Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

lenoon posted:

edit: Someone PRODUCE THE CHART

The "Is it a Krogan" pic still cracks me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I just realised I never did a femshep run in ME1 as a vanguard, time to go back and get the last achievements!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Burning Mustache posted:

The "Is it a Krogan" pic still cracks me up.

Now, PRODUCE THE ME3 CHART.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
I can't :negative:

I didn't even know there was one!
(Unless you were asking me to actually create one ... which I also can't :v:)

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
GIS turned up this:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
That chart is far too complicated for the ME3 vanguard.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MuLepton posted:

GIS turned up this:

Yeah, this was my attempt at doing an ME3 one, but the one below is a lot more accurate, I fear.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
The trailer for the Citadel dlc is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQRP9PNxng

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Trailer for Citadel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RNDkqohBzw

Spilling drinks!

"Normandy!" :shepface:

(Who's the guy next to Jacob in the family picture?)

Edit:never it's Cortez.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 4, 2013

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
oh my god

ITS loving DIE HARD?!

Bioware I swear to christ if you make me start caring again...

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I'd use my power for something useful. What's the point of taking reave/dark channel if you're already blowing things up? Personally, I'd perhaps take Barrier and spec it for power damage, or perhaps something to strip shields. However, unless a patch changed something since I played on launch, Adept is easy mode, even on Insanity, so you can't really go wrong.
Reave is better for blowing up groups because of its AoE stuff. On the other hand, did singleplayer singularity get reworked like multiplayer did? Because then yeah, get something better than reave, you're covered with singularity/throw spam.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
That photo scene was so cheesy, yet adorable. :3:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

That looks pretty cool, I'm going to have to get off my arse and play ME3 again after it ate my saves.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Can anyone say shameless fan service?

Honestly do not care, I am that fan. I love it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lenoon posted:

:frogout:

Vanguarding around the place being a total badass unkillable death machine will never get old. I always like people saying "ooooo don't charge banshees they might grab you!"

NO YOU FOOLS charge them. If you die YOU WEREN'T CHARGING ENOUGH

edit: Someone PRODUCE THE CHART

Yes you're right and AAAHHH I agree on its effectiveness, it's just AHHRRRHHH that the voice-URRAAAAHHHHover work got AAAAAAAAAAA rather old before long, that's all I'm saying.

Especially as female Shepard, good lord woman settle down

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 4, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Yes you're right and AAAHHH I agree on its effectiveness, it's just AHHRRRHHH that the voice-URRAAAAHHHHover work got AAAAAAAAAAA rather old before long, that's all I'm saying.

Especially as female Shepard, good lord woman settle down

But it sounds like Shepard is just having so much fun!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Actually, should I wait for that DLC to release tomorrow or is that sort of an endgame thing? Never read anything about it.

Also I've literally never tried Infiltrator, maybe I should give them a fair go. Maybe with a big shotgun, I like getting in people's faces with shotguns :v: but then I guess sniping is kind of their schtick?

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Ciaphas posted:

Actually, should I wait for that DLC to release tomorrow or is that sort of an endgame thing? Never read anything about it.

Nope, it's something to be done between like half-way through the game and before the end-game starts.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Also I've literally never tried Infiltrator, maybe I should give them a fair go. Maybe with a big shotgun, I like getting in people's faces with shotguns :v: but then I guess sniping is kind of their schtick?

I'm playing an ME2 infiltrator and it seems pretty potent so far. I tried it in ME3 but I can't snipe for poo poo so I guess once I get a proper shotgun it'll make a difference.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

lenoon posted:

Can anyone say shameless fan service?

Honestly do not care, I am that fan. I love it.
This sums up my thoughts. :3:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Zedd posted:

This sums up my thoughts. :3:

Yeah, normally fan service annoys me. But, I don't know, it kinda fits the series/game.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Ciaphas posted:

Infiltrator is amazing in ME2 and ME3, I haven't tried it in ME1. Cloak + headshot is ridiculously powerful. Infiltrators get slow time when they scope with a sniper rifle which makes getting headshots very easy.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, normally fan service annoys me. But, I don't know, it kinda fits the series/game.

I've never understood the use of "fan service" in this context. Catering to players' desire to see women objectified is bad. Catering to players' desire to...see content they want to see? I don't quite get what the problem is.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Looks like I'm going to have to download all of that DLC this week so it is ready to go for spring break. I've been meaning to play through all of the game as a Sentinel since falling in love with it in multiplayer, so this should be fun.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Tremors posted:

The trailer for the Citadel dlc is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQRP9PNxng

I was at best mildly looking forward to this dlc, but after that trailer... :stare:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Ciaphas posted:

Infiltrator sucks at the start of ME1, but I loved mine at the end, during the Battle of the Citadel. I could oneshot geth primes at that point.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What should I be putting my points into after the cloak as an infiltrator? Rather more choices than I first realized. Would I need to pick differently if I want to specialize in either sniping or shotgunnin?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
So I'm thinking about starting Insanity runs sometime in the near future now that my first run-through is finished. Do you all recommend infiltrator or vanguard as a good class survival? Maybe something else. I played through most of the games as an adept; I blasted shields and let teammates do the heavy lifting.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Ciaphas posted:

What should I be putting my points into after the cloak as an infiltrator? Rather more choices than I first realized. Would I need to pick differently if I want to specialize in either sniping or shotgunnin?

Definitely not shotgunnin. Take soldier or Vanguard if you want to blast some guys. The sniper rifle defines the class more than the cloak. Put your points into your class set and give yourself some more time to line up those shots baby.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vanguard on Insanity is a total loving joke. I think I died like... once?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well the mining facility in the Leviathan DLC is creepy as hell. Reminds me strongly of the vibe from the Reaper corpse mission in ME2.

"A dead God can still dream :stare:"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mastajake posted:

Definitely not shotgunnin. Take soldier or Vanguard if you want to blast some guys. The sniper rifle defines the class more than the cloak. Put your points into your class set and give yourself some more time to line up those shots baby.

That's absolutely true, and you should definitely focus on sniper rifles for your first run through to see how the class is "supposed to be" played, but it's still pretty fun to break the mold a little and focus on using stealth to maneuver around the battlefield with shotguns and heavy melee instead.

But yeah, it's still probably best to focus on the class skill to max out your free time dilation while sniping bonus (it recharges instantly every time you look away from the scope and look back, it's pretty broken by the end), that's pretty much the infiltrator's strongest ability. Especially with a quick-shooting rifle like the raptor or incisor or something, the headshots get kind of ridiculous.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

If you like shooting all the mans as opposed to using powers, infil is a lot of fun. In 1 you don't get the cloak, but once you level up your skill tree you have no weapon sway and can literally shoot people from across a map. This makes leveling up stupid easy, since you get more xp for killing things on foot. So find Generic Pirate/Merc Base #82 and kill everything before they even see you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I actually changed my mind (again) and chose Soldier instead. Between Adrenaline Rush and picking the right weapon for the job I'm having more fun with it than I thought I was going to. And I can still splortch heads Infiltrator style if I want to :dance:

Only problem is for the first time I'm running headlong into the whole weight/cooldown thing. Is it worth beelining for the class skill evolution that increases weight capacity, or should I stick with the ammo power damage? Carrying an AR, sniper rifle, and shotgun is great but between that and keeping defensive matrix running, adrenaline rush taking 10+ seconds to recharge is butts.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 5, 2013

Craig Spradlin
Apr 6, 2009

Right in the babymaker.

Ciaphas posted:

Only problem is for the first time I'm running headlong into the whole weight/cooldown thing. Is it worth beelining for the class skill evolution that increases weight capacity, or should I stick with the ammo power damage? Carrying an AR, sniper rifle, and shotgun is great but between that and keeping defensive matrix running, adrenaline rush taking 10+ seconds to recharge is butts.

I play a very Soldiery Infiltrator, and in ME3, I find that using the Raptor (or the Indra, if you have that DLC) in combination with the Blood Pack Punisher SMG (or shotgun, if you don't have that DLC) does the job just fine. Ultralight materials for the SMG keep your cooldowns even shorter, you can put a fair number of shots out with good precision, and at short range you kill every loving thing in the room. Using one of the faster-firing sniper rifles also means you get a scoped rifle without the mod (and can see through smoke). Upgrade ammo capacity and you're golden.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Craig Spradlin posted:

Blood Pack Punisher SMG

I find this DLC gun to be pretty worth it for just about any class. That gun is ugly as sin in every single way, but it takes down tough enemies (brutes, atlases, banshees, etc) like nobody's business. It's great to have on hand for when you need to kill an elite enemy but just don't have the energy to be clever about it. The fact that you can slap ultralight materials on it to mitigate its weight burden is just the icing on the cake. The Cerberus Harrier is real nasty too (it's a sort of auto-mattock, if you'll forgive the pun), but the low amount of ammo it carries keeps it from being super-useful against some of the more bullet-spongy enemies.

But that's why you brought the punisher, of course!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

richardfun posted:

I was at best mildly looking forward to this dlc, but after that trailer... :stare:

I love in the picture at the end everyone is relaxed apart from SUPER SOLDIER JAMES VEGA who is pulling a salute for some reason? And that this DLC seems to be SEXIER OUTFITS FOR EVERYONE along with watching fleet and flotilla with Tali.

There are many reasons for me to hate this DLC, I think. But none are good enough.

edit: a beauty from the other thread

Cheap Vodka posted:

If the conspiracy was masterminded by all the c-list background villains that would own so hard, like the Mass Effect Legion of Doom or some poo poo. A rogue Shepard VI, Armistan Banes, Harkin, Fist, the rear end in a top hat Batarian bartender, Conrad Verner's evil twin, etc.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 5, 2013

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

oh my god

ITS loving DIE HARD?!

Bioware I swear to christ if you make me start caring again...

Yippee-ki-yay, Mass Effecter. :v:

Yeah, this looks stupid and fun and I can't wait to play it! :buddy:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Like I said in the spoiler thread, it does seem like not only this DLC is absolute fan service (which is perfectly fine with me), but also an opportunity for Bioware to tell the cast, "Here, have fun with this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Right, gently caress work I'm off home this is killing me

• Locked thread