Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
How do you move the pins? The pin attached to my name is in the wrong city by about 350km.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

squidflakes posted:

How do you move the pins? The pin attached to my name is in the wrong city by about 350km.

Everything is bigger in Texas, even the mapping errors.

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you
You log into your google account, then there should be a red button on the left of the map saying "Edit". Click it and drag your name and the red line around to where you actually are. Then click "Save".

Frost fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 21, 2013

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I like the map, thanks for setting that up.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Regarding the "digital camera around the world". I found out that I have a 2.1 mpix Olympus Camedia C-2000 lying around that I don't use. Would that be of interest?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
So hey, its Rodeo Trail Riders weekend here in Houston. I'm hoping to get some shots of the Trail Riders on their horses on the streets in Downtown to prove once and for all that yes, we do ride horses on the streets of downtown Houston.

Would it be cheating if I brought my own pudding cups and asked the gay cowboys to eat them?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

squidflakes posted:

So hey, its Rodeo Trail Riders weekend here in Houston. I'm hoping to get some shots of the Trail Riders on their horses on the streets in Downtown to prove once and for all that yes, we do ride horses on the streets of downtown Houston.

Would it be cheating if I brought my own pudding cups and asked the gay cowboys to eat them?

Houston is just like south dakota. Just with more birds and protests.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥

squidflakes posted:

If you can get them to do it, then I consider it fair game.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

azathosk posted:

Regarding the "digital camera around the world". I found out that I have a 2.1 mpix Olympus Camedia C-2000 lying around that I don't use. Would that be of interest?

Assuming I receive the camera from the other dude, we have it covered, but I mean feel quite free to send garbage cameras to random idiots, that's sort of why this thread exists.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I also I have an F-65 that was a package deal with a lens I bought. You could throw it in a river and take pictures of it floating away for all I care.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Well that kind of sucked. I love you guys, but I wasn't willing to shell out $50 just to stand around in a parking lot for a chance to win a ticket to proceed further in to the roiling mass of testosterone, boots, and charred meat called the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo BBQ cook-off. I did get some shots from outside the fence, so we'll see how they turn out.

Up next on the agenda, finishing off this roll with some shots of downtown, the tunnel system, our pitiful excuse for light rail and cows. So many cows.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I'm told I received a camera at my house today from NJ, so wooooo for lovely photos on a lovely camera!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm told I received a camera at my house today from NJ, so wooooo for lovely photos on a lovely camera!

So business as usual?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-samurai posted:

So business as usual?

:drat:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I just realized that the lock for the camera around the world box is uh... sitting here on my desk still.

e. so uh, yeah, whenever it gets mailed to hte next guy give me your address and I'll mail the lock to you so it catches back up.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 2, 2013

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I still haven't seen photos from a bunch of people who have fondled this camera. :crossarms:

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
How many more confirmed shooters are there before it moves to another continent?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Alright, all done. Cow pictures, as promised, but the gay cowboys and oil wells will have to wait.

On a sad note, the search for cows took me past some old family land and I found out my great aunt passed away.

On a good note, I didn't just get any scrub cows, I found some authentic Texas longhorns, and nothing says Texas like a breed of cattle with Texas in the name.

Who's next?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

squidflakes posted:

Who's next?

If you pick me, I'm shipping it out of North America!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Please send it to Pseudonordic.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

lovely digital p&s update: going downtown today to buy an xD card (I will feel much shame doing this) it's unusually sunny today so I may even take some pics. I'll ship it back out when I get paid on Friday, if you want it, tell me where you are and somehow convince me you should get it.

Note: it'd be good if you owned a card reader that can take xD, the USB on the camera is some weird moon poo poo. If I can find a spare card reader I'll throw it in, but no guarantees.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

SoundMonkey posted:

lovely digital p&s update: going downtown today to buy an xD card (I will feel much shame doing this) it's unusually sunny today so I may even take some pics. I'll ship it back out when I get paid on Friday, if you want it, tell me where you are and somehow convince me you should get it.

Note: it'd be good if you owned a card reader that can take xD, the USB on the camera is some weird moon poo poo. If I can find a spare card reader I'll throw it in, but no guarantees.

I want it at some point. I'll take it hiking/camping this summer - mount it on my hiking pole. :dong:

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

I may actually have one of those Fuji moon USB cables laying around, I know it has turned up a few times when looking for a normal cable. I'll send it wherever, assuming I haven't thrown it away in disgust.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

FasterThanLight posted:

I may actually have one of those Fuji moon USB cables laying around, I know it has turned up a few times when looking for a normal cable. I'll send it wherever, assuming I haven't thrown it away in disgust.

It's Olympus. Don't bother, I'm pretty sure I know where I have a spare halfassed USB 1.1 card reader that I never want to see again.

Whitezombi posted:

I want it at some point. I'll take it hiking/camping this summer - mount it on my hiking pole. :dong:

Well at least you're a relatively active poster, you want it next? Reply only in haiku form, and impress me.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

It's Olympus.

It's Fuji. I wish I could have sent something else with it besides fresh batteries, but all I had laying around was the camera.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

FACKER posted:

It's Fuji. I wish I could have sent something else with it besides fresh batteries, but all I had laying around was the camera.

Oh poo poo, is it? I didn't even bother to look. Well Mr. Whoever Has That Dumb Cable, have a look for it I guess, in the meantime I'll buy the smallest xD card I can find because I'm pretty sure this thing would poo poo the bed with anything over half a gig.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

SoundMonkey posted:

It's Olympus. Don't bother, I'm pretty sure I know where I have a spare halfassed USB 1.1 card reader that I never want to see again.

Well at least you're a relatively active poster, you want it next? Reply only in haiku form, and impress me.

on my pole. for you,
lovely pics with lovely dit.
send the goddamn thing.

I'd seriously rather have it this summer but whatever works.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
Dorkroom is the worst
Just kidding I love you guys
lovely point and shoot?

#2 haiku for #2 receipt of camera?

e:
Goon exchanges fail,
fact as old as time itself.
Always blame the mail.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress all of you
send me the camera
this isn't a haiku

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
You can always end
any haiku with the word
refrigerator.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Haiku? What's next anime robots with big titties?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

corn dogs for coon dogs
i will put mustard on both
woot is a poser

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Whitezombi posted:

corn dogs for coon dogs
i will put mustard on both
woot is a poser

I will pay serious money for a photograph of Whitezombi putting mustard on woot fatique while a raccoon eats a corndog in the background.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-samurai posted:

I will pay serious money for a photograph of Whitezombi putting mustard on woot fatique while a raccoon eats a corndog in the background.

I'll start the kickstarter, someone start making the concept art.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

8th-samurai posted:

I'll make a matching donation.

sent my camera
sadly, New York falls apart
lovely digicam

go around the world
more like around U S A
xenophobic yanks

"I will shoot pictures!"
Sad camera languishes
I see no photos

pseudonordic will
send it from America
to anyplace far

give it to the fake
nordic-man will toss it far
get it moving please

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

pseudonordic posted:

You can always end
any haiku with the word
refrigerator.

Ok that haiku wins, e-mail your address to soundmonkey@somethingawful.com. Also I found my terrible card reader that takes xD cards, so don't worry about that cable. Just nobody steal the card reader you jerks (not that you'd want to).

On this hunt, I discovered that I still have a card reader that can read SmartMedia in TYOOLASJC 2013.

EDIT: This is for the terrible digicam, which can probably stay in North America for right now so pseudonordic doesn't have to pay absurd shipping twice.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

8th-samurai posted:

Mr. Despair posted:

I'll start the kickstarter, someone start making the concept art.

ExecuDork posted:

I'll make a matching donation.

woot get your rear end in here! We have a paying collaboration gig! You guys fly my rear end to woot and it's on!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

Ok that haiku wins, e-mail your address to soundmonkey@somethingawful.com. Also I found my terrible card reader that takes xD cards, so don't worry about that cable. Just nobody steal the card reader you jerks (not that you'd want to).

On this hunt, I discovered that I still have a card reader that can read SmartMedia in TYOOLASJC 2013.

EDIT: This is for the terrible digicam, which can probably stay in North America for right now so pseudonordic doesn't have to pay absurd shipping twice.

E-mail sent!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Send an email or PM to Squidflakes, too - you're up for both cameras (oh the possibilities!)

EDIT: Whitezombi, where are you? Woot Fatigue is in / near Chicago, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

ExecuDork posted:

EDIT: Whitezombi, where are you? Woot Fatigue is in / near Chicago, isn't he?

I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Not sure where he is.

• Locked thread