Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Without the English track you're missing all the flavorful and well written background chatter such as "Dog's balls", "My balls itch", and "Your mother sucks dwarf cock!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Finished Tomb Raider: Underworld in time for the new one on Tuesday. Huzzah.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RightClickSaveAs posted:

There's always the option to switch the audio over to the original Polish language track, where I wasn't able to tell if the VO was good or not! All I know is it instantly made everyone sound more badass to me.

More of a concern is parts of that game are kind of a slog (like the swamps). I recently tried to replay it in anticipation of the second one, and just didn't feel like going through all that again.

Thanks for the language advice. I'll totally rock out the polish dialogue when I play through that. But I've got to finish Puzzle Agent 2 first. So probably tomorrow. The slog may be sloggy, but that's why I'm only doing one game at a time, so that I don't let that stuff stop me from enjoying quality games.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
BEATEN: BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. In about 8 hours I cleared all levels on Normal, Perfected 71% of them, unlocked all characters but one and collected all treasure chests, and got 80 of the 90 internal sub-achievements. All remaining achievements are pretty much about grinding playtime on various difficulty modes, and the final unlockable involves locating and beating some number of the 25 secret bonus levels (probably all of them; I found 7 and beat 6.)

I take back what I said earlier. Runner 2 has a fabulously configurable difficulty curve and to date there has been no meteor nut-punching of any kind, at least on Normal. Hard does have a few nasty tricks, but overall everything great about BIT.TRIP RUNNER has been preserved or amped up, and everything despicable about it has been fixed.

Here's a more detailed trip report (click for video, and you'll probably want annotations on):

This trip report also involves some blind play of hardmode levels, which I found interestingly challenging but still not too facemelting. I'll probably go back to it occasionally as I play other things.

NOW PLAYING: I'm about halfway through Trine 2 and one level into Mark of the Ninja.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: 10000000
Great action match-3 game. Getting enough loot to upgrade you weapon or getting another perk means constant getting just far enough that you can always feel that the end is *just* a few monsters away.
You'll finish it before it gets too repetitive (and I took even longer to finish it than the avarage).
Oh and then there is the music. A perfect match to the game and it's a delight every time *that* track starts playing.

Nulled: Adventures of Shuggy
Everything I dislike about platformers is present in this game: Platforms (and jumping on them).
It should be mentioned that it looks really polished and also that I should probably stop playing games I know I won't like or care for.

Nulled: SEGA Bass Fishing
I seem to remember fishing not being this dull.
There is absolutely nothing going on in this game:
1. Select lure
2. Select place to throw lure
3. Reel it in
4. Hope a fish will catch the lure and make sure your line doesn't break

At least the announcer sounds like a bad imitation of an overzealous George Takei, so there's that.

Beat: Luxor Evolved
Luxor can easily get hectic at times, but with all the retro vector graphics explosions (which are quite lovely btw) and bonuses flying around, Luxor Evolved can seem a bit messy and I did definitely not expect this frantic a game, but I had fun playing it anyway.
It's short though - around 2 hours to beat it on Normal.
Very polished and quite enjoyable.

Nulled: Mutant Storm Reloaded
Twin stick shooter I'm not going to play more than 10 minutes of.

Beat: Hamilton's Great Adventure
Fun and very polished casual puzzler.

Nulled: Geneforge 1
After 52 hours, it pains me to stop this, but I just can't stand that old rear end UI any more.
And the grinding, oh the grinding.
It's an awesome story and a really great open RPG, which also means I play it the way I want to: Not joining any factions because they are all retarded in their own ways. This of course also means no faction quests, and then no XP except for monster slaying. And Geneforge has a pretty good system where you simply don't get any XP if you are too much of a badass when fighting low level creatures, so the only way I could advance was finding high level monsters to kill, which took me ages to do. I believe I was level 14+15 for over 20 of my 52 hours of gameplay, and I barely opened up new locations in the end.
So, Geneforge 1 is gone, and I'll skip 2 too, as it's also locked to 800x600 in that horrible UI. My next Spiderweb game will probably be Avernum: Escape from the Pit.

Nulled: Anomaly: Warzone Earth
I played it a bit and it seemed OK. Then I lost interest in it and never bothered to go back to it.

Fart of Presto fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 3, 2013

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Shovelmint posted:

Thanks for the language advice. I'll totally rock out the polish dialogue when I play through that. But I've got to finish Puzzle Agent 2 first. So probably tomorrow. The slog may be sloggy, but that's why I'm only doing one game at a time, so that I don't let that stuff stop me from enjoying quality games.
One annoying thing I forgot about, when you change the language track (it's under Game Options), it never wants to stick, so you have to remember to change it again every time you restart the game.

I just started it again myself, I want to do another run through before I get into The Witcher 2. I installed the Full Combat Rebalance mod this time, it mixes things up a lot. I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't played through the game once normally though, it makes parts of the game very difficult and changes a bunch of things around. It is a lot closer to the world of the books, one thing I really like about it is the number of monsters is cut way down but their difficulty is raised and behaviors are changed so that they generally stick to their territory rather than spawning randomly, making you an actual monster hunter rather than just defending yourself from monsters that pop up out of nowhere.

Graburace
Mar 5, 2009
Beat Star Wars; Knights of The Old Republic
Game was really buggy at some points, but it was still really enjoyable.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
As promised I beat Puzzle Agent 2. The puzzles were not quite as good as the first one, nor the plot, but it still was an enjoyable cute little game. Moved on to the Witcher now. Thanks for the recommendation to play in Polish. It has made the voice acting so much more tolerable. The characters still have incredibly wooden body language but they at least sound tenfold more badass. I'm almost up to where I quit before (somewhere shortly after the prologue) but I already feel like I have a better grip on the game. I'm hoping that spending my level up points can be done relatively freely. I think I'm safe with what I've already upgraded, having only gotten a couple levels in the general stat tracks and the second set of moves for all 3 styles of combat, but I'm nervous since there's so many different places to spend my points, and I don't really know what'll be most useful yet. But if I can just spend on what appeals to me and make it through safely I'll be pleased. I'm on medium difficulty if that makes any difference.

clamcake
Dec 24, 2012
Beat Sam & Max Season 2. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with the Telltale series. I love the writing for all of its witty references to pop culture, and I love the ludicrous story that developed over the course of five episodes. But I hate how convoluted some of the puzzles are. Maybe I'm losing my ability to think outside the box, but I found myself consulting walkthroughs more often than any other adventure game I've ever played. And that means something coming from someone who...

Beat The Dig, LucasArts infamously obtuse adventure game. Sure, I read that the puzzles were occasionally bizarre and difficult, but I wasn't expecting to also find godawful voice acting and a dull, clumsy, and occasionally weirdly misogynistic script written by Orson Scott Card. I seem to remember a lot of lines that began along the lines of, "I don't have anything against women, but..." Ugh.
But setting aside those flaws, the game had a decent sci-fi story concept from Steven Spielberg. And the game's ambient soundtrack worked very well with stunning (considering how dated the game is) backgrounds to create really atmospheric locations throughout the game.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Fart of Presto posted:

My next Spiderweb game will probably be Avernum: Escape from the Pit.

You chose correctly! Be sure to check the Spiderweb forums first to read up on the balance issues.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Shovelmint posted:

But if I can just spend on what appeals to me and make it through safely I'll be pleased. I'm on medium difficulty if that makes any difference.
It's been a while since I've played vanilla, but I think you'll be fine on medium picking whatever looks coolest. The talent trees are really confusingly set up, but if I remember correctly it's pretty forgiving, although there are some fairly worthless skills in there you can waste points on. One thing you'll want to start putting points in soon is Strength and Stamina, they give resistances against Knockdowns, Pain and Bleed which can be pretty brutal later on, especially Knockdowns because those can get you killed fast. Strength and Stamina are such baseline talents to work on anyway though that you shouldn't have many problems unless you do something like spend all your points on Intelligence.

e: oh and I may be getting the talent trees mixed up with the mod, but one thing under the Intelligence tree you'll want to get early on (before you leave the first village) is Herbalism. Being able to pick the ingredients you need to make potions and oils yourself helps immensely, and there are a lot to harvest in that area.

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 3, 2013

Graburace
Mar 5, 2009
Beat Assassins Creed III
I could of beat this much faster but I decieded to get every collectible. After getting bored and never really sitting down to play it I just finished the game.

Beat The Saboteur
I was close to the end but just stopped playing for no real reason. The gaem was a great mash-up between Assassins Creed and Grand Theft Auto.

Now Playing Gish and Knights Conflict.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beat: Deponia
I just finished this after having been playing the first quarter of it back in December. This is what I wrote as my Steam review:
A really good classic point-and-click adventure with a great story, lots of voice acting and some really great graphics.
As for puzzles, all the regular "adventure puzzles" were good and not too obtuse, but a few of the minigames annoyed me. Thankfully there is an option to skip those.
The only bad thing really, is the protagonist, who is an insufferable twat, but if he wasn't, there wouldn't really be any story.
Highly recommended for fans of old school adventures!

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
I have beaten Medal of Honor, the 2010 game. Short campaign - took me about 7 hours on Hard. Even so, the game is easy. I liked the chat between soldiers - it seemed more authentic than Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. As for the game itself, despite some interesting set pieces, I'm beginning to wonder whether these modern military shooters are right for me - the scripting, the forced paths, the infinite enemies until you advance to a certain area and other staples of this genre are making me appreciate the criticism from Spec Ops: The Line much more.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Beaten Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots I know, I'm a little late, but better late than never, right? I'd say it was a great game, although if you're not a fan of the series you may not like it much. It has the normal Metal Gear Solid feel with all the extras and silly stuff going on, but it has quite a bit of twists and ultimately ties up the whole series.

Now I've started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and God of War: Chains of Olympus. I also need to make progress in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, but I'm trying to do that when I'm away from home.

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
You know how people sometimes try to fill out a steam alphabet, where they try to own at least one game starting with every letter? I decided to see if I could do something similar with 100% completed games, and it turned out I was only missing 7 letters! GINQUVX. So, I figured that's a goal I can work towards from now on. With that in mind, new 100% achievements for this week:

Gemini Rue - Really cool story, especially the final act with all the plot reveals, marred by quite clunky gameplay. Maybe it's because I just came out of the Blackwell series which is right click for look, left to interact, but this game makes you right click anything you want to interact with and then pick the relevant verb. There's almost always just one useful verb to use on something so this felt like an unnecessary extra step. I probably want to talk to that dude, not kick him. Every time you want to open a door you have to click it, use the open verb, and then walk through it. That's a pain, just let me click it once to go through. Anyway, the director's commentary was good and made me wish that companies other than Valve and Wadget Eye included them.

INQUVX left.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Lavatein posted:

You know how people sometimes try to fill out a steam alphabet, where they try to own at least one game starting with every letter? I decided to see if I could do something similar with 100% completed games, and it turned out I was only missing 7 letters! GINQUVX. So, I figured that's a goal I can work towards from now on. With that in mind, new 100% achievements for this week:

Oh, that's a great idea. I should look into that.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

For what it's worth, Chrome is giving a malware warning whenever I go to backloggery now.

quote:

Content from forumdd.qc-net .com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

LordAndrew
Jul 13, 2009

Walking death machine equipped with the knowledge of Nuclear.

DannyTanner posted:

For what it's worth, Chrome is giving a malware warning whenever I go to backloggery now.

If I had to guess, this is caused by the fact Backloggery lets you set your avatar via hotlinking, so sometimes someone on the front page's avatar will be linked from a dubious site.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Lavatein posted:

Gemini Rue - Really cool story, especially the final act with all the plot reveals, marred by quite clunky gameplay. Maybe it's because I just came out of the Blackwell series which is right click for look, left to interact, but this game makes you right click anything you want to interact with and then pick the relevant verb. There's almost always just one useful verb to use on something so this felt like an unnecessary extra step. I probably want to talk to that dude, not kick him. Every time you want to open a door you have to click it, use the open verb, and then walk through it. That's a pain, just let me click it once to go through. Anyway, the director's commentary was good and made me wish that companies other than Valve and Wadget Eye included them.

So are the Blackwell games much better than Gemini Rue? I've put off trying them because Gemini Rue was such a pain to play.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Lavatein posted:

You know how people sometimes try to fill out a steam alphabet, where they try to own at least one game starting with every letter? I decided to see if I could do something similar with 100% completed games, and it turned out I was only missing 7 letters! GINQUVX. So, I figured that's a goal I can work towards from now on.

I need a "Y", and if you don't count "Indie Game: The Movie" I also need a game starting with "I".

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Zedicus Mann posted:

I need a "Y", and if you don't count "Indie Game: The Movie" I also need a game starting with "I".

Ys Origin and uh... uh... holy poo poo, out of 400 Steam games I don't own a single one beginning with I. What the gently caress?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

al-azad posted:

Ys Origin and uh... uh... holy poo poo, out of 400 Steam games I don't own a single one beginning with I. What the gently caress?

Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis! A goon gifted it to me.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

al-azad posted:

Indie Game the Movie is really good. You coulda had it for cents at that one humble indie bundle.

Do you have 10000000 or another number staring at you from the top of your list?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Indie Game the Movie is really good. You coulda had it for cents at that one humble indie bundle.

Do you have 10000000 or another number staring at you from the top of your list?

I have Netflix for Indie Game but there's surprisingly few games beginning with I even though it's a vowel.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Beat The Witcher after starting it over a year ago. Fantastic game with lots of quirks and gameplay annoyances but I'm really glad I saw it through until the end. Can't wait to start Assassins of Kings.

Nulled Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. Graphics are nice and it controls well and the weapons feel good and I like the concept but good lord what a tedious game. I don't think I've ever played a shooter with less interesting, overly long levels and also one that just straight up punishes you like this game. Steel Storm just loves spawning guys right on top of you requiring you to take a hit, fills rooms with laser cannons that fire insta-hit shots you can't avoid and the amount of damage most enemies soak up is insane. What an awful game that could have been good if the actual level and gameplay design was even a little bit better.

Also "Beat" Waves in that I've played all the modes a few times. It's a high score shooter so there's no real goal or ending besides doing well against friends or maybe completing achievements. It's definitely a good game with well designed modes and a good feel but I wish there was a bit more variety in levels or enemies or something. All of the arenas are the same size circle and the enemies are mostly just variations on circles so they're not as memorable as say the ones in Geometry Wars. But whatever, my biggest complaint is that the game is built on the Unreal Engine and for something as simple as it is the game absolutely murders my battery life. It's incredibly demanding and it just seems like it doesn't need to be. Still, for anyone wanting a good score shooter Waves is pretty nifty.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Beat Crashmo, although I ended up cheating my way through the last few puzzles. I got through 90 or so of them on my own, and after beating my head against the wall for 30 minutes on a couple of them I has to throw in the towel. I still think it's a pretty fantastic game, though.

Beat Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den, and I thought they were both pretty great. The story in Bioshock 2 wasn't anything amazing, but Minerva's Den was decent, and the gameplay improvements over the first game made it a lot more fun.

Beat Noitu Love 2. It took all of about an hour, but if it were any longer than that it probably would have been too long. It's neat for what it is, and it seems like there's a fair amount of depth to the combat if one wanted to go down that rabbit hole, but I have too many games and too little time to mess with that.

Beat Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers, which was also fairly short. I could have gone for a few more levels, but only if they were ones that were more focused on puzzle-y stuff and not so much on the "boss" encounters, which dragged the experience down a bit.

Playing Diamond Dan, which I bought in some Steam sale long ago and had mentally filed away under "casual junk", but it's really not casual at all. I'm about halfway through right now (11 out of 21 levels), and it is getting rough. You're going through these temples/catacombs/whatever, trying to collect treasure while you avoid the constantly shifting blocks, spike traps, water pits, etc. It kind of reminds me of Spelunky in that I've found myself dying a LOT, usually because I've felt the need to keep moving forward without getting a good bead on the hazards in front of me. It's definitely worth a look if you're like me and have had it sitting in your unplayed queue for-loving-ever.

Also playing the new Fire Emblem on my 3DS. It's rad, but if you have a 3DS odds are good that you already know that.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Hob_Gadling posted:

Beat F.E.A.R. Fun combat, not so fun level design. Some of the later levels can go gently caress themselves. It's also very easy.

Beat F.E.A.R. Extraction Point. The game itself was poo poo, but the reasons why it was so are fascinating.

Original game has semi-linear levels. Sometimes they reach almost Doom-type complexity when you have several routes that end up in the same place, crisscross each other and circle around. Exploration is not mandatory but rewarded. While level texturing is relatively boring and samey through the whole game the freedom of movement gives it life. Sure, it's a generic office but there's a lot of room to dodge and set up ambushes. Enemy AI really plays into it: almost always it's one guy pinning you down and others trying to either flank or flush you out with grenades. It only really breaks down in the final levels where you have only one way to go and AI doesn't have room to work. But as long as it works, it creates a convincing illusion of smart, human-like opponents who are as much hunters as prey.

Extraction Point has linear levels with one way to go. Sometimes two, but they meet up almost immediately. AI doesn't get to do any of its cool tricks in a straight corridor. Large arenas are obviously set up and you always, without fail know you're gonna get rushed when you're about to enter one. When exploration aspect is removed, the boring corridors and textures become really grating. Running for long stretches without anything to look up isn't exciting. There are the scripted scares but they don't work because you are not absorbed in something else. Seeing Alma suddenly appear is only scary if you were concentrated on finding the health boost you saw a couple minutes back and not expecting any trouble.

In the first game combat works wonderfully. All weapons are useful up until the end and you can mix and match to please your tastes. This is once again thanks to level design, which gives you varied challenges and offers you "suggested" weapons at good points along the level. You can grind with just the assault rifle if you want to, but you lose out. In the sequel, you grind out with assault rifle from start to finish. The tedium is only broken by even better weapons which make all others irrelevant as long as you have ammo. Too often there is only one "correct" solution to the fight developers had in mind. By the end the game is a horrible grind and you're almost relieved when you reach the final battle, if only because you finally get to use all the cool stuff you didn't need throughout the game.

I'm not much for plots in games and was pleasantly surprised when F.E.A.R. allowed me to skip cutscenes. By the end I found out I was actually interested in what was happening, who the people were and why the whole place went to hell. This never happened in EP. I'm not sure why, but I believe it happened because I was captivated by the original and bored by the expansion. The plot was interesting because the game was good, not the other way around. Imagine that.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

As I mentioned before, Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate are non-canon games that Vivendi rushed out the door before Warner Bros. scooped up the license. They're also developed by TimeGate studios, who were involved with the 2013 masterpiece Colonial Marines.

I just wouldn't play them at all because the other FEAR games ignore them completely.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah and EP killed off all of the side characters in your squad that survived the original FEAR which was really stupid. The only thing good about the expansions are some of the weapons they added like the laser cannon but since there was no multiplayer component at all it was pretty shallow.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Still a lot better than Fear 2 though :v:

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Nulled: Dungeons Defenders. This is the grindiest game I've played. Me and a friend have absolutely zero chance of beating the second level of the game. Yeah, I'm not going to grind levels in a tower defense game; good riddance, Orcs Must Die you are not. Thankfully it was free with Super Hexagon. Speaking of that...

Now playing: Super Hexagon. This makes my head spin.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Beat - The Cave: I played through the game 5 times in order to see all the endings and get all (but one) achievements. The first 2 times were great, the 3rd time was okay, the 4th and 5th times were a definite slog. I can understand where the negativity towards this game comes from. The novelty wears away quickly, and there isn't enough variety in gameplay for the multiple characters. I still enjoyed the game and would recommend picking it up when it's on sale, but the $15 price point is a tad too high for what it provides.

I'm not playing through this game another time to get that last achievement. No-death runs are pointless.

Sporkles
Mar 15, 2010
Whole lotta game finishing up for me:

Beaten: Unmechanical - slightly under 2 hours. Got both endings. It was pretty clever, though I was never stumped, and a couple of the puzzles were uninspired (like Simon puzzles). It was decent for something I got on the cheap in one of many indie bundles.

Beaten: Gateways - ~3.5 hours. Now this made my brain hurt, particularly once the time gun came into play. I had a tough time wrapping my brain around it. I had to use the in-game hint system for a handful of the puzzles and I'm not even ashamed of it, since most of the time the solution was baffling. Once you could use all the guns together my brain basically went into overload. In a good way, though, I suppose, since I enjoyed myself.

Completed: Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - 1.8 hours. With the true ending. This game was fun, cute and relatively easy. I liked it, though I was kind of over it by the last world.

Beaten: Blackwell Deception - ~3 hours. I enjoy this series, the plot is fairly interesting and the mechanics work generally well. I got stumped a couple times but mostly through my own ignorance of game mechanics (forgot you could combine notes/right click to examine things). Didn't really dig the vaguely cliffhanger-y ending, though, but I never like those.

Beaten: Deadlight - ~3.5 hours. I had rather low expectations for this, so finding it clunky but sort of competent was somewhat of a pleasant surprise. I would've preferred more climbing, jumping, and evading, and less shooting and zombies (sorry, shadows), but it wasn't too bad. Though I don't feel like going back for collectables, and no way in hell am I attempting Nightmare Mode.

Completed (100%): Closure - ~8 hours, though I'm not sure if that's accurate since I had some issues with it not terminating properly. Once I got past some minor technical problems, it was great. I very vaguely remember playing the original version of this on Kongregate, and wow, has it come a long way. I managed to get through the entire game without needing hints (I looked up a couple of moth locations, but stopped needing to once I realized you could hear them) and found it to be just about the right amount of challenge. I zipped through the little girl's levels and struggled a bit on the woman's and the end gauntlet, but I was never stuck for an unbearably long time. The only bit of frustration I had came when I knew the exact solution but kept making dumb mistakes in the execution (last level, I'm looking at you). And the box physics were a bit wonky. But otherwise this far, far exceeded my expectations.

I actually think I got every one of these games in an indie bundle, now that I think about it. Except Gateways, which I bought for a buck sixty-seven.

Next up I'm not too sure, I installed Dishonored so I'll probably get to that soon, but I may try to knock out a few more of these relatively quick games first.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Beaten Modern Warfare 2, on Hardened, in about 7 1/2 hours. I liked it better than the first Modern Warfare, but only because this thread told me what to expect from the series - kind of sad that even the paths you need to take in an 30-foot-radius area tend to be scripted and forced on you. Ludicrous story as usual, but certain scenes/set pieces were interesting and I thought there was enough variety to make the game fun.

I wonder if the Spec Ops campaign is worth playing - thoughts?

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Quick DEAD ISLAND (PC) question, I've got a singleplayer save with about 10 hours on it. A friend just bought the game and I want to start a new co-op game with him. Can I have both single- and multi- saves at once, or will the multi save overwrite my singleplayer save? Does the character I choose affect this?

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Haven't seen this posted yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

AoE II. In mother loving HD.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Hatter106 posted:

Quick DEAD ISLAND (PC) question, I've got a singleplayer save with about 10 hours on it. A friend just bought the game and I want to start a new co-op game with him. Can I have both single- and multi- saves at once, or will the multi save overwrite my singleplayer save? Does the character I choose affect this?

I think each character has his or her own progression but I'm not 100% sure.

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I wonder if the Spec Ops campaign is worth playing - thoughts?

The Spec Ops modes in CoD games are fantastic but they're meant for co-op only. If you've got a buddy they're a loving blast.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat

Yodzilla posted:

The Spec Ops modes in CoD games are fantastic but they're meant for co-op only. If you've got a buddy they're a loving blast.

I need buddies, add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/DoctorOfLaws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I don't have any Modern Warfare games on the PC but maybe someone else will give you a hand. :goleft: