Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

This new armour feels like I'm wearing nothing at all

Nothing at all!

NOTHING AT ALL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
nice booty

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Shoobis posted:

nice booty

Looks like it's in serious need of some lotion, honestly.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

That's my male castanic, showing that both genders of castanics get hilariously butt-based armour.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
Yeah castanic chicks run kinda funny with their asses in the air. I just don't like that they are so tiny, human or high elf for me tyvm.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
trying to solo a BAM with a bunch of lag is not so great haha

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I learned a secret when leveling. If you hit a lag spike and have elite buffs, pop them then, spam the hell out of 1 of them. You will get a fancy buff that lasts several hours, only works with 1 buff though.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Seemenaked posted:

I learned a secret when leveling. If you hit a lag spike and have elite buffs, pop them then, spam the hell out of 1 of them. You will get a fancy buff that lasts several hours, only works with 1 buff though.

If you go over 500 hours you stop being able to buff yourself, pick up motes, bandage, crystalbind etc etc. Do not go overboard.

Well not exactly 500 but if you spam it a lot.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I suspected they might've been vulnerable to that. Do you have to turn all of them on at once and then click the last repeatedly? What kind of lag spike is ideal to wait for? Nexus NPC freezes?

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

I wait for my character to freeze in place.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Do you actually go to the Nexus to do that, given that it happens repeatedly there?

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

For me when I was leveling I would go solo some bams wait till one was near death, wait for a lag spike where I froze and pop it. You can just wait for a big lagspike and do it, works anywhere. All you have to do is spam right click on what you want.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Can you provoke a lag spike by temporarily interrupting your internet connection?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
If you use a macro to right click at 0.003 second intervals, then zoom in on a wall to get maximum fps, then wait for nexus and go hog wild with macro, you'll easily stack very high.

Don't overdo it!

And you can't prove if I did it or not!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I haven't played TERA much despite being super into it before, but I saw some guy on this giant golden behemoth of some kind.

Is it a mount? And if so how do I get one for my manly man amani, a suitably awesome mount for a dragon man? :black101:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, have I just been incredibly unlucky with my playtimes or are there some pretty creepy people filling up area chat in pretty much every zone? I can't seem to turn it on before some person starts to talk about how sexy Elin are, then justify it because "in the lore they're adults so it's okay for me to fap to them".

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Verranicus posted:

So, have I just been incredibly unlucky with my playtimes or are there some pretty creepy people filling up area chat in pretty much every zone? I can't seem to turn it on before some person starts to talk about how sexy Elin are, then justify it because "in the lore they're adults so it's okay for me to fap to them".
Nah the public chat is pretty dire.

Tri86
Jan 4, 2010
http://tera-online.cc/gallery/human-fh/3750-human_f_h17.html

What is this set called and how do I get it?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Velveteen posted:

If you use a macro to right click at 0.003 second intervals, then zoom in on a wall to get maximum fps, then wait for nexus and go hog wild with macro, you'll easily stack very high.

Don't overdo it!

And you can't prove if I did it or not!

This could mean the game is wide open to a modified client/packet injection.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

I believe that's just the regular t10 set. Look for whatever the t10 golds are called and they should match that.

Call Me BEEF
Feb 19, 2013

I'M SO FABULOUS

Verranicus posted:

I'm pretty sure the first thing I did in this game was turn off every chat that wasn't Party or LFG. Never looked back.
There are some nutty folks that play this game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How does gold scale in this game? At level 25 or so I was struggling to keep above 15g, now at 31 I'm sat on 900g thanks to a random key I didn't realise I owned for the strongboxes. Is that a lot or what?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Best-in-slot tradable weapons go for 70k or so. A bit worse weapons for 10k.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

70k gold? holy gently caress.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The gold you get seems to ram up fairly fast though. The gold I made up to level 40 amounted to like 260g, but in the couple of levels since then I've made pretty much the same amount.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
At 51 I'm at 6k, 2k from keys (elite, valentines) and 2k from emeralds. Rewards and gold drops have gone up drastically through the 40s.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
You will make probably 3k just in quest rewards from 50-60. Add the money from selling random drops from dungeons and such and thats probably another 2k.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

If you are smart about your money and questing you can make a pretty good nest egg. I had around 22k or so when I dinged 60. Course I spammed the hell outta dungeons and was able to make a good amount off drops.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I'm level 41 with 12-13K gold. Almost all of it was by playing the trade broker -- buying things under priced and then reselling them at normal prices. I've made easily 10k just from that alone in a couple of weeks.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm currently at 12k at level 19 from selling crafting mats on the AH.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Yeah it's all about the broker.

I keep finding a bug with my Slayer which I find hilarious. If you overhand strike on a target but hit a terrain hiccup mid swing, your guy will just hop up in the air a little then as he lands the enemy takes the overhand damage.

It's pretty great to just bunnyhop someone to death.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

One of the perks of elite status in TERA is free use of an epic mount. Later this month, we’re replacing the nexus warhorse on your elite toolbar with the jeweled lion, so you’ll have something new to ride into battle.

The nexus warhorse isn’t going away entirely, however. Any TERA player—elite or not—can buy one with Agnitor credits, earned by participating in nexus battles. (You’ll also earn the “Get on Your High Horse” achievement.)

They will also be selling the golden beetle walker mount thing.

:dance:

Although this makes my tawny lion a bit unnecessary now...

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 5, 2013

FrozenMeats
Apr 28, 2003

Preserved for the ages.
The gold inflation going on in this game right now is staggering. Queen weapons are up to 100k, from 60k last week. Master Enigmatic Scrolls have gone from 300 to 500 per. Makes sense when you can make 1-2k gold per day from dailies alone, and there's really nothing to spend it on that would take the money out of the system.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I just bought this lance off the broker, but I can't equip it. What am I missing? My character is a level 28 lancer.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Nechronic posted:

I just bought this lance off the broker, but I can't equip it. What am I missing? My character is a level 28 lancer.

The game is telling you to sell it back and buy one with +Speed and +Aggro instead of MP boosts. :colbert:

Actually I have no idea why it isn't equipping. What's the error message it gives you?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Nechronic posted:

Dumb question, but were you trying to equip it on horseback or while in the trade broker menu? For whatever reason, being on horseback or in certain menus prevents you from equipping bindable equipment, so if that was it just try again while you're outside of any menus and just standing on the ground. Only thing that I can think of.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Nechronic posted:

Does it have a question mark on it when you look at it in your inventory?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I just logged on and tried to equip it again and it worked. :confused:

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
maybe it was lag or something? who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

They patched the elite-boost abuse. There's now a 10 minute cooldown on them.

• Locked thread