Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

ExecuDork posted:

Send an email or PM to Squidflakes, too - you're up for both cameras (oh the possibilities!)

EDIT: Whitezombi, where are you? Woot Fatigue is in / near Chicago, isn't he?

Already PM'd squidflakes.

All you bastards are going to see from either camera are pictures of the other camera. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

lovely P&S update: I looked at four different stores today (which means 4/5 of the stores in this entire town) and nobody was selling an xD card for less than FIFTY loving DOLLARS, and gently caress that. I'm going to try to find my wife's old P&S xD card tomorrow, or failing that, ask the local buy & sell group for lovely old ones.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

lovely P&S update: I looked at four different stores today (which means 4/5 of the stores in this entire town) and nobody was selling an xD card for less than FIFTY loving DOLLARS, and gently caress that. I'm going to try to find my wife's old P&S xD card tomorrow, or failing that, ask the local buy & sell group for lovely old ones.

I can get a cheap one on Amazon and have it here with Prime.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

SoundMonkey posted:

What size do you need? I may have some somewhere.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

What size do you need? I may have some somewhere.

Literally any size, this thing is 2 megapixels. 64MB would probably be overkill.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
I'm like 90% sure I've got at least one old lovely XD card at home, but I'm on the road for the next week so I can't guarantee anything 'til then.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

SoundMonkey posted:

Literally any size, this thing is 2 megapixels. 64MB would probably be overkill.

I have no xD cards.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

I have no xD cards.

Hopefully the local Retards Selling Dumb poo poo On Facebook group comes through. There's also one more store I can check but it's a pain in the rear end to get to it so I'll probably do it later in the week (still shippin' Friday if I can find an xD card before like, Thursday).

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Huh, apparently this thread isn't paper.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

No sir.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
The camera is on it's way to South Carolina as we speak! Bye camera! Have fun in the Deep South!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

squidflakes posted:

Have fun in the Deep South!

"You shore got a purty aperture." :banjo:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Hey pm your address too so that I can throw the lock in an envelope and get it back to the box, tia.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Good news, lovely camera wanters!

Someone on the local buy & sell has a 16MB (yep) xD card that they're giving me for free, so I can pick that up tomorrow, shoot for a day or two, and get this poo poo moving.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

Good news, lovely camera wanters!

Someone on the local buy & sell has a 16MB (yep) xD card that they're giving me for free, so I can pick that up tomorrow, shoot for a day or two, and get this poo poo moving.

Hooray! :holy:

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Hey Pseudonordic, have you gotten the AE-1 yet?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Haven't seen it at work yet. Should arrive today or tomorrow.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Update: Nothing arrived today. I forgot that campus mail can be slow as poo poo. Chances are that the Pelican case is on campus but I have no idea when it'll get here.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'll check with my mailroom tomorrow and get the tracking number.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
The lock arrived today from Mr. Despair. No word on the camera yet.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Update: via possibly the shadiest deal I've ever been involved with, I have a 16MB card, and will be taking photos tonight and tomorrow for ideally shipping back out on Friday.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

SoundMonkey posted:

Update: via possibly the shadiest deal I've ever been involved with, I have a 16MB card, and will be taking photos tonight and tomorrow for ideally shipping back out on Friday.

Should've brought a strobe :v:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

BobTheCow posted:

Should've brought a strobe :v:

Also this is by far the worst camera I have ever used, up to and including a Nikon F401x with the mirror smashed clean in half, and some eBay no-LCD camera that took one frame before corrupting its memory forever.

It is worse than both of those.

Deleting one photograph is 3 menu options deep.

I mean I guess the point is that it's bad, but drat. (Still, thanks, whoever, for sending it!)

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I just realized I don't have an xD reader that I can readily lay hands on, so I picked up a $7 USB reader on Amazon and I'll send that along with the camera. :3:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

pseudonordic posted:

I just realized I don't have an xD reader that I can readily lay hands on, so I picked up a $7 USB reader on Amazon and I'll send that along with the camera. :3:

That's really cool of you, since I just discovered that my only card reader that can read xD is also a tiny USB hub and I wasn't so much wanting to part with that, so if I can just send you the camera with no reader that's OK, and you'll throw yours in?

(you're the one from SC who e-mailed me right?)

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

That's really cool of you, since I just discovered that my only card reader that can read xD is also a tiny USB hub and I wasn't so much wanting to part with that, so if I can just send you the camera with no reader that's OK, and you'll throw yours in?

(you're the one from SC who e-mailed me right?)

Yup. Just send the camera and card, I've got the reader to send along with it.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

It is worse than both of those.

Deleting one photograph is 3 menu options deep.
Just think of it as a film camera. That 16mb card probably holds less than a standard roll of film too.

But it takes great dog pics!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

SoundMonkey posted:

Also this is by far the worst camera I have ever used,

FACKER posted:

Just think of it as a film camera.
Speaking of the downsides of digital, how about some PICTURES scanned from developed FILM by some Dorkroomers who have SHOT THE AE-1?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

Speaking of the downsides of digital, how about some PICTURES scanned from developed FILM by some Dorkroomers who have SHOT THE AE-1?

Seriously just get walmart to scan it for you or something, it's not even expensive.

It is sort of amusing that we've largely overcome the logistical challenges of sending cameras and locks and card readers over half a continent, but we can't get people to post photos in a photography forum.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
:siren: A BOX HAS ARRIVED FOR ME :siren:

However, in typical campus mail fashion, it was delivered to a different building. I'll be collecting it this afternoon!

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 13, 2013

Frost
Dec 6, 2003
Don't let the Frost bite you

ExecuDork posted:

This is really sad. I consider myself the Great Procrastinator but I reckon even I could do better. Get that thing over to Europe so we can show you lazy Americans how it's done. I'm talking photos of old buildings and Germans drinking beer.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

pseudonordic posted:

However, in typical campus mail fashion, it was delivered to a different building. I'll be collecting it this afternoon!

Ah, it's very good to see the old girl again. And it's nice to see the piles of batteries, the Dorkroom spirit* lives on!

* Helpfulness and procrastination

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Once I finish my roll in my AE-1 I'll post them here if they turn out alright. It's more NY... but capital region.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

pseudonordic posted:

You did notice the film in the box, right?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

squidflakes posted:

You did notice the film in the box, right?

Sure did! I plan to shoot a roll of it and add some B&W to it.

Edit: While I'm figuring out what the hell I'm gonna shoot, can you guys be figuring out where it's gonna go? I want to mail it out on next Friday, March 22nd.

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 14, 2013

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

pseudonordic posted:

Sure did! I plan to shoot a roll of it and add some B&W to it.

Edit: While I'm figuring out what the hell I'm gonna shoot, can you guys be figuring out where it's gonna go? I want to mail it out on next Friday, March 22nd.
An excellent plan, and an excellent suggestion.

pseudonordic posted:

If you pick me, I'm shipping it out of North America!
OK, there's the geographic limit: Outside of North America.
If you are in any other part of the world, please post now why you should get the AE-1 in all its brass-and-glass glory!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
International Flat Rate Priority is about $80 USD, so make it count people! :v:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Canada always gets so screwed over.

fnif
Apr 21, 2007
xDm
Well Finland is ready to receive the camera. And I'll promise to get it moving in 1-2 weeks after receiving it. Don't know yet what's coming up but we'll see when it comes here (I have my own scanner so I actually can scan the photos and post them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Was there a list of people willing to take the camera anywhere? With locations?

I suppose I could take it around Stockholm some, but I'd rather let someone else i EU have it before me.
(Would it be okay to supplant the camera with my own FD system accessories? I have two thyristor-auto flashes. If one fits I could even add it to the box.)

• Locked thread