Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Hyperriker posted:

This is one of my favourite statistics of all time. Two batsmen have just scored insane hundreds in this very match, Clarke still scoring well as usual, but Ol' Phil Can't Even Get One Run

Well, he has managed 25 runs, just not against spin. The real reason to watch the next test will be to see if can manage the 26 runs he needs to overhaul Bell's 51 in 6 innings against Ajmal Pakistan.

Tough one. It certainly possible that he will score a position cementing double century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Cocksmith posted:

Hauritz was far and away our best spinner since Warne/MacGill.

:smith:

Can we count Brad Hogg in this somewhere too?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Phil Hughes' ball-by-ball summaries look like a Dwarf Fortress short story of him being chased by a wolf.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BlackShadow posted:

Can we count Brad Hogg in this somewhere too?

In ODIs, sure. Less said about his test career the better.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Unimpressed posted:

Phil Hughes' ball-by-ball summaries look like a Dwarf Fortress short story of him being chased by a wolf.

Looks more like a game of Pac-Man imo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i think it looks like a microcosm of australian cricket

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Time for the lads to play their natural game, take risks, attack the bowlers.

*dismissed for 220, top score 60*

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tony A. Butt posted:

*dismissed for 220, top score 60*

You wish.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
welp thats it.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Yep :(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Good to see the Aussies are letting me not waste my afternoon watching them when I get off work.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Clarke out, all out

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
This test will be all over by the lunch break.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Cowan with another start and not going on to make a big score? Shocker

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Wow. This just keeps getting better and better.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Risky single at 5/110? Makes perfect sense :shepface:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cat Terrist posted:

Clarke out, all out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97qXsSKJUY

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Maxwell over/under 15, go.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Check the score after my afternoon tea break at work, Australia suddenly 6 down. Sounds about right.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This is an emotion that I never thought I would feel towards Australian cricket. Pity.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

EMC posted:

Maxwell over/under 15, go.

Runs or balls faced?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

If Australia lose this by an innings, which they should, it will apparently be the first time ever a team has lost by an innings after declaring their first innings.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Clarke should just do everybody a favour and declare again

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
This owns because India is still a terrible team.

Owns.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Death to the selectors.

E: Doherty to score 50, stay in the team for the next several years.

Cocksmith fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 5, 2013

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Imagine how bad Australia would be if they weren't doping as well. Makes you think.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
There are literally no redeeming players in this match right?

Like, even clarke was poo poo.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Looks like they're doping on Stillnox though so it doesn't count.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

This is an emotion that I never thought I would feel towards Australian cricket. Pity.

I know what you mean. Even in build up to the last Ashes I was still afraid we would get killed. But these guys are gonna get absolutely pasted if nothing drastic changes between now and the Ashes.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

-Spiffy- posted:

There are literally no redeeming players in this match right?

Like, even clarke was poo poo.

Clarke scored 90 odd in the first innings ?

Its time to call up the best batsman in shield cricket....oh that's Ricky Ponting who just retired because he was struggling against international quality attacks.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Minus Pattinson and Clarke this has to be the worst Australian team I have ever seen in my time following cricket. If they went the total youth policy and picked guys with a heap of potential I wouldn't mind so much that they were getting spanked as long as they were working toward some future goal. Instead guys are getting picked for Australia with serious flaws in their game like Watson/Hughes/Cowan/Wade or guys who are just below international standard, i.e Maxwell/any current 'spinner'.

I hate to reflect on the golden days of Australian cricket, but 10 years ago none of these players would have come within 100 kilometres of the national side unless they were in the stand as a spectator.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Should have picked Hodge.

E: Oh thank god it's finally over

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

And it's over. Australia have amassed fewer runs in both innings that the Pujara/Vijay partnership. What a disgraceful performance. First by the selectors and then by the players. I'd be speechless, but I'm a sperglord.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

Minus Pattinson and Clarke this has to be the worst Australian team I have ever seen in my time following cricket. If they went the total youth policy and picked guys with a heap of potential I wouldn't mind so much that they were getting spanked as long as they were working toward some future goal. Instead guys are getting picked for Australia with serious flaws in their game like Watson/Hughes/Cowan/Wade or guys who are just below international standard, i.e Maxwell/any current 'spinner'.

Well often those players with flaws in their game are the ones with potential, presuming they can fix those flaws. I don't know how many 18 year olds with flawless technique are out there to choose from.

The only thing preventing Australia from hitting absolute rock-bottom at this point is Clarke and a decent pace attack.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Australia Are Bad At Cricket.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

I see India couldn't get Doherty out in two attempts :smug:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Hopefully they put Doherty in a sack full of bricks and chuck him in the Ganges.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Cave posted:

I see India couldn't get Doherty out in two attempts :smug:

Potential all rounder? The NSP probably thinks so.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder when a pissed off fan is going to dump a truck load of manure on the front steps of Cricket Australia, as what happened to an AFL club (I think it was Richmond) years ago. I have never seen a team so clueless about spin bowling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Wow, that's a belting. But really what do you do?

The following players scored more than 400 runs in Shield this season.

PJ Hughes (In and failing)
RT Ponting (Retired)
CJL Rogers (35 and had a previous shot)
AJ Doolan (dont know much about him)
MJ Cosgrove (Likely will never get picked due to weight and attitude - but right now couldn't be worse..)
CJ Ferguson (Hasn't stepped up in the last few years, seems more suited to the one dayers)
UT Khawaja (should be in the side, but again hasn't stepped up when he's had the chance)
BJ Haddin (Old, was dropped for a reason)
CD Hartley (Is ok, and maybe a improvement on Wade, but eh)

Isn't exactly anyone banging the door down to get in..

• Locked thread