Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Drum posted:

As soon as I started Blingee-ing this, my computer slowed down in protest.

This is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Getting second hand embarrassment from that.

And cinnamon is an awful name for a dog it doesn't roll off the tongue at all. :I

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
But then her nickname could be Cinna like Cinna from the Hunger Games!!!!

....I cannot even imagine how many of those women were thinking exactly that.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

notsowelp posted:

Does she realise that, like, you've had this dog two days and haven't 100% determined whether she'll fit into your household yet? Like is this some crazy passive aggressive doglady thing to try and guilt you into FOREVER HOMING your foster dog? :psyduck:

EHHHhhhh, I doubt it, she is just this really old, really german lady and she just posts like a grandma. She's too old and grannies to be catty. I think. :v:

notsowelp posted:

Check your wall.

UGH

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

What did notsowelp post? :allears:

edit: vvv :owned:

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 4, 2013

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

What did notsowelp post? :allears:

notsowelp likes this.
notsowelp this is a beautiful poem :love: very moving
about an hour ago · Like

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof
All this rescue lady talk reminds me of one local rescue here with a dog that doesn't like kids. They put under the description "We will not rehome this dog to people of child-bearing age." What the hell? Is that usual?

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

Renzuko posted:

Why? we owned star for a good 14 years and he wasn't a horrible poo poo.

Not at all a personality thing, every Golden I've had come in has been a really lovely dog and super easy to handle. I'm just over-reacting and basing my decision entirely on the ridiculous floof those dogs get, I've had a few elderly Goldens come in that were just floof machines that took forever to dry and comb out nicely. I'm the kind of wimp who doesn't want to handle that kind of coat at home.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

ClearlyDeluded posted:

All this rescue lady talk reminds me of one local rescue here with a dog that doesn't like kids. They put under the description "We will not rehome this dog to people of child-bearing age." What the hell? Is that usual?

Rescue people are often batshit crazy. Some won't adopt any dog to anyone who doesn't have a full fenced-in yard with a 6" fence. Others won't adopt to couples who aren't married (because they might split up you see and then what would happen to Precious?).

Rescues like these are often the kind that don't actually adopt out many animals and drive people into pet stores with their bullshit.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Superconsndar posted:

notsowelp likes this.
notsowelp this is a beautiful poem :love: very moving
about an hour ago · Like

Haha, wonderful. :buddy:

catamar
May 23, 2008

Serella posted:

Rescue people are often batshit crazy. Some won't adopt any dog to anyone who doesn't have a full fenced-in yard with a 6" fence. Others won't adopt to couples who aren't married (because they might split up you see and then what would happen to Precious?).

Yeah, as unmarried renters of child-bearing age in Boston without a yard we had some trouble finding a dog locally. We got Gansett from a blind dog rescue that ships adopted dogs to New England from the south. I think generally the rescues that transport dogs north are more interested in finding a good home than in finding ~~The Dog's FURever Family.~~

They hardly asked us any questions - they said they'd turned down 2 other homes for him before we applied, but they both sounded like bad fits. One had a live-in grandmother with dementia who frequently walked out of the house and left the door open and the other was a blind couple who were looking for a blind companion for their seeing eye dogs?

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.

Greycious posted:

Haha, wonderful. :buddy:

I got a *like* from the rescue lady :buddy:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Serella posted:

Rescues like these are often the kind that don't actually adopt out many animals and drive people into pet stores with their bullshit.

Some neighbors in Metro DC were straight up told by a rescue that they lived in a too poor area to be considered for adoption. Not that they themselves didn't make enough money (He was an energy conglomerate manager and she was a lawyer), but that their house wasn't in a desirable enough area and if they moved to McLean they would be reconsidered.

They got the best Rottie mix ever from a nearby shelter instead.

As for the wall post... Super you have been marked as one of them. From now on all other rescue ladies will know.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

catamar posted:

Yeah, as unmarried renters of child-bearing age in Boston without a yard we had some trouble finding a dog locally. We got Gansett from a blind dog rescue that ships adopted dogs to New England from the south. I think generally the rescues that transport dogs north are more interested in finding a good home than in finding ~~The Dog's FURever Family.~~

They hardly asked us any questions - they said they'd turned down 2 other homes for him before we applied, but they both sounded like bad fits. One had a live-in grandmother with dementia who frequently walked out of the house and left the door open and the other was a blind couple who were looking for a blind companion for their seeing eye dogs?

I don't understand the crazy dog-lady poo poo that keeps these rescue groups from adopting out their pets. I understand they're afraid that the dogs are going to be immediately dumped back into the system by irresponsible owners, but aren't the irresponsible owners buying dogs from BYBs on craigslist and going to the pet store and poo poo? Isn't getting a rescue dog inherently something that shows responsibility in the first place?

There's seven or eight rescue groups in the greater tulsa area that require things that are, frankly, going overboard at best and an invasion of privacy at worst. While I understand you want to know that I'm not going to have to get rid of the dog because of my lease, or you want to make sure I have a job to pay for the dog, I'm not loving giving you a copy of my lease and my last three check stubs. I want a pet, not a mortgage. Then you go on their website and they've got dogs that've been in their 'foster homes' for 2+ years, and then the question is "Why are you even adopting it out, since it basically already lives with you?"

quote:

As for the wall post... Super you have been marked as one of them. From now on all other rescue ladies will know

Just think, you'll be in the grocery store, shopping, minding your own business, and all of a sudden a 40-something wearing a PIT ANGELZ shirt will approach you and demand you see pictures of her "Furkids". Once the smell is on you, it never wears off.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 4, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Someone here wants to be able to contact your employer if you will not give them their scheduled updates. :allears:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

A loooooooooooooot of rescues here won't adopt to you if you're renting period, evn with like, written permission from a landlord. A lot of them also have "insert-arbitrary age/relationship status/parental status/income level here" conditions.

Animal control didn't give a crap about anything other than getting it in writing that I couldn't sue them when Griff murdered me. To their credit, they at least went over all of the pages upon pages of paperwork from the several behaviorists who volunteered to evaluate her, but that was definitely more of a "cover our rear end" thing than a "make sure you can handle this dog" thing.

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 4, 2013

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010
Oh boy, I never thought I'd post here in Pet Island, but I just found some pictures of my dog that I thought I'd lost forever when my old hard drive crapped out a few years ago. So I thought I'd share her story and a couple of pictures with people who might be interested.

A few things about Spike. I got her when she was just a few weeks old and was lying in a pool of her own filth along with a bunch of other dogs. She was a mutt and a mix of breeds that shouldn't really have mated because her body was too big for her skinny legs, so she constantly had arthritis her whole life.

I was 4 or 5 when I picked her out. My mom took me and my brother to a rescue shelter and we each got to pick whatever dog we wanted. I of course found the most utterly depressing and deathly looking dog there, but I thought she was awesome. I took her home and named her Spike (because I thought it was an awesome name for a dog, and because we didn't know she was a female dog originally). The shelter told us she was a boy, not that it mattered to me either way; I just wanted a dog and I got one. We found out a couple years later that shelter got shut down cause it was such a poo poo hole and violated a lot of health codes or humane animal laws or whatever. I don't remember the gist of it, but I'm glad I got Spike out of it.

I don't want to turn this into an e/n post so I'll simply say that Spike was my best friend growing up. She slept on my bed with me, I snuck her human food which she loving devoured and never got sick from, somehow, and she was always around me constantly. She also had her own companion, which was my brothers dog, Sherman.

We both got them as pups on the same day, and they grew up together. Sherman was the polar opposite of Spike. He loved to play and chew up toys and socks - essentially he was a real dog. Spike, however, hated any kind of dog toy. I don't think I ever got her to play with one her entire life. The only time she was even interested was when you put food on the inside of those weird tube chew toy things. She just wasn't interested unless it was food or sleeping or being rubbed and petted. (As a kid one of my favorite comics was Garfield, so that's basically the personality I assumed she had. Spike was a cat trapped in a dog body.)

When I became a bit older, around 11 or 12, my brother who was in his mid-teens decided to move out and move in with my father (we were both living with our mother), and he took his dog with him. It was supposed to be his dog, but I honestly never felt he really cared for Sherman, and I bawled and cried my head off begging him to leave his dog with me and Spike, but in the end he took Sherman with him and it broke my heart see Spike and Sherman separated. She never got to see him again from that point on, and I knew she missed him. Now she was all alone, aside from me and my mom who gave her loads of attention. But I knew she was still lonely, she just wasn't the same.

As she got older she stopped being able to jump up on my bed, but I solved that by lifting her up each night, and I had created a little makeshift stairwell for her with a really low recliner I had in my room that allowed her to walk up on the cushion and then the armrest and then my mattress like that. Eventually I learned that Sherman had died because he was insanely obese and in poor health. My brother moved out after a few years and left him with my father, who fed him loving everything unhealthy. Sherman was just a Scottish Terrier, but in the end I think he weighed upwards of about 40+lbs when he died. Spike, on the other hand, was still alive and well, aside from her arthritis and some skin infections she got on her legs every now and then.

More years pass and now its late December. Spike hasn't been doing well for days and hasn't been eating much. She was lying at my feet all day but she wouldn't get up anymore or eat anything I try and give her. Suddenly she looked really old to me, and it finally dawned on me that I might lose her. At this point, she'd been with me my entire life. She'd been alive for more than 18 years. I went to pick her up and noticed that she'd been a bit incontinent so I took her to the bathroom and gave her a quick wash in the tub with some warm water clean her up and try and make her comfy. I put some towels down on my bed and laid her down there and sat there with her in her final moments. She died about an hour later. I stayed with her for a bit more, but eventually I wrapped her up in the towels and went and dug a grave for her in the yard. She's still buried there.

This was about 5 years ago. I still miss her a lot and I haven't had another pet since. Sometimes when I'm asleep I'll get my legs tangled up in my blankets so it feels like there's something pushing against them and I'll think it's Spike laying there, but then I wake up and remember.

These are the pictures I just found. I am really glad I found them, I thought I'd lost them forever and I really like them. Spike decided to take a nap in the gaping maw of a big porcelain hippo.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
My experience with rescuing a dog was freaking awesome. I had the home visit, which went very well, though I did have to fix some loose boards in the fence (understandable). After the foster brought Fionna to me, she handed me her papers, chatted a little, and left. Best part - we agreed prior that I could make the adoption fee in installments, but when the time came to make my first payment, she never responded to my email. We still keep in contact on Facebook, so she definitely could have contacted me if she hadn't got the email and was still waiting on payment...she basically implied that she doubted the owner of the rescue would notice if I paid or not, so I didn't have to pay the adoption fee at all. It was awesome. :3:
Also, I recently became aware that my cousin owns a really kickass dog:

His name is Drago, and he's a husky/GSD, mix as far as they know. I told them he could play a wolf in the movies. :colbert:

Azrael Alexander fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 4, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Can someone just tell me what the gently caress good are pugs? Especially completely untrained and lacking any form of manners ones? :negative:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hampooj posted:

Oh boy, I never thought I'd post here in Pet Island, but I just found some pictures of my dog that I thought I'd lost forever when my old hard drive crapped out a few years ago. So I thought I'd share her story and a couple of pictures with people who might be interested.

-snip-

These are the pictures I just found. I am really glad I found them, I thought I'd lost them forever and I really like them. Spike decided to take a nap in the gaping maw of a big porcelain hippo.

This is beautiful, dude. I'm sorry you lost her. The tragedy of owning the best pet in the world (and she clearly was for you) is that they don't live as long as we do. On the other hand, it sounds like Spike had everything any dog could've ever wanted. Her dimensions are a little :psyduck: but she had a really pretty face.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

catamar posted:

Yeah, as unmarried renters of child-bearing age in Boston without a yard we had some trouble finding a dog locally.

We had a shelter REFUSE to let us even play with a dog because they wouldn't adopt to RENTERS. Uhg! What a bunch of elitist assholes (Northeast Animal Shelter in Salem, btw).

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Superconsndar posted:

EHHHhhhh, I doubt it, she is just this really old, really german lady and she just posts like a grandma. She's too old and grannies to be catty. I think. :v:

I don't know what your grandmas are like but both of mine are catty as all gently caress. What's worse is my paternal grandmother has multiple languages to be catty in.

I feel like middle aged ladies who are into dogs only have one of two choices: crazy showdog lady or crazy rescue lady. The amount of crazy is pretty much the same just differently directed.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Abbeh posted:

We had a shelter REFUSE to let us even play with a dog because they wouldn't adopt to RENTERS. Uhg! What a bunch of elitist assholes (Northeast Animal Shelter in Salem, btw).

I've heard so many nutty stories out of that place in particular, it's run by insane people. Personally I was always just shoving adoption papers at everybody who walked in the door, especially with the city shelter, where Operation Get Rid Of All These drat Dogs was always in full swing.

Bad Munki posted:

Can someone just tell me what the gently caress good are pugs? Especially completely untrained and lacking any form of manners ones? :negative:

Can't tell you about that kind but pugs were bred for nothing and thus can do anything. I just came home from a pizza place that heavily advertises their pug space travel program.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
We got Max from the humane society, as soon as we started looking at him they were giving us adoption paperwork and didn't even ask where we lived/our income/marital status :shrug: I think they were just happy Max was getting attention because he was competing with puppies and generic family dogs like lab mixes and no one was even giving him a second glance. Love my Maxdawg :3:

If we had gone to a rescue we'd be turned down because *gasp* we don't have a yard and *gasp* I have a full time job so the precious furbaby would be alone all day and *gasp* we're renters.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

I had a rescue start the interview process, seem okay with the whole college student thing and then suddenly went "JK! Not adopting to you" when setting up a home visit and it made me angry. But then I got Dex from a local shelter and all they did was call my parents and make sure they were okay with it and have me answer basic questions. 24 hour waiting period as they did all that and then I got my dog :D

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

That's a :3: story. She looked like quite the sweetie.

On the adopting topic, I adopted my Ned from the city shelter and they were pretty lax, more so than I was expecting/use to. I volunteer with a group that takes care of cats, and we don't do same day adoptions, so to walk in there and after visiting with him for about 15 minutes and talking with the person helping us they were pretty much like "Welp, you want him?" it was sort of strange.

I had to go home and think about it/bring in one of my chihuahuas the next day to make sure he was good with super tiny dogs. And they gave me so much free stuff for adopting him it more than covered the adoption fee. I'd go back there to adopt in a heart beat.

UltraGrey fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 4, 2013

catamar
May 23, 2008

demozthenes posted:

I've heard so many nutty stories out of that place in particular, it's run by insane people. Personally I was always just shoving adoption papers at everybody who walked in the door, especially with the city shelter, where Operation Get Rid Of All These drat Dogs was always in full swing.

I've heard crazy things about them too! One of my friends adopted a dog from them and I have no idea how they managed it, since they're also unmarried renters without a fence. Another friend told me that she was halfway through the adoption paperwork when the shelter demanded a copy of her mortgage documents to prove that she owned a home.

E: The friends who adopted a dog from Northeast Animal Shelter had to sign something saying that they wouldn't leave Chipper unattended for more than 6 hours at a time.

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
The rescue cat ladies aren't much better than the crazy dog rescue ladies. One rescue made me go through a 45 min long phone interview that included questions from how much money I would be willing to pay for vet expenses to what I would do if I started dating someone who disliked cats. And then they asked what I would do if I had a child and the child developed allergies to the cat. :psyduck:

I ended up adopting from the local animal control shelter, where I just had to wait a few days because she was still in her stray hold period; otherwise I could have just walked out the same day with my cat. I did bring my lease with a pet agreement but they didn't even look at it.

Meanwhile sometimes I check the pet section of Craigslist and there are still cats listed for adoption that were available when I was pet-searching nearly two years ago. At that point haven't those rescuers basically adopted their "foster" cats?

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

Mirthless posted:

Just think, you'll be in the grocery store, shopping, minding your own business, and all of a sudden a 40-something wearing a PIT ANGELZ shirt will approach you and demand you see pictures of her "Furkids". Once the smell is on you, it never wears off.

Would Nature's Miracle work?

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Speaking of insane rescue people: on Facebook today I saw a post by Paw Justice in another city warning cat owners that some douchebag has been laying out poison-laced cat food the length of a street because they're a loving rear end in a top hat. Most of the comments were of your usual "Oh my god that's awful, I can't believe anyone could do that" variety, and then up popped your common garden insane-small-town-animal-ladies. Aside from the perennial "MY FURBABIES :byodame: THEY ARE LITERALLY MY CHILDREN, ALL OF THEM, I AM THE FURMOTHER", one person blamed foreigners because "you know that Koreans kill dogs in front of people, and if you complain they poison all your cats (this is a true story it happened to a friend of a friend)", with further corroborating evidence from another poster with "China skins cats you know."

Then there was another person going...off on a...big spiel of text....like this.... about how cats are terrible and how anyone who helps strays is a murderer of birds (meh, probably true), and then in a further post asking for advice on how to discourage stray cats from coming to her house "Anyone know how to get rid of them?? I have three that keep showing up so I feed them every night but they keep coming back??????? So confused???? I don't want them in my garden or by my house, how do I make them go away???"

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Fat Dio posted:

Not at all a personality thing, every Golden I've had come in has been a really lovely dog and super easy to handle. I'm just over-reacting and basing my decision entirely on the ridiculous floof those dogs get, I've had a few elderly Goldens come in that were just floof machines that took forever to dry and comb out nicely. I'm the kind of wimp who doesn't want to handle that kind of coat at home.

Yeah I get that...star liked the vacuum, and LOVED being vacuumed, but if we didn't vacuum him when we were vacuuming the rest of the house he'd be like "oh? new clean carpet? guess it's time to scratch my back on the carpet and get it covered in me again"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Robo Kitty posted:

The rescue cat ladies aren't much better than the crazy dog rescue ladies. One rescue made me go through a 45 min long phone interview that included questions from how much money I would be willing to pay for vet expenses to what I would do if I started dating someone who disliked cats. And then they asked what I would do if I had a child and the child developed allergies to the cat. :psyduck:

I ended up adopting from the local animal control shelter, where I just had to wait a few days because she was still in her stray hold period; otherwise I could have just walked out the same day with my cat. I did bring my lease with a pet agreement but they didn't even look at it.

Meanwhile sometimes I check the pet section of Craigslist and there are still cats listed for adoption that were available when I was pet-searching nearly two years ago. At that point haven't those rescuers basically adopted their "foster" cats?

To be honest, I suspect that being a "foster home" is just how some of these ladies tell themselves that they're not "the crazy cat lady". Considering how many cats there are and how many need homes, if they really cared about helping the cats as much as they say/think they do, they'd be adopting them out to anyone who showed the basic level of interest required to say "I think I want to rescue a cat rather than buy it from a pet store or BYB"

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
My rescue seemed so offended when I needed one of my fosters out on a schedule. That schedule was five weeks longer than the obligation they asked me for (four days). They really do expect you to just sorta keep them. Especially since some of these rescues just sort of don't make any effort at all to adopt out an animal if the foster isn't pushy because they're too scatterbrained to be organized and thorough. They just sort of work on what just walked in the door.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

My friend is fostering a cat that had been in her previous foster home for six years. No idea why they suddenly decided she needed to go to a new foster home, but it all sounded very weird. The rescue got her when she was still a kitten, too.

My friend will probably end up keeping her, since no adopters have shown an interest. She doesn't get along well with the other cats in the house, but she seems happy to be kept in a spare bedroom and just visited from time to time.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Tamarillo posted:

Speaking of insane rescue people: on Facebook today I saw a post by Paw Justice in another city warning cat owners

Not quite rescue cat ladies, but dog ladies in general are terrible about putting up warnings for ~concerned furmoms~. The most recent one is that in my area, gangs are apparently going round putting coloured stickers on people's fences or houses, using colour to say the size of dog and number of stickers to say how many there is. These dogs are then going to be stolen and used by dog fighters as ~bait dogs~

I can just imagine some hard dog fighters going round with sheets of stickers, putting them up everywhere :allears:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

InEscape posted:

My rescue seemed so offended when I needed one of my fosters out on a schedule. That schedule was five weeks longer than the obligation they asked me for (four days). They really do expect you to just sorta keep them. Especially since some of these rescues just sort of don't make any effort at all to adopt out an animal if the foster isn't pushy because they're too scatterbrained to be organized and thorough. They just sort of work on what just walked in the door.

The rescue that intitally placed the dumb cat I'm apparently stuck with, who foisted him back off on me to ~foster~ after he was returned to them, was nearly impossible to get in touch with for like weeks and then when I finally did and told them I can't keep this cat, they were really offended at my lack of cat dedication and informed me that THEY would call ME when they had an adopter for him, thank you very much. A far as I can tell they haven't listen him like anywhere or made any effort to place him.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

actionjackson posted:

Abby (in the middle) is the one getting the pig ear, if it wasn't obvious

GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND GREYHOUND :neckbeard:

Oh god I love greyhounds and also whippets and also one day I will have an iggy if I find one that's chill enough. NO WAIT a whippet.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:cripes: Kaydee is hopping everywhere because I'm (95% certain) she broke another toe nail.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:cripes: Kaydee is hopping everywhere because I'm (95% certain) she broke another toe nail.

Do they make Softpaws for dogs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Last week Lola quicked herself on both of her front paws. It would have been impressive if, yanno, she hadn't been bleeding everywhere.

• Locked thread