acceleration stinks

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

And you thought that nasty smell was just the catalytic converter

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PainterofCrap posted:

And you thought that nasty smell was just the catalytic converter

There we go.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Throatwarbler posted:

What do you use such a thing for? Wikipedia says it has a GVWR of 14,000lbs and a tow rating of 16,000lbs which sound really low - that's like half what a Ram 2500 is rated for, and they want $90,000 for it?

You should install it further in the front for better cooling. You also might want to shave it a bit for better airflow.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
And you thought they smelled bad on the outside uncooked!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Poor tree. :(

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Evidence of a little windshield taste test as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Challenge accepted. :colbert: