Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lightbulb Out posted:

You mean the normal place, right?

Most cars that I've driven are like this:

code:
 1 3 5
 |_|_|_
 | | | |
 2 4 6 R

1 3 5
 |_|_|
 | | | 
 2 4 R 

If that's what you mean by the normal place, anyways :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Faerunner posted:

Do you usually think clearly in an emergency where the outcome might be "This is the day I die."?

Regardless of how I react (yes, I do think clearly as I've been continuously trained to do so for decades - the proof of this is that I'm not dead), I'm not sure how anyone's "panic reaction" would be to do a whole bunch of poo poo rather than to just stomp on the foot brake. It doesn't make any sense, and if he had the time to downshift and pull a hand brake he wasn't all that close to begin with.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Motronic posted:

Regardless of how I react (yes, I do think clearly as I've been continuously trained to do so for decades - the proof of this is that I'm not dead), I'm not sure how anyone's "panic reaction" would be to do a whole bunch of poo poo rather than to just stomp on the foot brake. It doesn't make any sense, and if he had the time to downshift and pull a hand brake he wasn't all that close to begin with.

On my way to pulling the e-brake, I popped it from 5th to 2nd, dropped the clutch, and put both feet on the brake pedal. Best explanation I have is that I've been playing drums since I was six and have pretty good reaction times :v:

Anyways the point is while the Aveo is a poo poo car, I didn't die when I crashed in one even though it's so small and I was beyond impressed with that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've driven Aveo rental cars and my god those are the worst cars I've had the pleasure of driving.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I would've just unsheathed my katana... :jerkbag:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
El Porschamino

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Tusen Takk posted:

On my way to pulling the e-brake, I popped it from 5th to 2nd, dropped the clutch, and put both feet on the brake pedal. Best explanation I have is that I've been playing drums since I was six and have pretty good reaction times :v:

Anyways the point is while the Aveo is a poo poo car, I didn't die when I crashed in one even though it's so small and I was beyond impressed with that.

The point has become that you don't seem to have a firm grasp of how brakes work.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Motronic posted:

El Porschamino

I gotta vote wrong thread for this one, it warps beyond awful back into awesome territory.

I also like that it isn't over-done, it looks really utilitarian. Like the pickup bed is actually used.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Motronic posted:

(yes, I do think clearly as I've been continuously trained to do so for decades - the proof of this is that I'm not dead)

Oh Motronic-san, teach us your glorious ways.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Faerunner posted:

Oh Motronic-san, teach us your glorious ways.

Join fire department, get trained as such for 20 years.

It's not all that exceptional. It is what it is.

I'm sure the military trains this way as well.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Godholio posted:

The point has become that you don't seem to have a firm grasp of how brakes work.

I understand that when you pound on the brakes it locks all four wheels and that pulling the ebrake did diddly squat.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kenshin posted:

I gotta vote wrong thread for this one, it warps beyond awful back into awesome territory.

I also like that it isn't over-done, it looks really utilitarian. Like the pickup bed is actually used.

Yeah, I love it.

I had an Aveo once as a rental. I abused the hell out of it, and it was fun for that, anyway. That poor e-brake...

[I did not use it to save my life, I used it to perform mad tyte dorifuto moves in my parking lot]

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

kastein posted:

My favorite vanity plate ever. Definitely doesn't belong in this thread :v:

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Apropos of nothing, that photo was taken in Ferndale, MI right outside of Detroit. I live not too far from where it was taken. Now I need to find that truck because that plate is awesome.

Tusen Takk posted:

Holy poo poo, that's my friend John's truck, he rebuilt that entire Bronco over a summer and we went through a shitload of junkyards to find different parts to the interior. I haven't actually talked to him in a few months, but last I checked, he still had it :allears:
That's what I love and fear about this forum. Take and post a picture at a random intersection and there's a decent chance someone can identify exactly where that is.

I'm also amazed at how many local goons I see pop up.

GutBomb posted:

Why is she the idiot when you were you going 60MPH on what's a major road with stores on it which is likely a 35/40MPH zone?

Tusen Takk posted:

Speedlimit was 60mph and she didn't look where she was going.
Surface streets with speeds of 50-60mph aren't exactly common around here, but they do exist. And they usually cross a 30-45mph street.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Tusen Takk posted:

I understand that when you pound on the brakes it locks all four wheels and that pulling the ebrake did diddly squat.

Despite your cat like inhuman reflexes, any activity that took concentration away from applying the brake pedal and modulating the amount of force applied to it so that you apply the maximum amount of stopping power while not locking the wheels up (threshold braking) actually significantly increased your stopping distance and the speed at which you hit the idiot in the other car. The point is don't do that poo poo again you're not helping the situation.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You guys are terrible car stuff

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Cakefool posted:

You guys are terrible car stuff

Spernin' 'n' Trollin': AI in a nutshell.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
just gonna leave this here... :stonk:

http://redbarncustoms.net/RBC_CUSTOMER_RIDES.html

This whole website is pretty much :banjo: hackjob fabrication from people who probably don't pick the cow poo poo from between their toes before coming inside. At least I am pretty sure the closest "customer ride" pictured is from Pennsyltucky, so I think I'm probably safe.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I wanna ride in the MUDSLUT

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

kastein posted:

just gonna leave this here... :stonk:

http://redbarncustoms.net/RBC_CUSTOMER_RIDES.html

This whole website is pretty much :banjo: hackjob fabrication from people who probably don't pick the cow poo poo from between their toes before coming inside. At least I am pretty sure the closest "customer ride" pictured is from Pennsyltucky, so I think I'm probably safe.

Anyone else notice the one in the middle here?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh gosh whatever could be under the censor strip :allears:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Well, mudpit trucks generally do look like a pile of scaffolding with axles underneath.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

Gremlins, of course.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Code Jockey posted:

Look to the right

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Bucephalus posted:

Look to the right

Cody stole his wheels?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

What, no one see the deuce coupe(?) on tractor tires, the Silverado bulldozer, or the Super Duty limo?
Holy poo poo they just don't stop, there's MUD PIMP to go with MUD SLUT! What's the car/truck thing on the front page, Cuda?

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...

Godholio posted:

Or that none of these things were physically possible in 25 feet at 60mph. What is the RT of a pro top fuel driver who is WAITING for the light to turn green?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Poing posted:

Or that none of these things were physically possible in 25 feet at 60mph. What is the RT of a pro top fuel driver who is WAITING for the light to turn green?

Or he could be exaggerating and it's really not worth arguing over.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Motronic posted:

El Porschamino

Vehicular hermaphrodite.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Aren't Aveos known for the timing belt breaking at like 50-60k? Maybe I'm thinking of something else. It seems with a car that cheap a timing belt going on an interference engine would nearly total it. :v:

My favorite reverse location is the down-and-over left of 1st thing that VWs have.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

jamal posted:

Anyone else notice the one in the middle here?

I'm almost certain I've seen "Cody's" Ford. But I don't want to make the trip to Marietta or wherever the hell near Columbiana County that guy is probably from.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

Hashal posted:

License plates on that first one - what a waste of money.

While on license plates...

It's from Unforgivable, and I completely approve.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Previa_fun posted:

Aren't Aveos known for the timing belt breaking at like 50-60k? Maybe I'm thinking of something else. It seems with a car that cheap a timing belt going on an interference engine would nearly total it. :v:

My favorite reverse location is the down-and-over left of 1st thing that VWs have.

Fiat X1/9 (and 128 and Yugo GV) has a 30K timing belt intervals, which was a pretty uncommon thing in 1974, so it wasn't done.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

madeintaipei posted:

What, no one see the deuce coupe(?) on tractor tires, the Silverado bulldozer, or the Super Duty limo?
Holy poo poo they just don't stop, there's MUD PIMP to go with MUD SLUT! What's the car/truck thing on the front page, Cuda?

Seriously, this yellow thing loving rules.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Code Jockey posted:

drat MUDDERS

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Motronic posted:

El Porschamino

I guess it literally hauls rear end now.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

madeintaipei posted:

Crazy Carl from Michigan with the mil cargo truck attempting to fly has almost made up for everything else on that page :allears:

I would ride shotgun in that deathtrap any day if it was driven like that.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I can't believe that I read through the last couple of pages without realizing that I was reading Tussen Tak posts until the very end.

For content:

What is it with old Jaguars and wires and hoses running all over everywhere without any rhyme or reason whatsoever? It doesn't look like they designed a car so much as just started connecting poo poo together in a random fashion until something happened.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

FIRST TIME posted:

What is it with old Jaguars and wires and hoses running all over everywhere without any rhyme or reason whatsoever? It doesn't look like they designed a car so much as just started connecting poo poo together in a random fashion until something happened.

Wait until you see where the air intakes are.

The FI V12s have an analogue computer in the boot (US: Trunk), which requires a vacuum line run from the intake manifold all the way back. This is the sort of thinking you're up against when you're looking at/trying to make sense of British automobiles.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My dream classic car is a mk2 bank-robber jag, but if I had one it would have to be built from the ground up on different running gear & engine with an entirely new loom. Even then it would break down before i finished building it & catch fire out of spite. Jags are ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jaaaaaaaags. The Mark 2 is my favorite, as well.

Mark 2 trivia: The Mark 2 is also well known as the car driven by fictional TV detective Inspector Morse played by John Thaw, although Morse's car was the least desirable version (with its 2.4 L engine, steel wheels and Everflex vinyl roof). It was often pushed into scenes with engine noises dubbed onto the soundtrack in post-production. :v:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 6, 2013